• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i said the "intent of" being made with smash 5 in the future. all those are me, just brainstorming constantly... i suppose i sprung a leak... there are many things that i think up... and i'm sorry if i offended your mind.

yani_

Smash Ace
Besides even if we use up all the old franchises , by the time smash 5 is even announced i'm sure they'll be new ones..

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
you can conserve.
Bad idea. You should never try to withhold content for a game that you could easily include otherwise under the assumption that there may be another installment. All that's going to do is piss people off.

A few characters aren't going to justify the idea of artificially prolonging a series. An entirely new game doesn't need to be made because of a few characters, period, especially since we live in the digital age where Sora can easily releases characters and whatnot as DLC. There's more to Smash than just characters, anyway.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For all we know, Sakurai may intend for this game to be his last and try to get all of his ideas out in his game if possible. This would include characters and stages.

Heck, he works on these games as if it was the last he ever created.
Inafune said he treated the MM games the exact same way...

Bad idea. You should never try to withhold content for a game that you could easily include otherwise under the assumption that there may be another installment. All that's going to do is piss people off.

A few characters aren't going to justify the idea of artificially prolonging a series. An entirely new game doesn't need to be made because of a few characters, period. Especially since we live in the digital where Sora can easily releases characters and whatnot as DLC. There's more to Smash than just characters, anyway.

Tell that to Capcom. :facepalm:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
i said the "intent of" being made with smash 5 in the future. all those are me, just brainstorming constantly... i suppose i sprung a leak... there are many things that i think up... and i'm sorry if i offended your mind.
I'm not offended, I'm getting confused. Especially when you contradicted yourself.

Besides even if we use up all the old franchises , by the time smash 5 is even announced i'm sure they'll be new ones..
I would think so too.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no... i didn't contradict myself. but, it's best to just move on with smash 4 talk.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i cant be blamed for being me. curse this web diagram shaped mind.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
let me put it another way... say there is going to be a smash 5 for the next console after Wii U... Smash 5 is announced without sakurai's intent...

what are we left with in terms of new characters? crap.
you can conserve.
I don't get this statement.

It sounds like you're saying if Sakurai isn't choosing the characters, there'll be terrible character choices.

Character choices are purely subjective. Though judging by the type of characters that have been introduced in past games, you can more or less tell what a "good" character stands for.

Example:

Pit (main character)
Olimar (main character)
ZSS (main character, different attire and moveset) ((not very well received though))
Sonic (main character)
Snake (main character)
Lucario (pokemon generation rep)
Pokemon Trainer (main character of Gen 1 pokemon)
Wario (former main enemy, main character of warioland/Warioware)
Lucas (main character from Mother 3)
Ike (main character from FE9)
Wolf (main character's rival)
Metaknight (main character's rival)
Dedede (main character's villain)
Diddy (main character's sidekick)

So, in my opinion, a GOOD characrer choice would be one that
a.- is the main character (very good choice)
b.- is the main villain (good choice)
c.- is a supporting role for the character (mildly good choice)

There are exceptions. I have mixed feelings about ROB because he doesn't have a game where he IS the main character. But he IS iconic to Nintendo in a way... And cameos of him have been recurring since the 90's.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.

Waluigi or Bowser Jr, for example are not very good character suggestions because both are... Main enemy's supporting character. (I do approve of Bowser Jr. but I don't think he'll be an ideal character choice)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SSB4 was thrown at Sakurai without his intent.

Just saying.
I think you mean Brawl. SSB4 was kept strictly between Sakurai and Iwata for the longest time before they came to the decision. If anything, he's more eager to do it this time around.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the intent i refer to is how i stated, "oh, sorry if i made it sound like smash 4 is being made with the intent of making a smash 5... it wasn't my intention to make it sound like that."

it means that i did not mean to make it sound like this next smash is being made with thoughts for future installments... what's not to get about that? anything and everything regarding smash 5 is purely conceived by my afterthoughts. (these haunting afterthoughts... a few people in the original ssb4 thread experienced them)

i extremely dislike it when something said by me is represented in the wrong light... even if it's extremely insignificant... sorry about it all and... MOVING ON!!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Finished spriting my new avatar, but it'll be at least Friday before I can change it.
Stupid brain! Forgetting my password like that! For shame!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tryphen, you would be a talking a tri-spoon that melts at the first sign of flaming.
I just did the "I just woke up and my throat hurts so I hate laughing" laugh at this. THIS IS SO PERFECT.

Ewww. You make clones if you HAVE to. Not from the freaking get go. Goodness. You silly posters.

YOU KNOW WHO LIKES BANDANA DEE? :awesome: I do believe it's Toise

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I just did the "I just woke up and my throat hurts so I hate laughing" laugh at this. THIS IS SO PERFECT.

Ewww. You make clones if you HAVE to. Not from the freaking get go. Goodness. You silly posters.

YOU KNOW WHO LIKES BANDANA DEE? :awesome: I do believe it's Toise
He will have to wait for Smash 5. But in all seriousness, I still wouldn't be surprised if he made it in.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh you better not harp on that for the duration of the thread.

sooo... final smashes... does anyone know what any newcomers would do?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I am now hoping they don't do another rock remix of Gourmet Race...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i got over it...

why? how about a ska remix of gourmet race?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYZQIUwezg8

"I am eating food, sweet and tasty dishes, dude
It is loads of fun but all these calories are bad for you
Chinese, sushi please, Spanish, Thai Food, it's all good!
Shove it all in my mouth and I will give you cash"

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
i got over it...

why? how about a ska remix of gourmet race?
I don't know. I just don't think Gourmet Race is the right song for a rock remix.

At a rock concert:
Lead Singer: All right! Now it's time for some Gourmet Race!
Guy: Ugh... :facepalm:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
y'know, i still don't know what touhou is... i know there is music cause i subscribe to a few that present touhou music... ChaosAngel209 (i think) submits many.... but what the hell is touhou?

i know they made a MegamanMetroidVania Touhou game but what the hell makes it touhou?

not smash related, i know... so lets make it smash related!

(bad excuse for touhou talk) i want custom music so i can have my touhou music... (that was close)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So, in the Nintendo Strong!! debate group Isaac just defeated Dk. Does anyone here know a decent amount of Knowledge on Medusa or K. Rool? I can speak on K. Rool, but I know I don't know TOO MUCH.

Any KI or DK experts in here? IF SO, Nintendo strong wants YOU.

I want some cult classics in SSBMusic. Like Lavender Town/Pokemon Tower and The song of Healing.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Medusa... in smash bros, will she use petrification attacks? im thinking that the enemy can just shake it off like sleep, y'know? like in god of war?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, K. Rool's armor is so shiny it would reflect her stare and turn herself into stone. Plus K. Rool was the harder in-game boss anyway. K. Rool wins.

I finished my next game review, Mega Man V (GB), feel free to check it out in the blogs. ;)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey peeps, just got back from my batcave, so it seems this place is slow right now. :/

I prefer Medusa because of he antagonist status, Plalutena o's fine but I feel Smash Bros does need more antagonist to balance out the game is all.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So...slow...
I just thought of something I've never seen before.
Skull Kid as an Assist Trophy. He would drop the moon on top of the characters(terrible I know; I can't think of anything else. :p)
And am I the only Starfy supporter on this forum? It seems like nobody else thinks he has a good shot, when he could be a really fun character to use.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
personally, i wished it to be a Wii U press conference. As a game Designer to-be, i already saw so many cool things i could do for the system... ooooo how i wish i was working for a game studiooooo... if i were making a game, i'd make it exclusive to Nintendo. it's how much i care for the company.

press conference at 4:00 AM pacific standard time... im in the pacific... so i'm not gonna go to sleep... lucky eastern users get it at 1:00 am

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
personally, i wished it to be a Wii U press conference. As a game Designer to-be, i already saw so many cool things i could do for the system... ooooo how i wish i was working for a game studiooooo... if i were making a game, i'd make it exclusive to Nintendo. it's how much i care for the company.

press conference at 4:00 AM pacific standard time.
Basically a **** ton, AND I DO MEAN A **** TON of 3rd party developers are all over the Wii U, and if they aren't they wanna be. I'm so suprised Nintendo's Wii U has SO MUCH gaming world support. You're not the ONLY one who wants a dev kit. P:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom