• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
And it LIVES!~ I like it. Anyways, pick six~

Trainers are fo' suckers.
If I had to choose six out of these choices based on bias alone:

Pichu (Screw Pikachu :p)
Charizard
Genesect
Deoxys
Lucario
Victini

However, being reasonable and logical, I would choose:

Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario / Deoxys
Victini / Deoxys (hard to decide)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Non-Trainer Charizard has been MY LONGEST RUNNING character request. I still want him. I got Wario, and I gave up on Suicune and Bub and Bob :awesome: (These were my post Melee picks as a kid)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Charizard
Deoxys

Also I created a new game in the game thread. Feel free to check it out.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Pikachu
im tired of jiggs... moaannn~~
Mewtwo
Victini
Deoxys
Luc... GGAAck'.'..'

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
#1 seems like the only one Sakurai would pay attention to.
"purely generic".....how many characters have punch punch kick? Most Standard Attacks are pretty generic.
Not all characters need limbs to attack. An attack is an attack.
Sales aren't so relative that they influence decision (before and after). SSB can be used as advertisement (Roy) but it doesn't have to be (G&W, ROB).
Roy was only added in because he was the newest fire emblem lord. So 5 is actually accurate. He said before that he doesn't believe Animal Crosser can fight.

You misunderstood. All of those are possible reasons. I did not say they can't be cherry-picked in certain situations. I meant that, indeed, not all of them will apply. But one or more will.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Shortie
Pika
Charizard
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Lucario
Victini

My only obscure choices not on there would be Totodile and Sandslash

@Hyper
Misunderstood what? Those are just my opinions about those reasons.
Looking back, Star and a few others have said that Roy was added in because Sakurai basically wanted him in. You basically repeated what I said tho:
Roy was only added in because he was the newest fire emblem lord = SSB can be used as advertisement (Roy)
Difference is that I said some characters (G&W and ROB) aren't necessarily advertised. The only reason I think someone would wanna buy a ROB is for collecting.

Sauce on the Animal Crossing part? It sounds like Sakurai's excuse for time restraints/preference like Capcom did with MM. If Peach, ROB, G&W and Zelda can be made playable, I don't see how it's impossible.

btw augusto
Cool Nana :) I took a look at your deviant art stuff before, nice work. Did you ever get your battery?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
And... you don't act the same way yourself? <_<
Explain to me where I've said this, I've NEVER turned down a character due to moveset potential, I just say a character is statistically less "likely" to appear but not impossible, you definetly misinterpreted that. <_<

Or something.
huh?

I dunno who that is supposed to be but it sure ain't as hell ain't me. :awesome:

BTW...I should draw one with you hating on DHD and then DHD gets mad and starts chasing you to bite you. :troll:

And it LIVES!~ I like it. Anyways, pick six~

Trainers are fo' suckers.
Aside from Pikachu, I'd go with..

Meowth
Charizard
Victini
Genesect
Mewtwo

Realistically, I'll go with

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Victini
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario**

GUYS GUYS!

I just called Sakurai, and he told me CLOUD AND SORAH CONFURMED FOR SMASH 4!
FOR REALZ??? Whose next, Master Chief as well? Might as well ask him for the entire roster.

/derp.

OmegaXXII

You can pick one more lol..

But yeah, trainers are going to happen, they have already made their mark in Smash, besides if Eusine appears he could have Raikou, Entei, and Suicune as playable Pokemon, look at it that way.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I looked back and there was talk about Phoenix Wright...so he's getting the same hate like ROB? He looks so fun to play as haha It's actually how I expected him to play. SO MUCH HYPE FOR UMVC3. i hope megaman ends up dlc
His style screams SSB to me, it's like the OBJECTION to these moveset potential arguments (for obscure characters anyway)

OmegaXXII

People are showing him hate because they don't like the fact that a character that previously didn't have any fighting background whatsoever got in a fighting game, they don't like that argument when it applies to potential Smash characters like DHD and Tom Nook.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
That and because character x wasn't in, blame the obscure character (ROB's hate). I saw hate for PW's moves being disjointed/invisible (not really, they are touching him) but I love that. I knew something like that was going to happen, especially since OBJECTION was obviously going to be some weird attack. SSB already has Jiggs using Rest, so I can see it happening with Tom Nook.
tbch, I only see DHD as an assist trophy, since the only thing he does is pop up and laugh. It's like saying the toastie/whoopsie guy from MK should be playable. I dunno, definitely the most obscure wanted character I've seen tho.

OmegaXXII

Toastie from MK being playable? :awesome:

Well, DHD isn't really complicated if Sakurai wanted to be creative with him, he could obviously give him some accessories or something to compliment his playstyle, I have a moveset as well, sure he laughs but Sakurai could make him just as playable if he did it with ROB, after all, he is obscure so....

As for Phoenix Wright, he really isn't all that bad like people make it out to be, sure he's more like an ackward character with a "high risk, high reward" moveset, but he's still interesting nonetheless since he does consist of three modes of play, it's just people who dislike it that are showing hate, not many are doing so.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
But ROB had robotic arms, gyros and lights going for him (they made it pretty damn complicated to press buttons IMO)
DHD just does something an AT would. Thats how I see it anyway
Wrights 3 "modes" are all combined, I dont really see the high risk other than range (unless youre talking about him>character then I can see that) but I can definitely see Sakurai doing this for Tom Nook, Lip etc

Lol hows it goin MetaLaunch?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yea it should be Freddy :troll:

I been studying some characters to help with making movesets. For making buffs/nerfs theyre going to be based on Melee since I have no access to Brawl (without having to go to a friends and taking notes on the character....which I did once but my friend was nappin)
Project M has really good ideas, so I add those too.
What you been up to?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I dont find it that complicated, esp in SSB. I guess the most important thing to think about are combos, which directly relates to damage, knockback and all other factors of an attack.
Project M hacks Brawl and makes it more Melee/competitive like.

I wish I can get the chance to play Viewtiful Joe :( Ive been told its a lot of fun. Another Capcom character neglected...Why u make Joe low tier Capcom?!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no, i never got my charger back... occasionally, when my roommate goes off to school, i would siphon energy from his charger... he knows i don't have my charger, yet somehow he doesn't comment when i turn it on like it's no big deal... hoping on getting a job soon so i can buy the frikkin 80 price of a new one.

oh! did anyone watch the uStream or NicoNico Douga stream of the Nintendo Press Conference? i didn't get to cause i fell asleep while drawing Gravity Man. I heard 3DS got a price drop... to 150.

Nintendo recorded their stream, score! http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
1. How the heck can you fall asleep drawing Gravity Man? He's awesome. :cool: :glare:

2. Price Drop? Sweet. I'm so getting one once they announce KI's release date.

Am I the only one tired of hearing the words "chances", "probability", and "likeliness" when discussing character additions? I feel like I need to pull out my TI-84 calculator or something half of the time. Heck, even then it requires some information be provided in order to reach an accurate statistic. Not just generalized, arbitrary evidence pulled out of dirty orifices. This is not directed at anyone specific, but the community at large.

Seriously, it is like everyone is destined to become an oil speculator.
This
Star is salty, no good son. :urg:

But.... What he said is actually true.
Why must you speak that way? I sincerely have no idea what this sentence means, and why my name is in it.
Omega does this all the time
Wow, is Star finally preaching the same stuff...that, Me and N did? Back a long time ago? I'm happy but at the same time said that

1) It's taken so long
2) It seems he is the only person it's hit.
What about me? Lol.

I only speculate once they use the words "likely" or "probable". Other than that, I'm still 100% unconvinced by this speculation....

Unless, the character is TOO unrealistic I guess
GUYS GUYS!

I just called Sakurai, and he told me CLOUD AND SORAH CONFURMED FOR SMASH 4!
no

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
master hand gets his own game.

loool just kidding, its a koei game called shinrei camera

but for real tho... Rolling Western has a better trailer depicting his moves... http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html#m11\

B- Spin Charge
Down B- Dig Roll thing (you had to see the trailer to know what this is)
Side B- Armadillo Slash
Up B- errr... you know what? lets give him the screw attack
Final Smash- Full Charge Grind

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You realize they are both big series and not interchangeable, right?

I'm not sure what you're going on about with that.
You could be your Mii in Animal Crossing: City Folk as a Animal Crossing Human (as a mask), lulz. That's what I was referencing. It is possible... >.>

Basically, I'm going to say it again... your reasoning is subjective, and the only subjective reasoning that counts is Sakurai's. Which we already know his verdict on the series.
All reasoning is subjective when it comes to characters in smash bros. Saying Bowser is more worthy than Waluigi is subjective. You can use legitimate "proof," like the fact he is in more Nintendo games, has a bigger role in the Mario universe, and unlike Waluigi, Bowser appears in and is the major villain in the canon Mario series.

But again, people could counter with Waluigi being the main villain in Mario Dance Dance Revolution, his "major role" in Mario Party 3, and the idea that because we have the Mario Bros. in Smash, we need the Wario Bros., too.

My point is this: there is no violent conflict in Animal Crossing (other than maybe Mr. Resetti yelling and almost attacking you). There is conflict or fighting in every series represented in smash. That doesn't mean Tom Nook is unworthy-it just makes him harder to create.

The question is then is he worth the effort, and is he worthy of making it over other characters. I just think there are a lot more worthy characters who IMO have higher priority. (Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, a 3rd Generation Pokémon, *enter various 5th Generation Pokémon here*, Samurai Goroh, Roy, *add a possible new Fire Emblem Lord here*, Saki, Issac, Takamaru, the Balloon Fighter, Starfy, Mach Rider, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Slime, etc). Is that really such a "bad" opinion=???

You have to determine who you want added-in what order, much like a depth chart. I would like Tom nook. Heck, I'd like Birdo, Wart, and Geno. But will all of them make it? No. Will 1 of them make it? There's a slim chance.

Ultimately, that is what every opinion on this subject boils down to. I like Takamaru, but because there was a limited roster size in Brawl, and because I wanted characters like Ike, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Geno over him, I was opposed to him making it because I wanted about a dozen characters to make it in before him.

In a way, it's like natural selection. You can't expect every character you want to make it, and probably a should be shoe in like Ridley or Mega Man in Brawl won't make it.

In Melee we got most of the elephants in the room in, with Bowser, Peach, Ganondorf, Young Link, Zelda, and Mewtwo (remember at this point Zelda and Pokémon were basically even in sales). In Brawl we literally did get ride of all the enormous elephants in the room, with Diddy Kong, Wario, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and most importantly, Sonic.

Somewhere in those rosters in a pattern. In each smash bros games there were clear "missing pieces."

Basically, it's a stupid reason, but because it was decided by someone important, it becomes final. I'm not going to argue about Tom Nook's viability when you already stated that he could work, and be an amazingly awesome character.

Really, I just hate where this topic went. Oasis. What would Johnknight look like?
You really weren't listening were you=??? I said I would like Tom Nook, but you would have to basically invent an entire move set. Now unless Sakurai gets Nook's creator to help make a move set, it would take his staff a lot longer to figure out a move set than characters like Ice Climbers (just add ice and teamwork), Sheik (be a ninja shemale), or ROB (be a robot).

Again, in Smash 64, the creator of Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Yoshi, Fox, and Captain Falcon (Shigeru Miyamoto) was there to help Masahiro Sakurai create those move sets, and to some extent he was there in Melee. Now unless Sakurai gets the Animal Crossing team's help on a character, this will require a lot of work. Kind of like how Ridley didn't make it as a playable character because he would take pretty much too much time and effort that he would take away a roster spot as Sakurai said (of course I'm paraphrasing).

I trust Nintendo. They may make some strange decisions (no DVD-player for Wii U), but overall, yeah, they know what they're doing.
The Wii U still needs Blu-Ray... and Netflix (has Netflix been confirmed=???). Also, more live streaming, shows, and live programs. Gaming systems are slowly becoming more and more about having multimedia on them. If Nintendo fails to realize that, they will slowly fade away from casual view of people who own consoles but don't play video games, or rarely play video games (which is a big market).

Heck, Microsoft is/has reached a deal with ESPN recently to stream live sports on the Xbox 360. Deals like that and technology like that on a console is the wave of the future. Perhaps Nintendo should strike a deal with Apple to have iTunes on the Wii U, and perhaps some cool technology from Apple. That would be a unique deal. Nintendo could also get exclusive rights to streaming some Japanese company's networks and shows easily too, to help dominate the Japanese market (and kill cable TV).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Takamaru is getting a new game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LalsCUx1vis

I have a good feeling about him getting in. Just wish he wasn't so ugly.
Eoowww he looks so ugly. Is that the eShop for the Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, or some weird combination of a couple of those Nintendo systems=???

Make his classic design in smash please.

But hey, that probably does raise the interest in him being in smash bros, particularly if it is a good game, and is an international release.

Sakurai said he would probably add Takamaru in smash if he had another game in a post-Melee interview. So that could mean that Takamaru's chances are very good. Of course, chances are based on perspective, and the Smash Bros development team's perspective of Takamaru may have changed.

Still, Takamaru definitely has a shot to make it in Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. He may be the Marth/Lucas (as in Japan-only or previously Japan only) of Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS=???

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i saw that but i wasn't sure if it was takamaru or not... it didn't say murasame castle anywhere... truth be told, i'm still skeptical as to whether it really is takamaru... if it is, great! but i still don't like his clothes... unfortunately, it's a download game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Takamaru is getting a new game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LalsCUx1vis

I was betting on him getting in anyway. But I do agree.

Sakurai if you're reading this, for the love of all that is sacred, don't make him look that (and also don't let Samus talk). :(

Time to post my stage idea again.

Taken from the final step in journey of the samurai apprentice Takamaru, it's the mysterious Murasame Castle!

Over all it's a pretty simple stage. As fighting takes place a top the highest balconey and roof of the castle.

The only main gimake is that occationally (if item's are turned on) friendly Tanookis will appear to aid fighters by dropping items if attacked. Also occasionally, the final boss, the Murasame Statue, itself will blast a hole in the center of the stage. However, just like the Metal Gears it does nothing but look on mensisingly.

Other then that it's a pretty atmospheric stage; it glows an eerie purple color and lightning repeatly strikes the top of the castle in the background. Also within the background one may see the 4 beginning castles Takamaru must visit can also be sited each all growing their own eerie colors. Along with Ninjas who jump around the stage's background.

Stage Name: Murasame Castle
Stage Icon: Japanese Castle

Stage Example:

x_______x
/xxxxxxxxx\
x________x

Tracks:
Nazo no Murasamejo - Main Theme - Douchuumen
Nazo no Murasamejo - Castle Theme
Nazo no Murasamejo - Murasame's Theme (Final Boss)
Famicom Detective Club Part II - Title Theme
Kirby's Adventure - Forest Area
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Summoning Dance
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Violet Sky
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages - Tarm Ruins
StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge - Main Dungeon
Shin Onigashima - Shin Onigashima (Brawl)
Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen (Original) (Brawl)
Mega Man 6 - Yamato Man (If MM is in)

Credit also goes to Star for helping me out with the music. ;)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm not sure that's Takamaru, but if it is? COOL! A prequel to Nazo no Murasame featuring Takamaru's humble origins. (Though I don't think peasants with swords could ever rise to samurai status, I could be mistaken though).

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Once more I return from the depths of obscurity to haunt this thread with an old idea. With the exception of adding Phostopholes's choices, you'll find that nothing's changed since last time. If you haven't read it in over 2 months, feel free to check it out. So, for the 6th time, here it is:

Pokemon Trainer Idea
What if the Pokemon Trainer didn't have 3 pokemon from one generation? Instead, what if he/she had a lineup that combined generations 2 through 4? Pokemon representation can be brought up to speed if this happens, as opposed to a 3rd Generation in a hypothetical SSB5 and so on. There's many pokemon to choose from in one generation alone, therefore deciding who makes it is anyone's guess, so here are the NUMEROUS options:

2nd Generation
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium

Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion

Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr

3rd Generation
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile

Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken

Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert

4th Generation
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra

Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape

Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon

The pokemon are listed from phases 1 to 3. I've color-coded them to make their type (grass, fire, water) obvious, and I provided images because not everyone (myself included) knows what these pokemon look like.

So, my idea is for the Trainer to have 3 pokemon, but with one belonging to a specific generation, type and phase. The list above features the choices, and only one pokemon can be chosen from each generation, as well as type, and evolution phase. The chosen 3 can't share similarities in phase, type or generation. Here are the features:

-Its meant to replace Red's Pokemon with a new, multi-region/gen set. If MOST (not a vocal minority) are uncomfortable with Red using multi-gens/regions, then perhaps they can create a new Trainer to take his place, like the ones in the series do. This can solve the problem of a trainer that only features 1 gen.
-The PT could have a male and female version, with about 5 alts.
-Only one PT in SSB4
-This is NOT meant to showcase a customizable roster. When you have 27 options, people will not choose the same set.

Here are some of the choices that people have made:

Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken (ToddCam, Sonic Poke, Spydr Enzo)
Treecko, Quilava, Empoleon (BirthNote)
Totodile, Grovyle, Infernape (augustoflores)
Chimchar, Grovyle, Feraligatr (shortiecanbrawl)
Torchic, Croconaw, Torterra (Phostopheles)
Mudkip, Quilava, Torterra (Phostopheles)

*Not everyone who chose a lineup supports the idea.
I think this idea as a whole is an innovative approach to choosing a PT lineup, but I have to admit that some of these candidates can't work for Smash because of...notable concerns. Some are armless, and others are FREAKING MASSIVE (guess who). They can be resized, but anyway, I made many combinations that I haven't listed. My personal choice would be to follow up on Brawl's PT range: fire would have its first phase, water would be in its second, and grass would feature its third phase. The phase layout that I've mentioned is how I would do it--if you want to come up with your own layout or follow Brawl's, go ahead.

So what do you all think? Is it best for the PT to have a strictly 2nd generation lineup, or have a roster that spans these 3 generations? With this, they could possibly get away with featuring all of Pokemon generations; Pika and Jiggs feature the first whereas the Trainer showcases 3 and the 5th generation can showcase Zoroark or Victini or Genesect. Who would you choose as the Pokemon Trainer's fighters?

When picking a set, I avoided the Turtwig line because of how massive it can be. I'm not sure if Turtwig itself could use vines like Bulbasaur or Chikorita, so unless I'm proven wrong, I'm putting the Turtwig line in the armless category. I came up with more sets, like:
Chikorita, Prinplup, Blaziken (just an alteration of that Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken set that seems to be so popular)
Chimchar, Bayleef, Swampert
Piplup, Quilava, Sceptile

I kinda avoided choices like Cyndaquil because it was a weakling in Melee, and Monferno because SOME would liken it to a Diddy Kong with fire abilities. I'm not sure if Piplup's stubby arms would be a problem (same with Torchic), and tbh I think Marshtomp looks like a dork XD. These are all minor things that affected my lineups, but I doubt they're strong enough to keep any of them from playing well. I'll make some lineups with them next time.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i saw that but i wasn't sure if it was takamaru or not... it didn't say murasame castle anywhere... truth be told, i'm still skeptical as to whether it really is takamaru... if it is, great! but i still don't like his clothes... unfortunately, it's a download game.
It is Takamaru. That giant enemy dude he faced at the end of that trailer is a major enemy in his old NES game.

Needless to say though, those graphics are flat out awful, lol (unless it is a handheld download game).

I still think if he's in smash it should be based off his classic design. Maybe have those clothes as an alternate costume. :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

So he fights like I thought he would. He's using what I think is Iaido. That and the sidestepping moves would make him pretty unique in Smash. Another thing we don't really have in Smash are characters that dodge moves as part of their moveset. The closest was Wolf and his Reflector.

The art style reminds me of Okami, Wind Waker, and the Mystical Ninja games.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dodge moves?

I think that will become a part of Little Mac's moveset.

But you're right the art style is cel shaded.

Toon Takamaru for SSB4!. :awesome:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Feeling a little better I still feel really light headed. Anyway if that is Takamaru his chances go up by a lot if he gets in I hope he doesn't keep that ugly design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom