• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long post up ahead:

All right, here's my wishlist:

Every character from Melee and Brawl, plus the following newcomers:

- Dixie Kong
- Toon Zelda/Tetra (In batle, press Down+B to transform; like Zelda/Sheik)
- Midna
- Dark Samus (MP2 look; that was cooler)
- Adam Malkovich
- Krystal (w/ staff)
- Plusle & Minun
- Meowth
- Black Shadow
- Ashley (WarioWare Inc.)
- Shantae
- KOS-MOS (from Xenosaga; version 1 appearance)
- Cloud Strife
- Sephiroth
- Megaman

Personally, I don't think that's a bad lineup. There's some uniqueness in there, right?
Uhhh.....

KOS-MOS - Unlikely. I only see 1 new 3rd party character

Cloud - ...... Wtf. He never had a game on a nintendo console

Sephiroth - Seriously? Wtf. He never had a game on a nintendo console

Ashley - Wuuuut? Having another wario rep is unlikely.

Toon Zelda - I'm fine. I guess. I'm neutral with Toon Zelda.

Plusle and minun - Why do we need them? The only new pokemons I can see coming into the next smash bros 4 would be either Victini or Zoroark
Hell yeah Shadow is black he carried guns and starred in his own game carrying guns around. He was copying modern warfare.
I'm not a fan of Shadow.....

I like Silver moar!

We are running out of topics to discuss. What does everyone think of re-capping topics we've already discussed?
I don't know. What's the use if we discussed it like over a 100 times.

Just wait...... A newcomer will come... Lol and we'll watch Iblis do his thing.
I did in my previous post but here it is again.

Casually I could see 6 or more players being very fun and allow a bigger crowd to play, say you have a small party at your house.

Competitivley, 3v3 to 4v4 matches could very interesting and I could see a lot of depth and exploring in it. I could even see us at tournies doing stupid stuff like having a 1v7 match.

Gameplay wise, I see it adding more stages, maybe some specifically for those matches. Who knows maybe he could even add a new game mechanic for that game play.
I'm fine with the brawl roster too. All I want is Toad, Ridley and Megaman. DONE
It doesn't matter, we do it all the time. It's my part of my full theory circle. I'm just waiting for someone do bring up the multiplayer going over 4 players like it has been brought up the last 6 times and I'll post that same Melee vid of 6 players.

Yooo I told you people before I'm fine with the Brawl roster LOL, just add Megaman and Ridley and I don't really care who else gets in. We never stick to a subject long enough for it to be developed, when we do get somewhere odds out of 100, 95 percent of the time during a good discussion a random wishlist will pop up. Account in the flamewars, add the Chris and Lord Hokage effect. We don't even sit down and talk about Star's concepts long enough for it to be worth while. Movesets are running dry because we have basically gotten a solid idea of a good roster. Throw in a random thing here and there. Repeat whole proccess.

Tbh imo, this thread became a joke after the first 10 pages (I use 40 Post per page). We do the same thing over and over again. That's why I have my full circle theory. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
We're running out of topics. You're right.

There's no news about smash so far and development starts like around October or later. All we're doing is talking to flamers and trollers, newcomers with flawed logic and people arguing that brawl sucks and melee is better.
wait wait wait... what?!?! 6 players really?!?!? wow this is what happens when people get desperate???
Calm down guys. if you really ran out of ideas you'd still be discussing the balancing of the chars. thats something really impossible. But anyways I still think about the melee physics and mechanics to be back. it wouldn't ruin the brawl community and for us melee players we'd be in love with smash all over again :)
If all you're gonna do is WHINE WHINE WHINE about how awesome melee is then G.T.F.O!

They're both good games. We won't try changing your opinion but you won't change our opinion about brawl being better than melee or melee being better at brawl. Stop trying to convince us. We have our own opinions.
Its not like im not getting tired of you guys too you know... :/
but well no one seems to listen to my thought about the melee feel and techniques being on the next smash brothers. it wouldn't bother the brawlies or brawl players now would it? i thought so..
You think we're brawlies?

First off, I like brawl and melee in their own way. Both of them are good games.
I'm glad there is no brawl community where i live because i'd be living with people like you :( lol XD i prefer a COD community over you guys :) LOL and thats saying something XD but oh well...
What's wrong with the brawl community?

You don't like them because they like brawl more than melee? Wow. We do not care about your opinion. There are people here who prefer melee much more than brawl but they aren't like you.
Yes i like to troll but oh well guess its cuz im in the brawlies page :/ You're all just kids with fantasies of playing mario to fight sonic or mario to fight master cheif with kratos or whatever it is you guys fetish with those characters.
I have Smash N64, Smash Melee, and Smash Brawl. I still play Smash N64 and Smash Melee. Smash Brawl is just thrown somewhwere with my wii. and then i bought an xbox 360 just for street fighter 4 thats a real fighting game. not people like you who say more characters and stroyline make a game good.
oh well but im talking to brawlies so im sorry guys but you won't understand me I love trollin' myself with you guys.
Wow. You think we're all like that?

You should get out. You don't like smash bros brawl? Fine but you don't have to say it like a hundred times. You think of us wrong. Seriously.... You think we're that dumb? Ha!
LOL yes my autism is OP son
Actually I don't go away I'll always be with you guys <3 LOLOL
neh idk its cuz like seriously guys. Can you be a little more realistic? ok master cheif isn't going to smash brothers..
and Well Nintendo wants more costumers now right? They want the "hardcore" and "casual" people to buy their games. So if the next smash were to have "hardcore" (Competitive) again like in melee or N64 then it'd be better for Nintendo. The casuals don't care about the gameplay just aslong as they fight Mario with link or whatever LOL
Yes I am Lonely :( very very lonely.....XD neh its not funny anymore lol
No one here suggested Master Chief. Only those weird people. None of the people who are extremely active in this thread said something that stupid. You probably can't understand what a joke is. Omega was "rooting" for Master Chief (Lol joke.) I wanted ****ing Nathan Drake but DID WE SAY THEY HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING IIIINNNNN?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Idk if i should believe in the next smash brothers :/ its hard to believe.......
Woooow..... Just get out..... If you do not believe in Sakurai THEN GET THE **** OUT.

You're just like those people who lost faith in nintendo or smash. If you do not believe that smash 4 will do well then GET OUT. This is a smash 4 discussion. If all you're gonna do is Whinewhieniehhwinewneiwhei niewhjeiwhie nienwihewhine than get out. This is only for the people who are interested.
its weird how the brawl community share irrelevant ideas.........
so what if the next smash isn't brawl?
Who are you talking about?

Us or the brawl community in general? Either way, you should stop acting like you know everything. You think bad of the brawl community? Keep your **** to yourself
With all these discussions? I feel that a lot of the discussions, especially on characters, are outright biased and filled with remote logic that does not have a lot of backing other than typical conjecture. Then there's the whole thing about rating character chances. I'm sorry, SSBF, but this has got to be the biggest waste of time I've seen here as it's just people throwing out arbitrary numbers. I could say Kumatora is 30% likely for no real reason.
True. Really true.

We can't judge the chances of a character. We can only tell how deserving he or she is but judging the chances? We're not the creators. We have to wait. It's up to Sakurai.
Holy ****
I'm done with you kids I'm sorry I don't seem to agree with your childish fantasies so I'll be going to my pros at the melee community :)
Bye
If MK becomes bottom tier and has the Roy effect on all his moves I'll die of laughter.
Hope that happens. Lol.
It's still quite amusing that the three main LoZ characters are the worst Brawl fighters in the competitive environment.
Lol. Yeah. I found that weird.

Lol Snake got lower. Oh well. The community is dead for now.....

@Tier prediction: Toad is would be top 3. Lol. Fanboyism. I agree with M&S about white mage though.
Yeah the other major differences in Melee and Brawl is, the weight system, the removing of L Cancel, Airdodge system, and the coding error in the hitstun.

Melee is more about techskill and finger endurance. Brawl is more about precision and spacing. They still have the same core fundamentals.

Omg you are thick-headed, you aren't giving Brawl a chance and your vendetta against Brawl is clouding your opinion on the NOT EVEN MADE Smash 4.

Also you sidestep all my points and fail to counter nor address them. What's up with that Mayday?

EDIT: I like Mayday better :awesome:
Always shutting up the idiots. Lol
this game will like never come out IMO
Aren't you the guy who kept talking about Mewtwo not being a clone of Lucario?

Who even said that? That's stupid :I

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Long post up ahead:

Uhhh.....

Plusle and minun - Why do we need them? The only new pokemons I can see coming into the next smash bros 4 would be either Victini or Zoroark

I like Silver moar!

I'm fine with the brawl roster too. All I want is Toad, Ridley and Megaman. DONE

There's no news about smash so far and development starts like around October or later. All we're doing is talking to flamers and trollers, newcomers with flawed logic and people arguing that brawl sucks and melee is better.

If all you're gonna do is WHINE WHINE WHINE about how awesome melee is then G.T.F.O!

They're both good games. We won't try changing your opinion but you won't change our opinion about brawl being better than melee or melee being better at brawl. Stop trying to convince us. We have our own opinions.

First off, I like brawl and melee in their own way. Both of them are good games.

You don't like them because they like brawl more than melee? Wow. We do not care about your opinion. There are people here who prefer melee much more than brawl but they aren't like you.

You should get out. You don't like smash bros brawl? Fine but you don't have to say it like a hundred times. You think of us wrong. Seriously.... You think we're that dumb? Ha!

No one here suggested Master Chief. Only those weird people. None of the people who are extremely active in this thread said something that stupid. You probably can't understand what a joke is. Omega was "rooting" for Master Chief (Lol joke.) I wanted ****ing Nathan Drake but DID WE SAY THEY HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING IIIINNNNN?

Woooow..... Just get out..... If you do not believe in Sakurai THEN GET THE **** OUT.

You're just like those people who lost faith in nintendo or smash. If you do not believe that smash 4 will do well then GET OUT. This is a smash 4 discussion. If all you're gonna do is Whinewhieniehhwinewneiwhei niewhjeiwhie nienwihewhine than get out. This is only for the people who are interested.

Us or the brawl community in general? Either way, you should stop acting like you know everything. You think bad of the brawl community? Keep your **** to yourself

True. Really true.

We can't judge the chances of a character. We can only tell how deserving he or she is but judging the chances? We're not the creators. We have to wait. It's up to Sakurai.

Holy ****

Bye

Hope that happens. Lol.

@Tier prediction: Toad is would be top 3. Lol. Fanboyism. I agree with M&S about white mage though.

Heyyy... There's also the people with patience. :/

Also, i was under the impression that SSBF's thread on rating chars was mainly for fun. No need to go serious on it in my opinion. It's just fun to see the little snippets of RP and what ppl think. I never at all got the impression that we were seriously being fortune-tellers :p .

I never knew there was discussion about breaking the 4 person limit but i actually wouldn't mind it if it happened on larger stages, however i never got the general opinion on that, which i have a feeling was bad....

I guess those are my thoughts on that post...

It's just that I can't stand those type of people anymore.

6 players sounds fun in general. I'd imagine 6 characters being squeezed in Final destination. Lol. That sounds fun like adding a spiny shell as an item (It will target and DESTROY the winning player. Lol).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh my goodness that would be hilarious. I actually have had that idea, but i doubt it would be viable. Instead, i'd rather the return of the red shell from 64.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man. I hope it doesn't track enemies even in the air. Lol.
Sonic has an attack that tracks enemies

Turning an ability used by a character into an item has happened in smash, with screw attack

We're talking about the red shell. I wouldn't mind but it looks weird if it's tracking the enemy even if he/she is air born. If it does track enemies at mid air, then it looks like the red shell is flying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We're talking about the red shell. i wouldn't mind but it looks weird if it's tracking the enemy even if he/she is air born. If it does track enemies at mid air, then it looks like the red shell is flying.
I kinda figured you were talking about the "Red Shell" by the fact you said "Red Shell"

Well.....

Since the you can play on the Wii U controller, I guess since there MIGHT be 2 Wii U controllers which means 4 people will play using the CC, Wiichuk using the TV while the other 2 use the Wii U controller.... That's a total of 6 players. Is it possible?

Off for a while. I'm gonna play TvC.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh, finally poned a good ganondorf... Felt good to get revenge. :D

*Looks at shortie's post*
And it looks really, really cool. ;)

Yea me and my bro are kinda online brawlin', but i'll come back to check the thread later(which i still want you to answer the question: Should this thread become it's own sub-forum?). Ciaos for now!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
People forget that the Gamcube was planned for Six controllers. Six player Smash has been done, sorta.
Yea man, wouldn't it be awesome if they did such a thing without trying to hack the game?

Of course it would, the more people join the fray, the better, but I'm doubting that the Wii-U will even support six controllers though.

Long post up ahead:

Uhhh.....

I like Silver moar!

True. Really true.

Holy ****

Bye

Hope that happens. Lol.

Lol.. I laughed at your rants towards Nine, he was being so biased about Brawl, we wants SSB4 to be the next Melee, which IMO nobody cares, also that shadowbind guy was his alt. account.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Six players would finally make use of stages like New Pork City and Temple. Maybe.

Also, Omega, would you like for Burger Knight to be on the extreme end of big, slow, and powerful? He would be sooo slow (though he could have the warp powder to help his mobility somewhat), but he'd also have SOOO many invincibility frames. And of course he'd be very powerful too, with a very long reach.

I'm not really sure how VIABLE that is, but I think it's interesting conceptually. It's how I like to imagine him at least. :V

OmegaXXII

Also, Omega, would you like for Burger Knight to be on the extreme end of big, slow, and powerful? He would be sooo slow (though he could have the warp powder to help his mobility somewhat), but he'd also have SOOO many invincibility frames. And of course he'd be very powerful too, with a very long reach.

I'm not really sure how VIABLE that is, but I think it's interesting conceptually. It's how I like to imagine him at least. :V

For the last time, he isn't a burger!! :mad:

Nah, I kid, I kid..

But that's a very good question, for his movement he would obviously be a very slow character even more so than Bowser seeing he has the Armor, but like you mentioned his Warp Powder would come in very handy when trying to move around, plus since he has Ashera's Blessing on his armor many attacks won't hurt him as much, a few frames of invincibility would only apply when he is about to attack seeing that he is big in all.

As for his Alondite sword it would definetly have a long reach, potentially killing foes as little as 80% since he is very powerful, I'd say he would probably end up closer to bottom-tier but still mid-tier.

OmegaXXII

Ya, well I just got off work :p

Me and beserker always hang around this time, we never see big shots like you around this time.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For the last time, he isn't a burger!! :mad:

Nah, I kid, I kid..

But that's a very good question, for his movement he would obviously be a very slow character even more so than Bowser seeing he has the Armor, but like you mentioned his Warp Powder would come in very handy when trying to move around, plus since he has Ashera's Blessing on his armor many attacks won't hurt him as much, a few frames of invincibility would only apply when he is about to attack seeing that he is big in all.

As for his Alondite sword it would definetly have a long reach, potentially killing foes as little as 80% since he is very powerful, I'd say he would probably end up closer to bottom-tier but still mid-tier.
Maybe Beef Kake would be better.

Anyway, I like to imagine him as a character that seems like they always have the Metal Box. Only the strongest of attacks would cause him to flinch. Of course, he stills takes damage like crazy since he's so vulnerable before/after attacks. The attacks would probably be rather easy to dodge too, but maybe they could go through shields easily? Along with such high flinch resistance, he'd be very heavy as well. Because he would be so hard to even knock off the stage, his recovery would have to be just awful and predictable.

UNFORTUNATELY, the way I envision him would probably doom him to be one of the worst characters in the game. Fun to think about though. :V

splat

Smash Lord
Plusle and minun - Why do we need them? The only new pokemons I can see coming into the next smash bros 4 would be either Victini or Zoroark.
I've been hearing a lot of people saying this, but I actually have a feeling that it would be a Pokémon from generation 6, if we'd get to see a new Pokémon at all.

Let's take a look at the things we 'know'.
From Project Sora's website we know that development is planned to take 2 to 3 years, thus releasing in
late 2013 or somewhere in 2014.

Currently, we had five generations of Pokémon.
Generation 1 was released in Japan on February 27, 1996.
Generation 2 was released in Japan on November 21, 1999.
Generation 3 was released in Japan on November 21, 2002.
Generation 4 was released in Japan on September 28, 2006.
Generation 5 was released in Japan on September 18, 2010.​
Looking at the dates, we can see that the longest period we had to wait is between generation 4 and 5, lasting just under four years.
The shortest period we had to wait was 3 years exactly.
This would mean as well that a new generation would launch around
late 2013 or somewhere in 2014. Looking at the average, it'd be a Friday - May 9, 2014.

I think it sounds somewhat plausible, especially if you take into account that some Pokémon are released to public before their respective generations:
Generation 2's Togepi was revealed on June 25, 1998. This is not taking Ho-oh into account, who was shown briefly on April 1, 1997.
Generation 3 I couldn't find anything on.
Generation 4's Munchlax was revealed in May, 2004.
Generation 5's Zoroark was revealed on February 10, 2010.​
Notice how it's not uncommon for Pokémon to be released more than a year before their respective generation.

With these things in mind, new Pokémon could be released somewhere in 2012, 2013 or 2014.

Also, remember why Roy was put in the game? He was there to advertise his new game. I'm not implying Pokémon needs advertising, but it could be a nice boost for generation 6 to see their mascot in the new Super Smash Bros.

All in all, I think it's actually plausible enough - I added a slot for a new Pokémon in my own roster.

Hmmm..... Didn't know that but we'll see which Pokemon becomes playable.

@Omega: You'll never be a big shot. Lolololololol.

Now time to look for the pic

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The problem with all that is Sm4sh will begin development this year. Planning for characters starts this year. The Pokemon being considered will be the ones most popular/relevant/whatever from this year to maybe mid-summer next year. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the roster will be finalized by the end of next year.

OmegaXXII

I've been hearing a lot of people saying this, but I actually have a feeling that it would be a Pokémon from generation 6, if we'd get to see a new Pokémon at all.

Let's take a look at the things we 'know'.
From Project Sora's website we know that development is planned to take 2 to 3 years, thus releasing in
late 2013 or somewhere in 2014.

Currently, we had five generations of Pokémon.
Generation 1 was released in Japan on February 27, 1996.
Generation 2 was released in Japan on November 21, 1999.
Generation 3 was released in Japan on November 21, 2002.
Generation 4 was released in Japan on September 28, 2006.
Generation 5 was released in Japan on September 18, 2010.​
Looking at the dates, we can see that the longest period we had to wait is between generation 4 and 5, lasting just under four years.
The shortest period we had to wait was 3 years exactly.
This would mean as well that a new generation would launch around
late 2013 or somewhere in 2014. Looking at the average, it'd be a Friday - May 9, 2014.

I think it sounds somewhat plausible, especially if you take into account that some Pokémon are released to public before their respective generations:
Generation 2's Togepi was revealed on June 25, 1998. This is not taking Ho-oh into account, who was shown briefly on April 1, 1997.
Generation 3 I couldn't find anything on.
Generation 4's Munchlax was revealed in May, 2004.
Generation 5's Zoroark was revealed on February 10, 2010.​
Notice how it's not uncommon for Pokémon to be released more than a year before their respective generation.

With these things in mind, new Pokémon could be released somewhere in 2012, 2013 or 2014.

Also, remember why Roy was put in the game? He was there to advertise his new game. I'm not implying Pokémon needs advertising, but it could be a nice boost for generation 6 to see their mascot in the new Super Smash Bros.

All in all, I think it's actually plausible enough - I added a slot for a new Pokémon in my own roster.
Whoa! Whoa!! Slow down....

Are you implying that we might get some kind of 6th generation pokemon as a playable character for Smash 4?

I greatly doubt it!! Sakurai is going to start development soon in October 2011; by that time he will already have a planned roster of characters that are likely to appear, that includes any of the latest Pokemon.

But since 2012/13 will be in 1 to 2 years time I doubt Sakurai is going to consider any of the 6th gen Pokemon that would otherwise appear during that timeframe, maybe as part of an item they might, but playable, it's very unlikely sorry.

Unless you came from the future or something, I don't think it's going to happen. Either it's true or it's a bunch of speculating nonsense!! DONE!

@berserker: says who??!!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm all for a pure grappler, but you should explain his moves.

Still I'm all for an AT that pile drives whoever it grabs
Alright, here goes.

CONCUSSION KICK
-Opponent is immediately stamped on the floor when this aerial roundhouse kick connects. Concussion kick works like a Meteor Smash as well.

PIN DOWN
-A follow up to Concussion kick. Hayabusa will pin down one opponent, damaging him slowly over time until opponent breaks free. On opponent's higher percentages, it's harder to break free
(0 to 30% = up to 1 second.
31% to 60% = up to 2 seconds.
61% to 100% up to 4 seconds.
100% and above, up to 5 seconds)
(Kirby version does Concussion kick first followed by pin down)

BACK BRAIN KICK
(not sure why this is called a KICK when it looks like an elbow crush. But this is Hayabusa's trademark attack)
-Hayabusa drops down with his elbow to slam an opponent with his body weight, elbow first. This can bounce enemies up if they're grounded. Can cancel horizontal momentum in air when performed, to fall straight down (kirby/yoshi like).

CORNER JUMP
-Hayabusa will crouch down and perform a high jump, as if he were performing it from the corner pole of a wrestling ring.
On contact with an enemy, the enemy will be "air-grabbed" and slammed under Hayabusa's derriere when falling back to the ground.
It is also an effective suicidal move if performed in a place where there's no ground to land on.

Final Smash: BACKFLIP SPLASH.
-A backflip that delivers a deadly body slam with full force on opponent. Fighter Hayabusa leaps high in the air very quickly, and comes back down equally quickly. This attack KO's without fail on opponents around 25% damage (if he lands on them).

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Pokemon is a done deal, I'm not going to sit around and calculate patterns for the thousandth pokemon, 5 generations is enough.
Come on! We could all use another helping of 150 Pokemon that look like action figures and have the most atrociously bad puns for names! It's NECESSARY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom