• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why would they make a title before starting development, to makes things worse the title screen was "release" before even Sakurai knew he was making SSB4. Remember the whole thing was surprise to him or he would actually have a team together now.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Clash = strife. I don't think the title is fake at all. Nintendo uses smart words.
Though they should remodel the title.

all of these certain "clues" makes me want to make a time machine.

And wait a minute. Don't you guys think the caracter roster could mostly be the video game protagonists and antagonists?
Nope, regardless of what it looks like, it's a FAKE!!!!

A good photoshooper did this, no doubt that it looks good but this image was clearly before 2011, like iblis said the development would have been working on it as of now if that screen were true.

Bottom line, don't listen to people who say it's true because they are lying!!

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Why would they make a title before starting development, to makes things worse the title screen was "release" before even Sakurai knew he was making SSB4. Remember the whole thing was surprise to him or he would actually have a team together now.
This.

Reposting this in case anyone is interested.

I’m writing a script for my ideal SSB4 opening. It comes in two versions; one “normal” version that plays if the player has not unlocked every collectible in the game (that includes characters, stages, music, trophies, stickers, etc.), and a “full” version that only plays once all collectibles have been unlocked.

The following songs are cued throughout this script.

Melee Opening (Smashing… Live! Version)

Brawl Theme

Super Smash Bros. Opening

The reason all three songs are used is because the ideal cinematic I have for SSB4 would include a merge of the Melee and Brawl themes, with elements of the original SSB overture at points. This would be done with, of course, a newly-composed song for SSB4. It would be composed so that the parts of all these songs merge together in a beautiful and coherent manner.

Below is an incomplete script for the “full” version of the opening cinematic.

[COLLAPSE=SSB4 Opening Cinematic Script]Melee Opening – 0:00 – 0:20 (alternatively, SSB Opening 0:00 – 0:15)

The screen dimly lights up (in a dark blue hue) and reveals a trophy display case. The case is empty but for one trophy – Mario.

Master Hand moves out in front of the screen from behind. He grabs the Mario trophy and takes it out, closing the case behind him.

The camera pans to the right as Master Hand moves towards a dimly-lit row of trophies in the distance. The trophies in order from left to right are:

Luigi, Marth, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, (empty space), Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Fox, Ness, Jigglypuff

The camera focuses in on Master Hand with the Mario trophy as Master Hand moves towards an empty space between Kirby and Link. Gently, Master Hand positions Mario in the empty space. He tilts him slightly forward and flies backwards out behind the camera. The camera zooms out to reveal the entire row of trophies. In the background, one can see silhouettes of what appear to be additional trophies, but the background is hazy and dark so nothing can really be made out.

The camera darkens to a black screen. The Nintendo and Sora Ltd. logos pop up – Nintendo on top, Sora at bottom. Between the logos and below, the words “and” and “present…” appear respectively in basic white font.

The logos and words fade out.

Melee Opening – 0:21 – 0:26

The camera lights up and is positioned far behind the first row of trophies at slightly above ground level. Light enters the room from a distant sunrise rising over mountain peaks. The light shines over the trophies, revealing they are located on a rock island in a sea of water with the mountains and sun in the distance. (Think the setting of the first few seconds of the Brawl opening)

As the room lights up it reveals two more rows of trophies behind the first row. You see these trophies from the backside as with the first row.

Melee Opening – 0:26 – 0:29

The camera changes to a view in front of the trophies from roughly half the height of the distant mountain peaks and sunrise. From the front, the light now reveals the faces of the trophies in the back rows.

Melee Opening – 0:29

The camera suddenly zooms in on the Mario trophy as it emits a blue, firey aura around itself. (Think of the similar sequence in the Melee opening)

Melee Opening – 0:30

The screen turns black. Writing in the bottom-left corner; “Nintendo’s All-Stars In”

Melee Opening – 0:31 – 0:33

Mario transforms as in the Melee opening. The camera is still focused on Mario, but is zoomed in on him than in the Melee opening. In the background and far sides, you can see the other characters transforming as well.

Melee Opening – 0:33 – 0:37

Mario is completely transformed from a trophy into a living being. The camera changes to a more zoomed-out position from a left angle to show both Mario and the six closest trophies in his row (Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong) as they enter cool battle poses (imagine them as whatever you like).

Melee Opening – 0:37

A clawed foot stomps on the ground in front of the screen. Mario and his row of trophies are completely in battle poses now.

Melee Opening – 0:38 – 0:40

The camera turns around to a right angle onto Bowser and a separate group of characters having transformed from trophies into living beings. This group of trophies contains all of the villain characters in SSB4, although it’s not just villains (Lucas, for example, is in this group). Visible in front of the camera showing off their battle poses are Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, King Dedede, King K. Rool, and Zoroark. This sequence is in slight slow-motion.

Melee Opening – 0:41 – 0:43

Camera changes angle to the space in-between the two groups of characters from the right side of the original trophy row. Now the characters from each side dash to the opposing side and charge up their attacks. For example, Mario jumps out with a fireball in the palm of his hand (similar to his forward smash) while Bowser prepares to swipe his claws at Mario. As they prepare to attack, the camera enters slow-motion (as in the Melee opening battle between Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu).

Brawl Theme – 0:05 – 0:06

Audi famam…

The character are still about to attack and still moving in slow-motion, but a flash of light from the distance between the characters begins to flood the camera until all that can be seen is bright golden light.

Brawl Theme – 0:06 – 0:31

… illius.
Solus in hostes ruit
et patriam servavit.
Audi famam illius.
Cucurrit quaeque
tetigit destruens.

This part of the cinematic would recycle Adventure Mode cutscenes. (I know some people didn’t like that in Brawl’s opening, but it saves the developers time and money. And don’t fear – it is only at given parts that Adventure Mode cinematics are recycled. The rest of the cinematic would use original footage as I describe it.)

Melee Opening – 0:44 – 0:57

(Under construction)

Musical Note – The song will transition from the Brawl vocal part into the second segment of Melee’s theme.

Melee Opening – 0:58 – 1:12
Brawl Theme – 0:32 – 0:44 (Vocals Only)

Audi famam illius
Audi famam illius

(Under construction)

Musical Note – This section of the cinematic merges the second segment of the Melee opening theme with vocals from the Brawl theme. Parts might have to be changed to allow this; the main french horn part in this part of the Melee theme would probably be removed to emphasize the vocals, as well as the transition-bringing woodwinds.

Brawl Theme – 0:44 – 1:09
Spes omnibus, mihi quoque.
Terror omnibus, mihi quoque.
Ille
iuxta me.

(Under construction)[/COLLAPSE]

That's all for now. I'll see if I can finish this by the end of this week.

D

Deleted member

@JavaCroc: What do you think of this prediction roster? Also, repost it when it's finished, you have my attention.
TokyoGamer7 said:
Well guys, looks like the title card is official.
That image has been proven false. Strife may still be the name, but it is by no means confirmed. I think Clash is much more likely.
Johnknight1 said:
It's a possibility if Mega Man is as in as he sounds, but I still think Pac-Man may have an edge. Pac-Man is still one of the most well-known video game characters and games of all-time, and also has had crossovers with Nintendo. I think his international popularity and Shigeru Miyamoto's love (and Nintendo's love as well) for the character, the game, and the company I think gives Pac-Man an edge. I would love to see a Dragon Quest character (Slime specifically), but I have a hard time seeing a 4th 3rd-party character that isn't begged in, isn't Tails (I have a feeling he has a chance, and he would be a great addition... if he shuts his mouth!), or Pac-Man. But hey...there could always be 5! You never know with Sakurai... that's the beauty of it!
You have a point their, but Namco characters get very little demand and Pac-Man is not incredibly relevant to the gaming world anymore like he was back in the day.

As for a fourth one begged in, we could see Travis Touchdown get in that way, although his chances are poor due to his obscurity.

I remember back in the early SSB4 speculation days that people predicted not only Mega Man and Geno, but also Bomberman, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, and more Sonic reps. Now the attention has turn towards Mega Man, Geno, Travis Touchdown, Slime, and Ryu Hayabusa.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Super Smash Bros. Scuffle would be an adorable name for the portable.

Maybe it should be noted that Smash has had different names in the Japanese versions.
of course there was Smash 64.
Melee was DX (Deluxe)
Brawl was X (Cross, as in the crossover with third-party companies)

Maybe they'll think up synonyms for "fight" that have to do with sharing your 3DS characters on the WiiU, and building up your character on the 3DS.

I hope the name can still be used like "Hey man, wanna play some Melee/Brawl?" Hopefully nothing too goofy like "Wanna play some Fracas?" "Ready for some Rumpus?" "Can't wait to play Tiff/Tussle/Quarrel!"

OmegaXXII

I could see Tingle as a WTF character, but not a "What the ****?!?". Rather, he'd be a:

"Why the **** is this idiot in the game?!?" - Quote from Future Smash Board Poster Who is Either a Tingle Hater or Troll

As for Duck Hunt Dog, he'd also be a good retro character, but for a WTF character, you have to think outside the box to guess him/her, and Duck Hunt Dog isn't an "outside the box" character..
I didn't mean it that way lol.. I just meant that he would shock everyone if Tingle were to be playable, do you honestly think to see him as the 5th Zelda rep? I wouldn't expect him, but would be shocked if he did IMO.

Duck Hunt Dog is definetly a good retro character, but clearly like Game & Watch he isnt expected so much as opposed to a character like Takamaru or Little Mac, hell even Starman might appear, yes I said it lol..

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone can have this if they want. This was just me messing around.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@JavaCroc: What do you think of this prediction roster? Also, repost it when it's finished, you have my attention.

You have a point their, but Namco characters get very little demand and Pac-Man is not incredibly relevant to the gaming world anymore like he was back in the day.

As for a fourth one begged in, we could see Travis Touchdown get in that way, although his chances are poor due to his obscurity.

I remember back in the early SSB4 speculation days that people predicted not only Mega Man and Geno, but also Bomberman, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, and more Sonic reps. Now the attention has turn towards Mega Man, Geno, Travis Touchdown, Slime, and Ryu Hayabusa.
First, regarding third-party characters:

It's interesting how people's choices for third-party characters change over time. During Brawl's pre-release, I saw Bomberman and Pac-Man as the most popular reps for a third 3rd-party spot. Now it seems that has changed to Slime and Travis Touchdown. The only consistently popular third-party characters to this day that didn't get in Brawl are Megaman and Geno.

Second, regarding the roster:

As a prediction roster, it's great - one of the better I've seen. Personally, I can see another retro character or new franchise character thrown in and just generally a few more characters, but it's a reasonable roster that I can see happening in SSB4.

I didn't mean it that way lol.. I just meant that he would shock everyone if Tingle were to be playable, do you honestly think to see him as the 5th Zelda rep? I wouldn't expect him, but would be shocked if he did IMO.

Duck Hunt Dog is definetly a good retro character, but clearly like Game & Watch he isnt expected so much as opposed to a character like Takamaru or Little Mac, hell even Starman might appear, yes I said it lol..
I wouldn't be too surprised if I saw Tingle or any fifth Zelda rep. Although it's unlikely, I do think Zelda has a chance to score another rep in SSB4.

Starman is an example of a true WTF character; few ever suggest him (you are one of the exceptions ;)). For a Nintendo WTF character, I could see Mr. Stevenson or Jiro or Tin Star or any number of possibilities as WTF in nature. I don't have a list of what I consider WTF characters in front of me, but those three come off the top of my head (as well as Tetris Block, but he's third-party, so I don't include him).

Super Smash Bros. Scuffle would be an adorable name for the portable.
Scuffle would be great for the 3DS version, although I feel that the games will share the same name. Clash rhymes with Smash, so it sounds kind of awkward in my mind, so I'd see Strife or Rumble as more likely for an SSB4 name.

Wow, I'm now predicting the subtitle for SSB4. Great.

I hope they don't tack on a U in some way to the SSB4 name because it's on Wii U, or I'm going to have punch someone in the face.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Say. Shall we talk about Adventure Mode?? I'm predicting they could make a new enemy that threats to end the nintendo universe. or Maybe Subspace emissary: tabuu's revenge?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People predicted ROB, no one predicted Snake.
It was well known that Hideo Kojima wanted Snake in Melee, but he asked Sakurai too late, so it was actually very predictable. Pokémon Trainer... only a chosen few saw him coming.

Anyone else remember that the roster got leaked months ahead of time? I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. Last time people debated the 45 character roster vs the 39 REAL roster (obviously we all wanted the latter!).

Yea man, as for the guy I forgot, but I remember he created an Anti-Ridley Thread as well, it was so hilarious, but this time though that's all about to change, i'm very hopeful to playing as Ridley this time around
I'm not as hopeful as last time, but I'm more optimistic. With two consoles and two games, his chances have increased substantially. You know who else is a sleeper cell? Samurai Goroh. If F-Zero is getting another major title or another surge in popularity, it could happen. One of my basic theories is that one or more Assist Trophy character or boss in Brawl will be playable (probably more).

Well if that's the case then I can't wait to find out what it will be, make it a good read though. ;) FYI, no one expected ROB to be playable.[/QUOTE]

My basic theories are this:
1. Characters that were previously considered in all past smash games, especially ones who just missed the cut, were AT's (Samurai Goroh, Little Mac, Stafy, Tingle [let us pray to God not!], Custom Robo, and Issac), bosses (Ridley), background characters (Tail?) or especially had data of a character (Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda and Toon Tetra, Mach Rider, Bubbles from Clu-Clu Land, and Balloon Fighter) will be considered 5 times as much as any past characters in Brawl. This includes possibly Roy, but especially Mewtwo (who could use hitboxes!).

2. Tails (I wish Knuckles, too :(), Pac-Man, Slime, Mega Man, and any begged in major 3rd party characters that are flagship characters for a company or studio are the only ones with chances.

3. There will be tons of WTF characters; possibly more on the DS (I got a feeling, but I'm not betting on it).

4. There will be at least 8 retro characters (Melee and Brawl combined had 6).

5. At least 4 new franchises will be represented, but no more than 8. Golden Sun? Mega Man? Pac-Man? Punch-Out!!?? Dragon Quest? Who knows?

6. At least two characters that were Melee-exclusive or seriously considered in previous smash games will be in either game. (this is an expansion of point 1)

7. Constant Nintendo characters like Toad, Bowser Jr, Ridley, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Krystal, etc will be considered.

8. There will be no more than 3 new 3rd party characters.

9. Snake and Sonic will return, as will all characters in two or more smash games, and all or nearly all the Brawl newcomers (I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say all original characters are permanent in the series, Mewtwo aside [I hope he returns]).

10. There will be a 5th gen Pokémon character. It's a lock.

11. At least 3 franchises will get new reps, but no more than 6.

12. Sakurai will find a new way to shock us with a character selection! Accept it!

13. There will be at least 45 characters on Smash Bros. Wii U, and if there are exclusive characters on Smash Bros. 3DS, there will be over 50 (going way out on a limb!).

Where did I come with my numbers? I followed patterns by Sakurai, and I think I got a feel for it. Hopefully I'm right about over 50 characters.

OmegaXXII

Say. Shall we talk about Adventure Mode?? I'm predicting they could make a new enemy that threats to end the nintendo universe. or Maybe Subspace emissary: tabuu's revenge?
I'm hoping they'll including some bosses like Medusa for example, she would be a perfect boss, but later on be unlockable but balanced for play of course.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
My first day of football practice was terrible!Not like I sux terrible but OMG WTF terrible.The people were nice but the drills!The ****ing drills!Today was my first day and they did extra for nothing!My whole body aches.Tomorrow will be hella worse. -_-

On topic:Guys,dotcha think we should wait until more info comes out or at least until they begin production to talk about indepth stuff like storyline.The story mode could be anything?
[?]"Master Hand's Master Plan,FTW[/?]

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Oh God, I pray to you that Sakurai and his team do not bring back those generic, uninspired, faceless, disappointing, ridiculous, and unnecessary Subspace enemies for another game.

Yah, I didn't like them. ;) I'd prefer real Nintendo locations and enemies for the next game please.

In terms of Adventure Mode, Oasis had a good idea regarding it earlier when we were discussing character exclusivity; what if Adventure Mode is on both the Wii U and 3DS, but neither are alike?

If this happens, I'd like the Adventure Modes to be made like this:
  • 3DS: Less "fancy" with less story and cinematics, but is replayable and more non-linear; similar to Melee's Adventure Mode.
  • Wii U: More fancy with more flashy cinematics, but is more linear and less replayable; similar to Brawl's SSE mode.

What do you guys think?

OmegaXXII

On topic:Guys,dotcha think we should wait until more info comes out or at least until they begin production to talk about indepth stuff like storyline.The story mode could be anything?
Haha, I like how you keep suggesting Master Hand's Master Plan, that reminded me of Aqua Teen HF lol,...

I believe the'll probably and hopefully play a bigger role rather than just Classic mode or events, heck we might even get a 3rd component.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I will make one announcement, I won't be doing a Golden Sun stage concept. I have absolutely zero familiarity with the series, so I have no clue what are iconic locations or music. Had a hard enough time doing one for Starfy, but at least with him I had a theme I could go with. Golden Sun, not so much... So I'm going to have to pass on that one.

Also, who did that Rotohex stage?

OmegaXXII

SoRry lol.. I just had to Say iT.

GoKu woulD whoOp Megaman 100x oVer if hE beCame a SupEr saiYan!! No ChanCe!!
Sorry to say this but Goku doesn't stand a chance against Megaman when it comes to SSB4 inclusion, just face it and accept it!!, and quit writing so horrible, learn to write, everybody else does. :glare:

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Good job with the changes. Your roster is much more viable now and I would say personally that it's very good. I'd be completely satisfied if that turned out to be the roster for SSB4.

BTW, what program do you use to make your roster images?
Ah, glad you like it! Yeah, it's gone through a lot of iterations and me mulling over what's precedented. At times you just gotta cut who you know really won't make it (Skull Kid, Tom Nook, Tails, Black Shadow, etc.) and put in who you're bettin' on. I'm more recently paying attention to Dragon Quest as an addition for the logical reasons brought up here. I don't like to predict third-parties lightly.

I just use Adobe Photoshop. I took an Brawl select screen and did some template stuff. After that it's doing some drop-shadow and outer glow to make it look nice n' easy.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to say this but Goku doesn't stand a chance against Megaman when it comes to SSB4 inclusion, just face it and accept it!!, and quit writing so horrible, learn to write, everybody else does. :glare:
http://********/images/xzibit-yo-dawg/yo-dawg-i-herd-u-mad-u-mad.jpg

yea!! :troll:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My first day of football practice was terrible!Not like I sux terrible but OMG WTF terrible.The people were nice but the drills!The ****ing drills!Today was my first day and they did extra for nothing!My whole body aches.Tomorrow will be hella worse. -_-

So you playing DB or wideout?

Story we can talk about now: forget Brawl's story. To hell with it. Burn it. Destroy it. Get ride of the Subspace World. Have all the dang gameplay take place in the characters' universes. Troubles in Mushroom Kingdom with Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Wario? Let's see the Mario Bros, Yoshi, Solid Snake, Pit, and Ike smack 'em around!

I'm hoping they'll including some bosses like Medusa for example, she would be a perfect boss, but later on be unlockable but balanced for play of course.
That would be awesome. Ridley, Rayquaza, and Porky were great bosses. The other generic bosses were lame. I want bosses I know, not a bunch of awful wanna be Kirby bosses. Andross, Krusha, Ganon, The Dark Knight, Gray Fox, Claus, Dr. Eggman, Medusa, etc would be EPIC! You know what else would be epic? Fighting Team Wolfen, Metal Gear Rex or Ray, or F-Zero racers... in their friggen vehicles! That would be so awesome to fight. I would pay just for that!

Nintendo has TOO MUCH to work with!

Oh God, I pray to you that Sakurai and his team do not bring back those generic, uninspired, faceless, disappointing, ridiculous, and unnecessary Subspace enemies for another game.
Please, oh please God, let you be right!

Those enemies were dumb. Let us face actual Nintendo characters. Toads, Koopas, Goombas, Like Likes, Helmet Heads (LOZ), the Crocodiles from DKC, Space Pirates, Metroids, Team Wolfen, a bunch of wild Pokémon, demons (Kid Icarus), enemy soldiers (Fire Emblem), new age retro hippies (from EarthBound!), Starmen (EarthBound series), the inhabitants of the planet in Pikmin, Polar Bears, enemy spaceships (Star Fox), pirate ships (LOZ), enemy ROBs, evil Game and Watches (again!), boos, Metal Gears... too many enemies to explain!

If this happens, I'd like the Adventure Modes to be made like this:
  • 3DS: Less "fancy" with less story and cinematics, but is replayable and more non-linear; similar to Melee's Adventure Mode.
  • Wii U: More fancy with more flashy cinematics, but is more linear and less replayable; similar to Brawl's SSE mode.

What do you guys think?

• As long as the story isn't as lame as last time, it's good. There could be no story, there could be a lot of story. Whatever works... works! If we have cutscenes, though, make 'em interesting! This is Mario meeting Solid Snake! Not boring Master Chief meeting his clone! What more do you need to work with to make an entertaining story? There is literally millions of letters of fan fiction dedicated to how awesome this concept is!

Inb4Johnknight1rape
    How did you know I planned to **** all of you through my long walls of text? I thought I was being secretive and seductive... :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I suggested this pre-Brawl, but I'd like to see a mode similar to all-star mode, BUT WITH A FEW KEY DIFFERENCES. One, it takes place on only one stage, probably Final Destination (or your choosing). It's a 1v1 mode where you face the roster over and over again, but only one character at a time. The order in which you face the whole roster is different each time you play, but while playing it cycles through the same pattern that was generated for that play session (if you manage to get that far!). KNOWING SAKURAI, items would probably appear regardless (wish you could turn them off in single-player), but not healing items. You would receive a Maximum Tomato after defeating... Maybe 3 or 5 characters.

Oh, and there wouldn't be a handicap on. Opponents would play like a normal character. No One-Hit Knockouts!

Most importantly, there is no stop to it. Nothing announcing your score or which character comes next. It's just one character after another. I suppose your next opponent would be loading while fighting your current opponent.

HOPEFULLY THAT MADE SENSE, but I think a mode like that would be a lot of fun, as well as challenging. I think things like that are usually called "Survival mode."

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What we should be doing

My reaction

http://********/images/xzibit-yo-dawg/yo-dawg-i-herd-u-mad-u-mad.jpg

yea!! :troll:
This horrible not only do go green and recycle your joke. It's your only trump card because you know you are wrong LOL

^^ BUT GUESS WHAT!!

I was thinking about that one before good ****.

I got him pictured though

Inb4Christhreatenstogetmeinfractedonagamingsite LOL

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
What we should be doing

My reaction

This horrible not only do go green and recycle your joke. It's your only trump card because you know you are wrong LOL

I was thinking about that one before good ****.

I got him pictured though

Inb4Christhreatenstogetmeinfractedonagamingsite LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom