• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani_

Smash Ace
Bunny Mario from SML2, Pauline maybe? , Prof. Egadd , Dry Bowser, Toadette

edit: pinatas or nokis , wiggler, para goomba/troopa

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
How could you have all those Mario characters without the most iconic Mario enemy of all? :laugh:

Also, you could consider Rawk Hawk from the Paper Mario series, since he's one of few recurring characters in the series not also affiliated with the main Mario series.

Oh, and are those just the characters? I recommend adding some Mario items and perhaps locations (dioramas that could also be used as backdrops in Trophy Hoard?), unless you're already working on those.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'd definitely add E. Gadd. In fact, I'd probably prioritize the series like this:

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad
Bowser Junior
Daisy
Waluigi
E. Gadd
Rosalina

Top 10, imo

Kantrip

Kantplay
So yeah, I think somewhere there should be a cut-off on my list for playable (between Peach and Daisy, most likely), and then under that line should be Assist Trophies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Repsonses:

Kantrip, you have NO IDEA how OCD I am. I get so worked up about who comes first, keeping LM and MRPG character seperate andd whatnot, that I just went with A-Z type listing to keep me from slicing my own head off.

Javacroc, I'm sticking characters FOR NOW. I guess it comes down to, would you rather have goomba, or a character? I mean I already got Toad(s) and Koopa(s)... I'm trying to keep it below 25.

Egadd fo sho, I'm gonna skip Pauline and Bogmire (Sad, I know). I'll THINK about Goomba. He was on the list at some point. Okay. I'll go edit it, and post my next series after that~

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Nice AT list, all I want is Liquid Snake and Team Chaotix is all.
You skimmed, didn't you? :p

It's a normal trophy list, not a list of Assist Trophies. That'd be too many Mario Assist Trophies to handle.

In regards to what I would choose for Mario Assist Trophies, I'd pick:

Goomba
Lakitu
Rosalina
Waluigi
Bowser Jr. (ASSUMING he's not playable)
Paper Mario (ASSUMING he's not playable)
Rawk Hawk (ASSUMING we get Paper Mario as a playable character)

Repsonses:

Javacroc, I'm sticking characters FOR NOW. I guess it comes down to, would you rather have goomba, or a character? I mean I already got Toad(s) and Koopa(s)... I'm trying to keep it below 25.

Egadd fo sho, I'm gonna skip Pauline and Bogmire (Sad, I know). I'll THINK about Goomba. He was on the list at some point. Okay. I'll go edit it, and post my next series after that~
Well, I don't know why you add Shadow Queen Peach, who's from one game, and consider not adding Goomba from multiple games. But that's just me. :p

Kantrip

Kantplay
No worries, Shortie. I realized your list was alphabetical. I just wanted to put Mario characters in my own version of a top 10.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario

1. Birdo
2. Bowser
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Cackletta
5. Daisy
6. Doctor Mario
7. Fawful
8. Geno
9. Hammer Bro
10. King Boo
11. Koopa
12. Lakitu
13. Luigi
14. Mallow
15. Mario
16. Paper Mario
17. Peach
18. Petey Piranha
19. Rosalina and Luma
20. Shadow Queen Peach
21. Smithy
22. Tanookie Suit Mario
23. Toad
24. Toadsworth
25. Waluigi

How do we feel about the 25 Mario characters? (Not Including Yoshi/Wario characters)

Any suggestions? I know I missed someone, so please point some swaps out.

ADD TO LIST:
Egadd
Bogmire (Maybe)
Pauline (Maybe)

Dry Bowser and Toadette are filler, and I already have thing king and Queen of filler (Daisy and Waluigi)
Drop Smithy and add Egadd. You could also get away with dropping Mallow and adding Goomba's.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
WELL SHADOW QUEEN IS GONE NOW. For Egadd. Koopa became Koopas & Goombas. Sorry, No Smithy/Mallow/Geno drops.

[COLLAPSE="Trophy list:"]
Super Mario

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Boswer
5. Birdo
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Cackletta
8. Daisy
9. Doctor Mario
10. Egadd
11. Fawful
12. Geno
13. Hammer Bro
14. King Boo
15. Koopas and Goombas
16. Lakitu
17. Mallow
18. Paper Mario
19. Petey Piranha
20. Rosalina and Luma
21. Smithy
22. Tanookie Suit Mario
23. Toad
24. Toadsworth
25. Waluigi

Pokemon Series:

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Pokemon Trainer Red Blue & Leaf
4. Lucario
5. Darkrai
6. Doexys
7. Gardevoir
8. Hoenn Starters
9. Johto Starters
10. Kanto Starters
11. Lugia
12. Meowth
13. Mew
14. Mewtwo
15. Pachirisu
16. Pichu
17. Sinnoh Starters
18. Suiune
19. Trainers Brandon and May
20. Trainers Dawn, Lucas, and Barry
21. Trainers Gold, Lyra, Krys, and Silver
22. Trainers, Black, White Bianca, and Cheren
23. Unova Starters
24. Victini
25. Zoroark
[/COLLAPSE]

With Pokemon I went: Brawl Playables, past playables, Starters & Trainers, and then two important Pokemon from each Gen.

Pokemon is my thing, I think about it WAY TOO MUCH :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I call doing Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus. :p

Also no Doctor Mario? :(

yani_

Smash Ace
definitely needs more pokemon, how about legendary duos in one trophy per duo lugia/ho-oh groudon/kyogre dialga/palkia zekrom/reshiarm

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I call doing Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus. :p

Also no Doctor Mario? :(
Go ahead~ So long as I see Caeda on that list, I won't complain. Although I think Lyn needs to be on it at this point as well. Doc is there yo.

I'm trying to keep each franchise (Yoshi and Wario get 10) Under 25. Basically, the franchises can either have 10 or 25 characters, your choice. THAT IS, if you're helping ME do MY list.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Hey Shortie, here's a quick draft of lists for Wario and Yoshi, if you don't mind.

Wario
9-Volt & 18-Volt
Ashley
Jimmy T.
Kat & Ana
Mona
Dribble & Spitz
Orbulon
Fronks
Captain Syrup

Yoshi
Kamek
Baby Mario Bros.
Baby Bowser
Misc. Babies (Peach, Donkey Kong, Wario)
Shy Guy
Super Happy Tree???

D

Deleted member

Ideas for DK trophies:
1. Donkey Kong
2. Diddy Kong
3. Dixie Kong
4. Cranky Kong
5. Funky Kong
6. King K. Rool
7. Rambo
8. Tiki Tong
9. Candy Kong
10. Kremlings

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
O.k. it took me a few minutes, but here:

Fire Emblem:
  1. Marth
  2. Caeda
  3. Hardin
  4. Gotoh
  5. Gharnef
  6. Medeus
  7. Tiki
  8. Palla, Catria, and Est
  9. Camus
  10. Alm and Cellica
  11. Sigurd
  12. Celice
  13. Leaf
  14. Roy
  15. Eliwood
  16. Hector
  17. Lyn
  18. Eirika and Ephraim
  19. Ike
  20. Micaiah
  21. Black Knight
  22. Elincia
  23. Soren
  24. Chrome and Liz
  25. Anna

Kid Icarus:
  1. Pit
  2. Palutena
  3. Medusa
  4. Magnus
  5. Eggplant Wizard
  6. Reaper
  7. Dark Pit
  8. Hewdraw
  9. Twinbellows
  10. Orcos

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've got all the lists saved, and I'll finish Yoshi's

But, here's an interestng question. Fire Emblem fans, who would you rather have?

Chrome & Liz OR Roy?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On the topic of small series. There are only a few that approach the popularity of the series that already have playable characters in Smash Bros. These series are Punch-Out, Golden Sun, and Starfy. However, Punch-Out only has Western popularity, Golden Sun seems to be in massive decline (there was a massive drop off in sales from GS2 to GS3 despite the DS having a much larger install base), and Sakurai might not think much of Starfy.

The dropoff in popularity for Golden Sun is the most curious. There have been many who have speculated that much of GS's popularity stemmed from being the first major quality RPG on the Game Boy Advance. The third one pretty much bombed. Camelot's next project is a Mario Tennis for the 3DS. I am curious to see whether they will try to make a fourth Golden Sun for the 3DS. Keep in mind that the team is smaller than it was during the GCN/GBA days.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You don't consider Animal Crossing to be big enough? (Forget about what Sakurai said about AC characters for a second)

Also,

Kirby

1. Kirby
2. King Dedede
3. Meta Knight
4. Adeline
5. Bandana Dee
6. Dark Kirby
7. Dark Matter
8. Daroach
9. Gooey
10. Prince Fluff

Who should I add/pull?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i want to see all of those handheld games on the big screen. Golden Sun, MOTHER 3/Earthbound 2, uhhh.... Ice Climbers. I have some great ideas to reboot Ice Climbers! (hence the Nana avatar, lol)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You don't consider Animal Crossing to be big enough?
Animal Crossing is bigger than many of the franchises that already have playable characters in Smash Bros.

Its problem is though is that Sakurai feels the series should not have a playable character because the series does not lend itself to fighting.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I was wondering about Golden Sun and it's popularity. Good to know.

But how has the Starfy and S&P series been doing?

@Shorts: Add Dyna Blade, Marx, or Whispy Woods, get rid of Dark Kirby and Gooey.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Animal Crossing is bigger than many of the franchises that already have playable characters in Smash Bros.

Its problem is though is that Sakurai feels the series should not have a playable character because the series does not lend itself to fighting.
Yes, I know that. I was just wondering how big you thought it was. Anyways, the more you look at the AC content in Brawl, the more it looks like the Animal Crosser rumor is true... i mean, they had a level (And a symbol) as well as an Assist Trophy. I think it's pretty interesting. I wonder how far along the Animal Crosser idea was?

From what I hear S&P just isn't that popular.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, I was wondering about Golden Sun and it's popularity. Good to know.

But how has the Starfy and S&P series been doing?
The sales to the Starfy series have been in decline in Japan since Starfy 2. Starfy 5 (which was the first internationally released game in the series) was the lowest selling game in the series in Japan, but was a massive seller in North American, selling over 500K copies.

Sin & Punishment has never sold well. S&P2 did worse than even the first one. The first one did around 25K in Japan, while the second one sold below 20K (and keep in mind that the Wii had a far larger userbase than 64 did in Japan).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The sales to the Starfy series have been in decline in Japan since Starfy 2. Starfy 5 (which was the first internationally released game in the series) was the lowest selling game in the series in Japan, but was a massive seller in North American, selling over 500K copies.

Sin & Punishment has never sold well. S&P2 did worse than even the first one. The first one did around 25K in Japan, while the second one sold below 20K (and keep in mind that the Wii had a far larger userbase than 64 did in Japan).
Interesting, well I'm now placing GS, Starfy, and S&P much closer together in my own character chances.

Although is there a record of Virtual Console sales?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Interesting, well I'm now placing GS, Starfy, and S&P much closer together in my own character chances.

Although is there a record of Virtual Console sales?
I heard that sold better than the original S&P.

BTW, I would still put Golden Sun higher than Starfy and S&P.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wonder if Sakurai will still hold to his position on an Animal Crossing character in the next game? Just as I am curious if he will still hold his position on Miis? It will be interesting to see for sure. If anything I am certain the former will be harder for him to change his mind on.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Honestly? I'm thinkning he's going to keep the same position on Animal Crossing, I mean... even with fan support and all, I don't think his mind will change. The Mii's are a VERY IN YOUR FACE different story. It's sort of like...when they were brought up during Brawl, they were big, but we didn't know how long they will last. Well....they aren't going ahywhere... they're as big as Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon. I actually think Wii Sports is the most distributed game of all time.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I wonder if Sakurai will still hold to his position on an Animal Crossing character in the next game? Just as I am curious if he will still hold his position on Miis? It will be interesting to see for sure. If anything I am certain the former will be harder for him to change his mind on.
Honestly? I'm thinkning he's going to keep the same position on Animal Crossing, I mean... even with fan support and all, I don't think his mind will change. The Mii's are a VERY IN YOUR FACE different story. It's sort of like...when they were brought up during Brawl, they were big, but we didn't know how long they will last. Well....they aren't going ahywhere... they're as big as Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon. I actually think Wii Sports is the most distributed game of all time.
Probably. The reasoning for AC was always sound. Sakurai does take great care to make sure everything works, and AC characters might not work to well. I can say that looking through the Starman.net thread way back that there was still a big disagreement. Even now, we have people who hate Pheonix Wright in UmvC3.

Miis are fine at least in terms of that. They box and sword fight.

For the record, I'd like to see an AC character.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In all honesty though what would make an Animal Crossing character any less out of place than some of the characters we already have? I do understand what he is saying about pacifism, but in my mind it would not be any more absurd than having a hardware peripheral or Kirby. Surely you can find some kind of malcontent with Tom Nook...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
In all honesty though what would make an Animal Crossing character any less out of place than some of the characters we already have? I do understand what he is saying about pacifism, but in my mind it would not be any more absurd than having a hardware peripheral or Kirby. Surely you can find some kind of malcontent with Tom Nook...
The difference is that Kirby is a fighter and the AC dude is not. The way it becomes out of place is because it's "why is he fighting."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The problem is pretty much how SmashChu stated it....I mean, he isn't wrong. It's a statement that is just true. It's just that we don't think it applies, and he clearly does. I will say it's kind of silly that we have G&W, ROB, and Zelda, but we can't have Nook. Zelda CAN FIGHT, but we rarely SEE her, and she hardley ever DOES fight. I dunno. I just think that the fact that they choose not to fight shouldn't matter. I can see Tom have a whacky servbot type moveset.

Also, I don't like Phoenix Write because they made his moveset so....disconjointed and weird. I thought he was going to like, slap with file folders, and have a punching move that is him poking with his "Objection" finger. I just don't think invisible hitboxed attacks look good. He just doesn't look good I guess is my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom