• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it would be damn near impossible for a college student to have his hands on a dev kit... i need a publisher... dammit, i hate publishers... (no disrespect nintendo.)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
personally, i wished it to be a Wii U press conference. As a game Designer to-be, i already saw so many cool things i could do for the system... ooooo how i wish i was working for a game studiooooo... if i were making a game, i'd make it exclusive to Nintendo. it's how much i care for the company.

press conference at 4:00 AM pacific standard time... im in the pacific... so i'm not gonna go to sleep... lucky eastern users get it at 1:00 am
Ah, Eastern Tennessee... How easy you make my life sometimes...

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I WANT NINTENDO NEWS. I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ON THIRD PARTY. GIMME NINTY Wii U STUFF.
I love it when you add caps to your sentences, it's so cute when you exaggerate things to make your point stand out. ^.^

but yes, some ninty news about some of the lesser franchises like Custom Robo would be superb, after all, Nintendo lacking it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
We probably won't be hearing anything new at all about Wii U from Ninty until early next year at least.

They (especially Iwata) seem pretty reluctant to talk about it, and if recent rumors are true, they certainly have reason to be...

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know why they're being so quiet about it, considering the Wii U is being released next year. Maybe they're saving all the big news until right before it launches?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Alright peeps, seems there's NOTHING interesting right now, so....I'll check back later.

Back into my batcave

peace out.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We probably won't be hearing anything new at all about Wii U from Nintendo until early next year at least.

They seem pretty reluctant to talk about it, and if recent rumors are true, they certainly have reason to be...
I honestly don't believe those rumors. They've sent a select amount of dev kits to companies so they CAN MAKE/MESS AROUND with game ideas for the Wii U. I just think it's a rumor. One that sounds easily believable because of the 3DS disaster. You can say ANYTHING at the right time and get people to believe it. They have so much support right now, I just don't see THIS MUCH support happening for a "Broken system".

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I honestly don't believe those rumors. They've sent a select amount of dev kits to companies so they CAN MAKE/MESS AROUND with game ideas for the Wii U. I just think it's a rumor. One that sounds easily believable because of the 3DS disaster. You can say ANYTHING at the right time and get people to believe it. They have so much support right now, I just don't see THIS MUCH support happening for a "Broken system".
I believe the rumors are BS too but it does kinda make you wonder why they suddenly canceled the Wii U's scheduled appearance at Gamescom back in August...

Although I think they know a lot of attention will be on the Wii U because of the 3DS' shortcomings so I think they're just taking as much as they need to make sure to polish the system and whatnot.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I believe the rumors are BS too but it does kinda make you wonder why they suddenly canceled the Wii U's scheduled appearance at Gamescom back in August...

Although I think they know a lot of attention will be on the Wii U because of the 3DS' shortcomings so I think they're just taking as much as they need to make sure to polish the system and whatnot.

Nintendo isn't stupid. They're trying to make up for the flop 3DS launch with all these cool games coming out this holiday season, and then 2012 is speckled with 3rd party 3DS games. They aren't going to make the same mistake like they did with the 3DS.

Beyond the Labyrinth looks awesome btw~

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A New 3DS press conference this Friday October 21. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/111021/index.html
Interesting. Too bad I'm busy all Friday night, my school's doing a Harold & Kumar movie maration, and there's no way I'm missing that. :cool:

I hope so. "Iwata being ejected" is nonsence to me.
As for all the above, I found a well written article that I encourge you all to read.

Is the Media trying to kill Nintendo?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Screw attack never properly loads for me, but the media seems to have a really big love/hate relationship with Nintendo. At the end of the day though, I'm confident that there is a reason they are as big as they are. There is a reason Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu are household names ect. There is a reason they are a cultural phenomenon creator. They know what they're doing.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
So...slow...
I just thought of something I've never seen before.
Skull Kid as an Assist Trophy. He would drop the moon on top of the characters(terrible I know; I can't think of anything else. :p)
And am I the only Starfy supporter on this forum? It seems like nobody else thinks he has a good shot, when he could be a really fun character to use.

No... Starfy has a support group you should join it, I'm all for him getting in but I heard Sakurai dislikes him so we'll have to see what happens.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Who would eject Iwata? He's the CEO, the only way for him to quit is if he resigned on his own accord.
Actually I think Stockholders can vote him out. I'm not sure, I know nothing about economics.

But at this point the only way he would be fired right now would be if the holiday season this year was a failure.

But seeing that it'll have the 3DS and Wii at lower prices, SS, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Pokemon Rumble Blast, etc. I severely doubt anything other then major sales.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No... Starfy has a support group you should join it, I'm all for him getting in but I heard Sakurai dislikes him so we'll have to see what happens.
Okay. Where is this support group? I'd like to be more informed before I make a decision.
As for Sakurai disliking Starfy, I don't think that makes sense. If it were true, why would he have let Starfy become an AT in Brawl? Nintendo also publishes the Starfy series. Don't know if Sakurai is involved in that, but if he is, then he could've chosen not to publish them(which, I remind you, didn't happen). So I think the rumor that Sakurai dislikes Starfy is a bunch of BS from Starfy-haters.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
More accurately, if you could imagine this in comic form, you would tell everybody a BIG LONG idea, but no one would listen due to BIG LONG. Then you'd sulk and drink your java. Your tears giving it its flavor. Your crocodile tears.

Awful.
*weeps at interpretation*

Also, I would actually have to be an alligator. Because that means I could be modeled off this guy.
[COLLAPSE="Louis"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Just swap the trumpet with a trombone (my main instrument), add in the coffee (which ironically I hate the taste of in real life), and you've got JavaGatorCroc.

For the Super Leaf to be a cool item, it would have to give every character a raccoon tail. Since I could see a few technical issues with that, I'd probably not expect it to be an item.

If we did get a new Mario item, I hope it's Kuribo's Shoe. I'M CALLING IT, mountable items will be the new thing. Maybe the Ice Flower, to show off the WiiU TECH, could turn you all a translucent blue. And screw with your traction, I guess. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, really. Your F-Smash would send you flying forward as if you were on an icy surface.
Kuribo's Shoe would be frickin' awesome. I want to jump about the stage in a freakin' GIANT BOOT!!!

Another great item for Smash I'm surprised hasn't made an appearance would be the Cucco from Zelda. Unleash a flying, pecking wave of chicken terror on your enemies!

I have an idea. Super Smash Bros. 4 should have a new mode called Profile Mode. Profile Mode is when you select a character and the profile loads. You can look through the character's profile entirely.
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWMiKgv4UuA
Sounds like character trophies. I'd prefer they update trophy descriptions to include this additonal information in this form of organization specifically for characters. It could split into "Background", "Abilities", and "Final Smash" sections.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@JavaGator
I think that's a good idea(the trophy organization). I want to know more about the characters than a little 2-paragraph tidbit of knowledge.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Would anyone be interested in seeing a trophy list? Complete with clicky links of each character and neatly organized? I love me some trophies, and I LOVE ME some list making.

So, would anyone want to see my ideal trophy list? I've done rosters, AT's, Pokeballs, but never a COMPLETE trophy list.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
So, that news was proven false? Iwata isn't leaving Nintendo?

I feel bad for all the smaller franchises. For the most part, their fates depend on the fans.:(

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@JavaGator
I think that's a good idea(the trophy organization). I want to know more about the characters than a little 2-paragraph tidbit of knowledge.
At the very least, it'd allow for more information on the backgrounds of the objects and characters on each individual trophy. Giving it additional information such as abilities for characters would help compress all the information down to one trophy instead of two of three trophies for each character.

To make up for the lack of extra trophies for each playable character, make their trophies uniquely animated. When a player activates a link to, I dunno, a description of Mario's Fireball move, Mario will perform his fireball move while on his trophy pedestal.

Would anyone be interested in seeing a trophy list? Complete with clicky links of each character and neatly organized? I love me some trophies, and I LOVE ME some list making.

So, would anyone want to see my ideal trophy list? I've done rosters, AT's, Pokeballs, but never a COMPLETE trophy list.
I'm interested. I do enjoy collecting trophies in the Smash games, although I'd prefer if the trophies had hand-crafted models like Melee's models rather than the ripped models of Brawl.

Fortunately, they'll probably be forced to create their own trophy models for SSB4's Wii U version at least to show the many characters and items of Nintendo in HD quality.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So, that news was proven false? Iwata isn't leaving Nintendo?

I feel bad for all the smaller franchises. For the most part, their fates depend on the fans.:(
Smaller franchises: The rant

Whenever we discuss smaller franchises, I often feel torn. On one side, we have all these decent characters, with a decent fanbase. Some parts of me used to want a lot of smaller franchise characters. Some people can try and say that Sakurai may be looking at the smaller franchises because of a misquote that this thread loves to bring up. Anyways, for a long period of time I've been good, I've decided forced myself to believe Andy from Advanced Wars should take precedence over Bowser Jr, but now I’m thinkin' what the hell!? What the hell? Why do I push for characters I DON'T EVEN LIKE. Heck, why would Sakurai add a large amount of characters who people don't really care about? We have the bigger names, like Golden Sun, Punch out, and Animal Crossing who are good choices, and that’s fine. I agree with them. I agree that we should see them, along with some retros. BUT WHY should we have Ray MK in the game instead of Krystal? Why? Smaller franchises are SMALL for a reason. There is a reason why Sakurai doesn’t go crazy with them. Because there isn’t a reason to. I respect the smaller franchises, but I’m no longer going to try and fool myself into believing I want to see Lip in before Deoxys. Smaller franchises don’t make the impact that bigger ones do, and I WANT me some new Pokes. I’m EXCITED for the possible new DK characters. I’m not excited for Little Mac…

This overabundance of people expecting like 10 new franchises entering Smash is unlikely, unnecessary, and unwanted. There’s a reason why we debate Pokemon/Mario/StarFox and not Smaller franchises. (Because people take sides AND CARE about the bigger franchise)

I'm interested. I do enjoy collecting trophies in the Smash games, although I'd prefer if the trophies had hand-crafted models like Melee's models rather than the ripped models of Brawl.

Fortunately, they'll probably be forced to create their own trophy models for SSB4's Wii U version at least to show the many characters and items of Nintendo in HD quality.
AGREED.

yani_

Smash Ace

I'd love to see that. Make sure you throw in a Bunny Mario (SML2) !

Cuccoos would actually be a kick-butt* -__- assist trophy

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This overabundance of people expecting like 10 new franchises entering Smash is unlikely, unnecessary, and unwanted. There’s a reason why we debate Pokemon/Mario/StarFox and not Smaller franchises. (Because people take sides AND CARE about the bigger franchise)
Wait how many are people expecting?

Melee only added 3 new franchises.

Brawl only added 6 new franchises, 2 were 3rd party.

So if anything I'm only expecting between 3-5 new franchises, with at least one being 3rd party. 10 is rediculous to expect.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I checked out the Starfy group, and boy was I surprised when I saw nearly everyone here was a member!
BTW, I posted my Final Smash idea there.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait how many are people expecting?

Melee only added 3 new franchises.

Brawl only added 6 new franchises, 2 were 3rd party.

So if anything I'm only expecting between 3-5 new franchises, with at least one being 3rd party. 10 is rediculous to expect.
I've seen a heck of a lot of rosters this past week. Some have like seven or eight new franchises, and like five new characters for the already existing franchises. Okay, I'm going to go ahead and make my trophy list thingy now~

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Smaller franchises: The rant

Whenever we discuss smaller franchises, I often feel torn. On one side, we have all these decent characters, with a decent fanbase. Some parts of me used to want a lot of smaller franchise characters. Some people can try and say that Sakurai may be looking at the smaller franchises because of a misquote that this thread loves to bring up. Anyways, for a long period of time I've been good, I've decided forced myself to believe Andy from Advanced Wars should take precedence over Bowser Jr, but now I’m thinkin' what the hell!? What the hell? Why do I push for characters I DON'T EVEN LIKE. Heck, why would Sakurai add a large amount of characters who people don't really care about? We have the bigger names, like Golden Sun, Punch out, and Animal Crossing who are good choices, and that’s fine. I agree with them. I agree that we should see them, along with some retros. BUT WHY should we have Ray MK in the game instead of Krystal? Why? Smaller franchises are SMALL for a reason. There is a reason why Sakurai doesn’t go crazy with them. Because there isn’t a reason to. I respect the smaller franchises, but I’m no longer going to try and fool myself into believing I want to see Lip in before Deoxys. Smaller franchises don’t make the impact that bigger ones do, and I WANT me some new Pokes. I’m EXCITED for the possible new DK characters. I’m not excited for Little Mac…

I personally only expect at most five new franchises in SSB4. Although things could change, Sakurai has shown he's not very intersted in what the smaller franchises have to offer. If he was going to add more new franchises, he would have added more in Brawl when franchises like Golden Sun and Custom Robo were going strong. He didn't. IMO, when Sakurai refers to a "lack of characters to add", it actually signifies he's more likely to add more characters to the veteran franchises - including possibly some "over-repped" ones.

In terms of what I want for Smash, I'm split on the topic of getting the smaller franchises. I think the series should revolve more around all of Nintendo and not just it's few biggest franchises, but it's a series for "Nintendo All-Stars". Characters like Saki and Ray MK, who aren't very well known worldwide really, probably don't really make the cut as true "All-Stars" of Nintendo.

As my rosters have shown, I'm usually supportive of getting smaller franchises in before we continue adding characters to veteran franchises, but it's not a decision I make without some disagreement in my head.

BTW, good luck with that trophy list.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Super Mario

1. Birdo
2. Bowser
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Cackletta
5. Daisy
6. Doctor Mario
7. Fawful
8. Geno
9. Hammer Bro
10. King Boo
11. Koopa
12. Lakitu
13. Luigi
14. Mallow
15. Mario
16. Paper Mario
17. Peach
18. Petey Piranha
19. Rosalina and Luma
20. Shadow Queen Peach
21. Smithy
22. Tanookie Suit Mario
23. Toad
24. Toadsworth
25. Waluigi

How do we feel about the 25 Mario characters? (Not Including Yoshi/Wario characters)

Any suggestions? I know I missed someone, so please point some swaps out.

ADD TO LIST:
Egadd
Bogmire (Maybe)
Pauline (Maybe)

Dry Bowser and Toadette are filler, and I already have thing king and Queen of filler (Daisy and Waluigi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom