• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
WAIT WAIT ALSO "The Chaos Emeralds have mystical properties and abilities, and the holder of them all can use them for a large variety of things, such as transforming into a powerful "super form", powering machines, and warping time and space. Each Emerald can transform thoughts into power which make them an everlasting source of energy and allow them to float in the air" http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Emeralds

:awesome: Also Shadow is black so he is copying the night sky with red flares.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
lol I don't really care about it, I'm just bsing at this point.

But we can all agree that Sonic CD is pretty much one of the best games ever, right? :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Raggle Fragge Farggle.

NO SHADOW COPYING THE STAR BANGLED BANNER DAMN IT! HE IS THE REFLECTION OF THE ROCKETS RED GLARE IN THE NIGHT SKY.

Also Sonic CD had Amy and Metal Sonic :troll:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I lol'd when I was little and I saw metal sonic on Sonic Heroes.

Amy was ****** though, she was the dumb ***** that got kidnapped. OBVIOUSLY COPYING PEACH BECAUSE SHE IS PINK TOO

@above post: Idrc I'm just having fun now LOL

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@sonicpoke
it's a link. It portrays shadow as black a synonym for African American not just referring to the hue of his fur.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's cool. LiM8d

Also it just hit me, Hyper Sonic didn't copy DBZ, they were obviously copying that pokemon episode that gave people seziures.

Also, U mayo ragegang?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Javacroc, what Kirby character would possibly merit inclusion other than the 3 we have. The thing about Starfox games is that is one of the ONLY franchises that HAS CHARACTERS WITH PERSONALITIES! As "unfair" as it may seem to you, every single Starfox character is more iconic and well known than Dark Samus or Knuckle Joe or whoever else. It's just the nature of character driven games. Or, if you REALLY want another Kirby rep, I suppose I could concede to Gay Snail's inclusion.

None. Kirby doesn't need anymore characters than what it has now, and I'm against any more right now.

That's why I don't want any more characters other than Ridley added to what I consider the Second-to-Big Three Three Franchises in Smash Bros. - Metroid, Kirby, and Star Fox.

I can understand why Krystal is a potential candidate - she has moveset potential, she has personality as you noted, and she is fairly popular in demands. I do see her also as a character with decent chances to appear playable in SSB4. I just don't think Star Fox needs any more than four characters when it is only this year since 2006 that we are getting a new Star Fox game.

Star Fox has had six released games so far. Kirby has had fifteen, Metroid twelve, heck, even Fire Emblem twelve. The last three Star Fox games have had (starting from earliest released to newest released) ratings of 80%, 71%, and 76% on GameRankings. Kirby's last three games had 72%, 82.1%, 89.53% respectively. Fire Emblem's last three games released internationally got 84.9%, 86%, 78% respectively. The last three Star Fox games sold in Japan (starting from earliest released to newest released) 200,000 copies in the weeks after release, 194,402 copies in it's lifetime, and 109, 989 copies in it's lifetime. Kirby games have respectively sold in Japan one million copies, 1,588,529 copies, and 1.59 million copies as of April 2011. I'll give it that the FE games didn't sell nearly as well, taken into consideration how large the Wii audience is with the last game Radiant Dawn.

Games I'm referring to in order:
  • Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox Assault, Star Fox Command
  • Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby Epic Yarn
  • Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I'm not against Krystal herself, but I'm just against adding a new Star Fox rep, even if it's a character with personality. To be honest, I'd prefer Metroid, Fire Emblem, Mario, Pokemon, new and retro franchises, and heck, even Legend of Zelda and Kirby getting new representatives before we get another Star Fox rep.

D

Deleted member

We are running out of topics to discuss. What does everyone think of re-capping topics we've already discussed?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It doesn't matter, we do it all the time. It's my part of my full theory circle. I'm just waiting for someone do bring up the multiplayer going over 4 players like it has been brought up the last 6 times and I'll post that same Melee vid of 6 players.

Yooo I told you people before I'm fine with the Brawl roster LOL, just add Megaman and Ridley and I don't really care who else gets in. We never stick to a subject long enough for it to be developed, when we do get somewhere odds out of 100, 95 percent of the time during a good discussion a random wishlist will pop up. Account in the flamewars, add the Chris and Lord Hokage effect. We don't even sit down and talk about Star's concepts long enough for it to be worth while. Movesets are running dry because we have basically gotten a solid idea of a good roster. Throw in a random thing here and there. Repeat whole proccess.

Tbh imo, this thread became a joke after the first 10 pages (I use 40 Post per page). We do the same thing over and over again. That's why I have my full circle theory. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I didn't say that it was a bad thing, I just don't understand why people think that we are running out of things to discuss or that its a problem that things wind down from time to time. Trust me, thats doesn't seem to be a problem for News/Politics/LIFE
The difference is at least though subjects evolve and don't sit in the same spot forever. They develop things too. Even at a fast pace.

I think six players is very, imagine five guys coming behind you and still a stage what can kill you?
Very what? I think you forgot to finish your statement

@ssbf
I said this three days ago and no one really seemed for it.... Or against it for that matter

I'm neutral on the subject. I've already expressed what I fell will happen.

EDIT: My last effort to drive this thread into a positive direction was with my streaming idea and colabing with nLiM8d, but nothing progress from there and is lost in this thread. I've lost motivation to think of something new and innovative for SSB4 because I feel if I do, it will get lost in the next 5 to 10 posts. Until I see something worth discussing, something being developed, Star's concepts actually being analyzed and observed, I won't do anything different than I have been. I'll just be posting images and arguing with people for the fun of it. It's a shame because with new times means new ideas, but this thread is stuck in place while time moves on. Where does that put the ideas then?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
subjects evolve and don't sit in the same spot forever. They develop things too. Even at a fast pace.
I would LOL hard @ that comment if I had a bit more sugar in me. But like you said, the willpower towards attention spans are fleeting in these parts, so we can't develop ideas in a substantial way. Take a look at Operation Connect, my last post was probably only read by 2 people: You and the Thread Creator.

Anyhow, it would be pretty neat if Brawl got an update like that. All you have to do is snip ROB from the picture and replace Jigs with some Ridley data. Though expanding on the formula is nice fan service. Thats why I anticipate the fourth.

EDIT- I hear you there lone cubone.
Btw Post that Melee vid, it might be interesting for larger maps or even team play (possibilities even with the new controllers)

D

Deleted member

Legit SSBFan Summaries FTW!

I don't know what the deal is though, we hardly scratch the surface of worthwhile topics. Mostly because of random top 10 lists, among other things *looks @ Iblis*
What I've noticed that we've pretty much covered almost every topic in depth. Specific series have received in-depth analysis from many people, we have talked about the online portion a lot, the potential story mode, the multi-player function, the gameplay/balance, etc. Only thing I can think of that hasn't been covered is All-Star Mode and ideas for new modes in Smash. That's why I don't mind going over different topics again, because with new people constantly coming in here, they will have different opinion on the subject and they don't miss out too much by not spending so much time reading the entire thread. It also keeps this thread somewhat fresh.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I did in my previous post but here it is again.

Casually I could see 6 or more players being very fun and allow a bigger crowd to play, say you have a small party at your house.

Competitivley, 3v3 to 4v4 matches could very interesting and I could see a lot of depth and exploring in it. I could even see us at tournies doing stupid stuff like having a 1v7 match.

Gameplay wise, I see it adding more stages, maybe some specifically for those matches. Who knows maybe he could even add a new game mechanic for that game play.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Bring back the trophy stages in event matches and/or make them selectable stages.

Throwing in the 3DS makes it even better. I just wonder how the 3DS would handle viewing large stages.

YO WORD, bring back the character specific target practice stages, then add in the Brawl difficulty settings! I'm sure everyone would enjoy that. Also another thing they could do is make co-op target stages like brawl too.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
We are running out of topics to discuss. What does everyone think of re-capping topics we've already discussed?
Sure, why not. I can post my general predictions and preferences on each franchise in and for SSB4 soon, at least after I finish more on my script.

What I've noticed that we've pretty much covered almost every topic in depth. Specific series have received in-depth analysis from many people, we have talked about the online portion a lot, the potential story mode, the multi-player function, the gameplay/balance, etc. Only thing I can think of that hasn't been covered is All-Star Mode and ideas for new modes in Smash. That's why I don't mind going over different topics again, because with new people constantly coming in here, they will have different opinion on the subject and they don't miss out too much by not spending so much time reading the entire thread. It also keeps this thread somewhat fresh.
Well, regarding All-Star mode, who would prefer the setting of the next All-Star mode share more similarities to Melee's park over Brawl's cave?

Personally, I loved the ambient, lifting music and peaceful setting in Melee's All-Star mode. Brawl's did nothing for me.

How about the next All-Star mode have an emphasis on the type of character, though? You start fighting second banana characters or minor franchises like Luigi and the Ice Climbers, then move on to fight series antagonists and moderately-important franchises such as Wolf and Ray MK, then finish fighting the series protagonists and major characters, which should be the hardest.

EDIT: Also, regarding trophies, stickers, and the Chronicle, how about combining them?

There would be a Library mode. Here, you can scroll through the names of Nintendo games or franchises, similar to Chronicle. However, instead of just a generic list, it shows you "shelves" and cases as in a library.

For each franchise or game - let's use Mario here - you see a set of shelves. Part of the shelves consist of trophy cases, where if press there, you can view trophies from that game or franchise. There could be some books as well - a "scrapbook" where all stickers related to that game/franchise are stored and a "novel" for the game or each game in a franchise that gives you general information and a description of the game.

By pressing the Z or whatever button on a trophy, you can select them to load up when you start Trophy Hoard mode. Trophy Hoard mode here would be a click away, and any trophies you selected automatically appear. Of course, you can just select them from a list in Trophy Hoard mode if you want still - the option is there.

D

Deleted member

I did in my previous post but here it is again.

Casually I could see 6 or more players being very fun and allow a bigger crowd to play, say you have a small party at your house.

Competitivley, 3v3 to 4v4 matches could very interesting and I could see a lot of depth and exploring in it. I could even see us at tournies doing stupid stuff like having a 1v7 match.

Gameplay wise, I see it adding more stages, maybe some specifically for those matches. Who knows maybe he could even add a new game mechanic for that game play.
At least five-players matches should be done this time around. It would help with makes the multi-player mode that much more fun and considering that the Wii-U can handle five players, there's no reason not to upgrade.
Sure, why not. I can post my general predictions and preferences on each franchise in and for SSB4 soon, at least after I finish more on my script.
Alright, looking forward to seeing it. Meanwhile, I'll go work on my Victini essay.
Well, regarding All-Star mode, who would prefer the setting of the next All-Star mode share more similarities to Melee's park over Brawl's cave?

Personally, I loved the ambient, lifting music and peaceful setting in Melee's All-Star mode. Brawl's did nothing for me.

How about the next All-Star mode have an emphasis on the type of character, though? You start fighting second banana characters or minor franchises like Luigi and the Ice Climbers, then move on to fight series antagonists and moderately-important franchises such as Wolf and Ray MK, then finish fighting the series protagonists and major characters, which should be the hardest.
Melee's All-Star music was very special in a way that it involved you and gave you peace before you started a match, the same can't be said for Brawl.

That would be nice to see, but I was thinking that the patterns are random in the following: years when the franchise started, starters and then unlockable based off how hard it was to unlock them, and of course what you were suggest.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
YO!!!! I tell you, smash is an inviting community, not just for anti-social nerds!(no offense to those of you) I've been looking into brawls rotation mode and thats a real ingenious set up goin on there. I could see that working real well now that we're throwing handhelds and apple tabs in the mix.
It really could this time around. LOL@ Apple tabs. We try or best to invite people into the tourney scene. Only people I've known that didn't want to join is because they got buttthurt and was that arrogant type of person who didn't want to listen to advice or they had transportation issues. Even though we try to carpool so that issue doesn't happen.

At least five-players matches should be done this time around. It would help with makes the multi-player mode that much more fun and considering that the Wii-U can handle five players, there's no reason not to upgrade.
I think it should be an even number if we are going to upgrade, just to balance team matches. I definitely agree with the Wii U being able to handle that type of capability. Not only would 6+ players make Smash have a really good option but it would be a challenge to the video gaming industry, the first console to have something like that out there also the first fighting type game to have 6+ characters on screen, being fully controllable, at once.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Melee's All-Star music was very special in a way that it involved you and gave you peace before you started a match, the same can't be said for Brawl.

That would be nice to see, but I was thinking that the patterns are random in the following: years when the franchise started, starters and then unlockable based off how hard it was to unlock them, and of course what you were suggest.
Very true regarding five-player matches. With the possibility for the Wii U controller and four Wii remotes, there's no reason to not allow five-player.

Melee's All-Star mode music really did relax you before battle - the song may have been from Kirby Super Star, but who cares? It was so perfect.

Heck, someone made lyrics for it on Youtube corresponding to the piano notes:

You, with your wounds

all will be

better soon

Take your time

rest for now

mend your mind

It will, soothe,

(repeat)

Also, I like your idea of randomly changing what order the characters are battled. Gives more variety, yet feels organized and "right".

What do people think about my Library mode?

Here is the idea reposted:
"Also, regarding trophies, stickers, and the Chronicle, how about combining them?

There would be a Library mode. Here, you can scroll through the names of Nintendo games or franchises, similar to Chronicle. However, instead of just a generic list, it shows you "shelves" and cases as in a library.

For each franchise or game - let's use Mario here - you see a set of shelves. Part of the shelves consist of trophy cases, where if press there, you can view trophies from that game or franchise. There could be some books as well - a "scrapbook" where all stickers related to that game/franchise are stored and a "novel" for the game or each game in a franchise that gives you general information and a description of the game.

By pressing the Z or whatever button on a trophy, you can select them to load up when you start Trophy Hoard mode. Trophy Hoard mode here would be a click away, and any trophies you selected automatically appear. Of course, you can just select them from a list in Trophy Hoard mode if you want still - the option is there."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom