• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Jeez, I could post a request for Harry Potter in SSBU, and I would still be less of a troll than the poopy-pants little kindergarteners posting generic jokes about manliness.
Please...Just stop..even if you were being ironic. :glare:

think we'll see this treatment given to Ganondorf and Meta-Knight, they need it. Heck, Ganondorf may even receive a sword and an unique move set while he's at it (Which I hope is the case).
Yes, I highly agree, aside from Black Shadow potentially replacing him as a low-tier character,Ganondorf could definetly use either a sword of his style or a series of black magic, much possibilities can be taken from his games.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
And a question to all: What do people prefer Target Tests be designed like this time? Individual targets tests for each character like in Melee? Target tests for particular groups of characters (a Mario series target test, a retro character target test, etc.)? Or Brawl's five set levels at varying difficulties?
Why not have the best of both 64 and Melee, as well as Brawl? What I mean by this is the following:

If only a single player is playing, then the target test would reflect this and test the character to the best of their abilities. This would allow for challenges that would actually prove to be a challenge, as I saw no real difficulty in the Brawl ones and saw more difficulty in ones from the previous games.

HOWEVER

Say your best friend decides "Hey, mind if I join in?". By having this, having a second player join, then a new option would spring up and ask what difficulty you'd like the target test to be. These would reflect the difficulties the Brawl's had, with perhaps more tricks here and there to prove a bit more challenging.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh yes, and in addition, do you think Sakurai not "balancing" everything by himself this time will help or hurt the game's balance?

IMO, with a larger group of less-biased individuals, more characters should be more viable, and we won't get anything like Meta Knight, who has transcending priority on all but one move.

Tiers will always exist, but the company's goal should be to make them as insignificant as possible.

D

Deleted member

Oh yes, and in addition, do you think Sakurai not "balancing" everything by himself this time will help or hurt the game's balance?

IMO, with a larger group of less-biased individuals, more characters should be more viable, and we won't get anything like Meta Knight, who has transcending priority on all but one move.

Tiers will always exist, but the company's goal should be to make them as insignificant as possible.
Definitely help. There is no reason to assume that the balance won't at least receive some improvement.

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Im thinking that with the whole "Personalize 3DS Version" the WiiU game is going to become the battleground hub to transfer personalized charcters. Which seems to become a RPG Smash Bros game... Who knows, none of it is official anyways.
Example:
P1 Captain Falcon vs P2 Captain Falcon
-Both have the same Model
-P1 Captn is imported from 3DS Version.
- P1 Up Smash is a Flame boost (Fox Up Smash)
-P2 on the other hand has the original Up Smash.
-Therefore allowing all Characters to share the same aspects as on another.
-Maybe having a leveling system that allows you to switch certain moves/ or certain aspects in stats like speed, weight, strength.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
(loves PK fire's priority)

I certainly hope they'll do some improvement on char balance. I must admit though until i got on to smashboards i never really knew how good(in a bad way) MK is. I never really got used to his moves, so i'd imagine thats the reason.

I remember when i first played brawl, and everything was going so fast i couldn't even see who i was or where i was. I was dying by CPUs at lvl 1(i'm not kidding). I wonder whether the new game will do that to me...

OmegaXXII

I think both the 3DS and the Wii-u will definitely have have connectivity as far as characters goes, but i think it might only apply to swapping out characters exclusives, and Mii's.

but that idea of having a different version of the same character would be awesome nonetheless, I wonder how balancing would work in regards to that.....

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
I think both the 3DS and the Wii-u will definitely have have connectivity as far as characters goes, but i think it might only apply to swapping out characters exclusives, and Mii's.

but that idea of having a different version of the same character would be awesome nonetheless, I wonder how balancing would work in regards to that.....
If a game were to be like that it would'nt have any balancing lol. Its just like any rpg the higher level or stronger you are the more woop @$$ you do. lvl 9 CPU > lvl 4 CPU

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't really like the idea. It seems extremely unbalancing to me, even just swapping moves. Imagine if sonic had Ike's side smash, or Peach had PK Starstorm?

Unless i'm reading this wrong, in which case, don't mind my ramblings...

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
I was saying moveset wise, how would it be handled if the same character has different moves.
It would be like any charcter fighting any character. All that is different between characters is their model and moveset. But being that the movesets would be different is like two different charcters fighting but having the same model. I hope this makes sense lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I would actually hate the game and return it if that happened. I'm mad serious. I would become SSB4 Nine.

Taking out trash brb.

OmegaXXII

I'm glad you were being a troll about it, you saved yourself alot of bashing!!

The most broken character ever would certainly be spammed by noobs and we wouldn't want that at tourneys now would we/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
After playing brawl for a while i realised it didn't matter how much they nerfed ness from 64, i'd still main him and lucas. I think that's likely to happen in the next one, no matter how much MK might be broken.

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
I don't really like the idea. It seems extremely unbalancing to me, even just swapping moves. Imagine if sonic had Ike's side smash, or Peach had PK Starstorm?

Unless i'm reading this wrong, in which case, don't mind my ramblings...
Basically what im getting from it is that the customize thing will be something like this.

Im going to take Mario for example.

1. Mario Wii U -> 3DS (Wii U has basic moveset w/e it becomes, we will say its a clone of brawls.)
2. Play Mario on 3DS beating certain objectives 3DS Exclusive- Which gains a somewhat EXP or Points to spend.
3. Spend points to upgrade certain Skills. (Down Smash from F.L.U.D.D to Melee & 64's Down Spin) This does more damage rather than just pushing them.
4. Port back to the Wii U to play online with others who have customized their characters abilities. Therefore having a regular F.L.U.D.D Mario vs Down Spin Mario. (Im thinking other moves in the moveset could be changed to.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmm... I can see where you are coming from, but it seems as though that would make the game something like pokemon, where if you have a high lvl pokemon, it doesn't matter what moves you have, you'll always destroy your opponent. :/

It works for pokemon. I don't think it would work for Smash.

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Hmm... I can see where you are coming from, but it seems as though that would make the game something like pokemon, where if you have a high lvl pokemon, it doesn't matter what moves you have, you'll always destroy your opponent. :/

It works for pokemon. I don't think it would work for Smash.
Yep, I hope Sakurai does'nt slack off and relises we players just want a bigger roster of melee on 3DS and Wii U. Which is what he said he did'nt want to do. Whata dumby. :glare:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm glad you were being a troll about it, you saved yourself alot of bashing!!

The most broken character ever would certainly be spammed by noobs and we wouldn't want that at tourneys now would we/
I got my flame shield ready =P
I imagine tourneys would set a "no custom character" rule to avoid this.

:phone:

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
That's why we have Mii's for :/
That'd be so lame..... a Mii who has all awsome moves MK spams/ Ike power/ Oli's Pikmin. Screw that. I want an actual character if they're goign to be super op'd.

Now if they had a Character creation thing that lets you choice pieces of clothing/ body styles from throughout the nintendo universe that would be epic. (Waluigi in links clothes... omg to epic. And to add on a bowser shell O.O Walinkowser here i come!

D

Deleted member

Would anyone like the option for Japanese language back in SSB4? I found it very interesting back in Melee that Bowser was known as "Koopa" in Japan. Anyone wants to hear "Rockman" instead of "Megaman" in Japanese version?

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Oh well, who knows i just cant wait to at least see a trailer or something next E3.
(Hoping they remake LOZ:MM for 3DS and have a MM Link and Skull kid for 3DS version :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Would anyone like the option for Japanese language back in SSB4? I found it very interesting back in Melee that Bowser was known as "Koopa" in Japan. Anyone wants to hear "Rockman" instead of "Megaman"?
I don't really know what to think about that. While interesting, it also sounds redundant.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Tbqh, it was stupid they removed the option in the AMERICAN verison. Japan has english as an option -____-

Also, any original names a character was given will be said in the Japanese version. That's how they do it.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Now Character Creation,thats an idea!A good one at that.Wii U will totally have that for SSB4. Most fighting games have it as well.

The created character doesn't even have to have moves taken from another character.They can have different movesets.
(If you think I can't make this sound reasonable,ask me to elaborate)

OmegaXXII

Would anyone like the option for Japanese language back in SSB4? I found it very interesting back in Melee that Bowser was known as "Koopa" in Japan. Anyone wants to hear "Rockman" instead of "Megaman" in Japanese version?
I bet if anything like that happens it would be cool, I also noticed Fox spoke in Japenese in Melee when you switch the settings.

It sure reminds me how someone around here hmm....

Now Character Creation,thats an idea!A good one at that.Wii U will totally have that for SSB4. Most fighting games have it as well.

The created character doesn't even have to have moves taken from another character.They can have different movesets.
Even better, just customize your Mii to look like a character that otherwise would never be in Smash, like a Goku Mii for example, how awesome and comical would it be seeing characters such as those, heck even Obama would join the fray if they have such an option, it would definitely be for the lulz.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Elaborate please.

I bet if anything like that happens it would be cool, I also noticed Fox spoke in Japenese in Melee when you switch the settings.

It sure reminds me how someone around here hmm....
Who da **** is that?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I remember a slight backlash against no Japanese option for Brawl, considering some voice actors, specifically Pit's, were far superior in Japanese than American. Pit's victory catchphrases and Side Special were thought to be more epic in Japanese, in comparison to his mushy main voice.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom