• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not upset, just being honest is all. Trying to interject some unbiased, non-chalant talking points.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Shortie finally showing some rebellion against one of the "legends" of SSB4 speculation? I must say, a new level has been found?

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SmashChu I was going to ask you if you knew what the Dover Demon was...(Considering you're from DOVER FL.) but then I remembered The Dover Demon "lives" in Dover Mass. ): NO FUN FOR ME.

Shortie finally showing some rebellion against one of the "legends" of SSB4 speculation? I must say, a new level has been found?

Why must you speak that way? I sincerely have no idea what this sentence means, and why my name is in it.

Oasis, what are you being for Halloween? :troll:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Anyone remember who it was that did SmashDash? Gotta say, i'm hoping they do it again when we get closer to SSB4's release.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Anyone remember who it was that did SmashDash? Gotta say, i'm hoping they do it again when we get closer to SSB4's release.
2ndStamp I think? Dunno how the name was spelled out.

@Shortie: I'm going to be the strongest in the whole world.

D

Deleted member

5th Gen PT > Keldeo. Come on SSBF GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.
Not taking trainers into consideration here for my poll. You are right in that a 5th gen Trainer is more likely then Keldeo, but these are individual Pokemons I'm using.

Plus I think I would get a more accurate results (at least from the sites I used) for a 5th gen Trainer if it matched up with the other gen Trainers.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon Results from my '09 poll~

1. Mewtwo (135)
2. Pichu (88)
3. Plusle & Minun (80)
4. Female Trainer 3rd Gen (59)
5. Chiramii (56)
6. Zoroark (54)
7. Blaziken (47)
8. Raichu (41)
9. Meowth (40)
10. Rival Trainer (35)
11. Darkrai (31)
12. Gardevoir (27)
13. Suicune (24)
14. Pichu Bros ~Noth Ear/Shiny (23)

Notice that Pluse & Minun were highly voted back then as well? AND NOTICE MINCCINO IS BEATING ZOROARK? (It's name was Chiramii back then)

The amount of write in votes for Lanky Kong were disgusting..

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

So that's what the roster would look like if arranged by dates. Neato.

I love how 1986 is a whole row.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I'm back from laughing at everyone.

@SSBF: Nice non-Victini avatar. ;)

It also seems that someone will be "pranked" on Halloween. :surprised:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How can you NOT like Jigglypuff? HOW CAN YOU? It's sooo cuuuuute~

If any Pokemon bring back memories it's Jiggly, and Meowth. Togepi as well.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Results from my '09 poll~

1. Mewtwo (135)
2. Pichu (88)
3. Plusle & Minun (80)
4. Female Trainer 3rd Gen (59)
5. Chiramii (56)
6. Zoroark (54)
7. Blaziken (47)
8. Raichu (41)
9. Meowth (40)
10. Rival Trainer (35)
11. Darkrai (31)
12. Gardevoir (27)
13. Suicune (24)
14. Pichu Bros ~Noth Ear/Shiny (23)

Notice that Pluse & Minun were highly voted back then as well? AND NOTICE MINCCINO IS BEATING ZOROARK? (It's name was Chiramii back then)

The amount of write in votes for Lanky Kong were disgusting..
Also note that Pichu was still highly voted.

@---: Thanks. I was honestly starting to get tired of these, so I switched.

Things have changed a lot since then.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So let's talk Tom Nook... If Sakurai decided to change his mind and go the Phoenix Wright route with him, how would you respond?

Also, people voted for Plusle and Minun because of the Forbidden 7 thing (which may not be entirely accurate). Otherwise people wouldn't give two spits about either of them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So let's talk Tom Nook... If Sakurai decided to change his mind and go the Phoenix Wright route with him, how would you respond?

Also, people voted for Plusle and Minun because of the Forbidden 7 thing (which may not be entirely accurate). Otherwise people wouldn't give two spits about either of them.
I would be mad, because Tom Nook is better than that. You're talking disconjointedly stupid attacks, not just "non-violent attacks" like some of Servbots moves right? If he went PW, and not Servbot, I would be not happy. Not a happy Shop keeper, BUT I would get over it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wow, is Star finally preaching the same stuff...that, Me and N did? Back a long time ago? I'm happy but at the same time said that

1) It's taken so long
2) It seems he is the only person it's hit.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't suppose Sakurai, assuming he follows MvC even slightly, UPON HEARING ABOUT PHOENIX WRIGHT, would maybe reconsider Animal Crossing?

"Ah, make him fight without fighting. Yes, he can do that."

Maybe?!?!

You take inspiration where you can get it. :awesome:
That's pretty much what I've been thinking about all the fighting games that have come out in the last couple of years. He may now be open to the idea of fighting by not fighting. I used to be against the idea, but after seeing other characters do the same thing, it grew on me and I saw the potential.

OmegaXXII

Well, I think what Oasis was pointing out is that just because other companies do it (Capcom) doesn't mean everybody else will look into it or needs to be done that way (Sakurai).

I don't think that would be the case for Sakurai though, being the crazy "unpredictable" guy that he is I'm sure he could come up with something if he got interested in a character with no previous fighting background whatsoever.

D

Deleted member

Not really interested in an Animal Crossing newcomer, but if he stays faithful to what Tom Nook can do, I'll be alright.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
New avatar and new font. What do you think?
I like it, although I was fairly used to the Victini avatar.

So that's what the roster would look like if arranged by dates. Neato.

I love how 1986 is a whole row.
I like the look of the roster. Has a unique feel to itself.

How can you NOT like Jigglypuff? HOW CAN YOU? It's sooo cuuuuute~
[begin awkward discussion]

Not as cute as another character on the roster.

[COLLAPSE="..."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Jigglypuff is just a pink marshmallow. Yoshi is a frickin' green dinosaur with red boots, a little wagging tail, and a smile that always brings up your spirit!

/end weird discussion

OmegaXXII

Man, for some reason SSBFan doesn't seem like the same person with that change. :urg:

Also, Animal Crossing is uninteresting to me, I find nothing about it appealing, the only think I want and like from it is Smashville, other than that, not much I like, Tom Nook is meh..

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
When figuring out characters in a Fighting Game, there's a lot to look through;

1) Are they a Main Character?
2) Can they fight?
2a) Do they have good choices for moves that aren't purely generic?
3) Is their body shape reasonable for fighting?(this may depend the series, of course)
4) Are they notable enough? Do people basically know who they are?
5) Will their inclusion help sell other games or make them more notable?(they both go hand in hand)

All of those are just some possible factors. And they all hold true in situations. None of them are actually weird.
Well said, dude.

This little questionnaire would make for a good debate on characters we've all chosen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

2) Can they fight?
3) Is their body shape reasonable for fighting?(this may depend the series, of course)
5) Will their inclusion help sell other games or make them more notable?(they both go hand in hand)

All of those are just some possible factors. And they all hold true in situations. None of them are actually weird.
???

Well I think I'll just leave this Sakurai statement right here, again, for the 10th time...
1. The character's inclusion must make people want to play the game.

2. The character must be unique.

3. The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.

4. They must contribute to the game balance.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's not weird. How can you be in a fighting game if you don't fight. It's a perfectly legit argument. Not to say it always applies, but saying it's weird? Sadly, it's true in some games.

2) Can they fight?

ROB said no and still got in

OmegaXXII

Hehe, right, it's pure bias on his part, ANY said character can get in regardless what they can or can't do in their games, it's stupid to base a characters "chances" due to lack of moveset potential, you people don't know what Sakurai will think of, yet act like you already know what he won't be going for. <_<

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehe, right, it's pure bias on his part, ANY said character can get in regardless what they can or can't do in their games, it's stupid to base a characters "chances" due to lack of moveset potential, you people don't know what Sakurai will think of, yet act like you already know what he won't be going for. <_<

Or something.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well I think I'll just leave this Sakurai statement right here, again, for the 10th time...
THIS. And these criteria are perfect really. They're very open ended.

These comics are the ****.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
It's not weird. How can you be in a fighting game if you don't fight. It's a perfectly legit argument. Not to say it always applies, but saying it's weird? Sadly, it's true in some games.

2) Can they fight?

#1 seems like the only one Sakurai would pay attention to.
"purely generic".....how many characters have punch punch kick? Most Standard Attacks are pretty generic.
Not all characters need limbs to attack. An attack is an attack.
Sales aren't so relative that they influence decision (before and after). SSB can be used as advertisement (Roy) but it doesn't have to be (G&W, ROB).

@Kumo
MvC2 and TvC I know they aren't that true to Megaman's but Sakurai can always go with the C Falcon and Sheik method as an addition to having RM attacks...it's how my moveset is for MM...

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
And... you don't act the same way yourself? <_<

Or something.
PERFECT.

Trying to think what other people would be, but I suck at it. I know what I would be know (*weeps at thought*), but I'd have to be an alligator, not a crocodile. Because that means I can be modeled off this guy.
[COLLAPSE="Louis"]
[/COLLAPSE]

And TRYING to remember what that horseshoe U stands for...

I would add something on-topic, but I'm dead topic-wise. How about this... try to imagine a cutscene in Adventure Mode with this song playing in the background. What image comes to mind?

It's the uppercase letter for omega.
Aah, thank you. Nice little detail you threw in there, Oasis. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And it LIVES!~ I like it. Anyways, pick six~

Trainers are fo' suckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom