• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
:D I look forward to your review then :p

But i agree with you, and as i said in that post where i put up about 30 music links, the 90's were like the golden age of gaming. So many good games!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes they were :razz:

I've always wondered if any of those composers worked for Brawl's music, they have so much style to them it's amazing.

Also I noticed the Chrono Trigger artwork, by any chance is it by Akira Toriyama?

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yea i just checked, i'm pretty sure it is. :D

Chrono Trigger has an amazing story-line, and one of it's most memorable experiences is the kingdom of zeal. The injustice of the people living up there while the earthbound(no pun intended ;) ) live with disease and starving and so on is exemplary story telling. Also, the work they did on Zeal is amazing. It's also a really cool feeling knowing you're in the clouds. With many games you know it's just a game, which takes away that feeling a bit. But there are some games, the rare find, where something like this is given to you in full force. The knowing it's a game doesn't take away from it at all in my opinion.

The music for chrono trigger is beautiful, and i'd drag up the music for the magic kingdom, but i don't want to take away from that experience at all and spoil things for ya. ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, you're off better keeping it to yourself, I don't want to be spoiled as of today, that's why I never check the Wiki.

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ahh... Chrono Trigger...

Sometimes I used to wish this game hadn't been the 1st or 2nd RPG I ever played, because after this, every single RPG looked lame in contrast. :)

It's the best RPG experience I've ever had. And I would love to see anything from it represented in SSB4 (but I know that's extremely unlikely, yeah, even more unlikely than StarTropics thanks to Square-Enix who seem to hate the game).

But any RPG fan who hasn't played Chrono Trigger is like a platformer fan who hasn't played Megaman. Go do it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I've never looked up a game before playing it my whole life, i assumed that's how everyone did it, but i recently found out otherwise.....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This reminded me of the Crono recolors I did last time. :p

Which reminds me...

Seeing how the Wii U controller is now a drawing pad too.... Sakurai should implement a Colorization mode or something, where YOU get to recolor an existing outfit. Make it so the character has 3 slots for custom alternate colors.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Neat dude. I really like it.

Oh yeah i think i'll abandon any hopes of getting anyone to fight me. The arena is empty :/ I guess i'm just that unlucky :p

Ahh i'm going to go listen to the kingdom of zeal music now just for kicks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Heh. Seriously though i'd love to see one of those 'forgotten game' characters in SSB4, like Chrono or the boy from secret of evermore. Too bad it's super unlikely though... :(

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heh. Seriously though i'd love to see one of those 'forgotten game' characters in SSB4, like Chrono or the boy from secret of evermore. Too bad it's super unlikely though... :(
I don't think people have forgotten about Crono. I think every fan of him just... gave up.

Square-Enix is clearly avoiding the franchise like the plague for some reason (probably because it would pwn Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest combined).

It's a shame really... Chrono Trigger is a fine example of how Rpgs (and games in general) should be.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Tut... Final Fantasy used to be so cool. Then came good graphics.... The last one i think i could take would be FFX2. The ones after that got to techy for me.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The reason i said forgotton games is because i never see them mentioned(actually i do see chrono trigger and secret of mana sometimes but never terrangima or secret of evermore.)

Life

Smash Hero
I think Square Enix would want to make a true sequel to Chrono Trigger storywise (as opposed to a FF-style sequel where individual entries are, for the most part, unrelated) and it's hard to fit anything else into the story as it exists now (seriously, look at Chrono Cross). Doesn't mean they shouldn't make a sequel tho.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hmmm, now you have me thinking. How many people actually look up the game they are going to play before they play it?
When I knew nothing about Sin & Punishment. I looked up a video footage, I looked at the comments. I went to Gamefaqs for a general idea of its reception. Then I went looking around random forums where they mentioned the game.

And it convinced me to get it. I haven't regretted buying it, ever. :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Huh. I prefer to know nothing about the game(except the title, and even then i usually stumble on to great games by accident: I found out brawl completely by accident when i mentioned i loved 64 and i thought it was a shame there was never a sequel to one of my current best friends. Whoop, big surprise, there's 2.)before i play it. That way, everything's a complete surprise. But that's interesting...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My leaps of faith are usually terrible choices.

Though out of the last three, two were actually good. (I got Madworld for $5, No More Heroes for $10, and Spyborgs for $5) Spyborgs was the weak link of my last 3 blind choices. Outside of that, all of them have been terrible for me.

I at least watch the footage of the first two stages to see what the game is like.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Ok here's my Contra idea (Snake isn't that Nintendo while Contra is the favorite game NES game of thousands atleast and there have been a few more (subpar mostly) games afterwards on other consoles)

Bill & Lance either as duo team (Like ranged attack focused Ice Climbers) or alternate outfits for same character.

Specials:
B = Spread shot
B+S = Laser shot
B+U = Spiral shot
B+D = Prone Machine Gun burst
Final Smash = "Konami Code" Character gets 30 (or X amount to balance) lives/points/whatever but will instantly die from any damaging hit.

They have melee attacks but they're much weaker. Ranged attacks and jumping is their strong point.

Taunts:
- Death animation and sound
- Eagle dropping from sky on Bill/Lance

Stage ideas (Even just the first NES/Arcade game is full of them):
1. Some sort of variation of the first NES stage. Either solitary jungle platforms surrounded with water or sidescrolling back and forth the entire level. Hazards include running and jumping thugs who hurt and knock players when hitting, marksmen crouching behind pushes and various turrets.

The layout of platforms in that pic isn't half bad either.

2. The corridor of 2nd NES stage. Thugs run through the background shooting towards the screen, a few turrets shooting at the screen as well and occassionally boulders roll towards the screen and play area. Might change rooms and settings every now and then. The final boss room could be a fun area too.

3. The mountains of 3rd NES stage. Climb higher as the screen scrolls up, avoid falling boulders and the occassional thug running or shooting at players. At the top there's the boss building monster swinging hands and shooting fireballs.

4. Atleast the snow stage could be fun as well with mortars falling from the sky.
But no matter the stage there is only 1 music theme for it - the 1st stage one.
Here is a video(s) showing all stages in case someone happens to now know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMyoNhGHbk

To tell the truth playable Contra character isn't that important but I'd love to pit Mario, Samus, Link and DK on some familiar Contra stage with the music and enemies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok, i'm off to play Brawl with my brother for a bit and get stickers... Maybe i'll even get out the SNES.... You all have fun discussin'! Bye! *waves*

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Any music from SMW2:YI and SF is instant win in my book. As for Square Enix tunes, here are my favorites.

Final Fantasy IV - Boss Theme

Known affectionately to me as "the Culex song", how can you not like this? The base line is constantly pumping and keeps you on your toes. Definitely one of Uematsu's best battle tracks in my opinion.

Secret of Mana - Into The Thick of It

Wow, I remember playing this game on the SNES. So many childhood memories. This was a wonderful game to play through, the music really adds to this game. Even though they were reused many times ingame it didn't matter because it was another opportunity to listen to these beautiful masterpieces.

Secret of Evermore - Greek Temple

By far one of the most underrated RPG's on the SNES. This game had such an atmosphere to it, it really captured the lonely trek of a boy and his dog through time. The panning, echoed flutes give me goosebumps.

Chrono Trigger - World Revolution

The quintessential RPG experience on the SNES. There are no shortage of great tunes from this game, but this stands out as my favorite. Epic conclusion to an epic game.

Dragon Quest V - Tower of Death

Another great RPG for the SNES, and one of the best in the series. This song is just hauntingly beautiful. That's all I can say.

Saga Frontier II - Todfiend (PLEASE listen to this!)

One of the best soundtracks for the PSX no one heard. This OST was composed by the now successor to the Final Fantasy musical guru. Some of his latest offerings pale in comparison to his previous work. I love this game...

Legend of Mana - Fiery Castle

Not as close to it's predecessor as some would have liked, there is no denying this wasn't it's own game. Yoko Shimomura's best work aside from Kingdom Hearts, though it is debatable if this game is her best work or not. In my opinion it is, much more varied and intense in this title versus Kingdom Hearts.

Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved

Can't talk about Shimomura and Kingdom Hearts and not mention this song. It is lovely and with each game captures a different emotion. It is no wonder this song is now one of the most iconic video game tracks.

Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss

Yes yes we all know about "Beware The Forest Mushrooms". But the song is sadly much like it's puppet counterpart, a tad over used. There were plenty of great tracks from this game and this is and was one of my favorites. Somehow the intro beat still reminds me of the opening to "Girls on Film" by Duran Duran... Strange...

Breath of Fire III - Everyday Battle

What is that you say? This is Capcom's and not Square's? Well Square published the original title overseas so there! I'll use any excuse to be able to post a song from one of my favorite RPG's!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ok here's my Contra idea (Snake isn't that Nintendo while Contra is the favorite game NES game of thousands atleast and there have been a few more (subpar mostly) games afterwards on other consoles)

Wow, that's a really nice idea!

I'm not sure why you say Contra isn't as iconic. It's WAY too iconic if you ask me. Who hasn't played contra? And to me, Contra is just as important as Zelda, Metroid, or any other popular video game franchise out there.

Your moveset is pretty cool. I'd only change his UP+B perhaps for.... I don't know... a MISSILE. XD Yeah, Bill would hang on to a rising missile because he's that manly. The missile is very strong with high probability to KO. Rises REALLY fast so you have to let go in time, or you might accidentally KO yourself. :p

The rest of the moveset is pretty cool!

Oh, and I also kinda disagree with Bill and Lance being a team. :p
Think about it.. Both shoot projectiles. One would be troublesome enough, TWO projectile users for the price of one would be overkill.

Other than that, great everything. Contra rules.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Dearly Beloved is such a simple but amazing tune. I play it all the time on the Xylophone at school, everyone loves it even if they don't know where it is from.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure why you say Contra isn't as iconic. It's WAY too iconic if you ask me. Who hasn't played contra?

I'd only change his UP+B perhaps for.... I don't know... a MISSILE.

Oh, and I also kinda disagree with Bill and Lance being a team. :p
Think about it.. Both shoot projectiles. One would be troublesome enough, TWO projectile users for the price of one would be overkill.
I said that? I just think Snake is nowadays more fleshed out character with better recent games. MGS4 got pretty much 10/10 across the board while last Contra probably got 3/10. Plus not that many know the names of Contra dudes

I just thought spiral shot has the best chances of hitting anything in air out of the classic weapon types other than spread shot. Sure there's room to change.

They could be balanced. 1 character doesnt do anything unless the other dies or they use different weapons or they only do half the damage they would do alone. But they never really teamed up like Ice Climbers or DK/Diddy/Dixie when playing single so having Bill and Lance seperate is just as logical as Mario and Luigi

Edit: But yea I believe Contra deserves some acknowledgement (especially when they now have a deal with Konami). It's just as big 3rd party series as Megaman or Bomberman or Ninja Gaiden on S/NES and now Virtual Console

Edit: What is Contra? Really? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_(series). Found even shorter short history of the real deal Speedrun

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Because there is no way to distinguish between the retainer chief and a generic Toad in appearance. Plus we probably won't know whenever or not if the retainer chief Toad is playable or a generic Toad. It's like saying Pikachu's is the one from Red when there's no way to prove it.

Also, please tell me why being based off a characters hurts ones chances. Dr. Mario got in Melee so that opens up room for an unique Mario rep. A variation of a character can still be unique.We don't know how long it'll be before SSB4 comes out. I don't think they've set anything yet.
Sorry I didn't get to respond sooner. I fell asleep.

I don't see why they have to distinguish them since Mario doesn't. If the players has a problem with it then they can just choose another colored Toad.

Also we saw what happen to Dr. Mario in Brawl. I'm not sure but didn't they add him as a last minute character in order to fill the roster? I find it's pointless to add different versions of the same character and I would say it's even worst then clones. But you're right that Paper Mario does have a chance in being in SSB4 but I feel it's a wasted character when you look at all the other potential character (Or just looking at Mario).

On the Contra discussion you do know they are still making Contra games. Most of them are on the playstation though. I think in the current story Bill is still alive but he killed Lance because he was a double agent.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
On the Contra discussion you do know they are still making Contra games. Most of them are on the playstation though. I think in the current story Bill is still alive but he killed Lance because he was a double agent.
The last contra games, as far as I know, have been.

-Contra 4 (NDS)
-Contra: Rebyrth (Wii)
-Hard Corps Rising (PS3)

The rest are almost a decade old, and older.

The last one, being a Contra game, doesn't have the word "Contra" in it anywhere. It doesn't even have any original Contra characters, as far as I know.

Meh... I would've loved to see other Konami characters before Snake, such as Simon Belmont, Bill Rizer or even Goemon.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Meh... I would've loved to see other Konami characters before Snake, such as Simon Belmont, Bill Rizer or even Goemon.
This is why I was suggesting for changing the rep, though I'm not sure anyone Sega can compete with Sonic. Well I'd still put Tails in this time for change. Change Snake to Simon or Bill/Lance. And add the 2 new ones (Megaman and Hayabusa if I decide)

Yea atleast half of the games on that Wikipedia page are ones I haven't ever heard about. The others have been panned to ground and below.

D

Deleted member

Because I'm waiting for Paper Mario 3DS to come out. But I've considered going ahead and finishing one idea now and just doing an alternate when the game actually sees release.

Right now I cannot decide if I want to go with a Paper Mario, Tetris, or Ocarina of Time stage?
I think you should go ahead and do a Paper Mario stage.
I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but what about Shadow and Amy from Sonic? They could fit into the story mode: There's a portion where you play as Sonic, and you have to save Amy from Shadow, then they become playable. Amy could be fast, but not as fast as Sonic, with stronger attacks involving her hammer. Shadow would probably be a clone of Sonic, though. Just an idea.
No. Only Sonic character I want to see in SSB4 is Tails and even so, I have no qualms not having Tails in Smash. Sonic by himself is enough.
The worst thing is that judging by that interview, he didn't even consider Ridley as playable.
FML
I think it's safe to say that Sakurai is at least considering Ridley's inclusion this time around.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
As a Ridley supporter, maybe I should campaign for Samus/Zamus to be nerfed (EVEN MORE), and that Dark Samus could only be a clone ever. It's what he would want.

ANYWAY, I was thinking earlier how we're probably not going to be seeing Dark Samus again. She kind of drove the Prime series, yet that was over in '07. She'll be suffering some serious relevancy issues, plus the lack of love Prime gets in Japan. To me, Samus/Zamus, Ridley, and Dark Samus would be the perfect Metroid roster but I'm not so sure that's going to happen. Although I like VARIETY, so it would kind of IRK me that Metroid is made up of three Samuses (Sami?). THOUGH METROID IS ALL ABOUT HER SO I GUESS IT CAN'T BE HELPED.

Also I would love for a Brinstar Depths to come back, as well as a new Tourian stage with Mother Brain in the background~

a-and a Crocomire assist trophy~
Sadly, I don't see Dark Samus as too likely either. Unless Retro Studios announces a new Metroid game (any type of Metroid game would do) and Sakurai and his team acknowledge that Dark Samus is more than just a copy of Samus, Dark Samus is unlikely at best. The unpopularity of his sub-series in Japan doesn't help either.

Samus and Zero suit samus are different characters.
Ridley deserves a spot.

That is already three. Arguing that ZSS is not her own character just because she doesn't have a slot is stupid. They are not linked by a down b and each have full move sets. They are separate characters.
Alright, you made your point. As long as Ridley makes it in and the Star Fox series doesn't get a new rep, Metroid will be complete rep-wise.
(If Star Fox gets Krystal, though, Metroid better get Dark Samus and Kirby better get some other character)
I'd prefer Dark Samus over ZS Samus any day, though.

Of course it was. But it had Kraid. And if we get Ridley, I'd like to have the original boss trifecta in some fashion. KRAID AND MOTHER BRAIN MAKE FOR GOOD STAGES. But then I would also want a Norfair stage for Ridley since that is always his PAD.

I dunno, I guess a new Tourian stage, with Norfair as one of the past Brawl stages, and Brinstar Depths as one of the Melee past stages could work out?

Maybe they could tweak Depths a bit to make it not suck as much? :I

I know it's the Metroid Prime, but it looks like Samus and it's called Samus so it feels like ANOTHER SAMUS. I know it has loads of moveset potential though. :I Also I didn't mean the death of Dark Samus meant anything. Prime is over, that's what I meant. So Dark Samus's home will forever be the span from 2001 to 2007. Maybe she'll find a way out. Maybe.
How about Skytown from Metroid Prime 3 as a stage? That location has tons of potential for a cool stage. StarPhoenix even made a Skytown stage in his stage conception thread.

All this music talk reminded me of this idea I had where Mew dropped specific "Legendary CD's" instead of just ones you didn't already have, they would be songs that were more serene, intense, important, or just epic than other songs. I have a list somewhere, let me go find it and I'll edit it in or post it

EDIT: Here it is

"]Beware the Forest Mushrooms - Mario Bros.
Aquatic Ambience - Donkey Kong
Ocarina Medley - The Legend of Zelda
SR388 - Metroid
Eight Melodies ~Vocal~ - MOTHER
Devil's Call In Your Heart - F-ZERO
Music Box - Yoshi
Milky Way Wishes Credits - Kirby
Meteor - Star Fox
Mewtwo Battle - Pokemon
Sweet Sweet Sweet - Sonic the Hedgehog
Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday - Metal Gear

Obvious pattern is obvious :p Feel free to recommend better songs for Metroid and Star Fox, I really don't remember much from them as those series don't do much for me, or recommend anything really. I am also truly surprised that Sweet Sweet Sweet wasn't in Brawl
Interesting idea. Hiding away the "best" or most unique of the songs from each franchise as unique CDs with very low chances of finding.

Ok, I’ve decided to finally do that music post this computer messed up on last time. I used word so I could save it every so often XD. Anyway, I just wanted to show you a bit of the music I really loved and grew up with andsome of it that I want to be in SSB4(some of it is already in brawl ^^ )

[COLLAPSE=Luco's Music Choices]Map Music
Yoshi’s island is simply an awesome game, and this is a great piece of music. A revolutionary thing at the time, yoshi’s island made it so as you went through the game the map music changed, and built up with multiple layers until the final world.

Story Music Box
I love how the story music box is just slightly out of tune, but it still sounds as beautiful. :D

Final Battle
Ok, for those of you who haven’t played yoshi’s island, firstly I frown on you(j/ks). Secondly, here’s how the jig works. You first storm in to Bowser’s castle, and after choosing the way to get to baby bowser and having multiple encounters with his henchmen, you finally come to a sleeping bowser, who wakes up and decides he doesn’t like you(also he wants Mario), so you two have a lovely little fight where you have to dodge his ground pounding(yes this is where that move comes from for bowser) which causes a small shockwave. After making your own shockwaves you beat baby bowser. Kamek then comes back and exclaims at his wounded master. He gets quite angry, and then uses his magic colourful dust to turn bowser in to the monster you see in the pic in the link. In doing so bowser ruins his own castle, leaving only a few bits of ruin for you to stand on. Then comes the final fight. Bowser himself has very few moves, pretty much throwing rocks at you to wipe away the last bits of castle you stand on, but for the most part he’s slowly coming towards you, getting bigger and bigger, and the only way to keep him back is to shoot eggs at his open mouth. This is why I’ve been scared of him from childhood. Towards the end of the battle, bowser loses it completely, and comes at you full pace, never stopping, and it takes all you can to survive. Yea, I’m still scared of the thought of that monster taking up everything, leaving nothing, void, darkness…. Black… ugh….

But yea he’s awesome and the music’s awesome. ;)

Castle & Fortress
This music has an interesting mood to it, and it’s fun to play to this music when you’re trying to reach a boss ;)

Athletic
Ok this is definitely one of my favourite bits of music of all time. It’s upbeat, it’s ready to go, it’s just generally happy, and really, really, catchy. Original all the way!(although brawl version was good too!)

Flower Garden
Another one of my favourites, and again, upbeat, happy, and really rhythmic and beaty(is that a word?)

Story title
I love how they added the sounds of the sea to this one, and the first part kind of reminds me of call and response (until it’s as if the second person learnt it all and plays it in the second part)

Ok, moving away from Yoshi’s island before I get carried away, I have a few from SMW:

Ok, DKC a bit:

Fear Factory
Fear Factory was pretty intense, and it’s coupled level(also a factory lvl) gave me chills whenever the lights went off. I love it when the music suits the level!

Mine Cart Madness
Mine Cart madness was redone in DKCR, but that version was nowhere near as good.

Snow Mountain
I have memories of going through the thickening snow here. The team did an amazing job on the level, and I think some of you will remember a cheat that just about bypasses half of the level if you deliberately mis-shoot in one of the battles.

Haunted Hall
Haunted Hall was an epic lvl, and so was the music. I was always creeped out by the ghosts that would kill you if you didn’t make it to the checkpoint on time…

Ok there were only a few from DKCR that made it in to my like list, but the ones that did are the ones I love:

Rocket Barrel 1
Here’s number 1 of rocket barrel music. It was really fun to be, say, chased by a Giant bat to this music:”Yes, I love you to but I really need to concent- Aww!” Cue fall music!

Rocket Barrel 2
This is number 2. This, I remember, plays for getting to the final boss, and it’s quite hard, with thigs clamping down on you, and airships that drop things trying to kill you. Fun! Fun!

Fear Factory(DKCR)
Yea I have to admit I liked this version of F.F. too.

Savoury Stu
Yea I got real freaked when stu started dropping big bombs on me. Ooooohhhh….

The Mole Train
Another boss- The Mole train. Really cool effects for this one, and the level was awesome.

Ok Starfox:

Corneria
The 90’s were the golden age of videogames and star fox was another legendary game of the era. Everyone in it spoke strange language, translated only by the com, and one had to brave the dangers to defeat andross. Corneria was your starting point in all 3 ways, but who could resist going through it with red sky?

Space Armada
Slippy actually wants to turn back in this one…. But anyway, this was epic, and I don’t know why people actually WANTED to miss the parts where you went through ships.

Fortuna
I found this level really funky and the music was groovy too!

Ok you should listen to some of the other songs for these. The last 2 songs I’ll leave you with are these:

The day the world revived
The day the world revived. Really slow and beautiful.

Crysta
Crysta is the first town in Terranigma, a game which I recommend to all of you, especially if you like chrono trigger. I dunno, these two games just seem a bit like brother and sister to me. ^^

Oh ok, one more!

Sadness(remastered)
This is a remastered version, but it’s one of the best remastered versions of a song I’ve ever heard, so I’ve put it up here for you to hear. Terrangima did some wonderful tunes…

A continent is born
I whistle this tune over and over whenever it’s in my head, and often I’ll add bits here and there, but the essence of the song stays the same. It’s a beautiful tune, even if it only lasts like 20 seconds.[/COLLAPSE]

Ok, those are the songs I grew up with, and I think you should hear them too just to see which ones you like. I’ll post a Secret of Evermore one somewhere in there as well just for you star :p

Enjoy!
:)
Thank you for posting the Yoshi's Island tunes as well Fear Factory. They all bring back such great nostalgic memories. I also liked the DKCR remix of Fear Factory - possibly more than the original.

Lets have some more musical fun my dearies. I'm going to post the top 10 songs that MUST be in the next game! No "if", "ands", or "buts" about it. These are required and not optional under any circumstance!

[COLLAPSE=StarPhoenix's Music Choices]1: Link's Awakening - Ballad of the Windfish (Yay Willrock! By far my favorite OCremix artist, because synthrock is the best!)

Make no mistake, I get the original song is a little slow compared to some of the more intense songs. But I'm not requesting the original, I want my remix! Sakurai has teased us all with lingering fragments of data indicating this song was intended to be placed in the game, but removed for whatever reason. Tough it out next time unknown arranger and give us the goods!

2: Paper Mario - E v e r y S o n g !

Did I really just link every letter with an individual video link? You're darn right I did! Having not had any music from this series is a travesty. You hear me a TRAVESTY!? At this point Paper Mario has become one of the premier Mario brands and will likely stay that way as long as the quality remains. The music is an aspect of that quality, spawning many memorable tunes.

3: Kirby Super Star - Orange Ocean

Heh, kind of surprised Sakurai missed such a gem from his own series. Not sure how that happened but it certainly was a miss not to include it. Would have actually, you know, compliment Halberd...

4: Mario Paint - BGM 1/Gnat Attack
(here are the WarioWare Touched versions of BGM1)

How on earth was ANYTHING from this game not selected? Out of many obscure games this one has by far the catchiest music. These tracks could have easily fit either Flat Zone 2 or Pictochat.

5: Pokémon Red and Blue - Vs. Kanto Champion (Rival)

Poor Blue/Gary (whichever the preference), his song got passed up while we have 3-4 remixes of the same Pokémon tune. There is more to Pokémon than just the main theme Sakurai!

6: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - Crocodile Cacophony

Technically you could say many songs from this game must be in the next game, being the highlight soundtrack from the Donkey Kong Country series. This song in particular just carries that nasty, nitty gritty feel to it. The kind of song that suits a certain reptile...

7: Super Smash Bros. - Metal Mario

Hmmm... You bring back songs from the previous game but fail to highlight one of the best original tracks from the 64 title? Strange... Then again many decisions were strange...

8: The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - Hyrule Castle (listen to this orchestrated version and weep)

Was there a REASON this song WASN'T in Brawl? I understand there wasn't a castle but c'mon! This is one of the most legendary tunes from the entire series and it was nowhere to be found. Surely in some country this is a crime worthy of prison time?

9: Earthbound - Porky Means Business

Yeah it is a little over requested at times, but you can't knock the transition between chiptune melody to melt your face off metal. Pokey states in the game Giygas is so terrifying that he wet his pants, it's a lie. He wet them because he got an awesome battle tune and he knows it.

10: Sin and Punishment - Blood Infactor

This song shares a similar genre with "Marionation Gear". It is kind of that funky jazz fusion sound. The bassline is sick and gives a great atmosphere which screams "yeah there is a giant blood monster in front of me, so what?" Those who played the game will know what I mean...[/COLLAPSE]
Yet more awesome music choices. I have to add COLLAPSE tags around your music selections just to preserve them as much as possible in my post without making a wall of words!

Sorry I didn't get to respond sooner. I fell asleep.

I don't see why they have to distinguish them since Mario doesn't. If the players has a problem with it then they can just choose another colored Toad.

Also we saw what happen to Dr. Mario in Brawl. I'm not sure but didn't they add him as a last minute character in order to fill the roster? I find it's pointless to add different versions of the same character and I would say it's even worst then clones. But you're right that Paper Mario does have a chance in being in SSB4 but I feel it's a wasted character when you look at all the other potential character (Or just looking at Mario).

All of the clone characters in Melee except Luigi were added in only to buff the roster in the last few months. Pichu was meant to be a joke character (sorry, I don't get it, Sakurai =/); Roy was added only to promote his upcoming FE game at the time; Ganondorf only barely made it in when they found his body design could be matched to Captain Falcon's; Young Link was added because Sakurai feels it's important to have both an older and younger Link in Smash Bros.; and Falco and Dr. Mario were just plain filler material, I believe.

Anyways, I'm mostly done with my SSB4 script. I've managed to feature 53 SSB4 candidate characters in my script - and I still have to add in the individual fight scenes during the "more epic" part of the cinematic as well as more specific time cues for the separate scenes and music.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Polls show Favorite 4 Sonic Characters are in this order.
1st - Sonic
2nd - Shadow
3rd - Tails
4th - Knuckles

Look it up on a Sega site.

Also Shadow got AT status while Tails was supposedly scrapped from AT status?

D

Deleted member

You said yourself that the retainer chief should be playable and then ask why they couldn't use just a generic Toad. I said because they looked too similar. If Nintendo wishes to specify the playable Toad as being the retainer chief instead of a generic character, they must put in Toadsworth or Toadette in place of Toad.

That's true but the difference between Dr. Mario and Paper Mario is that Dr. Mario was a full-fledge clone of Mario added at the last minute and IIRC, did not make the poll. Paper Mario would almost certainly be very unique in move set potentials, would represent the Mario RPG series, and is among the two most requested Mario characters in Japan (The other being Toad). Since he's relevant and important to the Mario series, if Sakurai refuses to make Toad playable and if he doesn't listen to worldwide popularity (Most people want Bowser Jr. outside Japan), due to his popularity, he'll probably be included.
nLiM8d said:
That fella can burn in a pit of flames, I want Tails as an AT!
I want Tails as an Assist Trophy too. Would expand on Sega's involvement in Smash without going too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom