• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Descriptions?

Let me guess, I'd be Palutena in the nerd glasses with a giant spoon as my staff. :rolleyes:

As for the Mario items, the Super Leaf sounds like fun (Raccon Ganondorf, Falcon, and Snake :awesome:), but I can see some issues happening with that.

Higgens

Smash Cadet
I mean it'd be pretty awesome. But like he said the tail would be the kicker. But I just realized the bunny hood puts ears on everyone so why would a tail be hard?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I mean it'd be pretty awesome. But like he said the tail would be the kicker. But I just realized the bunny hood puts ears on everyone so why would a tail be hard?
Because some characters already have tails or capes in the way. I mean, it could be dealt with, but that'd be quite a bit of effort I'd think.

Also Snake might eat his own tail. Tasty.

Tryphen, you would be a talking a tri-spoon that melts at the first sign of flaming.

Higgens

Smash Cadet
Because some characters already have tails or capes in the way. I mean, it could be dealt with, but that'd be quite a bit of effort I'd think.

Also Snake might eat his own tail. Tasty.

Tryphen, you would be a talking a tri-spork that melts at the first sign of flaming.
Ahhh true story. Didn't think about that. I mean they could just give everyone racoon ears, but it just wouldn't be the same...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tryphen, you would be a talking a tri-spoon that melts at the first sign of flaming.
While I'm not sure about flamming causing me to melt, but whatever. :rolleyes:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ganondorf not in SSB4? Yeah... what. I mean, okay, if he was replaced by Toon Ganondorf, sweet. Otherwise, unneeded.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
He should get his dark magic based moveset or sword based one or a combination of both actually, and balance him out, he was horrible in Brawl.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, seeing as he was still sort of a clone in Brawl (Wolf, Falco and Lucas are more unique in moves than him) and wasn't exactly popular neither as a final boss in TP nor as a playable Brawl character I could see him getting cut. He also probably isn't in Skyward Sword, but now that I think of it, it didn't stopped Sheik earlier either.

Pre-Brawl I was personally hoping Sheik would get cut, and Zelda would've been given her rapier-like sword ; this one specifically http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-03/art/tp-zelda-render.jpg. So I was kind of dissapointed to see how they did Zelda and Ganon in Brawl (both sword-less). I felt they could've done much more with the Zelda characters (instead of being nerfed to hell).

But OoT 3D would probably safe Sheik and Ganon from getting cut. All I hope is that they AT LEAST try to give Ganon some more unique moves. Half sword user, half brawler with some magic for his B moves is what I'm hoping for. Safe the Falcon clone stuff for a character from F Zero or something.

Still, I wouldn't be suprised to see some "suprising" character cuts either.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Diddy: He's still freaking Ganondorf. As long as LoZ is one of the top franchises, he'll never be cut. But I agree, he should not be a clone of Falcon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unlike Mewtwo, Ganondorf is actually a main character in Zelda. They share a semi-similar role, but one's more important. And he's not planned to be in Skyward Sword, although he could have a cameo. As in, they talk about his past. I forgot who it was, but they made it clear you won't be facing him in SS. So that's pretty much not an option.

And frankly, OoT and TP Ganondorf were meh to me. Toon Ganondorf was the only interesting one character-wise. The other two were flat as hell.

As for Sheik, she might not even return at this point. Unless they make a SS version of her with concept art.

Also, did i just read someone wanting Zelda herself to have a sword? She's one of the few mages we have. Let's leave her that way. She just needs overall buffing, not a new moveset.

OmegaXXII

I hope Black Shadow makes it, that way,ganon Wouldnt ever be a clone, it makes for sense for B.Shadow to take that falcon moveset instead.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Me to. If done right, Luigified characters are actually quite fun. Take Ness / Lucas for example. Or Fox / Wolf (or Falco, Wolf is actually pretty unique). Heck, even Toon Link is fun to play as (but tbh, could be because Link himself just sucks badly). So I'm in for more of these sort of semi clones. Examples being:

Mewtwo / Lucario (think Fox / Wolf)
Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong
C.Falcon / Black Shadow (Ganon's brawl moveset, or something similar)
Marth / Roy (would he come back)
*Ike / Chrome / Krom (would Ike stay, which I'd like honestly)

EDIT: Damn you guys are quick. This post was in response to King Omasassekke XXVIII's first post after mine.

Higgens

Smash Cadet
They really do need to redo his moveset, but I think if they include another F Zero character they should pick one that wouldn't have to be a clone either. Like Goroh of course lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They really do need to redo his moveset, but I think if they include another F Zero character they should pick one that wouldn't have to be a clone either. Like Goroh of course lol.
Well they could make Goroh a sort of Luigified Ganon clone (implying Ganon gets a satisfying moveset)? Both are long sword users.

Higgens

Smash Cadet
Well they could make Goroh a sort of Luigified Ganon clone (implying Ganon gets a satisfying moveset)? Both are long sword users.
True story. If they don't include Ganon's sword somehow in this next game I'll be surprised. He's just one character that didn't get that big of a revamp melee to brawl, and I don't think they'll let it slide again...hopefully.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ganondorf has no sword as of yet(in actual gameplay).

Also, Goroh doesn't need to be a clone. I mean, he might have similarities to sword users in general, but that's it.

And to be honest, unless it's Toon Ganondorf, I don't expect anything more than a more luigified moveset.

OmegaXXII

Me to. If done right, Luigified characters are actually quite fun. Take Ness / Lucas for example. Or Fox / Wolf (or Falco, Wolf is actually pretty unique). Heck, even Toon Link is fun to play as (but tbh, could be because Link himself just sucks badly). So I'm in for more of these sort of semi clones. Examples being:

Mewtwo / Lucario (think Fox / Wolf)
Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong
C.Falcon / Black Shadow (Ganon's brawl moveset, or something similar)
Marth / Roy (would he come back)
*Ike / Chrome / Krom (would Ike stay, which I'd like honestly)

EDIT: Damn you guys are quick. This post was in response to King Omasassekke XXVIII's first post after mine.
Yeah, they aren't that bad like people make them out to be, just as long as some diversity is shown through their moves with some balancing differences then it really shouldn't be that bad, I'm all for luigified character if done right.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If it means more characters, why not?
Dixie - Diddy clone
King K. Rool - Bowser clone
Ridley - Charizard clone
Palutena - Zelda clone
Victini - Jigglypuff clone
Takamaru - Link clone
Saki - Marth clone
Samurai Goroh - Ike clone
Mega Man - Samus clone

A WHOLE ROSTER, RUINED.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dixie - Diddy clone
King K. Rool - Bowser clone
Ridley - Charizard clone
Palutena - Zelda clone
Victini - Jigglypuff clone
Takamaru - Link clone
Saki - Marth clone
Samurai Goroh - Ike clone
Mega Man - Samus clone

A WHOLE ROSTER, RUINED.
Goroh would be more like Marth or Lyn. He's a fast longsword user. Only Smash character similar to Ike would be Ganondorf(with sword) or Roy. At most.

Also, Victini would probably be like Pikachu with fire powers. :p

But yes, agreed. Clones are fine in general, if they're from the SAME series. Pichu and Doc, and even Young Link were understandable. The rest were annoying, but dealable. Hell, Ganondorf was still a great character in Melee.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's just, the better mindset to have would be "What can this character add?" not "What can this character do that has already been done?"

THAT KIND OF THINKING GAVE US SHADOW MARIO AND PICHU/BABY BROS. GROSS.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We don't really need Dr. Mario as a separate entity. Mario is already on the roster, so why not just make Dr. Mario an alternate outfit.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Not talking about what we "need" or what's "necessary". What I'm saying is that if he comes back, he should stay a clone. Simple as that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's just, the better mindset to have would be "What can this character add?" not "What can this character do that has already been done?"

THAT KIND OF THINKING GAVE US SHADOW MARIO AND PICHU/BABY BROS. GROSS.
I actually like those characters, though. Albeit, the Baby Bros. shouldn't be in Smash, though.

And I enjoyed playing with Pichu. My only gripes with Sunshine were problems with the game itself, not the characters.

I never had a problem with clones in general. They're not actually "bad" or anything.

OmegaXXII

That's a cool theory, I need Star here.

I agree with M&S guy, Mario is Mario so an alternate is all that's needed.

Looks like I contradicted myself, well, change in opinion.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I actually like those characters, though. Albeit, the Baby Bros. shouldn't be in Smash, though.

And I enjoyed playing with Pichu. My only gripes with Sunshine were problems with the game itself, not the characters.

I never had a problem with clones in general. They're not actually "bad" or anything.
What I meant is, when people suggest a Bowser Jr. to Shadow Mario transformation they'll say "He could be like Sheik!" and when people suggest something like the Pichu Bros or Baby Bros they'll say "They could be like the Ice Climbers!"

To be like another character wouldn't make them unique, y'know? And I'm going to have to disagree and say clones aren't "good" either. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom