• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
How many characters are you expecting for SSB4? Because if it's in the mid-40s, trust me, that isn't low. If anyone has low expectations, it's ChronoBound. He's expecting 40 slots at most. Not that I have a problem with people not expecting much.

If it's like Melee's Adventure Mode, it won't take up much space, maybe a gig at best. Plus if they compress it, we can easily see a mid-40s roster occurring. But as it is, I think the 3DS adventure mode will be as big if not moreso then SSE and I don't think Sakurai will take the time to compress the 3DS version considering he didn't do much of any compressing in Brawl.
I'm personally expecting between 46 and 49 characters as the range that the Brawl roster will be. It could go lower, and it could go higher, but I see the chances of those numbers as less likely.

I have a bad feeling that the SSB4 team (it's probably not entirely Sakurai's fault) will once again leave most data uncompressed. I was surprised that they barely compressed or streamlined anything in Brawl, so I'm worried that space issues could occur during SSB4's development (at least on the 3DS version) due to lack of compression.

Don't say it!! You will give somebody the idea!! I gotta admit he would be a good WTF character.
Too late! Captain Rainbow for Brawl! :awesome:

Ehh, I don't really want him, but he really would/i] be a darn good "WTF?!?" character.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I agree. I'm not good at making rosters because my characters are already in previous installments and Capcom already reaching out for Megaman basically solves it for me.

If I were to ever post a roster, it would cause mass choas and destruction.

D

Deleted member

My range, if universal roster does not happen, is 44 to 49 slots.

I just noticed something. As fans, we may have been able to contribute indirectly to the SSB4's roster by helping King K. Rool's, Dixie Kong's, and Geno's chances by clamoring for their inclusion in spin-off games. Sadly, we didn't really think of this in time, because it may have made a difference. I guess for SSB5 we need to take a more active approach towards getting them in games to increase their chances for that game. But then again, that's just a suggestion of mine.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I agree. I'm not good at making rosters because my characters are already in previous installments and Capcom already reaching out for Megaman basically solves it for me.

If I were to ever post a roster, it would cause mass choas and destruction.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Inb4Gatlinfindsoutaboutthis..

@Starphoenix: So, what your next concept as far as stages go?

:phone:
I haven't decided yet, there are three ideas that I keep going back and forth on.

I thought it would be something like Dragon Quest. Or that was the last thing I read he said.
Did one already.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I think the FLUDD Mario needs to change! If you're in the air maybe it will serve as a recovery move, or can be overwritten by whirling galaxy or something!

D

Deleted member

I think the FLUDD Mario needs to change! If you're in the air maybe it will serve as a recovery move, or can be overwritten by whirling galaxy or something!
Or better yet, if they keep it, make the FLUDD actually cause damage.

D

Deleted member

xIblisx, I have an idea. If the poll is Japan-only again, could you try to translate the choices for us so we can vote? We'll make sure other sites get the information so the world can play a part despite the poll being Japan-only.
JavaCroc said:
I have a bad feeling that the SSB4 team (it's probably not entirely Sakurai's fault) will once again leave most data uncompressed. I was surprised that they barely compressed or streamlined anything in Brawl, so I'm worried that space issues could occur during SSB4's development (at least on the 3DS version) due to lack of compression.
That's another one of my worries about SSB4. This is a reason why I think no universal roster in terms of characters/stage is crucial to sales and to the quality of the game.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
-_-..........→-→........character ideas huh?That makes the people who are paid to sit and think of characters jobs a lot easier don't cha think? :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I sense a troll coming.. O_o

Also, screw universal rosters, Sora and Nintendo won't do this if they know what's good for them as far as sales and their fans go.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Does anyone think Captain Rainbow would have a rivalry with Captain Falcon? I think that would be funny.

EDIT: I generally agree with JavaCroc regarding Mario's DownB.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
My ideas for changing Mario as well as Luigi:
  • Mario: Get rid of the FLUDD and replace it with the Luma spin attack from Galaxy. It can be made different from Luigi's Cyclone (no "suck in, keep, and release" effect to it, for example; just basic, good upwards knockback).
  • Luigi: Make his grabs use the Poltergust to suck in and shoot out opponents. This would replace the only full group of moves that Mario and Luigi still share, and would work better than replacing his Luigi Cyclone.

OmegaXXII

Yea man, if anybody needed a change it should have been Luigi, a vacuum would have been alright seeing how he got Luigi's Mansion and all.

Mario's FLUDD could be replaced with either a short Metal transformation from SM64 or a variation of his tornado.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Yea man, if anybody needed a change it should have been Luigi, a vacuum would have been alright seeing how he got Luigi's Mansion and all.

Mario's FLUDD could be replaced with either a short Metal transformation from SM64 or a variation of his tornado.

Absolutely agreed, especially considering the Luigi's Mansion sequel has been announced. I think Sakurai will really consider Luigi's Poltergust now.

A Metal transformation would be interesting; allows the player to change the way he plays Mario temporarily with more weight and faster falling speed.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
I hope you guys aren't going to hold Sakurai on that "No anime" rule,just sayian. :awesome:

@Java Croc Strange,I saw that first Mario idea on the SSB4 Wiki o_0

OmegaXXII

Hmmm an air tether grab. Could he use the vacuum to grab the stage too?
Sure, if you consider it sort of like Link's hook or Samus's grab, but I guess it would hold different properties.

@Chris:No Anime!! They are cool, but face it, Sakurai doesn't want them for Smash, would be interesting though as it would truly shock everybody but I REALLY doubt it.

OmegaXXII

Absolutely agreed, especially considering the Luigi's Mansion sequel has been announced. I think Sakurai will really consider Luigi's Poltergust now.

A Metal transformation would be interesting; allows the player to change the way he plays Mario temporarily with more weight and faster falling speed.
So that's what Luigi's Vacuum is called eh? Interesting, I could definetly see it happen, plus a different Final Smash wouldn't hurt at all.

As for that Mario idea, it would be grat to have it as a great powerup, but of course you wouldn't also be able to spam the move immediatly after using it, but it would be useful nonetheless.

I believe both of those moves would greatly distance both Mario and Luigi as far as "Luigified" goes.

D

Deleted member

Also, screw universal rosters, Sora and Nintendo won't do this if they know what's good for them as far as sales and their fans go.

Exactly. There is no benefit to be had with universal roster, all it'll cause is disappointment in all fans except the most pessimistic ones.
My ideas for changing Mario as well as Luigi:
  • Mario: Get rid of the FLUDD and replace it with the Luma spin attack from Galaxy. It can be made different from Luigi's Cyclone (no "suck in, keep, and release" effect to it, for example; just basic, good upwards knockback).
  • Luigi: Make his grabs use the Poltergust to suck in and shoot out opponents. This would replace the only full group of moves that Mario and Luigi still share, and would work better than replacing his Luigi Cyclone.
I agree with this idea entirely. Mario and Luigi would finally be completely unique.
I hope you guys aren't going to hold Sakurai on that "No anime" rule,just sayian. :awesome:
We are. Sakurai isn't going to shock us and bring Goku to Smash. This is a hard and fast rule Sakurai laid down and he will ensure it is not contradicted.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

@Java Croc Strange,I saw that first Mario idea on the SSB4 Wiki o_0
Well, it's a good and probably popular idea, so I'm not surprised to see another site have the same idea.

Anyways, I just realized this: does everyone think Little Mac will show in SSB4 with the more realistic look his Assist Trophy had in Brawl or with the more cartoony look that he had in Wii Punch-Out?

EDIT: However, I will say that all credits for the Luigi idea go to Youtube user pizzamandudeguy. His idea was great. I can't seem to find any of his moveset videos, though. Sorry I hadn't credited him before.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I hope Mac has his Punch-Out!! Wii look and not the AT form. Expecting the ladder is like expecting Pit to have his Melee trophy look. Also, he'd probably have the non cel-shaded look that Toon Link has in Brawl.

OmegaXXII

Does anyone think Captain Rainbow would have a rivalry with Captain Falcon? I think that would be funny.

I have to admit, as much as I hate the idea of getting Captain Rainbow, it would definetly be funny to see those two competing agaisnt each other, lots of lulz. :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hah, I can make a full music list for Megaman using only spinn-off titles!

Megaman: Dr. Wily's Revenge - Wily Stage
Megaman V - Sunstar
Megaman Powered Up - Time Man
Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman Battle Network - Title Theme Medley (actually found one?!)
Megaman Zero - Departure
Megaman Zx Advent - Rockin' On
Megaman Starforce 2 - Boss Theme
Marvel Vs. Capcom - Theme of Megaman
Super Adventure Rockman - Brand New Way
Megaman: The Power Battle - Protoman Ending
Megaman Soccer - Woodman
Megaman Battle and Chase - Through The Air (Quickman's track) (Hey Omega, guess what sounds like Custom Robo?)

Wow... Megaman music is such a pain to choose. The normal themes are bad enough to try and decide.

Also, this remix NEEDS to happen! http://youtu.be/KgTZhVEhDuw

D

Deleted member

Anyways, I just realized this: does everyone think Little Mac will show in SSB4 with the more realistic look his Assist Trophy had in Brawl or with the more cartoony look that he had in Wii Punch-Out?
I think he'll show up with the latter and I hope he does because I think he looks a lot better with that appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom