• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Roster Designer: A freaking Opossom

:troll:

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Junior, Yoshi, Wario

- I like the Doc costume, as well as the newcomer. Junior is my Mario man. Anyways, basically you did it right I suppose. You had the option to add a Wario character without real reason behind it and I probably would have been fine. It’s wonky choices and Yoshi reps I usually find fault in. OH YEA 5.5/5 (For the costume reference:awesome:) (Also, you’re the second person EVER to get a 5.5)

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool

- YUNODixie? Meh. Okay. Maybe you’re going for a conservative roster, or you spent your extra token elsewhere….it better have been in KI or…..KI…. because that’s the only other place I see being priority over DK series. Now, 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Ghirahim

- THIS IS WHERE YOU SPEND YOUR TOKENS? Erg. Dock. Ghirahim is a bad choice….. but compared to others, and all the hype SS is creating QUITE the Nintendo fuss. I COULD SEE SOMETHING CRAZY HAPPENING. 3/5 (A point off for spending tokens poorly, and another for the choice you made with adding Ghirahim)

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

- That’s a good Opossom *Hand feeds you oats* 5/5

Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, ROY

- Good cat. Next time, remember to say “Luigified”. I won’t deduct points because you said (or Chrome) like a smart cat….opossum…marsupial… 5/5

Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

- No cat. BAD. Seriously though…I’m a POKEMANZ conservative. This is a no go on my part. Good choices, not PICK ONE TO GO. JUST LIKE THIS POINT AND A HALF~ 3.5/5

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- I just saw a travesty. Your butt IS MINE NEXT CATEGORY. This is good though….10/10

StarFox & F-Zero: Fox, Wolf, Falco, Captain Falcon
- WHY? WHY? So far we have: Roy, Victini, K. Rool, BJboy, unneeded Debbie, and Ridley…. THAT IS IT. I’m busting your hide Opossum. BAD. 6/10….SF looks FINE.

Smaller Franchises: IC’s ROB, G&W, Olimar, Pit, Medusa, Isaac, Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Starfy, Muddy Mole

- GOOD PICKS ME HAVE NO COMPLAINTS~ 10/10

Third Party Characters: Sonic, Snake, Megaman
- FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE 5/5

OVERALL APPEARANCE: Good roster, after I saw where you spent your tokens. Ummm, I know why you added another LoZ, and I DON’T CARE if it doesn’t match up with Mario or not, do NOT deprive me of Dixie, Samurai, or Krystal for Debbie EVER.

Good job you not cat mammal.

Top Tier Roster Makers
1. Iblis 95%
2. StarPhoenix 93.5%
3. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%

Upper Tier Roster Makers.
4. JavaCroc 91%
5. Opossum 90%
6. Oasis 83%
7. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
8. Berserker 77%
9. Asage 76.5%
10. Steam 76%

Ganon Tier Roster Makers
11. Swayne 62%

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The stronger I try to make my prediction roster, the more boring it becomes. Maybe SheriffChu was right all along.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The stronger I try to make my prediction roster, the more boring it becomes. Maybe SheriffChu was right all along.
That's the thing, SheriffChu WAS RIGHT. I think Star DOES have the right idea though. Sakurai really doesn't think much of the Nintendo smallfries. I'm honestly expecting something like:

Isaac
Little Mac
Takamaru
Shulk
Mii's

Thas about out.... maybe switch Taka for someone else? And Shulk for Saki if Sakurai is a stickler about new IP or something

I can see us getting more Mario, DK, StarFox, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, F-Zero pretty easily. Heck even WarioWare and LoZ could get some more characters.

I wonder what Omega would look like in your drawings? :awesome: He would probably wear an "I love Debbie because he isn't Tingle" shirt.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isaac, Little Mac, Takamaru, SAKI, and Mii sounds about right.

HURM. MAYBE KEEP GOROH OUT IN FAVOR OF MACH RIDER. No, that wouldn't be fair. On my ROSTER IMAGE the two would be in SUCH A PLACE that they would be interchangeable... COINCIDENCE?!

So then with those five, plus Mega Man, that would be SIX just like STARPHOENIX suggested. AAAA. WHY DO THIS GUYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT AND ALSO BORING.

Omega would definitely be in a cheerleaders uniform. Possibly a parrot in a cheerleader's uniform. A magenta parrot.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Isaac, Little Mac, Takamaru, SAKI, and Mii sounds about right.

HURM. MAYBE KEEP GOROH OUT IN FAVOR OF MACH RIDER. No, that wouldn't be fair. On my ROSTER IMAGE the two would be in SUCH A PLACE that they would be interchangeable... COINCIDENCE?!

So then with those five, plus Mega Man, that would be SIX just like STARPHOENIX suggested. AAAA. WHY DO THIS GUYS HAVE TO BE RIGHT AND ALSO BORING.
I'm thinkin' the major franchises is where we're gonna get out "bread and butter" type of OMG YES~~~~~ characters. I mean, I know it's sad but...I'm most excited for Krystal, Mario, Wario, Kid Icarus, and Pokemon.....so lame...but it's just how it is. I just prefer the big series over the stupid small ones. Minus TLS, because TLS is going to probably make me turn completely straight for ten whole minutes. Its that mind bendingly awesome. Too awesome to be anything but hetero.

Omega would definitely be in a cheerleaders uniform. Possibly a parrot in a cheerleader's uniform. A magenta parrot.
lol. We think so much alike. It's weird HOW MANY TIMES him and I have butted heads? What about SSBF? I don't know what could convey "impressionable" and "Random *** reasoning"....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm thinkin' the major franchises is where we're gonna get out "bread and butter" type of OMG YES~~~~~ characters. I mean, I know it's sad but...I'm most excited for Krystal, Mario, Wario, Kid Icarus, and Pokemon.....so lame...but it's just how it is. I just prefer the big series over the stupid small ones. Minus TLS, because TLS is going to probably make me turn completely straight for ten whole minutes. Its that mind bedingly awesome. Too awesome to be anything but hetero.
I guess if that means Bowser Jr., Krystal, Ridley, and K. Rool then COOL. Would Medusa count?

lol. We think so much alike. It's weird HOW MANY TIMES him and I have butted heads? What about SSBF? I don't know what could convey "impressionable" and "Random *** reasoning"....
I think of SSBF as a Victini head with big nerd glasses on a body something like this. He also holds a calculator all the time and mentions the chances of anything at every... chance he gets. He must also wear gloves to prevent his fingers from getting all callused up.

The chance of that being terribly offensive... is hopefully 0%.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I guess if that means Bowser Jr., Krystal, Ridley, and K. Rool then COOL. Would Medusa count?
Oh girl it does~

QUOTE]I think of SSBF as a Victini head with big nerd glasses on a body something like this. He also holds a calculator all the time and mentions the chances of anything at every... chance he gets. He must also wear gloves to prevent his fingers from getting all callused up.

The chance of that being terribly offensive... is hopefully 0%.[/QUOTE]

Dear god I cried when I read this. These just suit everyone so WELL. Who else is a big personality around here?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Animal rights activists have been protesting the inclusion of the duck hunting dog for Smash, so Sakurai will not be including him.
Eh....I heard different, actually highway patrol recently captured Mach Rider for Mach speeding through traffic thus he will not be able to EVER make it in Smash. :troll:

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Eh....I heard different, actually highway patrol recently captured Mach Rider for Mach speeding through traffic thus he will not be able to EVER make it in Smash. :troll:

I heard Obama and Sakurai are both furries who love balloon fight remakes so Tingle and Krystal got into Smash!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's all the time, why am I a pink parrot!? :3c

Shortie to me is someone who adores cats and furries thus why he always supports Krystal to da max! :awesome:

BTW..I seem to be the only one to not put up a roster, I wonder why, hmm.....well....back into my batcave I go!!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's all the time, why am I a pink parrot!? :3c

Shortie to me is someone who adores cats and furries thus why he always supports Krystal to da max! :awesome:

BTW..I seem to be the only one to not put up a roster, I wonder why, hmm.....well....back into my batcave I go!!!

I could go in depth with everything that makes this post oh so sweet, but... I'm gonna let it do the talking.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dear god I cried when I read this. These just suit everyone so WELL. Who else is a big personality around here?
ChronoBound would be... a milk carton. With a beard since he has been around for so long.

On the milk carton it would say "Have you seen my boy?" with a picture of Roy on it.

No no, that's dumb. I can't think of a good one for Starphoenix either. Except maybe a blue Starman with Slime's face on it.

SHORTIE. You would be you with, of course, short shorts. You'd also be wearing a blue hoodie with Krystal's ears on top. I would be wearing a purple hoodie with a yellow hat underneath that made it look like a goosebill. Y'know, so you could be a silly Kryscat, and I could be a silly Ridgoose. OR SOMETHING.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ChronoBound would be... a milk carton. With a beard since he has been around for so long.

On the milk carton it would say "Have you seen my boy?" with a picture of Roy on it.

No no, that's dumb. I can't think of a good one for Starphoenix either. Except maybe a blue Starman with Slime's face on it.
Nono, chrono's is good. lol. Star.....hmmmmmmm..... he does have UFO head.....hmmmm..... he seems to secretly know everything about everything...

IUNNO. I figured I would end up being a gay cat furry~ Was a close?

*edit*

I WAS. MWahahahaha~ We need our Pigma and the gang is complete.

I suppose Kuma could be something Ryu-knockoff ish? Asage and Steam could be conjoined twin Lucarios, who hate eachother.

.....lol "have you seen my boy?"....OMG. I love it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone ever thought of the option of Ganondorf being removed??

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How about a panda dressed like Fuerte? I don't even like Ryu.
No, shut up. I was already thinking it would be Fuerte but with a panda mask. You could maybe hold a giant wrench since you love your precious MECHANICS.

Can I work Kumatora in there somehow.

@Iblis: I think I would have to draw what I think of you...

@Diddy: Impossible.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I feel that giving the option to NOT use the other Pokemon goes against the very nature of Pokemon trainer? That's why I said, no fixy, just cuty and maybe keep Charizard.

Java has my vote. I mean, it's a much better way they should have implemented PT from the begining. None of this crazy "LEARN TO PLAY AS THREE CONTINOUSLY CHANGING POKEMON!" stuff.

Also, I think you need a Black and white trainer to choose from, it only makes sense. I chose Dawn/Lucas because Lucario need "his" trainer, Read and Leaf have Jiggs/Mewtwo/Char/Pika covered, and Black and White would be there for the fifth gen pokemon.
Oh yeah, I got support for my idea! :awesome:

I guess I would be...

... a crocodile drinking coffee? :p

Maybe not quite descriptive enough of me. I'd have to be someone with too much imagination and "HEY EVERBODY, LOOK AT MY IDEA!!!!"

And I feel this is one of the most pointless posts I will ever make. Time constraints. :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If I based my description on my name, I would...basically...be a really old Poppy Bro. :p
But if I base it on the avatar I start spriting today, I'm a red Starfy with a bomb hat who enjoys riding Banzai Bills.
Yeah, definitely my most random sprite ever… :awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That's the thing, SheriffChu WAS RIGHT. I think Star DOES have the right idea though. Sakurai really doesn't think much of the Nintendo smallfries. I'm honestly expecting something like:
Wait, what was I right on?

WHY DO I MISS THE TIMES WHEN SHORTIE IS ONLINE

Mario series: 5
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Zelda series: 5
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf (With sword)
Toon Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass based moveset)

Donkey Kong series: 4
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool
Dixie Kong (I think she's worthy now)

Yoshi series: 1
Yoshi

Metroid series: 3
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Kirby series: 3
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox series: 3
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon series: 7
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Victini
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

F-Zero series: 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Fire Emblem series: 3
Marth
Ike
Roy

Wario series: 1
Wario

Pikmin series: 1
Olimar

Kid Icarus series: 2
Pit
Medusa

Retro franchises: 4
Game and Watch
ROB
Ice Climbers
Takumaru

Punch out series: 1
Little Mac

Sin and Punishment series: 1
Saki

Golden Sun series: 1
Isaac

Xenoblade series: 1
Shulk

3rd parties: 3
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Newcomers:
Toad
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Victini
Mewtwo (Returns)
Samurai Goroh
Roy (Returns)
Medusa
Little Mac
Takamaru
Saki
Isaac
Shulk
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Total no. of newcomers : 17

Total no. of characters : 50 (45 without Sheik, Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Zero suit Samus)

**** it. I'm PMing it to Shortie

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess I would be...

... a crocodile drinking coffee? :p

Maybe not quite descriptive enough of me. I'd have to be someone with too much imagination and "HEY EVERBODY, LOOK AT MY IDEA!!!!"
More accurately, if you could imagine this in comic form, you would tell everybody a BIG LONG idea, but no one would listen due to BIG LONG. Then you'd sulk and drink your java. Your tears giving it its flavor. Your crocodile tears.

Awful.

Wait, what was I right on?
UH, actually, looking at your roster again, pretty much the only real similarities with it that I was referencing was having both Palutena and Medusa, as well as Dixie and K. Rool. Which led me to cutting out a couple characters I thought would be more interesting choices. So my roster looked kind of boring and ordinary. But I still had third-parties and one or two cuts SOOO. MAINLY I HAD JUST THOUGHT YOUR PREDICTIONS, IF TRUE, WOULD BE BORING, BUT NOW I THINK THAT'LL BE THE CASE ANYWAY.

By the way, this is you.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
UH, actually, looking at your roster again, pretty much the only real similarities with it that I was referencing was having both Palutena and Medusa, as well as Dixie and K. Rool. Which led me to cutting out a couple characters I thought would be more interesting choices. So my roster looked kind of boring and ordinary. But I still had third-parties and one or two cuts SOOO. MAINLY I HAD JUST THOUGHT YOUR PREDICTIONS, IF TRUE, WOULD BE BORING, BUT NOW I THINK THAT'LL BE THE CASE ANYWAY.

By the way, this is you.
Ahh I see. Guess roster predictions aren't always rosy I guess.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Although I still have 53 total characters (49 slots for SSBF) on my roster so I shouldn't be complaining. :awesome:

That's a jump of 14. Same as the jump from 64 to Melee. Not too unreasonable?!

Higgens

Smash Cadet
Indeed. I didn't use him much but I was surprised when he was cut. I mean. He wasn't a clone or anything. And in my opinion he's much cooler that Lucario. Just saiyan...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For the Super Leaf to be a cool item, it would have to give every character a raccoon tail. Since I could see a few technical issues with that, I'd probably not expect it to be an item.

If we did get a new Mario item, I hope it's Kuribo's Shoe. I'M CALLING IT, mountable items will be the new thing. Maybe the Ice Flower, to show off the WiiU TECH, could turn you all a translucent blue. And screw with your traction, I guess. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, really. Your F-Smash would send you flying forward as if you were on an icy surface.

Higgens

Smash Cadet
Kuribo's Shoe would just be awesome if they implemented it right. I mean have it like Wario's bike, where a strong enough hit knocks you out of it? Then other people could steal it from you. I think that'd be pretty snazzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom