• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ideas for SSB 4 (WARNING! May have too much street fighter I think...) - Uses Wii U controller layout:

Smash meter : Smash meter has a lot of purposes. It contains 3 bars. At the start of a match, you start with 0 bars. You can increase it by damaging the enemy or KOing one. Increasing can also vary depending on the damage input and KOing the enemy increases 1 1/2 bar in your smash meter.

-------------------------------------------

1.) Defend - Command : RZ button (Requires 0 bars)

Defending is different from shield. Defending is using the character's bare arms to block the attack. Doing this will decrease 1/8 of the damage (If there's a decimal, round off to the nearest ones). It's lightning quick and it's extremely convinient since it doesn't have a limit. You can cancel rolling or dodging animations into defend. You can also change the direction of defending. Left and right to switch facing, Down to defend lower and Up to defend higher. Low attacks can break through high defends and high attacks can break through low defends. You can also defend in the air but you can't change your direction.

2.) Combo follow up - Command : Forward + X button (Requires 1/2 bar)

The combo button is used to extend your combos. After doing any attack, click X to use another sort of unfound combo to deal more damage. It can't be done in the air.

3.) Air follow up - Command : X during hit that knocks upwards (Requires 1/2 bar)

Click X on hit. You will quickly jump towards the enemy and do a 4 hit combo. You can end it sideways, upwards or downwards by flicking the smash stick. You can also interrupt the combo with an aerial attack by inputting up,down,left or right + attack.

4.) Smash special - Command : (X + B) + Any direction (Requires 1 bar)

Once you do this, you will execute an upgraded version of the normal special attack.

5.) Super smash attack - Command : (X+A) + Any direction with L analog or (X+R analog at any direction) (Requires 1 bar)

Once you do this, you will execute an upgraded version of the normal smash attack.

6.) Auto - cancel - Comand : X+LZ or LB (Requires 1 bar)

Once you do this, the move you were executing will be cancelled.

7.) Quick dash - Command: X + L analog at any direction (Requires 2 bars)

The character will quickly dash forward (2 stage builder blocks) while being invulnerable to any attack. You can cancel the quick dash with any attack. You cannot do this in the air.

8.) Additional jump - Command: X + Y (Requires 2 bars)

The character will jump..... Even after a recovery, 2 jumps, 5 mid air jumps... He'll still jump upwards.

8.) Shield up! - Command : X + LZ (Requires 3 bars)

The character will use his bubble shield BUT it will stay with him. He can do anything while the bubble shield is around him. He can attack, move, grab, etc. If the enemy breaks the shield, nothing will happen BUT if you bubble shield again, your shield is smaller now. You'll have to wait for it to regenerate again. It disappears after 7 seconds of use.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I was around during the pre-Brawl days (I've been checking Smash sites since summer of 2007) and Brawl was by far my most anticipated game, but I did not participate in speculation. I was really hoping for a 40+ slot roster since Smash after all, is an All-Star game, so why not? My biggest hope was Mega Man.

I was crushed. Not only did my most wanted newcomer did not show up, the cuts were pretty painful. I never expected to see any sort of cutting and for them to do that just sank me, especially the removal of Mewtwo. It left a bitter fast in my mouth about that game for many months.

I eventually got over it, but I then realized that you should never have high expectations for a Smash roster. I slowly bit surely lowered my expectations until I got to the high 30s range.

I just don't want to be left down again and I hope the roster doesn't let down what low expectation I have.

:phone:

Actually, I was around during the pre-Brawl days (I've been checking Smash sites since summer of 2007) and Brawl was by far my most anticipated game, but I did not participate in speculation. I was really hoping for a 40+ slot roster since Smash after all, is an All-Star game, so why not? My biggest hope was Mega Man.

I was crushed. Not only did my most wanted newcomer did not show up, the cuts were pretty painful. I never expected to see any sort of cutting and for them to do that just sank me, especially the removal of Mewtwo. It left a bitter fast in my mouth about that game for many months.

I eventually got over it, but I then realized that you should never have high expectations for a Smash roster. I slowly bit surely lowered my expectations until I got to the high 30s range.

I just don't want to be left down again and I hope the roster doesn't let down what low expectation I have.

I probably one of the "weird" people who were fine with the brawl roster.

But no Deoxys was quite shocking. I wasn't so caring about Toad's inclusion that time actually since Wario was there. When I saw Wario's moveset, I liked it actually. The aerial playstyle that made Jiggs look extremely inferior. Lol. I still love jiggz especially during her melee days.

During that time, I also didn't expect Bowser Jr or Paper Mario at all in brawl because of Wario and Geno. I wasn't a rabid fan of Geno so I didn't react violently when he didn't get in.

Lastly, I didn't expect any 3rd parties

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pre-Brawl?

Hmm, I think that I actually joined SWF shortly after the Japanese release, so I did miss much of the hype. Although I was a guest for a long period of time.

As for Brawl's roster, I was fine with it except for Mewtwo and Wolf. But at this point I think I've matured and am over the hole clones argument.

I will admit though, I was excepting a a new Mario rep to replace the Doc.

After being a Capcom Vs groupie, however, I realized that our Smash complaints are only mild compared to the rabid Capcom fan demands. So whatever happens in SSB4 I know I'll get over it faster than most people. "Thinks of no MM in MvC3."

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I really hope the whole "x character has never fought so he can't be in" thing is over with.

Phoenix Wright is in UMvC3. /arguement
Since you brought it up

You've gotta be kidding me right??? Really? Such a waste of a Capcom character..
I agree, what waste of a capcom character. I was so hype for UMVC3, but then I saw the phoenix wright trailer. A lawyer in a fighting game capcom? c'mon your creative development team could have come up with something better than dump that you just dropped on your consumer base.
She may be a lawyer, but fights with her fists not a pen and a assistant lol. Im not hating at all, the game looks legit I just can't believe that non-sense was allowed in and not a more traditional fighting game character.
I agree, Phoenix Wright feels out of place here, and makes me feel like I want to throat up or something. What a crappy pick, should of been Captain Commando. We already have a Capcom joke character, his name is Frank West and he's better than Phoenix Wrong lol.
I wanna know the ages and purpose of those who "fan requested" this chr. I mean...there are A LOT of better chrs that woulda made all of us **** more then this guy. Megaman X, Sigma, A throwback from MVC2...And I woulda done a kick *** ****ing move if I worked at Capcom...HAVE YOU SEEN ASURA'S WRATH?!?!! PUT THE MAIN CHR IN THIS GAME AND GIVE IT PROMO!...that chr and the rest that I've seen are SICK!
Wow ... sorry, but Phoenix Wright looks awful.
I think the way they implemented Wright is perfect for trying to put him in a fighting game.... but I'm kinda with the rest of you guys that its just awkward to see him in a fighting game. Its like they were trying to replace Dan as kind of a joke character. I'm not getting into shoulda woulda couldas as to roster spots because I dont like to live in the world of 'what-ifs.' So I'll just have to live with Mr. Wright.
Adding PW was one of the worst choices for the Capcom Series. The game already took a loss BECAUSE of the characters that were taken out. Putting him in, along with Rocket Raccoon, will take a CHUNK out of the fanbase. Not saying people won't buy it ('cause I'm buying it myself.), but it won't look too good the first few weeks of its release.
PW looks like a waste. Servbot category,
I love the Phoenix Wright games and characters, but in UMVC3 he looks really bad to me.
Best one
xD i never said he was not a good character to use i never said anything of the sort. I said he was a waist of space and his melee attacks made no sence at all that has nothing to do with how hes actually going to play like. As for my skill level i dont need to prove how good I am to someone who thinks he fits in this game.
All of these come from here

The point I'm making is there are a lot of people who do not like the character and can see that he/she has no place in a fighting game. The arguments were still going around for Animal Crosser. It's better to not add the character rather than risk alienating the fanbase.

It's their opinion, asage.

Don't try changing it. I also think that PW is amazing but I won't be bothered by these comments

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Asage: I'm jealous. :p

Phoenix looks like fun in my opinion. I can't wait for the new Assist Me to come out next week and shed some light on him.

Anyway like I said, our Smash complaints are only mild compared to Capcom fan complaints. Capcom fans know that Capcom takes them into comsideration, heck that's why they have a suggestion box and are obsessed with DLC. :rolleyes:

But I will admit though that Capcom was pretty much a hypocrite when choosing Phoenix over Mega Man. Based on the popularity polls and this statement.

SmashChu.... Was the feedback of Phoenix Wright mostly positive or negative? Not only in SRK but around the internet and the world. What do you think?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, I don't like Phoenix Write because they made his moveset so....disconjointed and weird. I thought he was going to like, slap with file folders, and have a punching move that is him poking with his "Objection" finger. I just don't think invisible hitboxed attacks look good. He just doesn't look good I guess is my problem.
In my opinion, that's what makes Phoenix Wright so appealing. He's a nontraditional character in terms of attacks. There's nothing wrong with that. Once you shake the notion that every character must have actual fighting moves of some sort, your mind is open to a lot more possibilities.

And here's this quote SmashChu brought up.
I agree, what waste of a capcom character. I was so hype for UMVC3, but then I saw the phoenix wright trailer. A lawyer in a fighting game capcom? c'mon your creative development team could have come up with something better than dump that you just dropped on your consumer base.
I find this contradictory considering that making a moveset for Phoenix Wright would require more creative thinking than it would for other characters. It's more like this person doesn't like how that creative energy was spent.

@berserker
Opinions seem to be all over the place for different reasons. I think it'd be better to see what people think of him after the game comes out.

Character that does not fighting in a fighting game = Unique and interesting

Wait.... This is an old question but I still don't know the answer until now but.... Why is Megaman "not unique"?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the problem with Megaman is that the vast majority of his attacks come from robot master powers. Giving him robot master powers would be an extreme case of Lucas and Ness.

I think the problem with Megaman is that the vast majority of his attacks come from robot master powers. Giving him robot master powers would be an extreme case of Lucas and Ness.

That's it? That's the only reason why Mega Man can't get in UMvC 3?

Whatever :awesome: There's always Phoenix Wright.

Berserker. Out

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess, although I once made him a moveset, and from what I can remember:

Super Arm - Command Grab
Charge Kick
Top Spin - Air only move
Rebound Striker - Mega Ball replacement
Mega Buster - Like Volnutt in TvC
Astro Crush - Lvl 1 Hyper

It's not that hard to give him a good moveset, but I will admit that most movesets I've see people make for him suck as they're nothing but projectiles even for Standard Moves. :facepalm:

That's it? That's the only reason why Mega Man can't get in UMvC 3?

Whatever :awesome: There's always Zero.
I fixed it for you. :awesome:

Still I don't know why everyone's so worked up over Phoenix, they always save the best character for last. :cool:

He's covered wars you know. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, it has nothing to do with MegaMan feeling like Lucas/Ness. They pretty much said they don't want another Shotoclone instead. Which means they weren't willing to even try to give him an unique moveset.

Also, Servbot beat Wright to the punch in "Odd choices" in MvC. Also, MvC =/= Smash, just saying. So let's not apply logic in other fighting games to it.

Moving on: Shortie, how comes my list review?(also, as I said before, that should be Toon Ganondorf)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SmashChu.... Was the feedback of Phoenix Wright mostly positive or negative? Not only in SRK but around the internet and the world. What do you think?
Positive I'd say. There was a lot of other side talk and I know a few of the supporters were the same person. I can't tell if the negative ones were, but it is likely (I'm judging this from the avatars I saw).

The point is there is still a large negative feedback. I'd like to see an AC character, but I fear that he will have a similar negativism, which isn't good.

You do understand the point of Megaman was to beat robot masters and take their powers for your own use right?

So let's not apply logic in other fighting games to it.
Sounds like a cop-out

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Phoenix Wright is one of the most fan wanted character for UMvC3

Just look at the view count of his trailer video, its overshadows the rest of the trailers.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Most of the opinions I read on SRK are stupid, no reason to use them as evidence of anything. Most of them are purists anyway.

And that doesn't take away from the fact that PW still got into the game despite no fighting background whatsoever.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm sorry but, I never would compmare Tom Nook to Phoenix Write. I still think he would play like Servbot. Having weird BUT CUTE/FUNNY/ACTUAL attacks. I think Sakurai is smart enough to stay away from anything PW is. And to be honest, if Tom Nook was going to look ANYTHING like PW, I would rather not have him at all.

You know, give the slot to someone that isn't going to suck. It's not that he has no fighting background that bugs me, it's that he's NOT ATTACKING IN A FIGHTING GAME. Tom Nook doing mundane household tasks like beating a rug, or something silly like having a "Change back coin attack" is what I want to see. Not him pikcing his nose and the opponent being hurt by it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm sorry but, I never would compmare Tom Nook to Phoenix Write. I still think he would play like Servbot. Having weird BUT CUTE/FUNNY/ACTUAL attacks. I think Sakurai is smart enough to stay away from anything PW is. And to be honest, if Tom Nook was going to look ANYTHING like PW, I would rather not have him at all.

You know, give the slot to someone that isn't going to suck. It's not that he has no fighting background that bugs me, it's that he's NOT ATTACKING IN A FIGHTING GAME. Tom Nook doing mundane household tasks like beating a rug, or something silly like having a "Change back coin attack" is what I want to see. Not him pikcing his nose and the opponent being hurt by it.
I'd kind of agree if it weren't for Wario's Fart Attack. So that's actually somewhat arguable here.

Either way, I prefer actual fighting attacks for characters. IMO. Both do work, but as long as a realistic(for that character) moveset can be made thanks to media, it shouldn't be a problem. Or at the very least, they're a key character throughout the series(or the system in the case of R.O.B.)

@SmashChu: No, it's not a cop-out. It's people thinking that Smash is like those other fighters. It's not. It's its own unique game series that does things differently. The very basics are pretty much what it has to other series: Characters, moves, has courses. Items and Destructable courses are only in SOME games. But not in all of them. Smash is unique on its own. This is something that needs to be accepted.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I know what you mean. I was pretty much like you during the Brawl hype. But now, my expectations are at a much lower level.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Successfully trolled by Capcom

PW is the troll character of MvC3, and a lot of his fans love it xD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Successfully trolled by Capcom

PW is the troll character of MvC3, and a lot of his fans love it xD
Heh. In some ways, I feel like them adding Nemesis over MegaMan feels more like them Trolling us. Especially with more references to MM via stage background, etc. Nemesis is one of my favorite RE characters and all, but him getting over MegaMan? Bleh.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Mr. Game & Watch needs to be cut because he is not attacking in a fighting game, too!

His B move, he was just cooking food. His up B, he was just being rescued by firefighters and parachuting. His down B, he was just catching some oil and then he threw it away. His aerial A, he is just carrying a fish bowl. His neutral A, he is just using Raid because bugs were bothering him. His grabs and throws, he is just juggling balls. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mr. Game & Watch needs to be cut because he is not attacking in a fighting game, too!

His B move, he was just cooking food. His up B, he was just being rescued by firefighters and parachuting. His down B, he was just catching some oil and then he accidentally spilled it. His aerial A, he is just carrying a fish bowl. His neutral A, he is just using Raid because bugs were bothering him. His grabs and throws, he is just juggling balls. :troll:
Mr. Game and Watch has been in 2 fighting games before

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

His B move, he was just cooking food. His up B, he was just being rescued by firefighters and parachuting. His down B, he was just catching some oil and then he threw it away. His aerial A, he is just carrying a fish bowl. His neutral A, he is just using Raid because bugs were bothering him. His grabs and throws, he is just juggling balls. :troll:
I just love how you skip over his Side B, which is indeed a fighting-like move. Hammers have been used as weapons for ages.

The only weapons the Animal Crossing would have would be the Slingshot. The Net is arguable at best. Okay, and the Axe too. The question is, will Sakurai ever allow Axes to be used as weapons? I do think a moveset could be made, it's just not beyond easy to make it, that's all.

The thing is, he had games that could easily translate into moves. It wasn't that hard to work with. R.O.B. really did not, and is the only character that had nothing else to work with, or a background of fighting. Concentrate on him if you're going to go with "not a fighter". He fits the criteria much better.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Am I the only one tired of hearing the words "chances", "probability", and "likeliness" when discussing character additions? I feel like I need to pull out my TI-84 calculator or something half of the time. Heck, even then it requires some information be provided in order to reach an accurate statistic. Not just generalized, arbitrary evidence pulled out of dirty orifices. This is not directed at anyone specific, but the community at large.

Seriously, it is like everyone is destined to become an oil speculator.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Am I the only one tired of hearing the words "chances", "probability", and "likeliness" when discussing character additions? I feel like I need to pull out my TI-84 calculator or something half of the time. Heck, even then it requires some information be provided in order to reach an accurate statistic. Not just generalized, arbitrary evidence pulled out of dirty orifices. This is not directed at anyone specific, but the community at large.

In all likelihood it's probably just you. :113:

Also R.O.B. is a robot. He can be programed to fight. :troll:

Thino

Smash Master

Here we go ! someone is finally waking up in this thread XD

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I'm only tired of hearing. "Hmm.. too obscure, No chance".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just love how you skip over his Side B, which is indeed a fighting-like move. Hammers have been used as weapons for ages.

The only weapons the Animal Crossing would have would be the Slingshot. The Net is arguable at best. Okay, and the Axe too. The question is, will Sakurai ever allow Axes to be used as weapons? I do think a moveset could be made, it's just not beyond easy to make it, that's all.

The thing is, he had games that could easily translate into moves. It wasn't that hard to work with. R.O.B. really did not, and is the only character that had nothing else to work with, or a background of fighting. Concentrate on him if you're going to go with "not a fighter". He fits the criteria much better.
It's just that it is annoying how some people say so-and-so can't be in fighting games with non-attacking moves because it is weird.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There are a lot of things that irk me. Gamefaqs in general sends chills up my body that certainly are not healthy nor natural. Which is unfortunate considering I'm all about being chill online. Oes welz.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's just that it is annoying how some people say so-and-so can't be in fighting games with non-attacking moves because it is weird.

It's not weird. How can you be in a fighting game if you don't fight. It's a perfectly legit argument. Not to say it always applies, but saying it's weird? Sadly, it's true in some games.

When figuring out characters in a Fighting Game, there's a lot to look through;

1) Are they a Main Character?
2) Can they fight?
2a) Do they have good choices for moves that aren't purely generic?
3) Is their body shape reasonable for fighting?(this may depend the series, of course)
4) Are they notable enough? Do people basically know who they are?
5) Will their inclusion help sell other games or make them more notable?(they both go hand in hand)

All of those are just some possible factors. And they all hold true in situations. None of them are actually weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom