• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really want to see the Cliffside Peril Stage, sounds really interesting, Star.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have big news. Most of my peeps are on this thread, so I wanted to say here:

I, now, have finished my long secret project in the Game Forum. I want to say that it's done, but not 100%. Anyone interested in... Dungeons and Dragonites?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Poo is the only person that has PK Starstorm in the game

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Cliffside Peril, sounds interesting.

Hmm, I'll have to finish my roster, if I want it reviewed. I should have it up later. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh no, I assumed Pokemon Trainer N, would be...a Pokemon Trainer? But nevermind. The roster would have ultimately scored higher. Which I will edit. I don't think it HAS to be a competition between Dixie and K Rool. In-fact, I think both would be a good pick. Better than BOTH Toad and Junior. Junior/Toad and Ashley is good enough IMO.

Okay, so I have:

Asage
Luco
Dr.Claw (Should be interesting...)
Opossom
and Opelucids tier he needs to PM ME.
Poppy

Anyone else while I'm making a list?

@Poppy Yeah I'll go fetch it. I just remembered yours isn't that far back.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright I finished yet another roster, I'll PM yea in a sec Shortie. ;)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Everyone hating on that Iblis 95% swag boy.

Oh and Beserker is lucky about that whole Silver vs. Shadow battle. I had to start cooking Chilli since I was in Culinary Class.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Everyone hating on that Iblis 95% swag boy.

Oh and Beserker is lucky about that whole Silver vs. Shadow battle. I had to start cooking Chilli since I was in Culinary Class.
ACTUALLY, I'm going to eventually reevaluate you, Oasis, SSBF, and Kantrip. Them because I feel I have almost laxed a bit on some things, and then you because I want to make sure you have a sound 95%.

So watch oouut~

SMASH RELATED-

I was talking to a kid about videogames, and it was the first Nintendo game to come out of his mouth was Golden Sun? He also mentioned StarFox, Kirby, and Yoshi's island..

It really took me by suprise... I mean... I don't know many people who KNOW what Golden Sun is.

Speaking of Golden Sun... Ridley v Palutena has ended, and the next match-up for Nintendo Strong!! is Isaac v DK, SO IF YOU KNOW A LOT BOUT GOLDEN SUN, GET YOUR BUTT INTO THE BACKROOM. Thanks.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Just PMed my roster to Shortie.

And for anyone else who cares...

[COLLAPSE="Metal Overlord's All-Knowing Roster Prediction"] Mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Toad

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer Red
Genesect
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario

Yoshi
Yoshi

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Paper Mario
Paper Mario

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Retro
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Mach Rider
Takamaru

3rd Party
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Pac-Man[/COLLAPSE]

As I said before, a couple of surprises are in there. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
ACTUALLY, I'm going to eventually reevaluate you, Oasis, SSBF, and Kantrip. Them because I feel I have almost laxed a bit on some things, and then you because I want to make sure you have a sound 95%.

So watch oouut~

SMASH RELATED-

I was talking to a kid about videogames, and it was the first Nintendo game to come out of his mouth was Golden Sun? He also mentioned StarFox, Kirby, and Yoshi's island..

It really took me by suprise... I mean... I don't know many people who KNOW what Golden Sun is.

Speaking of Golden Sun... Ridley v Palutena has ended, and the next match-up for Nintendo Strong!! is Isaac v DK, SO IF YOU KNOW A LOT BOUT GOLDEN SUN, GET YOUR BUTT INTO THE BACKROOM. Thanks.
I actually see similar things like this where I work. Between the kids and older coworkers in their twenties.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SMASH RELATED-

Interesting, I would have thought that kids would know nothing about about Golden Sun and SF.

Also I don't know anything about Golden Sun as I haven't played the games in a while.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
What do you guys think of Jiro The Armadillo? Some people think he shouldn't get in due to being similar to Sonic I really don't see the problem though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What do you guys think of Jiro The Armadillo? Some people think he shouldn't get in due to being similar to Sonic I really don't see the problem though.
http://youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4

I think Jiro will probably have to escape being a 3DSware title before we see more from him. Unless Sakurai happens to develop an interest in him, otherwise I'm doubtful we will see much from him besides a sticker or trophy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Interesting, I would have thought that kids would know nothing about about Golden Sun and SF.

Also I don't know anything about Golden Sun as I haven't played the games in a while.
Sorry, I meant GUY. he isn't a kid... I just call everyone my age "A kid". Still have the underage mentality. >.>

Anyways, he's just like...the second person I've seen talk about it IRL. The last person was when I was like 13 or so? My sisters Best friend and her boyfriend played the original Golden Sun on GBA. She was pretty, I had a crush on her.

Anyways, what series get brought up the most often? Other than PKMN, LoZ, DK, Smash and Mario (I get them all the time) actually I just realized I probably hear about Wii Sports/Wii Fit/Resort stuff the most....so many older women (Moms) love that stuff 0.0

@Jiro I got into a debate when someone said "Jiro is a better choice than Pichu". And knowing me, I lost it. It's Krystal, Pichu, and the 3rd Gen that REALLY get me worked up. Bowser Jr. used to as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For me I hear a lot of Mario and Pokémon talk. What surprised me one day was a seven or so year old child who was really into getting Dragon Quest VI for the DS. Of course I was being kind and got the game out of the game case for him and proceeded to check him and his mother out. His mother gave me this look of "I have no idea what you are talking about". I just told her "ma'am don't worry, it is just a good thing I actually know what he is talking about". lol

Mainly though I talk to my co-workers, and they are all in their mid twenties and such. Most of them are not really into Nintendo games, so it is generally interesting to ask them what Nintendo characters and series they like. When I ask most of them what character would interest them in the next Super Smash Bros they usually name Bowser or Donkey Kong, telling me they are not too up to date on the game, but the number one new character I hear is Toad. Believe it or not there are a lot of guys really into Kirby. Which surprises me because of how macho some guys try to play off as. It really is quite humorous.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, as for little kids, my nephews really only knew about certain characters only after I introduced them to them. Such as Mario, Pokemon (Gen 1), Mega Man (Classic), Sonic (Genesis), and Kirby.

As for other people I've met, not really major Nintendo gamers, they do really like that Snake was in Smash though. But for characters I don't really remember any other then the Skull Kid and Mewtwo.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Shortie

I meant to respond to when you reviewed my roster. It took me a while, but it's done. The only thing I couldn't "explain" about was the Mario franchise; I really don't know why. But everything else is there, so...

[COLLAPSE="This is from my perspective."]Donkey Kong Franchise:

I'll be honest. I originally had DK, Diddy, and Dixie as the reps, while K. Rool came up short. Then I reconsidered. I do want to see all 4 of these guys playable in some way, but nowadays, people prefer K. Rool over Dixie. They both deserve a spot in Smash, especially Dixie. Besides, she was one of the Forbidden Seven. Clearly, Sakurai wants her playable, as well. DK is a staple; he's staying. K. Rool will no doubt make his debut. If Diddy and Dixie appear separately, or as a tag-team, I would be perfectly fine with either choice. Either way, we would (and we really SHOULD) get all 4.

LoZ Franchise:

I admit, the two Zeldas would be the same. HOWEVER, their alt. forms would set them apart from each other. Tetra is not like Sheik in any way, other than being an alter-ego. Their movesets would be completely different. I don't see Tetra using the Light Arrows as her Final Smash. Toon Zelda, perhaps. But not Tetra. Also, Toon Zelda was one of the Forbidden Seven, so there is still a chance we'll get a second Zelda. But if she has a Transform move, have it be into Tetra. (Toon Sheik?? There's no such character.)

Kirby franchise:

Knuckle Joe was an AT, and Waddle Dee (even though he's getting a role in "Return to Dreamland") was part of Dedede's moveset. Although someone did mention Kracko (who is a recurring character in the franchise) as a possible AT, there's really no one else left.

Fire Emblem Franchise:

You confused me on something. "Wolf" treatment? What's that, and how did Roy get it in Melee?

Pokemon Franchise:

The long shot in this is Meowth, but ever since I read that he was considered to be playable back since the N64, the idea stuck. Plusle & Minun would be another cool tag-team to try out. Pichu is in the same position as Dr. Mario; an established character in Smash who, in my mind, deserves another shot. And I do apologize for not having a Pokemon of the recent gen in here. After gen 3, I lost all interest in Pokemon. With the exception of Lucario, it's all a blur.

Mother & Metroid:

While I can see Ridley being playable, I'm still worried that the end result may turn out sloppy and fans will be disappointed. And no one wants that. I can understand if Adam's a NACIH character, but at least Dark Samus should be considered. She could be the "retro" version of Samus.

F-Zero & StarFox:

Even though their chances have flat-lined, I still feel that F-Zero deserves another playable rep. And rounding out the Star Fox reps with Krystal would mean one less franchise to worry about later.

Smaller franchises:

You had every right to say this was a bad decision. Yes, there's quite a few options left (Little Mac, Isaac, Saki, Starfy, Mach Rider, Takamaru; to name a few), but everyone keeps mentioning the fact that "[This character] is popular here, but not-so-mich there." It's hard for me to choose a character for this category simply because of that.

Third Party Characters:

I admit, I've crossed the line here. I guess I took the phrase "All-Star lineup" too literally. But after all the times I've heard "We want Cloud vs Link," I don't see why it couldn't happen in Smash. Now from what I've seen, wherever there's Cloud, there's usually Sephiroth, as well. But that could make things more interesting. (Ganondorf, Bowser, and Sephiroth alliance, anyone?) The idea of KOS-MOS in Smash came after I read an issue of "Smash It Up" on IGN, where KOS-MOS was listed. Right away, various Smash fights involving KOS-MOS came to mind. I can see her rivaling Samus in terms of firepower, and Snake in terms of mobility. Shantae is probably like Adam, a NACIH character, but she's unique, and to my knowledge, her games have only appeared on Nintendo systems. (Plus, you'd like her, Shortie. She's hot!!)[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SMART KID. DQVI is one of the few DS games that was non-Pokemon I've ever bought. I love the customizable character/clothing...it's amazing.. I would definitely not buy it without that though... it's what drew me in. It's the Pokemaster in me that likes to be able to create his own personalized team, with a unique name, abilities that hard hand picked, and items. DQ should KEEP customization....I would buy another DQ game if they had a similar system. The game is fun, but I need that extra push to get me to buy it. Customizable looks is what that push is.

(All my DS games are Pokemon, expect for Tingle's Balloon Fight, and DQVI. Oh, and I have Nintendogs +CATS, and BlazBlue for the 3DS~)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Jiro I got into a debate when someone said "Jiro is a better choice than Pichu". And knowing me, I lost it. It's Krystal, Pichu, and the 3rd Gen that REALLY get me worked up. Bowser Jr. used to as well.
Eh heh heh. EEE hee hee. :troll:

I wasn't arguing that Jiro was a better choice than Pichu. I was arguing that I think Jiro at least stands a better chance for SSB4 than Pichu.

Also, Shortie, I might post a "compromise" or "real deal" roster soon. The roster I made was pretty much my "wishlist" roster, so I'd make a more reasonable roster which would be the roster I would choose to make for SSB4.

@Omega: Good to see you back. :)

@Star: Liked your roster. Especially the additions of Ashley and Dark Samus, both characters I support.

BTW, I want custom music in SSB4. This remix is one of the reasons why (DAT BASS).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
SMART KID. DQVI is one of the few DS games that was non-Pokemon I've ever bought. I love the customizable character/clothing...it's amazing.. I would definitely not buy it without that though... it's what drew me in. It's the Pokemaster in me that likes to be able to create his own personalized team, with a unique name, abilities that hard hand picked, and items. DQ should KEEP customization....I would buy another DQ game if they had a similar system. The game is fun, but I need that extra push to get me to buy it. Customizable looks is what that push is.

(All my DS games are Pokemon, expect for Tingle's Balloon Fight, and DQVI. Oh, and I have Nintendogs +CATS, and BlazBlue for the 3DS~)
Well you are going to love Dragon Quest X then. It is taking everything that was implemented into Dragon Quest IX and taking it further. It is already stated to have the item customization.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well you are going to love Dragon Quest X then. It is taking everything that was implemented into Dragon Quest IX and taking it further. It is already stated to have the item customization.
Hopefully we get hair/facial customs as well.

What about the Dragon Quest Joker kid? I mean... how does he work? Can't he train Slimes? WOuldn't he be a good DQ character pick?

This kid.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If I thought Will had a better chance I would support him in a heart beat. Even at the expense of Snake.

Hopefully we get hair/facial customs as well.

What about the Dragon Quest Joker kid? I mean... how does he work? Can't he train Slimes? WOuldn't he be a good DQ character pick?
Actually with the original Dragon Quest Monsters being remade for the 3DS I'd say Terry would be the best choice. He starred in that game as well as Dragon Quest VI. Between his legendary blade, phenomenal sword skills, and the ability to summon monsters; it could work.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Jiro or anybody would be better than that lousy Pichu at this point IMO.

I don't get why he is wanted soo bad, he should ONLY be included for compilation purposes, to complete and celebrate Smash's history, other than that.....not really a candidate who should merit a roster spot at this point.

:phone:

yani_

Smash Ace
Just PMed my roster to Shortie.

And for anyone else who cares...

[COLLAPSE="Metal Overlord's All-Knowing Roster Prediction"] Mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Toad

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer Red
Genesect
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario

Yoshi
Yoshi

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Paper Mario
Paper Mario

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

Pikmin
Captain Olimar

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Retro
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Mach Rider
Takamaru

3rd Party
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Pac-Man[/COLLAPSE]

As I said before, a couple of surprises are in there. ;)
Honestly dude best roster I've seen..

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You can rate my roster, Shortie. It's in the Broom. I'm a bit too busy to find the original post right now. Roleplays and all. Thanks, man.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My roster for judgement

Mario
Geno
Luigi
Peach
Daisy