• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Uhg the zelda series is irritating when it comes to adding reps.
Alot of the characters leave a huge impact, but most of them just come and go. Like vaati and tetra.

I kinda feel the only reason tingles suggested alot is because hes in most the games, even if it is a somewhat minor part. That and hes smexy. Clearly only getting in for sex appeal.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Psycho

No Bowser, Capt. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Mr. G&W, R.O.B., or Ice Climbers? This won't end well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What is interesting is that many series did not receive any new installments between Brawl and now.

Both Mother and F-Zero received no new installments. Pikmin did not receive one either (though one has been in development since at least 2009). Fire Emblem has only received remakes, and Star Fox only got a remake.

With Donkey Kong, it received no new installments with either K. Rool or Dixie Kong.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
What is interesting is that many series did not receive any new installments between Brawl and now.

Both Mother and F-Zero received no new installments. Pikmin did not receive one either (though one has been in development since at least 2009). Fire Emblem has only received remakes, and Star Fox only got a remake.

With Donkey Kong, it received no new installments with either K. Rool or Dixie Kong.
I hate to say this, but...

Nintendo's running out of ideas.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

And does anyone wonder why Sakurai said it is becoming difficult to add content to the game? It is because of this that I believe three series won't be getting new stages. That is why in my speculative roster of sorts I added characters like Dark Samus, Krystal and Toand and Boswer Jr. both. There isn't many new series to turn to and the smaller series are that for a reason. So I expect some "double dipping" with some franchises.

But I understand what you are saying completely.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

No....that's not it... they just released two new IP's this year.. as well as **** ton of 3DS games, and the final Wii games. Nintendo isn't running out of ideas..

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Nintendo is getting lazy, just recycling old games rather than completly new ones obviously, jumping on that Capcom wagon with Street Fighter I see.

:phone:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Just PMed my roster to Shortie.

And for anyone else who cares...

[COLLAPSE="Metal Overlord's All-Knowing Roster Prediction"] Mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Toad

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer Red
Genesect
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario

Yoshi
Yoshi

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Paper Mario
Paper Mario

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Retro
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Mach Rider
Takamaru

3rd Party
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Pac-Man[/COLLAPSE]

As I said before, a couple of surprises are in there. ;)
I wouldn't include Pac-Man, Tingle, or perhaps Genesect for your prediction roster, but otherwise not bad expectations.

It's true in some respects. :ohwell: They've definitely overhauled some classic franchies though recently, and there's been the Rainfall games and Rolling Western, so I would say it's improving. :)

I wish Sakurai would consider really digging into the smaller franchise barrel for SSB4 instead of just filling up the veteran franchises with more characters, but I'm not sure of the likelihood for this.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I personally think that many people are overestimating the number of playable characters that will be in Smash 4. At MOST, I am expecting only 50 slots. At least, I am expecting 40.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
No....that's not it... they just released two new IP's this year.. as well as **** ton of 3DS games, and the final Wii games. Nintendo isn't running out of ideas..
Well, actually. I meant in terms of the franchises that Chronobound mentioned. F-Zero, Mother, and to a lesser extent, both Star Fox and Pikmin. Nintendo hasn't really come up with anything "new" for them. I know a 3rd Pikmin game is in the works, so that keeps Olimar going. But the others? Not a thing.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I personally think that many people are overestimating the number of playable characters that will be in Smash 4. At MOST, I am expecting only 50 slots. At least, I am expecting 40.
I'm thinking around 42-48, it really depends on how Sakurai approaches a lot of things. At most I only see 52.

Omega, is there any way you can remove this pink "pranked" status?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I think there have been plenty of new Nintendo games in the past few years, especially for minor franchises, Punch-Out, S&P, Golden Sun, Starfy, KI, etc.

But for established franchises, there has been new Zelda, DK, Pokemon, Mario, FE (in the west), Pikmin (technically), Wario Land and Ware, Metroid. It's really only SF, Yoshi, F-Zero and Earthbound who haven't had any new games.

Although I have a feeling Sakurai will finally add another F-Zero character in order to help promote the series like FE and KI in the past.

As for slots, I know I overshot by 2 in my roster (I didn't really care), but I'm only expecting 45 to 50 at the most.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm thinking around 42-48, it really depends on how Sakurai approaches a lot of things. At most I only see 52.

Omega, is there any way you can remove this pink "pranked" status?
You should consider yourself lucky

It's like being poked

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
shortie, i don't think dk has what it takes to beat an adept... btw i responded in the back room in favor of isaac

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It was merely a rumor that did not pan out.
That's a disappointment, I love the Yoshi's Island series

Of course, if they are known for just epic yarn's style, Yoshi's Story would be more appropriate

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting.

But I must ask, is being Pranked a good thing?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
i hate rumors, there's way too many
HELLO! (: Good evening sir.

Welcome to the Smash Universe. While you stay with us, we would like to note that in the coming months post E3, the rumor mills will in fact be starting up again. So please, prepare for an interesting summer.

Have a nice flight~

*turns off flight attendent voice*

Roster Designer: Asage…? (I think)

Okay mystery designer who may be Asage, let’s get this moving!

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Baby Bros, Wario, Kat and Ana

- Woooowie. This is new. Ummm, yeesh….. Kat and Ana?... I guess are an okay choice. My problem lies with that hideous heap of infant. Couldn’t it have been Kamek? I think you made poor decisions in terms of BOTH picking a Yoshi newcomer and, picking the two newcomers you picked. I would have let Kamek and Toad, or Kamek and Syrup even…. But Baby Bros and Kat and Ana? Amy Winehouse says No, No, No. Yes. I agree with her. Amybewithyou~ 2.5/5

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong Diddy Kong Dixie Kong King K. Rool

- Yaaay~ you didn’t make me want to hurl this time. You made me a happy camper again. Dixie? Good. K Rool? GOOD. Goodgoodgood. Not a Funky, Tiny, Lanky, or Tiki in sight. 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Young Link

- No way. You gotta make up your mind. Shorts doesn’t allow THREE versions of anyone in his rosters. 3/5

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight
- Good. 5/5

Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike

- Meh? Waaaah? Why? That’s….so…..wrong. Sakurai loves him some Fire Emblem… I just…. Okay. 3/5

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

- I’m excited to see a lack of Pokemon Trainer Red….but kind of wish you would have filled the roster up with six Pokemon… Maybe Charizard?... Or Zoroark? Perhaps Deoxys? Meowth anyone? Another Pokemon please~ 4.5/5

Mother & Metroid: Ness, Lucas, Samus, ZSS, Ridley-

Good choice. You put the right slot in the right place. 5/5

F-Zero & StarFox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf

- Goroh? Yes. I feel like you’re too conservative ini some spots (Fire Emblem) and then weirdly add happy in others? Hmm. 7.5/10 (Not for a lack of Krystal, for the weird inconsistency I noticed while wondering why you didn’t add her)

Smaller Franchises: IC’s ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Medusa

- You’re in trouble. No retro? No new franchise? WAH!? 3/10 Medusa is a start…but work on it.

Third Party Characters: None

- Fine by me 5/5

OVERALL APPEARANCE: Girl you need to check yourself. You had a lot of errors. YLink? Kat and Ana? No Roy/Chrome? BABY BROS? Mmm. Mmm. Mmm. Come back anytime and I’ll reevaluate.

Geno have mercy on your speculatory soul.

Shorts roster reviews:

Top Tier Roster Makers
1.Iblis 95%
2.StarPhoenix 93.5%
3. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%
4. JavaCroc 91%

Upper Tier Roster Makers.
5. Oasis 83%
6. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
7. Berserker 77%
8. Asage 76.5%