• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You're stupid. Like before in your own thread you've been slain. Go back to the drawing board, your bridge is broken

SSBF, QUICK say something smart so the thread won't lose anymore IQ points.

@Omega, idk and idc. LOL

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Serious this half-born trolls need to go train at xat or something. It makes me feel bad that I troll every now and then when you see these types show up :-/

On-topic: So how about Megaman.

oooooohhhh look, I think Hokage got some brain cells smoking and was able to, after 10 mins, find a picture. I bet if I did this

He still wouldn't get it.

EDIT: Opps didn't see your post Gatlin because of 502... :urg:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Serious this half-born trolls need to go train at xat or something. It makes me feel bad that I troll every now and then when you see these types show up :-/

On-topic: So how about Megaman.

oooooohhhh look, I think Hokage got some brain cells smoking and was able to, after 10 mins, find a picture. I bet if I did this
Ha, I bet you've encountered many I assume ;)

Anyway...about Megaman, what moves would he have? also where would he be on the tier list? another broken Meta_Knight?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I was happy to see a previous iteration of my roster pop up a few pages back! Figured I should release my next version seeing as I've refined it even more.

Notable Changes:
- Tom Nook has been removed, seeing as if they didn't want him in Brawl even when Resetti and Smashville were involved, it's probably a deliberate choice rather than simply not realizing the option.
- Wolf is back instead of Krystal. Added Toon Link as it's clear Sakurai wants him there, given Toon Zelda was also considered.
- Dropped Black Shadow, Lyn.
- Replace Megaman Volnut with classic.
I won't diss the inclusions because most of them are good...

But SHAME on you for removing Mike from the roster (especially when he has... x5 times the moveset potential than say... Stafy. Not to mention the latter is yet another Japan exclusive, while the former was a good Western exclusive)

... And DOUBLE the shame for not even mentioning it. =/ Hmph!

Gah, I was getting too hopeful, but oddly enough nobody criticized it in the first place (except for one person) so I really don't know what motivated you to remove him. :p

I guess you're just trying rosters out to see which one receives the best feedback.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let's get back on the Starfy hype train. I felt he didn't have much of a chance being Japan-only for Brawl and lacking popularity. Now I feel it is his time. Gogogo!

(also, this is a short post by me! YEAH!)

OmegaXXII

I won't diss the inclusions because most of them are good...

But SHAME on you for removing Mike from the roster (especially when he has... x5 times the moveset potential than say... Stafy. Not to mention the latter is yet another Japan exclusive, while the former was a good Western exclusive)

I'm curious to know, who is Mike? What game is he from? I'm sorry but I've never heard much about him before.

Woah, What happened here while I was gone?
Troll war between Iblis and the new guy, it was lulz. :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I committed ****.

Anyway...about Megaman, what moves would he have? also where would he be on the tier list? another broken Meta_Knight?
When I think about his physics all I think he would be high tier if nothing when wrong.

I'm curious to know, who is Mike? What game is he from? I'm sorry but I've never heard much about him before.

Troll war between Iblis and the new guy, it was lulz. :awesome:
It was more of a beating

A blast from the past.

Any Megaman movesets?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:
He's the main character, of two NES games:

StarTropics

Zoda's Revenge (StarTropics II)

These games were made in Japan, but released on western shores only. (Hence why he's not that popular).

The game plays like Zelda, (except on modern times and tropical settings) on the dungeon maps, while there's a map "hub" where there's no fighting.

The character MAINS a yoyo weapon. (Yeah, Ness does too, but this guy came first, and he ALWAYS has a yoyo, or an upgraded version of it)

He also comes across a plethora of weapons, ranging from base balls, cleats, bats, bolas, morning stars, alien guns, phaser guns, shurikens that on trigger split in two, snowmen dolls that freeze the whole room he's in.... etc.

In a nutshell.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:
He's the main character, of two NES games:

StarTropics

Zoda's Revenge (StarTropics II)

These games were made in Japan, but released on western shores only. (Hence why he's not that popular).

The game plays like Zelda, (except on modern times and tropical settings) on the dungeon maps, while there's a map "hub" where there's no fighting.

The character MAINS a yoyo weapon. (Yeah, Ness does too, but this guy came first, and he ALWAYS has a yoyo, or an upgraded version of it)

He also comes across a plethora of weapons, ranging from base balls, cleats, bats, bolas, morning stars, alien guns, phaser guns, shurikens that on trigger split in two, snowmen dolls that freeze the whole room he's in.... etc.

EDIT: For the record... he's 1st party, although it may feel he's 4th party at times... And he was made by the same guy who made another famous game...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
me, Me, MEEEHHHH!!!!!!

Also, lots of trolls. And my endorsement of Starfy. Yes, hell has frozen over! (in Brawl I was lightly against him being in; now, I LOVE the thought of him in smash!)

Any Megaman movesets?
Too many Mega Man movesets. He's faced what? 78 robot masters in Mega Man 1 through 10. Take some of those weapons.

Also, Kirby needs to be able to steal any move. I want him to use PK Fire again. Nuff' said!

Also, the Mike Jones hype is old. It seems interesting, but that seems way out there. Then again, we are dealing with Sakurai (although I doubt he's heard of Star Tropic).

You know who'd be the best "WTF!?" character ever? Error from Zelda II. All he does is say "I am Error." That would be totally epic to play as in smash! :grin: :laugh: :chuckle:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ha, I bet you've encountered many I assume ;)

A - Jab
AA - Buster Jab
AAA - Point blank blast

Running A: Charge Slide - Slides forward with power

Forward A - Horse kick (MvC)
Down A - Crouch kick forward (MvC)
Up A - Point blank buster blast in the air

Forward Smash: Slash Claw - Slashes his arm forward
Down Smash: Plug Ball - Shoots a small ball of electricity forward
Up Smash: Shoryuken - Megaman does a Megaman Shoryuken (SF, MM:pB)

Neutral Air: Top Spin - Megaman spins around in the air
Forward Air: Flame Sword - Megaman slashes a fiery sword in front of him
Back Air: Flash Bomb - Megaman swings his buster back and detonates a grenade.
Up Air: Drill Arm - Buster becomes a drill and pushes into the air above him

B: Mega Buster - Pellets dp 1-2% damage, no knockback. Charged shot when B is held, 14% damage, medium knockback.
Forward B: Rush Power - Uses the Power Adaptor from MM6 and punches in front of him.
Down B: Cycle - Cycle through various Robot Master abilities.
Up B: Beat - Beat flies down and will carry you in the air for a limited time. On ground can be summoned to attack for a brief moment.

Grab: Thunder Claw - Electric claw reaches forward
A: Knees opponent
Forward Throw: Super Arrow - Shoots opponent forward on arrow
Up Throw: Danger Wrap - Puts opponent in bubble and sends them in the air. A second later the bubble explodes.
Back Throw: Guts Arm - Grabs opponent and chucks the enemy behind him with incredible power
Down B: Concrete Shot - Throws opponent under him and drops block of concrete onto the character

Final Smash: Rush Adaptor

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Attempting to repost this for the third goddamn time because of bad gateways:

I suggested this pre-Brawl, but I'd like to see a mode similar to all-star mode, BUT WITH A FEW KEY DIFFERENCES. One, it takes place on only one stage, probably Final Destination (or your choosing). It's a 1v1 mode where you face the roster over and over again, but only one character at a time. The order in which you face the whole roster is different each time you play, but while playing it cycles through the same pattern that was generated for that play session (if you manage to get that far!). KNOWING SAKURAI, items would probably appear regardless (wish you could turn them off in single-player), but not healing items. You would receive a Maximum Tomato after defeating... Maybe 3 or 5 characters.

Oh, and there wouldn't be a handicap on. Opponents would play like a normal character. No One-Hit Knockouts!

Most importantly, there is no stop to it. Nothing announcing your score or which character comes next. It's just one character after another. I suppose your next opponent would be loading while fighting your current opponent.

HOPEFULLY THAT MADE SENSE, but I think a mode like that would be a lot of fun, as well as challenging. I think things like that are usually called "Survival mode."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A lot of fighting games have survival mode, so why not? I think further expanding the amount of modes the series has can add replay value for those who don't want to play multiplayer. A survival mode, a Melee-esk adventure mode, and a Brawl-esk "when words collide" adventure mode (but in the characters various worlds and not the dumb subspace world) would be epic. You know what else would be awesome? A quick match mode where you quickly choose a character, and face a maximum level computer. The non-competitive people would love that.

Edit: Also, I want 4 vs. 4 online and via LAN. That would be epic! C'mon-y'all know that'd be epic!

Edit 2: I know I'd get a lot of flak for suggesting that in smash (for the second game in a row), but what harm could it do? Imagine 3 vs. 3 and 4 vs. 4 competitively via LAN. This could totally add new dimensions to smasha brothas!

OmegaXXII

A - Jab
AA - Buster Jab
AAA - Point blank blast

Running A: Charge Slide - Slides forward with power

Forward A - Horse kick (MvC)
Down A - Crouch kick forward (MvC)
Up A - Point blank buster blast in the air

Forward Smash: Slash Claw - Slashes his arm forward
Down Smash: Plug Ball - Shoots a small ball of electricity forward
Up Smash: Shoryuken - Megaman does a Megaman Shoryuken (SF, MM:pB)

Neutral Air: Top Spin - Megaman spins around in the air
Forward Air: Flame Sword - Megaman slashes a fiery sword in front of him
Back Air: Flash Bomb - Megaman swings his buster back and detonates a grenade.
Up Air: Drill Arm - Buster becomes a drill and pushes into the air above him

B: Mega Buster - Pellets dp 1-2% damage, no knockback. Charged shot when B is held, 14% damage, medium knockback.
Forward B: Rush Power - Uses the Power Adaptor from MM6 and punches in front of him.
Down B: Cycle - Cycle through various Robot Master abilities.
Up B: Beat - Beat flies down and will carry you in the air for a limited time. On ground can be summoned to attack for a brief moment.

Grab: Thunder Claw - Electric claw reaches forward
A: Knees opponent
Forward Throw: Super Arrow - Shoots opponent forward on arrow
Up Throw: Danger Wrap - Puts opponent in bubble and sends them in the air. A second later the bubble explodes.
Back Throw: Guts Arm - Grabs opponent and chucks the enemy behind him with incredible power
Down B: Concrete Shot - Throws opponent under him and drops block of concrete onto the character

Final Smash: Rush Adaptor

Knowing you, those moves are all from a variety of games he had right? I heard he had the ability to copy moves the same way Kirby does through his arm cannon, is that true?

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Anyone can have this if they want. This was just me messing around.
Thanks Starphoenix! Much appreciated.
JavaCroc said:
First, regarding third-party characters:

It's interesting how people's choices for third-party characters change over time. During Brawl's pre-release, I saw Bomberman and Pac-Man as the most popular reps for a third 3rd-party spot. Now it seems that has changed to Slime and Travis Touchdown. The only consistently popular third-party characters to this day that didn't get in Brawl are Megaman and Geno.

Second, regarding the roster:

As a prediction roster, it's great - one of the better I've seen. Personally, I can see another retro character or new franchise character thrown in and just generally a few more characters, but it's a reasonable roster that I can see happening in SSB4.
I think it changed mainly because of things that has happened in the gaming industry and that people got more knowledgeable about potential third-party supports. Which is why my focus for a fourth third-party character has switched to Slime, Ryu Hayabusa, and Travis Touchdown. I used to be a Bomberman supporter back in the day, but relevancy issues will probably keep him out of SSB4. Also, Geno may not even be a consistently popular character anymore, seeing that his popularity has declined significantly.

Thanks. I can see up to forty-nine slots being added with the roster you see here plus Ray, Starfy, Isaac, Slime, and Black Shadow in, but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment like I did with Brawl, which is why I went with forty-four slots. I am, however, still worried that with the possibility of universal rosters, we may not even get forty slots, which worries me immensely.
Johnknight01 said:
1. Characters that were previously considered in all past smash games, especially ones who just missed the cut, were AT's (Samurai Goroh, Little Mac, Stafy, Tingle [let us pray to God not!], Custom Robo, and Issac), bosses (Ridley), background characters (Tail?) or especially had data of a character (Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda and Toon Tetra, Mach Rider, Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land, and Balloon Fighter) will be considered 5 times as much as any past characters in Brawl. This includes possibly Roy, but especially Mewtwo (who could use hitboxes!).

2. Tails (I wish Knuckles, too ), Pac-Man, Slime, Mega Man, and any begged in major 3rd party characters that are flagship characters for a company or studio are the only ones with chances.

3. There will be tons of WTF characters; possibly more on the DS (I got a feeling, but I'm not betting on it).

4. There will be at least 8 retro characters (Melee and Brawl combined had 6).

5. At least 4 new franchises will be represented, but no more than 8. Golden Sun? Mega Man? Pac-Man? Punch-Out!!?? Dragon Quest? Who knows?

6. At least two characters that were Melee-exclusive or seriously considered in previous smash games will be in either game. (this is an expansion of point 1)

7. Constant Nintendo characters like Toad, Bowser Jr, Ridley, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Krystal, etc will be considered.

8. There will be no more than 3 new 3rd party characters.

9. Snake and Sonic will return, as will all characters in two or more smash games, and all or nearly all the Brawl newcomers (I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say all original characters are permanent in the series, Mewtwo aside [I hope he returns]).

10. There will be a 5th gen Pokémon character. It's a lock.

11. At least 3 franchises will get new reps, but no more than 6.

12. Sakurai will find a new way to shock us with a character selection! Accept it!

13. There will be at least 45 characters on Smash Bros. Wii U, and if there are exclusive characters on Smash Bros. 3DS, there will be over 50 (going way out on a limb!).

Where did I come with my numbers? I followed patterns by Sakurai, and I think I got a feel for it. Hopefully I'm right about over 50 characters.
I agree with #1, #2 (I think every third-party characters that has been on a Nintendo console has at least a miniscule chance, but you have a great point there), #5, #7, #8, mostly #9, #10, #11, #12, and maybe #13 (Although I'm worried we may not even get forty slots). Now for my disagreements:

#3: I think we'll only get one surprise or none at all. All of the so-called "WTF" characters like Duck Hunt Dog are being predicted, so they are not "WTF" characters. Only ones with next to zero requests or no one expects can qualify as "WTF" characters. It will be difficult to find good "WTF" characters this time around, so if Nintendo wants to shock us again, they're going to have to either pull an obscure third-party character no one expects or do the impossible and allow a non-video game character in SSB4, the latter of which wil never happen.

#4: Only one that I think will get in is Takamaru. Everyone else I cannot see getting in.

Other then that, very good theory and I'd like to see the patterns you've seen.
JavaCroc said:
In terms of Adventure Mode, Oasis had a good idea regarding it earlier when we were discussing character exclusivity; what if Adventure Mode is on both the Wii U and 3DS, but neither are alike?

If this happens, I'd like the Adventure Modes to be made like this:
  • 3DS: Less "fancy" with less story and cinematics, but is replayable and more non-linear; similar to Melee's Adventure Mode.
  • Wii U: More fancy with more flashy cinematics, but is more linear and less replayable; similar to Brawl's SSE mode.

What do you guys think?
  • I would love for this to happen. In the case a universal roster happens, we can still get our mid 40s character slot, and allows the developers to focus on the single-player contents on the 3DS. Fans with realistic expectations can still hope for a great game.
    Chris the Ripper said:
    Look at my sig,awesome right?
    No, it makes you look like a fanboy.
    OmegaXVII said:
    I don't think he'll be the next Meta-Knight. I actually don't think we'll see another broken Meta-Knight in SSB4. I would say he would place in the middle-lower tier.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Technically Cranky Kong has already made cameos in both Melee and Brawl. In the one Donkey Kong level with the house and rushing water and image of Cranky can be seen inside the house. Also since he's the original DK he was in the classic DK stage. I don't know if Cranky will be an assist trophy but if he is then he may be in his classic DK style.

I've been pondering this idea on how many 3rd parties will be in it. Since this is useing characters from other games that means they have to get rights to use them. Do they have to pay royalties and if so how would that work (each character, genre, company)?
I did mention Cranky Kong making constant mockery remarks to today's games. He'd be like...

Cranky: What's with all of those crazy moves that I'm seeing?! Back in my day, all that you can do is move and jump, and it should stay that way!!

Cranky: You guys think that you're so tough?! If I were fighting, you'd be begging for mercy by the time I'm done.

Basically, he'd be similar to Mr. Resetti.

^^ That is FAKE!! Everybody on here knows about it!!

Development hasn't even started yet, it won't start until October 2011, I have to admit though I kinda fell for it back then. :/
I didn't buy that fake title for an instant. Strife sounds too stupid for a Smash Bros. title.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Knowing you, those moves are all from a variety of games he had right? I heard he had the ability to copy moves the same way Kirby does through his arm cannon, is that true?
That would be correct, if I gave it more time I could probably make better selections. For instance:

I'd probably have swapped Flame Sword and Slash Claw.
Knight Crusher would be really cool as the Back Air instead of Flash Bomb
Forgot his down air, which would be something like... Wily Coil... Nah I'd just make Top Spin his down air and make his neutral his air kick in MvC.

Yes he does, for robots anyways.

OmegaXXII

Attempting to repost this for the third goddamn time because of bad gateways:

I suggested this pre-Brawl, but I'd like to see a mode similar to all-star mode, BUT WITH A FEW KEY DIFFERENCES. One, it takes place on only one stage, probably Final Destination (or your choosing). It's a 1v1 mode where you face the roster over and over again, but only one character at a time. The order in which you face the whole roster is different each time you play, but while playing it cycles through the same pattern that was generated for that play session (if you manage to get that far!). KNOWING SAKURAI, items would probably appear regardless (wish you could turn them off in single-player), but not healing items. You would receive a Maximum Tomato after defeating... Maybe 3 or 5 characters.

Oh, and there wouldn't be a handicap on. Opponents would play like a normal character. No One-Hit Knockouts!

Most importantly, there is no stop to it. Nothing announcing your score or which character comes next. It's just one character after another. I suppose your next opponent would be loading while fighting your current opponent.

HOPEFULLY THAT MADE SENSE, but I think a mode like that would be a lot of fun, as well as challenging. I think things like that are usually called "Survival mode."
I like the idea, it sounds like an Endurance battle from Mortal Kombat or like Tekken Force but in a Smash kind of way, it definetly would test one's endurance and will to survive, I think a mode like this would be lots of fun and challenging at the same time assumumibg they ate all level 9 Luigi's lol...

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thanks. I can see up to forty-nine slots being added with the roster you see here plus Ray, Starfy, Isaac, Slime, and Black Shadow in, but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment like I did with Brawl, which is why I went with forty-four slots. I am, however, still worried that with the possibility of universal rosters, we may not even get forty slots, which worries me immensely.I agree with #1, #2 (I think every third-party characters that has been on a Nintendo console has at least a miniscule chance, but you have a great point there), #5, #7, #8, mostly #9, #10, #11, #12, and maybe #13 (Although I'm worried we may not even get forty slots). Now for my disagreements:

#3: I think we'll only get one surprise or none at all. All of the so-called "WTF" characters like Duck Hunt Dog are being predicted, so they are not "WTF" characters. Only ones with next to zero requests or no one expects can qualify as "WTF" characters. It will be difficult to find good "WTF" characters this time around, so if Nintendo wants to shock us again, they're going to have to either pull an obscure third-party character no one expects or do the impossible and allow a non-video game character in SSB4, the latter of which wil never happen.

#4: Only one that I think will get in is Takamaru. Everyone else I cannot see getting in.

#3 depends on your view of "surprise." There were threads for even the Pokémon Trainer before he was announced in Brawl. THE POKE-FRIGGEN MON TRAINER! People saw him coming. So to someone, some characters will not be "WTF?" Yet to the public, and to some hardcore smash followers like us they will be (most of them will be retro, of course).

#4 Little Mac, Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong (she hasn't had a huge role in a big game since DKC3! o.O), Pac-Man, Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land each have a good shot (as well as others I can't think of now), and I'm sure Sakurai has others planned. And unlike Brawl where I said Takamaru was a zero chance, I think his chances are pretty good. I mean, if the Ice Climbers can make it after one mediocre game, why couldn't he (although he is Japan-only).

Don't worry about not getting more than 40. We got 39 in Brawl. We'll get more, guaranteed. Smash 64 had 12. Melee had 26. Brawl had 39. Each game increased by an average of 13.5 characters. I think we'll get about 52 with both games added together, assuming there are console exclusives (hopefully they're transferable between the two, or at least to Wii U Smash game!), and possibly even DLC characters, stages, and whatnot.

On a side note, who would be not be for so that after the game comes out-as long as they weren't on the disc like BioShock 2! Imagine how awesome Brawl would be with Toon Zelda and Tetra, Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong Mewtwo, and Roy (plus maybe Dr. Mario and Pichu) as post-release add-on DLC. They could literally put every past smash stage in the game. How awesome would that be? That'd be like....60 stages!

But alas... so far it is just a dream. Hopefully they make the stage creator more worthwhile this time around (at least put in most of the parts used on the actual stages... please?).

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Am i the only one that sees the sse enemies as a start of a new series? In order to merge the nintendo worlds they would have to go over the 17 different first party franchises in brawl. Not only that but they would have to make it flow smoothly, how do you successfully go from mario world to planet hocotate to dreamland to the game and watch etc. The solution? Create a world where the series co-exist, create a place that isnt exactly home but takes parts of each world.
Idk thats how i see it anyway =\

I actually like chris' sig

Barbasol

Smash Ace

Gah, I was getting too hopeful, but oddly enough nobody criticized it in the first place (except for one person) so I really don't know what motivated you to remove him. :p

I guess you're just trying rosters out to see which one receives the best feedback.
Well. Starfy isn't Japan exclusive for one thing, his games are global now.

Hah, lets be honest... Mike Jones is very unlikely. He had TWO games, which were american exclusive, and fan demand is even lower than say Sukapon. I thought about him specifically, but when we get retro choices, they're characters everyone knows, like Ice Climbers and Pit. The reason Mike was removed was the same I used for axing Sukapon.

I don't just slap people in and see which get complaints, I do put effort in... :/

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Story we can talk about now: forget Brawl's story. To hell with it. Burn it. Destroy it. Get ride of the Subspace World. Have all the dang gameplay take place in the characters' universes. Troubles in Mushroom Kingdom with Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Wario? Let's see the Mario Bros, Yoshi, Solid Snake, Pit, and Ike smack 'em around!

That would be awesome. Ridley, Rayquaza, and Porky were great bosses. The other generic bosses were lame. I want bosses I know, not a bunch of awful wanna be Kirby bosses. Andross, Krusha, Ganon, The Dark Knight, Gray Fox, Claus, Dr. Eggman, Medusa, etc would be EPIC! You know what else would be epic? Fighting Team Wolfen, Metal Gear Rex or Ray, or F-Zero racers... in their friggen vehicles! That would be so awesome to fight. I would pay just for that!

Nintendo has TOO MUCH to work with!

Please, oh please God, let you be right!

Those enemies were dumb. Let us face actual Nintendo characters. Toads, Koopas, Goombas, Like Likes, Helmet Heads (LOZ), the Crocodiles from DKC, Space Pirates, Metroids, Team Wolfen, a bunch of wild Pokémon, demons (Kid Icarus), enemy soldiers (Fire Emblem), new age retro hippies (from EarthBound!), Starmen (EarthBound series), the inhabitants of the planet in Pikmin, Polar Bears, enemy spaceships (Star Fox), pirate ships (LOZ), enemy ROBs, evil Game and Watches (again!), boos, Metal Gears... too many enemies to explain!

As long as the story isn't as lame as last time, it's good. There could be no story, there could be a lot of story. Whatever works... works! If we have cutscenes, though, make 'em interesting! This is Mario meeting Solid Snake! Not boring Master Chief meeting his clone! What more do you need to work with to make an entertaining story? There is literally millions of letters of fan fiction dedicated to how awesome this concept is!

How did you know I planned to **** all of you through my long walls of text? I thought I was being secretive and seductive... :awesome:
Thank you for agreeing on how terrible the Subspace concept in Brawl was!!! I hated how Sakurai decided he would add poor Kirby rip-off enemies and a generic, faceless world with no purpose instead of using real Nintendo locations and enemies - which have actual personalities!

Anyone here for a normal Link vs. Toon Link meeting? As I suggested earlier, there could be a slight antagonism between them at first until they accept each other and fight together. Both characters can work in the same story if Sakurai works on it.

And as I said earlier, get the people behind the New Super Mario Bros. series onto Adventure Mode!! We could get some actual challenging platforming levels and not endless fighting, actually!

Yes, it made sense (I'm beginning to like how you emphasize certain phrases with all caps, for some reason). And it's a good idea for one of those "Misc." single-layer or co-op modes.

I think it changed mainly because of things that has happened in the gaming industry and that people got more knowledgeable about potential third-party supports. Which is why my focus for a fourth third-party character has switched to Slime, Ryu Hayabusa, and Travis Touchdown. I used to be a Bomberman supporter back in the day, but relevancy issues will probably keep him out of SSB4. Also, Geno may not even be a consistently popular character anymore, seeing that his popularity has declined significantly.

Thanks. I can see up to forty-nine slots being added with the roster you see here plus Ray, Starfy, Isaac, Slime, and Black Shadow in, but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment like I did with Brawl, which is why I went with forty-four slots. I am, however, still worried that with the possibility of universal rosters, we may not even get forty slots, which worries me immensely.

I would love for this to happen. In the case a universal roster happens, we can still get our mid 40s character slot, and allows the developers to focus on the single-player contents on the 3DS. Fans with realistic expectations can still hope for a great game.
That's what I think about third-party character choices, too.

I also am keeping my expectations low, but honestly, I have this gut feeling that Sakurai will feel the pressure for a higher roster than mid-40's, resulting in a high 40's roster. The roster probably won't exceed 50 unless the 3DS-Wii U exclusives plan is put into action, but I can see numbers between 47 and 50 as very likely. Then again, no one can predict Sakurai, so I don't know anything more than you do.

There's more possibilities than obscure third-party characters and non-video game characters (let's not hope the Smash Bros. series reaches that point). The Nintendo library itself is immense and has WTF possibilites.
  • Tin Star: From the SNES game of the same name. He's a robotic cowboy with a horse, Aluminum. His game supported the Super Scope. Robots, cowboys, guns - that's lots of potential right there.
  • The Marvelous Boys: From the Japan-only SNES game Marvelous: Mōhitotsu no Takarajima. They could work either like Pokemon Trainer as swap-out characters or as a tag-team character.
  • Alexandra Roivas: From the GameCube game Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. She can use magic spells taught by the runes in her game. Her dialogue can consist of repeating these runes. In addition, the "scare" element of her game could come into play in her Final Smash.
  • Kururin: From the Japan-only GameCube game Kururin Squash! and other games (which I cannot remember). As part of the Adventure Mode backstory and as part of his character, he can have his Helirin updated with various weapons or attachments to make him an effective fighter while in the cockpit. His Final Smash could be the stage temporarily changing into a maze that he must navigate through to get to opponents; touching a combatant is an instant KO, but the other players can move through the maze too, so it's a matter of attacking them in time.
And those are just some possibilities.

Regarding your comments on Oasis's ideas for Adventure Mode, what did that have to do with characters?

#4 Little Mac, Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong (she hasn't had a huge role in a big game since DKC3! o.O), Pac-Man, Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land each have a good shot (as well as others I can't think of now), and I'm sure Sakurai has others planned. And unlike Brawl where I said Takamaru was a zero chance, I think his chances are pretty good. I mean, if the Ice Climbers can make it after one mediocre game, why couldn't he (although he is Japan-only).

On a side note, who would be not be for so that after the game comes out-as long as they weren't on the disc like BioShock 2! Imagine how awesome Brawl would be with Toon Zelda and Tetra, Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong Mewtwo, and Roy (plus maybe Dr. Mario and Pichu) as post-release add-on DLC. They could literally put every past smash stage in the game. How awesome would that be? That'd be like....60 stages!

But alas... so far it is just a dream. Hopefully they make the stage creator more worthwhile this time around (at least put in most of the parts used on the actual stages... please?).
All of those character you said are also options. I can easily see Balloon Fighter (I'd prefer Alice honestly; Balloon Fighter with personality), Mach Rider, or Bubbles as retro reps. Sure, they didn't work in Melee, but not working for a 2001 game does not mean they couldn't work for a 2013-14-15-whatever game.

As for the return of any of the "Forbidden Seven", it's certainly a possibility. Personally, I don't think any of those seven need a comeback to Smash, but it would please many if they were DLC for SSB4.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
[*]Alexandra Roivas: From the GameCube game Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. She can use magic spells taught by the runes in her game. Her dialogue can consist of repeating these runes. In addition, the "scare" element of her game could come into play in her Final Smash.
1. Sanity, not 'scare,' and imo keep that for the Roivas Mansion stage.
2. Her FS should be Mantorok being summoned through the Tome of Eternal Darkness. Get the Corpse God of Chaos up in this ****
3. Thank you for supporting her

D

Deleted member

Don't worry about not getting more than 40. We got 39 in Brawl. We'll get more, guaranteed. Smash 64 had 12. Melee had 26. Brawl had 39. Each game increased by an average of 13.5 characters. I think we'll get about 52 with both games added together, assuming there are console exclusives (hopefully they're transferable between the two, or at least to Wii U Smash game!), and possibly even DLC characters, stages, and whatnot.
Little Mac, Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong, and Pac-Man are not retro characters. The latter three are, but I remember Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and Bubbles being shot down by Sakurai. I still stand by my stance that the only likely retro character is Takamaru, and I'm not even sure if he can be considered retro anymore.

I refer to slots, not transformation, unless stated otherwise. My worry mainly has to do with the possibility of universal roster.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Am i the only one that sees the sse enemies as a start of a new series? In order to merge the nintendo worlds they would have to go over the 17 different first party franchises in brawl. Not only that but they would have to make it flow smoothly, how do you successfully go from mario world to planet hocotate to dreamland to the game and watch etc. The solution? Create a world where the series co-exist, create a place that isnt exactly home but takes parts of each world.
Idk thats how i see it anyway =\

I actually like chris' sig
I agree with you that's what Sakurai was trying to do. The problem was he made his own world and not combining the worlds of Nintendo. You weren't playing Mario in SSE. You were playing a trophy of Mario. I do like the fact that Sakurai is trying to make Smash more original each time but the world lacked in originality. The enemies were okay but they weren't the best (It could have been the environment that they were in made them seem plain).

What I feel Sakurai should do is make the world shown in Brawl a center point to the other Nintendo worlds. In the Mushroom Kingdom will be a portal that leads to there and the same for the other worlds.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I agree with you that's what Sakurai was trying to do. The problem was he made his own world and not combining the worlds of Nintendo. You weren't playing Mario in SSE. You were playing a trophy of Mario. I do like the fact that Sakurai is trying to make Smash more original each time but the world lacked in originality. The enemies were okay but they weren't the best (It could have been the environment that they were in made them seem plain).

What I feel Sakurai should do is make the world shown in Brawl a center point to the other Nintendo worlds. In the Mushroom Kingdom will be a portal that leads to there and the same for the other worlds.
That's pretty much what I would expect and want too if SSB4's Adventure Mode is more Nintendo-focused.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i understand but unless the characters were sucked through a portal in a cutscene, he would still have to create 17 levels almost completely different from each other and the only time the different characters could react would be towards the end

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You don't have to go super in depth in all the worlds, just have the most popular area. This is about what the fans want. We want to explore Mushroom Kingdom as Link; stealthily race through Green Hill Zone as Solid Snake; explore Dream Land as Pit. All they need is one to three areas of each stage. There was tons of areas in the SSE (and a lot of filler rehashing at the end!)

Also, can they make the single player first? It was clear in Brawl that the SSE was the last thing made by how much better the graphics looked on it than in the regular game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't just slap people in and see which get complaints, I do put effort in... :/
I didn't imply that, sorry. I was just refering how your rosters are changing versions constantly depending on the feedback, that's all.

Also, I didn't know you were aiming to make a plausible roster, I thought you were making wishlist rosters.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Made last =! the best graphics. It's not as if graphic technology was revolutionized in the time it took them to create a game.

Unless said game is Duke Nukem Forever.

Also, I wouldn't even mind if a level incorporated several franchises together in 1-player mode. For example, you're in the Mushroom Kingdom when there is suddenly this purple warp pipe that you go into and it comes out on DK Island. At the end of the DK Island portion of the level, there is a purple barrel that blasts you to Dreamland, etc.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You don't have to go super in depth in all the worlds, just have the most popular area. This is about what the fans want. We want to explore Mushroom Kingdom as Link; stealthily race through Green Hill Zone as Solid Snake; explore Dream Land as Pit. All they need is one to three areas of each stage. There was tons of areas in the SSE (and a lot of filler rehashing at the end!)

Also, can they make the single player first? It was clear in Brawl that the SSE was the last thing made by how much better the graphics looked on it than in the regular game.
write me a basic story outline that explains how link gets to mushroom kingdom, how snake gets to green hill zone, and how pit gets to dream land. Also explain why the character that's suppose to be there isn't. and how all the characters eventually come together and where.

If you dont include all the worlds there will be whiners, although this is a minor problem it does seem to undermine some of the series

Kantrip

Kantplay
So, these bomb things unleashed these purple cloud things that did these things to these guys to make them do these things.

Also known as Nintendo incorporated the idea that there are portals that are being used to draw the fighters into the smash world (Subspace Emissary). It could come to reason that whatever the enemy in the next smash is has found a way to better use and harness these portals rather than using bombs. It could be possible the drag entire UNIVERSES into this subspace emissary through the use of this strange magic. Perhaps all the fighters get dragged into the SSE, and then shot back out through different portals than they came in. This would cause them to end up in lands that are not their own.

A simple way to take the plot that may please fans if done right. (The protagonists get with the program and figure out how to travel through the portals at their own leisure, you now choose where you go.)

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
So thats why this thread is slow. Look guys, I think safisticated language is great and all,but really?Over the Internet?On some level,that tells me alot about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom