• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Exactly! All they need to do is tweaks to weak characters, fix some glitches, add some maps, add some different colored outfits and alternate outfits, add some modes, maybe add a few characters, and add an awesome online that would make Melee fans proud! That way, you can know they buying the game! :laugh:
Nonononononononononononononono leave all glitches.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Exactly! All they need to do is tweaks to weak characters, fix some glitches, add some maps, add some different colored outfits and alternate outfits, add some modes, maybe add a few characters, and add an awesome online that would make Melee fans proud! That way, you can know they buying the game! :laugh:
Agreed with everything, but what's in bold, we need that!! :laugh:

That's what made Melee, Melee!! I'm hopeful for something like this someday. :)

Beside, Sakurai needs to make the poll worldwide so that he gets everyone's opinion, which will contribute to a better roster overall.
I agree with this 100%

Sakurai needs to take a worldwide approach and listens to his fans around the globe, it's silly that a character such as Tingle is only popular in Japan and by that, he only considers him, he's forgetting about the fans in the western hemisphere

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Bunch'a silly junk.
I don't even know what you're going on about now. Melee...? Weren't you just talking about DLC?

Plus I don't think you're appreciating the amount of work that goes into that stuff. Adding characters? All the modeling, the animations, having to REBALANCE THE WHOLE ROSTER because of them? Stages? Same thing for characters mostly, debugging, oh, and what's a stage without music? You'd have to get some composers together to make some tracks for it.

DLC doesn't just happen. That is EXACTLY the reason Sakurai didn't like being expected to make sequels. I was trying to point out that DLC is in the same vein as making a sequel (from his perspective) only WORSE. Again, Street Fighter and what not gets away with it because they have teams dedicated to the series. Smash doesn't, and probably won't anytime soon.

It is a MUCH BETTER IDEA to just plan out everything you want in the game from the beginning, DO THAT, and release it. Post-release bug fixes is seriously the most you should be hoping for. I know Nintendo has to prove their online will be on par with Live, but DLC wouldn't even be a priority for that. Gamertags, friends lists, all that STUFF would come before DLC. I mean, I'm pretty sure they've done stuff like DLC before...?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Agreed with everything, but what's in bold, we need that!! :laugh:

That's what made Melee, Melee!! I'm hopeful for something like this someday. :)

I agree with this 100%

Sakurai needs to take a worldwide approach and listens to his fans around the globe, it's silly that a character such as Tingle is only popular in Japan and by that, he only considers him, he's forgetting about the fans in the western hemisphere
Yeah, keep Melee the same minus glitches, maybe add stages that weren’t completed or from SSB64, and buff up the bottom tier characters a bit to make them not seem to terrible.

Also, worldwide polls would be awesome (btw, awesome is the opposite of Tingle; he’s just an annoying homosexual stereotype character).

Nonononononononononononononono leave all glitches.
I meant removing glitches as in the edge glitches on various stages, Mewtwo's lame lack of hitboxes, and maybe Pichu's worthlessness. I didn’t mean removing exploits like wavedashing and L-cancelling. Who would really be against that?

OmegaXXII

This thread needs a cake button
how so? I don't get it :/

Yeah, keep Melee the same minus glitches, maybe add stages that weren’t completed or from SSB64, and buff up the bottom tier characters a bit to make them not seem to terrible.

Also, worldwide polls would be awesome (btw, awesome is the opposite of Tingle; he’s just an annoying homosexual stereotype character).
Exactly like I envisioned it, but like MvC2 fans have to demand it, otherwise Sakurai won't put much effort into doing such a thing, let's hope he does.

As for Tingle, yea...you can pretty much say that alot of people bash at him simply because of his tights which isn't right. :/

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree! :cool:

Exactly like I envisioned it, but like MvC2 fans have to demand it, otherwise Sakurai won't put much effort into doing such a thing, let's hope he does.

As for Tingle, yea...you can pretty much say that alot of people bash at him simply because of his tights which isn't right. :/
Sakurai doesn't need to make it; a team of a couple of people could make it real quick. I wouldn't mind if all they did was get ride of actual glitches (ledges, stage glitches, item glitches) and maybe improved hitboxes and damage done by weak characters like Zelda, Mewtwo, Pichu, G&W, and Ness.

Tingle acts like the homosexual stereotype. Weak, wears tights, cowardly, and lives with men. Plus he's just really an annoying filler character IMO. He has no real purpose other than to be annoying. He would be a waste of a character spot, unless he had a Balloon Fighter moveset (in which I would rather have the actual Balloon Fighter [although I would warmly accept Alice or whatever her name is]).

Plus if Smash starts including minor characters just because of spin-off games, they might as well as Toad, Birdo, Daisy, and Waluigi; smash bros could then legitimately get out of hand ridiculously awful with roster choices.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The cake is a lie.

how so? I don't get it :/

Have you ever played Portal?

On the other hand, Chris, if you're just referring to normal cake and not Portal cake, that's good too.

OmegaXXII

Sakurai doesn't need to make it; a team of a couple of people could make it real quick. I wouldn't mind if all they did was get ride of actual glitches (ledges, stage glitches, item glitches) and maybe improved hitboxes and damage done by weak characters like Zelda, Mewtwo, Pichu, G&W, and Ness.
If you are talking about Sora taking over such a project, I hope they do it right, don't screw with the mechanics at all, just minor hitbox and ledges would be good enough, other than that the base of what was Melee should be left untouched.

Tingle acts like the homosexual stereotype. Weak, wears tights, cowardly, and lives with men. Plus he's just really an annoying filler character IMO. He has no real purpose other than to be annoying. He would be a waste of a character spot, unless he had a Balloon Fighter moveset (in which I would rather have the actual Balloon Fighter [although I would warmly accept Alice or whatever her name is])

Yea man, Tingle is pretty hilarious, but IMO I don't think he's deserving enough, even though he's popular in Japan, i'd much rather get surprised by a WTF! character instead.

Plus if Smash starts including minor characters just because of spin-off games, they might as well as Toad, Birdo, Daisy, and Waluigi; smash bros could then legitimately get out of hand ridiculously awful with roster choices.
I agree EXCEPT with Toad, he is part of the "Big 8" he isn't necessarily a spin-off character even though most of his appearances as a playable character are, he is an exception because he isn't exclusive to spin-off's like Waluigi.

I think you should read this for further convincing. :)

Toad… one of the most iconic characters of the Mario series and a popular group that has been with the series since it’s beginning. Does Toad deserve a playable spot on the roster of a future Super Smash Bros. game? Of course!

First of all, I want to make this clear. I am not a Toad fanboy… I am simply defending Toad, a character that has been shot down by many throughout the years for many dumb, ignorant reasons. It bugs to to see that there are many people who believe that he literally has no chance of appearing at all, or that it is very unlikely compared to other Mario characters. I just want to clear up this misunderstanding.

NOW... why is Toad a perfectly viable (and likely) candidate for a future Super Smash Bros.?

-

First, let us discuss the history of the little Mushroom Retainer, and where he got his fame, popularity, and significance to the series.

Toad first appeared in the first ever Super Mario game Super Mario Bros. on the NES, the game that really kicked off the series toward the fame it claims today. Since this game, Toad has appeared in some way in pretty much every single one of the series' major titles since the very beginning of it's entire existence. That already is a lot more than many other characters from the series can say.

Throughout these games, Toad has taken on the role of the advice-giver, the distressed character in need of saving, and in at least two major Mario titles, Super Mario Bros. 2 for the NES and New Super Mario Bros. Wii for the Wii, he has been playable. Not to mention that he was the star of the NES/SNES puzzle game Wario's Woods. Toad's appears frequently in most of Mario's platformers, and has been especially frequent within the Super Mario Galaxy games, where the Toad Brigade joins Mario on many occasions throughout his adventures.

This doesn't even include the Mario Spin-off titles. Toad has appeared as a playable character in a big chunk of Mario spin-offs, and in a few others, he has taken the role of the game's host in one way or another. Toad is one of the "Mario Big Eight," (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario, Bowser, and Toad), the eight characters that have appeared in the majority of Mario spin-off titles since their beginning, and still appear quite frequently. Notice that Toad is the only character in the "Mario Big Eight" to not be represented in Smash.

Despite Toad's vast popularity, fame, and involvement with the series, many continue to argue that his "small roles" are what is bringing him down. They fail to even consider the idea that having "small roles" won't always hurt a characters chances. Toad may not have some of the biggest, most important roles in the games, but you definitely cannot say he is not important to the series. If you say this, you are ignoring the fact that he has appeared in pretty much every major Mario title and spin-off since the beginning of the series' entire existence. You are ignoring the fact that he has become an iconic character of the series and possibly even of Nintendo in general throughout his history.

It really baffles me how people can say that Fawful is more deserving because he is "more important." I also find find it funny that people who argue in favor of Fawful over Toad use the argument that he is newer and therefore more recognizable among younger fans. They seem to be neglecting the fact that Toad is well-known not only among younger fans, but of anyone who has ever played any major Mario game no matter how old they are. Sure, being newer doesn't hurt, and being the villain of three Mario games is an important role, but is that really important to the series as a whole? Is he iconic? Is he as well-known, familiar, recognizable or popular as Toad? Ask anyone even remotely familiar with Mario who Toad is, they will more than likely know. You can't do the same with Fawful. Imagine the reaction of Toad's removal from the series compared to the reaction of Fawful never returning again...

Another thing that I find strange is when people who support Bowser Jr. shoot down Toad because of his "diminishing, small roles" within the games. What about Bowser Jr.? The only major role he has ever had in any game was in Super Mario Sunshine for the GCN. Since then, he has been nothing but a mini-boss, and a character who occasionally shows up a taunts the player in games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Toad's role has actually grown quite a lot recently... he has had his first playable appearance in any mainstream Mario game since Super Mario Bros. 2 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and has appeared more (plus with a more interesting role) in the Super Mario Galaxy games then in any previous 3D Mario Platformer. Honestly, how can anyone that supports Bowser Jr. bash Toad's "diminishing role?" without blatantly ignoring these facts? Toad has everything he needs. Popularity, fame and importance to the Mario series. Toad was awarded with the "Character who needs his own spin-offs" award both in ign and game daily. His popularity is significantly bigger than Bowser Jr. In the Oricon Poll, Toad was voted to be the 8th most popular character in Japan. He's even more important than Jr. to the series. He was one of the most celebrated characters in the 25th anniversary of Mario. About comparing roles between Jr. and Toad. Why is it that people think Jr. has a bigger role than Toad? You guys know that being important in the series is better than having a big role in the series. Since when was Jr. popular? No one has shown a source about it. Sure I can see it in the discussion but is he more popular than Toad? Toad had the 4th highest number of votes among the Mario reps. Overall in the melee poll, he was 6th highest (Behind Bowser, Peach, Wario, Ganon and Dedede). That's probably the reason why he didn't appear. Wario took the newcomer slot first to him. Well... That's one of the reasons (Sort of). The reason why Diddy got first to Toad is because he has his own series. Since he got a pretty good number of votes, he was in SSBB. He is part of the Mario series but the truth is that he's part of the Donkey Kong series. According to Shortie's poll, Toad was the most requested asides from the 4 mario reps. I don't know if it's important but then again, Toad got the highest amount of votes. One more thing is that Toad had 2 spin-offs where he is the main character "Wario Woods NES and SNES". What does Bowser Jr. have? Nothing. What makes the Oricon poll a huge plus is that it came from Japan.

So, what have we learned so far? Being iconic and significant to a series in general is more important than being important to a small fraction of the series' games. We've also learned that having a small role in any specific game(s) of the series really doesn't matter when compared to the character's overall significance to the series, as well as their popularity and familiarity among all gamers and many non-gamers alike.

-

That last section was the big one. I think I made my point quite clear. Now, on to different subject. One argument in particular that still bugs me is the "generic species" argument.

The argument that Toad is a "generic species" is incredibly ignorant. First of all, we all know this. Toad is a part of a generic species, no one is trying to hide it. The fact is that in this case, it doesn't really matter. Take Yoshi for example. Besides in the Mario Spin-off titles, was there ever just a single Yoshi? No, the player has always controlled a Yoshi. Never THE Yoshi. Yoshi always appears as a generic species, and yet he has his place on the Smash Bros. roster. Why does the idea seem so ridiculous in Toad's case? Honestly, I'd like to know. It really baffles me.

Now just for a second, let's take a look at the Mario Spin-off titles. Obviously, being a part of the "Mario Big Eight," both Yoshi and Toad have appeared in the majority of these titles. When you see Yoshi in Mario Kart, you don't think "Hey, there's a Yoshi," do you? It's always "Hey, there's Yoshi." The same goes for Toad. In the spin-offs, and in games like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods it always seems as if you are playing as THE Toad rather than just any random Toad. This illusion of playing as THE Yoshi or THE Toad rather than a Yoshi or a Toad is what allows them to break free of their "generic species" status when it is appropriate. Having "broken free," Toad is able to appear alone in a game like Smash without being a Toad, but rather THE Toad.

Now, I know someone will argue that, by this logic, Goomba and Koopa are appropriate choices for a future Smash. This is not true... they have appeared in the spin-off titles, but not enough to have "broken free" of generic species status yet. The fact that they appear as generic baddies in large numbers in the majority of Mario games also keeps them within that "generic species" group, unlike Toad and Yoshi.

What have we learned from this? The "generic species" argument is a worthless, ignorant argument against Toad. Don't try it.

-

One final point that I'd like to address is the argument that Toad is an unoriginal, un-unique (is that a word???) character that lacks moveset potential. I find this laughably false.

First of all, Toad is probably one of the most unique Mario characters not represented in Smash. I can't even fathom how Bowser Jr. supporters can use this argument against Toad when Bowser Jr. is basically a mini Bowser. What other major character in the Mario universe resembles Toad? Toad looks like the other Toads? What about Yoshi? You can call the one and only green Yoshi "Yoshi". The same for Toad. You can call the one and only Toad "Toad". Plus, like Yoshi, he's one among the other species.

Second, let's talk about Toad's playstyle and moveset potential. Being a small character, Toad is known for being very quick, but he is also known for seeming to have superhuman strength as seen in Super Mario Bros. 2. Being a small and quick yet strong character is something not seen often, and could present a unique play-style. Now what about his moveset?

Many moves from the games he has been playable in can be looked at in determining this. Notice that in the three games where he appears as a playable protagonist (Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario's Woods, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii), the gameplay involves lifting things and throwing/dropping them. This is one obvious ability that Toad could acquire; lifting and throwing characters. The charged high-jump from Super Mario Bros. 2 is another possibility for a move, a move that would probably be utilized as an Up-B recovery move. In Wario's Woods, Toad is given bombs to throw, another possible move. He could also use the new power-ups found in New Super Mario Bros. Wii as an assortment of abilities, not to mention abilities found in Mario spin-off titles. And don't forget that there are many moves that could be designed specially for Toad without making him seem out of character. With this in mind, plus the fact that there are many different elements throughout the Mario series from which he could borrow his moves, you can't deny that Toad does indeed have moveset potential.

Toad's moveset could be comprised of items and mushrooms with melee attacks. Why is it that people do not allow Toad to use items when Mario, Luigi and Diddy use items? Fire Flower? Banana? Why can't Toad use an Ice flower or the propeller cap? Some people think Toad has nothing new to bring but mushrooms. That is a useless statement. Just like Kirby and Pikachu, he's fast and strong but he has low jumps. He channels his power through mushrooms. There are hardly any characters that use a mushroom as a power. So you're saying Ridley will offer nothing but Tail whipping action?

Some people think that Toad has no personality. No personality!? He's extremely expressive. He laughs a lot, cries a lot, and gets angry. He's a strong but cowardly and he can get mad at times. He's also courageous at times (Proven in Mario Galaxy). Some people think Toad wasn't the Toad in Mario sunshine and in Mario Galaxy. If you check the manuals, the Red Toad is the Toad. The reason for the color of the vest is unknown. It's probably to make it not out of place.

What have we learned here? We know that Toad is an original, unique character that could have a different sort of play-style as well as having good potential for a moveset.

Another thing that annoys me is the fact that people think he won't get in simply because he's a moveset. Haven't I explained this before? This problem is SO EASY to solve. Paletuna is way harder because she can't be confused with another Paletuna or someone else. Toad can be replaced with another Toad. So for all you people who use this excuse, don't try it. It's futile and useless.

Why is it that people say that "Sakurai wouldn't break his back to make Toad". In fact, Toad is the easiest to make since there is a model for him already.

What have we learned here? The moveset excuse is useless. Don't try it.

-

How about a quick recap. What have we learned?
-Being iconic and significant to a series in general is more important than being important to a small fraction of the series' games. We've also learned that having a small role in any specific game(s) of the series really doesn't matter when compared to the character's overall significance to the series, as well as their popularity and familiarity among all gamers and many non-gamers alike
-The "generic species" argument is a worthless, ignorant argument against Toad. Don't try it.
-We know that Toad is an original, unique character that could have a different sort of play-style as well as having good potential for a moveset.
-The moveset excuse is useless. Don't try it.

D

Deleted member

Welp... 47 weeks left until E3 2012...the scary thing is that it'll be here before we know it.
I have to agree. Time surely does fly by when you're having fun. However, since my senior year in school will be tough, I don't imagine myself being very active in this thread at all times after August, but I will try to participate as much as I possibly can.

It feels like just yesterday that I got Brawl.

Edit: Is there anyone we have not talked about in depth yet? Only one I can think of is All-Star mode.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I was looking into Metroid characters today, and while there's none as fitting and deserving as Ridley, the series isn't without interesting and dynamic fighters should Ridley once again be overlooked.

Dark Samus/Metroid Prime: The villain of the Prime series, regarding as some of the best games ever, Dark Samus isn't just a copy, it has it's own abilities and attacks. Regardless of what it's Brawl trophy inappropriately said.

Sylux:
Most popular rival Bounty Hunter.
Adam Malkovich: Although debuting as a main character in the dreadfully awful Other M, Adam is has been mentioned in other games as a significant character in Samus' life.
Omega Metroid: Metroid series has a plyable metroid... makes sense... though if a giant savage boss is gonna be in... why wouldn't it be Ridley.

With the exception of Dark Samus, Ridley is the only one that makes real sense. Others are too small of roles.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have to agree. Time surely does fly by when you're having fun. However, since my senior year in school will be tough, I don't imagine myself being very active in this thread at all times after August, but I will try to participate as much as I possibly can.

Edit: Is there anyone we have not talked about in depth yet? Only one I can think of is All-Star mode.
I hear you man, once August rolls around I'm going to disappear for awhile. Many of my creative projects will be on hiatus. I've spent much of the day trying to figure out how on earth to make these BRSTM files? Bad enough I can't even enjoy them myself.

D

Deleted member

@Barbasol: I really do think that it's either Ridley or bust for new Metroid reps in SSB4. Others on your list are very unlikely and I fear that if Dark Samus is playable, he'll be a semi-clone of Samus due to similar body structure.

Life

Smash Hero
I skimmed the Toad thing and I can't shake the fact that that essay completely ignored what IMO is Toad's biggest issue, that is, that Toad is already present as Peach's neutral B. It doesn't make sense that one character should be able to pull another character out of hammerspace for an attack if the second character is also playable and has its own moveset. Obviously there are ways to circumvent the process (change Peach's moveset, use Toadette), but... idk. It's just awkward.

If Toad were to make it despite being present already, he'd better have that spore attack in his moveset at least.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Barbasol: I really do think that it's either Ridley or bust for new Metroid reps in SSB4. Others on your list are very unlikely and I fear that if Dark Samus is playable, he'll be a semi-clone of Samus due to similar body structure.
'S'he should be, but sadly I know it's true... There are so many powers she possesses that differentiate her from Samus. Heck, she doesn't even run! If you ever played Prime 2 and/or 3 she levitates. Alas, in a perfect world we could have both; Ridley and a non-clone Dark Samus...

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Agreed.

There's not enough long-running characters in the Metroid series. The only one's people know aside from Samus and Ridley are Mother Brain, Dark Samus and mayyyybe Kraid. Dark Samus and Ridley are the only REAL options. Though if Dark Samus didn't make it in Brawl, when Prime was fresh and passed over for Zero-Suit Samus ( bleeeeeugh...). It won't make it.

Sylux is a fan favourite I guess, but one game where he's one of six won't cut it.

@Star

Yeah, the Brawl trophy seemed to go out of it's way to describe Dark Samus as a clone...which was odd and well, wrong.

"A twin image of Samus, encountered near the beginning of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Dark Samus is identical to Samus in every way but color-- she even uses similar attacks. There are many theories on the origin of Dark Samus, but none are proven. Dark Samus uses Phazon for energy and can absorb it to heal damage. Samus encounters Dark Samus a number of times. "

Ergh, why do u lie... Trophy writer... why!?

D

Deleted member

I skimmed the Toad thing and I can't shake the fact that that essay completely ignored what IMO is Toad's biggest issue, that is, that Toad is already present as Peach's neutral B. It doesn't make sense that one character should be able to pull another character out of hammerspace for an attack if the second character is also playable and has its own moveset. Obviously there are ways to circumvent the process (change Peach's moveset, use Toadette), but... idk. It's just awkward.

If Toad were to make it despite being present already, he'd better have that spore attack in his moveset at least.

I'm sure that it'll be easy to switch to Toadsworth/Toadette for Peach's Neutral B, as others have pointed out, but the main problem is not that, but mainly because Sakurai may not be interested in making him playable. Thought with him being among the top two most requested Mario characters (Along with Paper Mario), even thought I consider him the least likely out of the big three Mario candidates (Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. being the other two), he certainly has a shot.

Also, I'm going to make a new essay in a few days. Basically, it's going to talk about Victini and why he has a realistic shot of being in SSB4. I find it shocking that so many people dismiss Victini just because of being a Mew-like Pokemon, which isn't enough to dismiss him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Brawl was announced my senior year of high school and Brawl came out while I was studying in England. It's weird because I look back and see that I'm a completely different person now than I was back then.

Honestly, I probably won't be around much either. I'll be working two jobs and doing graduate school so, if anything, I probably won't be back on until around Christmas.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star

Yeah, the Brawl trophy seemed to go out of it's way to describe Dark Samus as a clone...which was odd and well, wrong.

"A twin image of Samus, encountered near the beginning of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Dark Samus is identical to Samus in every way but color-- she even uses similar attacks. There are many theories on the origin of Dark Samus, but none are proven. Dark Samus uses Phazon for energy and can absorb it to heal damage. Samus encounters Dark Samus a number of times. "

I know right? Seriously, watch these and tell me only color differentiates them?

http://youtu.be/oNSS4VQLktY?t=37s
http://youtu.be/VGfScXpzVbg
http://youtu.be/1FoA05QEnEo

Problem is there are many inconsistencies like Dark Samus'. I think too much responsibility was delegated to one person.

D

Deleted member

Brawl was announced my senior year of high school and Brawl came out while I was studying in England. It's weird because I look back and see that I'm a completely different person now than I was back then.

Honestly, I probably won't be around much either. I'll be working two jobs and doing graduate school so, if anything, I probably won't be back on until around Christmas.
What ironic about this is that SSB4 announced last month and I start my last year of high school late August. Considering that I plan on buying the Wii-U mainly for (But not only) this game and that the series holds a special place that no other franchises has succeeded in getting to, with the fact that anticipations for this game is totally different from others and that this is the only game that goes into such large depth of speculation, I really do think that the next two to four years are going to pretty much change the way I think of not only the Super Smash Bros. series and it's fan base, but video game in general, for better or worse.

It is for these reasons why I am putting all my spending money towards this; because while there are a ton of games I want, SSB4 will be among those very few games that I absolutely must get if it doesn't look to disappoint easily, and even if I found nothing else on the Wii-U to be appealing, this would be enough for me to buy it. That's how important I consider the series to be to me in regards to gaming and the only one where I can comfortably set my expectations incredibly high and realize it can actually be fulfilled.

Either way, I look forward to what happens with the game.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I was looking into Metroid characters today, and while there's none as fitting and deserving as Ridley, the series isn't without interesting and dynamic fighters should Ridley once again be overlooked.

Dark Samus/Metroid Prime: The villain of the Prime series, regarding as some of the best games ever, Dark Samus isn't just a copy, it has it's own abilities and attacks. Regardless of what it's Brawl trophy inappropriately said.
Agreed.

There's not enough long-running characters in the Metroid series. The only one's people know aside from Samus and Ridley are Mother Brain, Dark Samus and mayyyybe Kraid. Dark Samus and Ridley are the only REAL options. Though if Dark Samus didn't make it in Brawl, when Prime was fresh and passed over for Zero-Suit Samus ( bleeeeeugh...). It won't make it.

Sylux is a fan favourite I guess, but one game where he's one of six won't cut it.

@Star

Due to a lack of ability, I cannot respond immediately here or type much more than this short response, but to be honest, I think Metroid deserves three reps at this point, and those characters are obviously Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, and non-clone Dark Samus. Is it likely? No. Should it happen? Yes.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Samus and Zero suit samus are different characters.
Ridley deserves a spot.

That is already three. Arguing that ZSS is not her own character just because she doesn't have a slot is stupid. They are not linked by a down b and each have full move sets. They are separate characters.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What ironic about this is that SSB4 announced last month and I start my last year of high school late August. Considering that I plan on buying the Wii-U mainly for (But not only) this game and that the series holds a special place that no other franchises has succeeded in getting to, with the fact that anticipations for this game is totally different from others and that this is the only game that goes into such large depth of speculation, I really do think that the next two to four years are going to pretty much change the way I think of not only the Super Smash Bros. series and it's fan base, but video game in general, for better or worse.

It is for these reasons why I am putting all my spending money towards this; because while there are a ton of games I want, SSB4 will be among those very few games that I absolutely must get if it doesn't look to disappoint easily, and even if I found nothing else on the Wii-U to be appealing, this would be enough for me to buy it. That's how important I consider the series to be to me in regards to gaming and the only one where I can comfortably set my expectations incredibly high and realize it can actually be fulfilled.

Nintendo has always had a strange way of making me like their games even when it's a genre of game i don't usually go for. I hate racing games, but i love mario kart. From an early age until now i've always been happy for a mario kart match. And it's the same with fighting games. Got into Tekken for a bit but it was never long-lasting. However, SSB 64 i adored, and still do. So yea, if nothing else, i'd have to agree this is the reason i want a wii-u. :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wtf, everyone in here has my color now. Well almost everyone. Lol sorry I haven't been in here today, was practicing the whole day.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

By the time Super Smash Bros. 4 is finished and published I could be a college graduate, be in a career field, and possibly be married?! Crazy. O_O!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Iblis sees one person with a similar colour to him.

Thinks someone's actually going to copy something he did first.

Well damn.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You mean did? Or do?

I did start posting here specifically before the SSBWiiU thread (when it was still the SSB4 thread).
I started posting on smashboards last year.
I do post here when I feel like it.
I do post in general when one of my subscribed threads has something to reply to, or when I generally want to.

lol

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Iblis sees one person with a similar colour to him.

Thinks someone's actually going to copy something he did first.

Well damn.
I wouldn't be talking if I were you. :awesome: *le points at text color*

On subject:Is Shel from Portal 2 a good third party canadit for SSB4?I know her chances are slim to none but she has great moveset potential.
What do you guys think the new Ssb will be called?Super Smash Bros. U(Universe)?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Look at your join date, now back at mine. Now back at yours. Now back at mine. Sadly, your join date is not mine, but it could be if it were about a year earlier.

I was definitely Crimson first :awesome:

inb4 well damn

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As a Ridley supporter, maybe I should campaign for Samus/Zamus to be nerfed (EVEN MORE), and that Dark Samus could only be a clone ever. It's what he would want.

ANYWAY, I was thinking earlier how we're probably not going to be seeing Dark Samus again. She kind of drove the Prime series, yet that was over in '07. She'll be suffering some serious relevancy issues, plus the lack of love Prime gets in Japan. To me, Samus/Zamus, Ridley, and Dark Samus would be the perfect Metroid roster but I'm not so sure that's going to happen. Although I like VARIETY, so it would kind of IRK me that Metroid is made up of three Samuses (Sami?). THOUGH METROID IS ALL ABOUT HER SO I GUESS IT CAN'T BE HELPED.

Also I would love for a Brinstar Depths to come back, as well as a new Tourian stage with Mother Brain in the background~

a-and a Crocomire assist trophy~

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Look at your join date, now back at mine. Now back at yours. Now back at mine. Sadly, your join date is not mine, but it could be if it were about a year earlier.

inb4 well damn
My stars and garters! <- possible 2ndary to well damn. I lol'd at this post though.

Brinstar Depths was dumb as hell and I thought that before I even knew there was such things as competitive video gaming. Too many ways to get ***** for trying to recover.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm sure that it'll be easy to switch to Toadsworth/Toadette for Peach's Neutral B, as others have pointed out, but the main problem is not that, but mainly because Sakurai may not be interested in making him playable. Thought with him being among the top two most requested Mario characters (Along with Paper Mario), even thought I consider him the least likely out of the big three Mario candidates (Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. being the other two), he certainly has a shot.

Also, I'm going to make a new essay in a few days. Basically, it's going to talk about Victini and why he has a realistic shot of being in SSB4. I find it shocking that so many people dismiss Victini just because of being a Mew-like Pokemon, which isn't enough to dismiss him.
Why would they have to change Peach's neutral B? There are many toads and they all look a like. Why can't she just keep using a generic toad and have the retainer chief as playable? I also believe Toad is more likely than paper Mario being the fact he isn't based off of a character already playable in Smash.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration

inb4 well damn
I saw what you quoted there.Im not amused.
Btw,my text is red for future references. :awesome:

On topic:This is the question I want you to answer.What do you think will the new smash's title will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom