• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
To be completely honest. I would be mad if Shadow made it into one of those games. I can already picture them making Shadow a werehog too...and then the way colors was set up doesn't fit Shadow LOL. Picture Shadow running around with some alien things with sparkles and everything.

LOL

It's bad enough they made Shadow the Black Knight. Anyways, if Shadow isn't in Gen that would be completely stupid. They are going to go through memory lane and have City Escape reappear but then take out the character that became their second favorite in their Mascot Game. Sega has made some bad Sonic games recently but I don't think they would make bad character decisions...wait now I'm kind of worried. The Werehog was a bad decision.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Javacroc, what Kirby character would possibly merit inclusion other than the 3 we have. The thing about Starfox games is that is one of the ONLY franchises that HAS CHARACTERS WITH PERSONALITIES! As "unfair" as it may seem to you, every single Starfox character is more iconic and well known than Dark Samus or Knuckle Joe or whoever else. It's just the nature of character driven games. Or, if you REALLY want another Kirby rep, I suppose I could concede to Gay Snail's inclusion.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why would we put another Kirby rep in? They would be reaching down the bottom of the well if they pulled out Waddle Dee or if they pulled out Marx wouldn't that seem a little bit too similar to Ridley?

I would think we would get a new Kid Icarus rep before another Kirby rep. Another Mario rep, another Pokemon rep, another FE rep, etc.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@LiM8d: I couldn't care less about Silver but how does Shadow's powers don't make sense? The power to control time and space? If you want to argue semantics I could say how fast Sonic runs doesn't make any sense or, how he could make a sonic wind without be no where near it and just making it by a single hand motion.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You can't define a main characters genre and then call the person to have no personality.

Between Kirby and Waddle Dee, which shows more personality? That's what Hoots means.

@Above Post: Shadow doesn't even use PSI...LOL

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He does not use PSI, just similar something! If you have not noticed, the Sega copied it from Nintendo!
Please, tell me how or link some type of source stating so. LOL now you pulling things out your ***.

@Iblis- dude, his creation is the thing that baffles me,the point in which I can only believe resemblance was the inspiration(for marketing purposes). I mean, even his creation in a canonical sense is whack. But then again, Sonic is pretty whack too, at least Jazz Jackrabbit makes sense in the speed aspect. That winding bit makes for pretty smooth gameplay no doubt

Did I sound sarcastic? I was actually noting Hoots's point
Everyone is whack so it cancels out :awesome:

Yeah you did sound sarcastic.

EDIT: Good **** Smashboards you went from 502 error to Database error -__- LOL

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
All right, here's my wishlist:

Every character from Melee and Brawl, plus the following newcomers:

- Dixie Kong
- Toon Zelda/Tetra (In batle, press Down+B to transform; like Zelda/Sheik)
- Midna
- Dark Samus (MP2 look; that was cooler)
- Adam Malkovich
- Krystal (w/ staff)
- Plusle & Minun
- Meowth
- Black Shadow
- Ashley (WarioWare Inc.)
- Shantae
- KOS-MOS (from Xenosaga; version 1 appearance)
- Cloud Strife
- Sephiroth
- Megaman

Personally, I don't think that's a bad lineup. There's some uniqueness in there, right?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He does not use PSI, just similar something! If you have not noticed, the Sega copied it from Nintendo!
If anything the Choas Emeralds resemble a Dragonball, to further back this claim Super and Hyper Sonic are homages to the Anime, Dragonball Z. When did Nintendo own Funimation/Shonnen Jump? If that is the case then you are right.

Was this aimed at me? I'm not sure what you're trying to discern there.
It doesn't matter it was a misunderstanding between us LOL

@Roster: Inb4Cloudhate

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I know many people will argue, disagree, criticize, insult and even this post, but I have proof of what I speak. The charismatic Sega's blue hedgehog, since it was invented, walks copying Nintendo. Not only the super Mario, the guys who created the Sonic were smart to copy several other things without Mario, but has several things that copies of Sonic Mario. For example: Sonic 1 (1991) and Super Mario Bros. 3 (1989) is the same thing! Only the characters change and that Sonic does not choose a stage (stage No Sonic chooses) in a Sonic just runs and jumps on enemies, to turn the Circle, Sonic had to have the momentum of a hill or a huge speed . and she was quite limited. In Super Mario Bros 3 Mario runs, jumps on enemies, flies, breathe fire, turns a stone statue to be untouchable, is the star to invincible, nothing, and with the aid of a hill gives Mario a scrub that leaves killing all enemies along the way, equal to the sonic ball, only what came before. to walk up walls and do that loop and unnecessary spending your time, Sonic has the help of a slide thing, In Super Mario World Mario uses a slide thing to walk on the walls, and looks that can not keep the sonic speed while walking on the wall, and Mario can not only maintain but increase the speed on the walls. The movement of Helicopter Tail Tails is a copy of the imminent movement of the helicopter tail powerup Raccoon Mario (Super Mario Bros. 3). The Amy's Hammer is a copy of Mario in Donkey Kong Arcade Hammer, which evolved over time. The skills of 4th dimension of Shadow is a copy of the powers PSI EarthBound, Ninten of EarthBound Zero can use the 4th dimension and PK teleport to control time and space to escape dangerous battles, disappearing from one place and reappear in another, and even Very fast running equal to sonic! The Sonic 3 & knucles is a copy of Star Wars (Never mind that Star Wars is not from Nintendo but Sega could not copy a movie so classic and good!) Why has the sonics robots that resemble Darth Vader hell, they are built on the space station Death Egg (Death Star in Star Wars) led by Dr. Eggman, the station orbiting the planet Mobius sanctuary (sanctuary moon of Endor, Star Wars). The strongest of the robots destroyed the Death Egg Sonic and began to fight for their own power and to kill Sonic's friends (not acting as a Sith?) The Knucles is a copy of Spiderman (What is not Nintendo's) but me thinks: he climbs walls, leaps from one wall to another, just do not loose webs. Note that when the dies sonic games, he makes a face like that of Mario when he dies. The 7 Chaos Emeralds are a copy of the eight fragments of the Triforce of Courage The Legend of Zelda Each one increases the power of a link with the bit until he can defeat Ganon 8, In every Sonic Emerald slightly increases the power to the sonic that with the seven he can defeat Mecha Sonic and Egg Man and the Master Emerald is a complete copy of the Triforce.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah before you posted that you could have formatted it better. LOL

Also that looks like pure speculation. Mind showing me the link? Is this source even reliable?

Yep that's speculation, first rule of persuasion, never speak or give evidence using your thoughts or speak in the first person. "Me thinks" LOL copying Star Wars. Nahhh dog, going to have to get something better than that.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Roster: Inb4Cloudhate

Damn, I was just about to hate on Cloud

OK, you guys hate the idea of Cloud and Sephiroth.

What about the rest of them...?

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Yeah before you posted that you could have formatted it better. LOL

Also that looks like pure speculation. Mind showing me the link? Is this source even reliable?
Is Speculation, You need not believe the truth if you want, but just think ... Copy, Homage or coincidence?? I and many people think is a tribute to Nintendo and other brands do not make claims about anything, is too obvious to be coincidence,It's copy!

By the way, you do not mind using the google translator!

http://nintendolandia.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/sonic-copia-alem-da-nintendo/

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"Knuckles is just a rip-off of Spider-Man, he's just missing Spider-Man's trademark features! And it's just like Mario 3, only Sonic doesn't fly when he jump while dashing and has gameplay Mario doesn't! Also Shadow uses telekinesis, which MOTHER totally invented and was the first piece of fiction to have characters like that. Oh, and Sonic dies, just like Mario does!!!!"

Sounds like butthurt Nintendo obsessed nostalgia

EDIT: After seeing the link you posted, butthurt Nintendo obsessed nostalgia confirmed, and for your question, coincidence

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
^^^ EXACTLY. It says they copied from Star Wars yo!! LOL, and then you admit it's speculation. That is not reliable, I can't believe you would try to use something like that as a support to your point.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
"Knuckles is just a rip-off of Spider-Man, he's just missing Spider-Man's trademark features! And it's just like Mario 3, only Sonic doesn't fly when he jump while dashing and has gameplay Mario doesn't! Also Shadow uses telekinesis, which MOTHER totally invented and was the first piece of fiction to have characters like that. Oh, and Sonic dies, just like Mario does!!!!"

Sounds like butthurt Nintendo obsessed nostalgia

EDIT: After seeing the link you posted, butthurt Nintendo obsessed nostalgia confirmed, and for your question, coincidence
But we have to admit that would be too coincidental, especially the part of the triforce! Oh, I also found it a bit nostalgic!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Matthew Movest

@S.Poke- do you have any more ideas regarding Golden Sun?
I have this moveset!

Matthew Moveset:

Statistics:

Speed ​​Equivalent DK
Jump Equivalent Bowser
Equivalent Force Marth
Weight Equivalent to Link

Neutrals:

A: Punch.
AA: Punch with your other hand.
AAA: Kick.
Side Smash A: Attack cross with an ax.
Up Smash A: Four Courts up with the Light Blade.
Down Smash A: Three small explosions on the ground.

'A' in Air: Attack with both arms.
'Side A' in Air: Meteor Smash.
'Other Side' A 'in Air: Punch without looking back.
'Up A' in Air: Punch up.
'Down A' in Air: Kick down.

Looking up 'A': Punch powered up.
Walking 'A': Small explosion on the ground forward.
Running 'A': Roundhouse.
Kneeling 'A': Small explosion on the ground.

Specials:

Standard B: Spire - A Clay column appears with force - equivalent to the Falcon Punch however faster.
Side B: Growth - Plants with poisonous spines appear and shake the opponent.
Down B: Ragnarok - an energy sword appears with force - so slow and strong as the Warlock Punch.
Up B: A floating rock appears and stands up. As effective as the 'Up B' Snake.
Final Smash: Earthquake - Similar to the Olimar Final Smash, nobody escapes the damage, but in the end, only fly those who are close to Matthew.

Taunts:

Up: raise small stones and say, I feel connected with Venus
Down: Take the sword from the sheath and then save again.
Side: It would do some type of pose and say: Do you feel humiliated?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...why do you continue on after you been proven wrong?

7 Emerald, 7 Dragonballs...do you really want play the game of "Find similarities of everything that I want to believe is true"

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
How did I miss this

"The Amy's Hammer is a copy of Mario in Donkey Kong Arcade Hammer, which evolved over time."

REEEEAAALY stretching there.

Did other collectibles required to beat a game rip off the Triforce? And if not, what makes the Chaos Emerald rip off (if it rips off anything it rips off Dragon Ball, which in turn ripped off Journey to the West...)?

@Iblis, Sonic has a pretty obvious Star Wars reference

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wow that one went over my head LOL.

@LiM8D: Remember the Dragonballs were said to contain immense power and whoever wields them all has it. That's the concept he is getting at.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
They made it known what that power is though by the wishes that are granted. Instead of wishes granted Sonic goes into Super Sonic.

I'm only backing him up because we are on the same point. Probably next time around we will be on the opposite sides of the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom