• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Chris: If my full circle theory holds true like has been then yes. Also my estimated time until the releasing of the game will be 3-4 years.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Funk: Most definitely, I'm trying to make it to a tournament called "Apex 2012" We will be having Japanese Brawlers there, RAIN and Earth. I want to test my Japanese and if I can make it I can ask them about their thoughts on SSB4

Hoots

Can Be Combative
You are just making your own unique AvatartheLastAirbender type Pokemon there aren't you?

Platypusbear>All. Or maybe Saber Toothed Mooselion or Toucanpuffin. One of those.

Also, SSBF, your livejournal name is Limelight? Please tell me that's referencing the Rush song.

:phone:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Melee <3 you guys are ignorant but probably me too im with the good side though
pls stp.

Trust me and when I say "Trust Me", I really need you to believe me right now this is real talk. I KNOOOOOOOW that you think your opinion matters okay? I still STRONGLY don't give a **** about your opinion on video games namely Smash. Do you know what it's like having to read one of your posts? It's like I'm losing 10 brain cells every goddamned word per post son.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@iblis
I've heard of apex. You got to try to get in a few friendlies with them.

@omega
You should try to kEep on topic. It would pleaSe everyone here.

@nLim8d
The issue would be getting nintendo to upload vids if ATs

Hoots

Can Be Combative
pls stp.

Trust me and when I say "Trust Me", I really need you to believe me right now this is real talk. I KNOOOOOOOW that you think your opinion matters okay? I still STRONGLY don't give a **** about your opinion on video games namely Smash. Do you know what it's like having to read one of your posts? It's like I'm losing 10 brain cells every goddamned word per post son.
Maybe he's trying to spread his autism! The epidemic has begun! Quick! Everyone grab a blunt weapon to fend off the hordes of hand flapping and ear covering autistizombies that will accost you and beg you to play melee with them! The Autpocalypse is near!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Troll: I wish I had multiple ****s so I could show u how stingy I am.
LOL

Language barrier for SSB4 need to be broken!!
Learn Japanese like me.

@iblis
I've heard of apex. You got to try to get in a few friendlies with them.

@omega
You should try to kEep on topic. It would pleaSe everyone here.

@nLim8d
The issue would be getting nintendo to upload vids if ATs

I will if I go. Also Da Code Of Da Godz?

Is Chris here, I saw you guys mentioning him?
Yeah he only posted once though.

@Hoots: LOL

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is this what we're going to be talking about for 5 years?!
Yes pretty much so, but the difference is that we'll have more in-depth information to look at and it will be more accurate such as an e3 2012 trailer and perhaps DOJO updates, so yea.. it won't always be a speculation thread, we will actually be going by the facts presented to us by Sakurai as time goes on.

Only time will tell.....

Kantrip

Kantplay
Quit getting the F out or troll!

Also, what do you guys think of a midair stage that is entirely aerial except for random bits of debris that float up from the massive carnage of internet rage?

D

Deleted member

Thunder_slash said:
Pretty interesting. Victini is not only unique in his class, but also a perfect rep for 5th gen. If he is playable, he will be my 3rd favorite smasher (Behind Yoshi(1st) and Falco(2nd)).
I have to agree, Victini definitely deserves to be playable in at least SSB4. With the evidence I provided, the huge move set potential he has that exceed that of Zoroark and Genesect, and other things, I am certainly rooting for his inclusion.
OmegaXVII said:
I think Victini has very good chances considering "it" has a movie coming up, but the fact that it's considered as a "Mew" just hurts tit's chances, personally I see it coming due to it being the latest to rep in a movie, but Sakurai might take that into consideration, i might be wrong though if you argue that Lucario got in solely for that purpose.

I'd rather see Zoroark instead, but knowing Pokemon characters for smash, exposure (movie) + popularity is what might decide Victini over Zoroark instead.
I did state that having a Mew-like status was a valid point against his inclusion, but that's really the only one I can find. Even so, he has more things going for his inclusion then against it. I would put his likeliness in the same area as I do with Saki, Dixie Kong, and Zoroark, in the 70%s range. There's also the possibly that Masuda convince Sakurai to place Victini in instead of Zoroark or Sakurai wanting to try something different with Pokemon newcomers.
nLiM8d said:
@SSBFan: I can go in depth for pointers via PM, or even IM if you'd like.

Overall it seems like you are at the initial point in the thought collection process.
Sure, why not? I won't mind.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for comments on my blog. Much appreciated.
Hoots said:
Also, SSBF, your livejournal name is Limelight? Please tell me that's referencing the Rush song.
No, it's not. What song is that anyway?
nLiM8d said:
@SSBFan- undercut me will you? JK, hit me a VM and we'll go from there.
Alright, I will.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna post my roster wishlist again, in case some didn't see it before:

Every character from Melee and Brawl, plus the following newcomers:

- Dixie Kong
- Toon Zelda/Tetra (In batle, press Down+B to transform; like Zelda/Sheik)
- Midna
- Dark Samus (MP2 look; that was cooler)
- Adam Malkovich
- Krystal (w/ staff)
- Plusle & Minun
- Meowth
- Black Shadow
- Ashley (WarioWare Inc.)
- Shantae
- KOS-MOS (from Xenosaga; version 1 appearance)
- Cloud Strife
- Sephiroth
- Megaman

Personally, I don't think that's a bad lineup. There's some uniqueness in there, right?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Quit getting the F out or troll!

Also, what do you guys think of a midair stage that is entirely aerial except for random bits of debris that float up from the massive carnage of internet rage?
There's a hacked stage that's entirely aerial. In theory it sounds fun but think of matches like fox vs jiggs where they fall at very different speeds it's really hard to fight.

@nLim8d
I didn't make a roster but if I dud you could best believe he'd be in it. Most underrated fo sho

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Jeez, I could post a request for Harry Potter in SSBU, and I would still be less of a troll than the poopy-pants little kindergarteners posting generic jokes about manliness.

Anyways, on the subject of balance, how do you guys think Sakurai will handle veterans? There's the possibility that he bases balance off of online results like the crackhead he is, or simply uses the old dartboard method for SSBU while giving Pit and the Kid Icarus newcomer godly movesets, but I think Brawl is enough of an indication that characters who are blatantly -bad-, such as Melee Bowser, will see some improvements, while blatantly -godly- characters, such as Melee Fox, will see some nerfs.

Do you think we'll see this treatment with Ganondorf and Meta Knight, or others, and how so?

EDIT: I love irony jokes, keep it up.

D

Deleted member

@Hoots: Great song, I enjoy it. BTW, I choose Limelight788 mainly because it indicates that I have ideas and I want to share it with the world.
Jeez, I could post a request for Harry Potter in SSBU, and I would still be less of a troll than the poopy-pants little kindergarteners posting generic jokes about manliness.
What's really sad about this is that not only is this true, Smashboards is pretty much one of the few good major sites left that discuss Smash. IGN and GameFAQs really do suck for discussing this. I don't bother with IGN much anymore because of the inactivity and that's it's mostly trolls and as for GameFAQs, it seems as trying to make sense and be logical is putting me and a few others in the minority while the Ridley trolls and the massive amount of troll threads rule the board.
Anyways, on the subject of balance, how do you guys think Sakurai will handle veterans? There's the possibility that he bases balance off of online results like the crackhead he is, or simply uses the old dartboard method for SSBU while giving Pit and the Kid Icarus newcomer godly movesets, but I think Brawl is enough of an indication that characters who are blatantly -bad-, such as Melee Bowser, will see some improvements, while blatantly -godly- characters, such as Melee Fox, will see some nerfs.

Do you think we'll see this treatment with Ganondorf and Meta Knight, or others, and how so?
I think we'll see this treatment given to Ganondorf and Meta-Knight, they need it. Heck, Ganondorf may even receive a sword and an unique move set while he's at it (Which I hope is the case).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom