• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You do understand the point of Megaman was to beat robot masters and take their powers for your own use right?
Yes. The point I'm making is that Megaman would essentially be a compilation of the various robot masters to the point where Megaman would just be In Name Only. Of course, we have characters like Seth and Taskmaster that deliberately borrow moves from other characters (part of their design), but they have plenty of stuff that they can use that belongs to them.

If someone can show me that it can be applied to Megaman, then I'll stand corrected.

Am I the only one tired of hearing the words "chances", "probability", and "likeliness" when discussing character additions? I feel like I need to pull out my TI-84 calculator or something half of the time. Heck, even then it requires some information be provided in order to reach an accurate statistic. Not just generalized, arbitrary evidence pulled out of dirty orifices. This is not directed at anyone specific, but the community at large.

Seriously, it is like everyone is destined to become an oil speculator.
Can we get like buttons here now?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yes. The point I'm making is that Megaman would essentially be a compilation of the various robot masters to the point where Megaman would just be In Name Only. Of course, we have characters like Seth and Taskmaster that deliberately borrow moves from other characters (part of their design), but they have plenty of stuff that they can use that belongs to them.

If someone can show me that it can be applied to Megaman, then I'll stand corrected.
I don't think anyone is saying to load Mega Man completely with RM weapons, but it is in his character to use them.

But he does have plenty of his own moves to use if that's what you're getting at:

Ex. Mega Punch (His Shoryuken style move from MM:The Power Fighters)
Mega Arm
Various Adaptors
Support Robots (Rush the Dog, Tango the Cat, Beat the Bird)
Various non RM weapons (Items, Super Arrow, Wire, Balloon,)
Mega Buster (of course, and there are several different versions of it)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gamecube controllers suck!
I could say the same about Wii Remotes. Does that make either of our statements wrong?

Anyway, I'd prefer a GameCube or Wired controller for the Wii U. I know if possible, I'll be using the Tablet 24/7. I freakin' can't stand being forced to spend tons of batteries. There's a reason why the DS is much easier to play. It can be charged.

Now, if they came out with First Party Chargeable controllers, I'd say sweet. That's my biggest hatred towards the Wii Remotes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What they should have is controllers with a cord or wireless, and when connected through the wire it recharges the wireless battery

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What they should have is controllers with a cord or wireless, and when connected through the wire it recharges the wireless battery
Exactly. Both the 360 and PS3 has this option. Why can't Nintendo just do that?

As much as I hate bandwagoning, this is one case where it's just the best option.

Plus, we'd have to buy those cords, which means more money for them. Smart business practice!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think anyone is saying to load Mega Man completely with RM weapons, but it is in his character to use them.

But he does have plenty of his own moves to use if that's what you're getting at:

Ex. Mega Punch (His Shoryuken style move from MM:The Power Fighters)
Mega Arm
Various Adaptors
Support Robots (Rush the Dog, Tango the Cat, Beat the Bird)
Various non RM weapons (Items, Super Arrow, Wire, Balloon,)
Mega Buster (of course, and there are several different versions of it)
Ok, you've given evidence that shows he can have a non-RM based moveset. So, I am open to the idea now.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Am I the only one tired of hearing the words "chances", "probability", and "likeliness" when discussing character additions? I feel like I need to pull out my TI-84 calculator or something half of the time. Heck, even then it requires some information be provided in order to reach an accurate statistic. Not just generalized, arbitrary evidence pulled out of dirty orifices. This is not directed at anyone specific, but the community at large.

Seriously, it is like everyone is destined to become an oil speculator.
Someone give this guy a medal.

Gamecube controllers suck!
Da ****?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Most of the opinions I read on SRK are stupid, no reason to use them as evidence of anything. Most of them are purists anyway.
The point was I was looking for reactions. None of the can be "stupid," because they are just someone's opinions.

And that doesn't take away from the fact that PW still got into the game despite no fighting background whatsoever.
My arguments have been that it is a bad decision, and since this is Capcom, I wouldn't put it past them for a bad decision.

If someone can show me that it can be applied to Megaman, then I'll stand corrected
Again, Megaman uses robot master abilities in his game. That's the point of the game. It's like saying Kirby isn't original because all he does is take abilities from enemies, so we should remove him because all he does is suck. The robot master's abilities are Megamans.

This isn't rocket science.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ok, you've given evidence that shows he can have a non-RM based moveset. So, I am open to the idea now.
Mega Man's copy move can be based on Robot Masters and their Special Weapons.

For example, copying Little Mac allows him to use Hard Man's Hard Knuckle. Copying Medusa allows him to use Snake Man's Search Snake. Copying Duck Hunt Dog allows him to use Hornet Man's special weapon, only it is with a duck instead of a bee.

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Phoenix Wright is one of the most fan wanted character for UMvC3

Just look at the view count of his trailer video, its overshadows the rest of the trailers.
Interesting point. I'll have to take at the youtube videos. I'd like to see what their opinion is.

It does also let me segway into something I've been thinking about. Since the opinions were more positive, it makes me think that fans really dont care what the character does and just want the character. I expected more negative feedback from PW for the reasons stated before, but it seems like fans are totally OK with it and instead welcome the addition. So I guess we should consider that the same could be true of AC.

It all comes down to Sakurai though. He does take great care to make some coherency in Smash, so he may be wary of going through with it. Although he did make a moveset for him.....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't suppose Sakurai, assuming he follows MvC even slightly, UPON HEARING ABOUT PHOENIX WRIGHT, would maybe reconsider Animal Crossing?

"Ah, make him fight without fighting. Yes, he can do that."

Maybe?!?!

You take inspiration where you can get it. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So....people are saying Megaman should copy Smash chracters abilities then? <_<

It should be from enemies of it's game instead, no need to make him a damn rip off of Kirby, isn't he original enough already? Weapon switcher?!!!!

If it is part of his design to be mandatory, he should just copy move from enemies of his game instead, to need to have another Kirby move that's gonna do the same moves from copying it's smash opponent.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm sorry but looking at this DHD debate, all I can do is laugh. It's the dumbest debate I've ever seen go on here. :laugh:

Also please take the Phoenix debate to the Lighthouse MvC3 thread. It shouldn't go here. And either way it's Capcom, they're unpredictable hypocrites, how this effects Smash in the slightest I wouldn't know. :facepalm:

As for taking any character out of their context and putting them in Smash, Toise and I discussed this and found the answer a while back, so pay attention please, either that or use common sense. :facepalm:

I'll be back later when I can stop laughing. :laugh:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Looking at just youtube views, PW's video got about 700K views. Other MvC 3 trailers had a lot more, but he is number one as far as Ultimate MvC 3 goes. And by quite a margin too.

"Ah, make him fight without fighting. Yes, he can do that."
Sounds a lot like him.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thing is Smashchu when it comes to fighting game rosters it is more about the personality and less about the practicality. Outside of hardcore groups most people are not as interested in how a character is implemented as long as they are. Granted, to a certain degree everyone cares, but not to the degree that you may think. The only time I see people really object to characters is because they perceive them as "pushing out" their character they wanted that is not playable. Which is where a lot of the Phoenix Wright antagonizing stems from, bitter Megaman fans.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thing is Smashchu when it comes to fighting game rosters it is more about the personality and less about the practicality. Outside of hardcore groups most people are not as interested in how a character is implemented as long as they are. Granted, to a certain degree everyone cares, but not to the degree that you may think. The only time I see people really object to characters is because they perceive them as "pushing out" their character they wanted that is not playable. Which is where a lot of the Phoenix Wright stems from, bitter Megaman fans.
You nailed it, Starphoenix!

[COLLAPSE="Pic related"]
[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

New avatar and new font. What do you think?

On-topic, I have been thinking about making a poll of some form on this forum about who is the most wanted 5th gen Pokemon for SSB4. Would be very interested to see how it's handled.

@Arcadenik: Ridley's exclusion is a mistake that should never be done again. He was due to get in since Melee.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You are missing the point. :rolleyes:
No, you are. Mr. Game & Watch IS attacking. Someone picking there nose, and the oponnent being hurt by that is 100% stupid. Game & Watch is more along the lines of Servbot than Phoenix Write.

I just feel like no one is seeing what I DO find wrong with Phoenix Write, and what I WOULDN'T find wrong with Tom Nook.

Bah.

It shall forever be known as the Year of the Top Tiers.
Top tier child.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Much better than the purple for sure! Should be easy on my eyes when I lurk on Smashboards on my phone.

Also, Ridley did not deserve to be in Melee at the time because Metroid was a retro series that didn't get a new game since 1994. Retro series only get one character (why do you think I suddenly started supporting Palutena and Medusa since 2010?). By now, yes, I would agree that the series warrants a second character... but not back in 2001.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would always object to the duck hunting dog. Even if I had Ridley.

@SSBF: You're a green Victini in my head now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No, you are. Mr. Game & Watch IS attacking. Someone picking there nose, and the oponnent being hurt by that is 100% stupid. Game & Watch is more along the lines of Servbot than Phoenix Write.

I just feel like no one is seeing what I DO find wrong with Phoenix Write, and what I WOULDN'T find wrong with Tom Nook.

Bah.
Boogerman for Smash! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom