• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I told you a couple pages back that people are to hard headed to listen to reason when it comes to their dream list.

Also what's the phrase Star?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I had forgotten about this guy, until I saw his sig :/

It was during the brawl hype, I still can't believe moderation back then was so relaxed compare to what it is now.

:phone:
What guy?

Also, everything back in the pre-Brawl days was more lax. Less noobs, too. Well, there were hype noobs without logic and 4chan scrubs, but not much else. Also, that Johnknight1 creeper. :awesome:

Also, I'm here to officially announce I am hopping on the Starfy hype train. Since Brawl brought his series to America, I think the chances of him being playable have improved SUBSTANTIALLY (all caps for extra needed hype!), the same way that being an AT and revived helped Little Mac's chances to a near shoe-in in most of our minds. Here's to you Starfy!

Now is near the time for me to reveal my ultimate super duper hyped up to the point the hype is worthless Smash Bros. Prediction Theories!
(yes, theory number 1 is that Sakurai is young, retro and fun-loving, and an absolutely psychopath, as well as a weird genius)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As trollface implies, I'm making fun of people who say that as a counter-argument when someone brings up DQ's long popularity. I'm actually one of the few vocal Slime supporters with Phoenix. If Slime has a Spot Slime palette swap, confirmed main right there :awesome:

Also add that Dragon Quest Monsters map theme to the My Music selection already!
Really? Which one? I though "Endless World" was the theme? Which I did include.

I told you a couple pages back that people are to hard headed to listen to reason when it comes to their dream list.

Also what's the phrase Star?
Just something like "Slime on a Chocobo! A tag team that works together to fight.".

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Still the best ever Dragon Quest fight song! http://youtu.be/18fqfGcr3PI?t=2m59s
3, 2, 1 GO!!!!!

Toon Link never, I hate it!
Too bad, whether you like it or not either Toon Link or Young Link will be in Smash, he's been since Melee plus he's had a bunch of recent games, no need to kick him out.

As trollface implies, I'm making fun of people who say that as a counter-argument when someone brings up DQ's long popularity. I'm actually one of the few vocal Slime supporters with Phoenix. If Slime has a Spot Slime palette swap, confirmed main right there :awesome:

Also add that Dragon Warrior Monsters map theme to the My Music selection already!
Now more than ever, I would like to see Slime in with Chocobo, it would be for the lulz :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now more than ever, I would like to see Slime in with Chocobo, it would be for the lulz :awesome:
The first thing I would want to see if that happens is someone photoshop sunglasses on both characters, Cloud's hair to Slime and give Chocobo his sword. With big old font that reads "Deal With It".

OmegaXXII

What guy?

Also, everything back in the pre-Brawl days was more lax. Less noobs, too. Well, there were hype noobs without logic and 4chan scrubs, but not much else. Also, that Johnknight1 creeper. :awesome:
THIS GUY!!

I miss all the 4 chan calling, scrubs, n00bs, saying alot of dumb stuff, clearly this guy was one of them.

Now is near the time for me to reveal my ultimate super duper hyped up to the point the hype is worthless Smash Bros. Prediction Theories!
(yes, theory number 1 is that Sakurai is young, retro and fun-loving, and an absolutely psychopath, as well as a weird genius)
What could that be??, you got me very curious son!!

And we all know Sakurai is young, at first id imagined him to be as old looking as Iwata, with mustache and all. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
スライマとチョコボ! よつい タグ チム で スマス!

Slime and Chocobo! The strong team in Smash.
Thanks a lot man. Saves it for the future.

As your payment I'll work on that avi you requested. :p lol

OmegaXXII

The first thing I would want to see if that happens is someone photoshop sunglasses on both characters, Cloud's hair to Slime and give Chocobo his sword. With big old font that reads "Deal With It".
You should do that sometime!! Funny, this is the first time I even seen your SIG, it's cute.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Wow, the Dragon Quest music are great. Bonus points for Akira Toriyama's involvement in the art, director of my all-time favorite anime (Dragonball). I wish I could save up money to buy some Dragon Quest games, but I'm putting all of my focus on entertainment on trying to get money for this game and the Wii-U, which will take quite awhile.

In regards to a Golden Sun rep, I don't think Matthew has much of a chance, despite being in the latest game as the main protagonists. There are a few major problems with his inclusions:

- His game was the worst selling and worst critically received in the franchise. The previous Golden Sun games sold over a million, Dark Dawn has sold less then half a million right now and for good reasons; the game is generally considered inferior to it's predecessor. Why buy an inferior game when you can get the better prequels?

- It is a horrible idea to add a character solely based off if they've appeared in the latest game. Matthew might be the new protagonist, but that alone should not green light his inclusion. Next to no one wants him in SSB4 and while importance based off being the main protagonist of the latest game, he is not the most important character in the series. Imagine the outrage that would have happened if Leaf from Fire Emblem: Thracia 766 got in instead of Marth in Melee just because he was the latest protagonist of Fire Emblem before Melee's release. Marth got in because he was important to the Fire Emblem series as a whole and was highly requested, not because he was the latest lord. That's why replacing characters because they're irrelevant I find to be flat-out wrong and so do many other people.

So what option do we have left? The only likely one is Isaac. He is the main face of Golden Sun, having appeared in all three games, was the main protagonist of the best received and best selling game in the series, very highly requested, and is relevant. The choices, as fans seem to assume, are not Isaac or Matthew, but rather, Isaac or no new rep.
Sonic Poke said:
Toon Link never, I hate it!
And what exactly does you hating Toon Link make him unlikely? More people prefer to keep him in to get an unique move set then remove him. I hate the idea of Zoroark in SSB4, but that doesn't mean I have the right to dock off likeliness point based off my opinion on Zoroark's inclusion.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You should do that sometime!! Funny, this is the first time I even seen your SIG, it's cute.
That is actually the shrunken version. Had to shrink it so I could keep my links in my signature. You lose the ability to see the detail in it.

There is a new signature I made for a competition on this board. I'd LOOOOVE to show it but I cannot yet. :(

Also, Iblisx, send me the pic you want.

OmegaXXII

That is actually the shrunken version. Had to shrink it so I could keep my links in my signature. You lose the ability to see the detail in it.

There is a new signature I made for a competition on this board. I'd LOOOOVE to show it but I cannot yet. :(
Hey, not bad, I might be requesting a new avi soon, but i'll have to earn it like Iblis. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, not bad, I might be requesting a new avi soon, but i'll have to earn it like Iblis. :)
Yeah, just give me some time. I'm a little graphically burned out, so Iblisx will probably be my last request for a little bit.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"最強なのよ!" Is all you need to know.

That Fox's fur makes me want to sneeze. So bright. So super. So Saiyan.

Has anyone stopped to think just how good Sm4sh is going to look? So good.

OmegaXXII

I have not doubt that is will be the most spectacular looking Smash yet, also how about showing that Ridley moveset you have.

OmegaXXII

Dumb 502 Bad Gateway :glare:

So..I soo want to see how the characters will handle, and possibly Final Smashes, weren't you opposed by the idea?

OmegaXXII

^^ That is FAKE!! Everybody on here knows about it!!

Development hasn't even started yet, it won't start until October 2011, I have to admit though I kinda fell for it back then. :/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
THIS GUY!!

I miss all the 4 chan calling, scrubs, n00bs, saying alot of dumb stuff, clearly this guy was one of them.
Yeah, lol! I love noobs. They make me feel even smarter than all those smart people who I outsmart make me feel smarter.

Do you remember that one guy who was anti-everything? He made that anti-Lucario thread! He argued that because HE felt the original 151 Pokémon were better. What was his name?

What could that be??, you got me very curious son!!

And we all know Sakurai is young, at first id imagined him to be as old looking as Iwata, with mustache and all. :laugh:
You're about to see. I have developed a few theories and ideas about what Sakurai has done from game to game, consistent trends, and constant character addition theories (spoiler alert: Waluigi is too insignificant for SSB4!).

Obviously it won't be perfect, but I think my guesses were pretty accurate last time (I only missed ROB, the Pokémon Trainer, and Snake).

OmegaXXII

Hey i'm not sure either. But this is official if you look at strife in your local dictionary. >_>
TRUST ME! That is FAKE, it's a good photoshopped image, but be happy though, at least the rumor of Smash 4 is true so look forward to it. :)

@Iblis: Now I'm jealous :glare:

OmegaXXII

Yeah, lol! I love noobs. They make me feel even smarter than all those smart people who I outsmart make me feel smarter.

Do you remember that one guy who was anti-everything? He made that anti-Lucario thread! He argued that because HE felt the original 151 Pokémon were better. What was his name?
Yea man, as for the guy I forgot, but I remember he created an Anti-Ridley Thread as well, it was so hilarious, but this time though that's all about to change, i'm very hopeful to playing as Ridley this time around

You're about to see. I have developed a few theories and ideas about what Sakurai has done from game to game, consistent trends, and constant character addition theories (spoiler alert: Waluigi is too insignificant for SSB4!).

Obviously it won't be perfect, but I think my guesses were pretty accurate last time (I only missed ROB, the Pokémon Trainer, and Snake).
Well if that's the case then I can't wait to find out what it will be, make it a good read though. ;) FYI, no one expected ROB to be playable.

I'm not jealous though :awesome:
I can clearly see why you aren't. :woman:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dragon Quest can't be that popular if I haven't played it. :troll:
Trolling as usual my friend. :cool:

There is a lot of flack I receive for my opinion and I have been called stupid for it. But there are very real reason why I consider this the second best choice. Nintendo as a company has taken an interest in expanding this series and taken unprecedented steps in publishing and advertising this series in the West. THEY are the one's keeping this series close to them, it was Satoru Iwata who made the statement that Nintendo would seek to expand the series. Intelligent Systems, a Nintendo subsidiary company, developed the DSiWare title "Dragon Quest Wars". Which is impressive as this is one of very few times that Nintendo actually developed a title for a third party franchise. The have published Dragon Quest IX, VI; and will soon be publishing X, Joker 2, Rocket Slime 2 and Fortune Street. Which the last one I want to discuss a moment.

Fortune Street is a cross over title between Mario and the Dragon Quest universe. There are only three games where Mario has crossed over with other universes; Super Smash Bros, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, and Fortune Street (the DS version having only been published Japan). This fact alone is extraordinary when you think about it for a moment. Nintendo's relationship with this series is long (read up on the early Dragon 'Warrior' NES days) and is why I consider it the best 4th choice. It is enormous in Japan, becoming a little more widely known overseas (Fortune Street will probably help that if advertised correctly), and the very atmosphere would fit well into the Smash Bros universe.
STOOPID STOOPID STOOPID! (kidding! :laugh:) It's a possibility if Mega Man is as in as he sounds, but I still think Pac-Man may have an edge. Pac-Man is still one of the most well-known video game characters and games of all-time, and also has had crossovers with Nintendo. I think his international popularity and Shigeru Miyamoto's love (and Nintendo's love as well) for the character, the game, and the company I think gives Pac-Man an edge. I would love to see a Dragon Quest character (Slime specifically), but I have a hard time seeing a 4th 3rd-party character that isn't begged in, isn't Tails (I have a feeling he has a chance, and he would be a great addition... if he shuts his mouth!), or Pac-Man. But hey...there could always be 5! You never know with Sakurai... that's the beauty of it! :)

For realz. They should go from smash 64 to melee to brawl to SSB Wii U graphics. That would be epic if it topped the previous games' graphical revolutionary powers.

I still like the title Super Smash Bros. Irish Drunken Bar Fight! :grin: :laugh: :chuckle:

But Conflict, Clash, and Beatdown would be awesome names!

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of veterans unlockable, these are what I think should be unlocked in SSB4:

- Ganondorf
- Yound/Toon Link
- R.O.B.
- Falco
- Wolf
- Lucario
- Ike
- Lucas
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Snake
- Sonic

I mostly agree with this. Personally I think one of the Star Fox characters other than Fox can become available at start.

It would be a bad move to make a game for nintendo's all stars exclusively nintendo characters? The third parties could have quite possibly been 1-time guests sorry =/
What is there for me to be sorry about when I said I wouldn't mind third-party character being gone? =/

Heck, I'd support getting rid of third-party characters if it meant returning Smash Bros. to it's origins as a fighting game for Nintendo characters.

However, the third-party characters are extremely popular, and their presence does greatly help sales, no matter if royalties need to be paid for their existence - I'm pretty sure Brawl's sales completely paid off those royalties, and quickly at that. So for those reasons, I'm expecting them in SSB4 and will act like I expect them.

I was happy to see a previous iteration of my roster pop up a few pages back! Figured I should release my next version seeing as I've refined it even more.

Notable Changes:
- Tom Nook has been removed, seeing as if they didn't want him in Brawl even when Resetti and Smashville were involved, it's probably a deliberate choice rather than simply not realizing the option.
- Wolf is back instead of Krystal. Added Toon Link as it's clear Sakurai wants him there, given Toon Zelda was also considered.
- Dropped Black Shadow, Lyn.
- Replace Megaman Volnut with classic.
Good job with the changes. Your roster is much more viable now and I would say personally that it's very good. I'd be completely satisfied if that turned out to be the roster for SSB4.

BTW, what program do you use to make your roster images?

Which is why I say that the best franchises to make an appearance in Smash Bros are Metal Gear Solid, Sonic The Hedgehog, Megaman, and Dragon Quest. There are reasons I keep listing those four franchises, and not just because I "favor" them.

**reasons**
I agree completely. Personally I think Professor Layton has as good of a chance as Slime for a fourth 3rd-party spot, but that's just my gut feeling (and perhaps my fanboyism).

OMG!!! You actually included the Black knight and Ray MK!! This roster is the best :cool:

I'm not too sure about Tingle, but he would definetle be a good WTF character, Dog Hunt Dog is also a great choice as a WTF!

I honestly don't see starfy making it, but I could be wrong, hopefully I am though.
I could see Tingle as a WTF character, but not a "What the ****?!?". Rather, he'd be a:

"Why the **** is this idiot in the game?!?" - Quote from Future Smash Board Poster Who is Either a Tingle Hater or Troll

As for Duck Hunt Dog, he'd also be a good retro character, but for a WTF character, you have to think outside the box to guess him/her, and Duck Hunt Dog isn't an "outside the box" character.

Well guys, looks like the title card is official.
Nope, not official.

However, I think the title would be perfect for the new game. I remember someone on the old SSB4 Discussion thread saying what each game subtitle reminds him of:
  • Melee - Controlled fight with set rules
  • Brawl - Chaotic fight with no control
  • Strife - Violent fight to the death
If SSB4 is the last game in the series in a while, Strife is the perfect subtitle for it IMO.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Clash = strife. I don't think the title is fake at all. Nintendo uses smart words.
Though they should remodel the title.

all of these certain "clues" makes me want to make a time machine.

And wait a minute. Don't you guys think the caracter roster could mostly be the video game protagonists and antagonists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom