• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i'll make a true roster when i turn 21... the only roster i currently have is my dream roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Guys leaked roster:

Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Link
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Fox
Ness
Samus
Captain Falcon
WHAT!? No KRYSTAL!?????????????????????????

FWAAAAA!?!!!!!!! >8(

Updated leaked roster:

Krystal (Adventure Staff version)
Krystal (Assualt Fox Clone version)
Krystal (Command Wolf Clone version)
Krystal (ZSS clone someone suggested version)
KrANDROSS (The only AT in the game)
Geno.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Guys leaked roster:

Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Link
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Fox
Ness
Samus
Captain Falcon
Hehe, nice try, we all know they are near-guaranteed. :awesome:

I need some thoughts on Ray MK, anybody know some points about him getting in Smash 4?

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I doubt we will be hearing anything interesting. Heck, its looking to be that we will have no character unveils in 2012. However, that won't stop idiots from making things up.

OmegaXXII

Hehe, alot of fake stuff is really going to surface next year if we do indeed get some e3 news or trailer on Smadh 4.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, the only interesting things going on until E3 would be the release of the games that would help us narrow down or recomfirm the character and stage pool even more.

OmegaXXII

Yes, a projected time of release would further help out in deciding which characters would likely make it in, thus narrowing options, come to think of it, did they do anything like this with Brawl at e3?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I doubt we will be hearing anything interesting. Heck, its looking to be that we will have no character unveils in 2012. However, that won't stop idiots from making things up.
Yeah, I don't expect anything except the occasional rumor or "leak" regarding SSB4. It'll be the other game releases of Nintendo that could change our speculation.

EDIT: Deleted already outdated roster. :p Will be posted soon.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm pretty sure we will have something in 2012 about Super Smash Bros. 4. Nintendo is going to need as much to hype the Wii U as they can get.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would like to open the world of a Non-Pokemon Trainer roster to everyone. Without Pokemon Trainer we could have up to six slots for the Pokemon series, without any doubt in my mind. At that point, we would technically have less Pokemon than we did in Brawl, but more CHARACTERS to choose from. I HATE being Squirtle and Ivy. HATE IT. I love Charizard, but I don't play as him because I'm, forced to use characters I don't like playing as. Which is where PT loses me, and I'm sure many other players as well. Pokemon Trainer is one of the biggest turn offs in Brawl. Right after the clones.

My soulution: Instead of having four characters, we have six SEPERATE CHARACTERS.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Fifth gen
Second Fifth gen, or perhaps Charizard? Maybe Meowth? Doexys anyone? Pichu?

This way, WE ACTUALLY HAVE WIGGLE ROOOOOOOOOOOM~ for the cool characters.

I'm pretty sure we will have something in 2012 about Super Smash Bros. 4. Nintendo is going to need as much to hype the Wii U as they can get.
The Wii U is making me nervous... I just...need to see it working properly.

D

Deleted member

I personally think that many people are overestimating the number of playable characters that will be in Smash 4. At MOST, I am expecting only 50 slots. At least, I am expecting 40.
I don't think people's expectations are as ridiculous as they were in Brawl. Due to the huge *****fest that occurred due to not fulfilling very high expectations of 45-50 slots (which is now achievable with this game), the burn has encouraged many of the same supporters to lower their expectations to a more realistic level. There will be those who continue to expect 55+ slots, but I think most people will be expecting 45-50 slots this time round, which is a much more realistic number.

As for my expectations, I am expecting only 39 slots to be created, lots of cutting, and no third-party to avoid being burned. That being said, I think the most realistic range will be 45-49 slots since it gives us at least ten new newcomers and satisfy realistic expectations, but there is a slim chance that Sakurai will shoot for 50-54 slots if he wanted to add clones to buff the roster like in Melee or spent 4+ years on the game. 55 slots and above is not happening, period.

I also agree that it is interesting that so many potential newcomers have not gotten games between 2009 and now. Look at just those and retro characters and it makes even 45 slots difficult to achieve, especially if cuts occur. One thing we should hope is that Sakurai does not hold relevancy to the strict standard he did in Brawl.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I would like to open the world of a Non-Pokemon Trainer roster to everyone. Without Pokemon Trainer we could have up to six slots for the Pokemon series, without any doubt in my mind. At that point, we would technically have less Pokemon than we did in Brawl, but more CHARACTERS to choose from. I HATE being Squirtle and Ivy. HATE IT. I love Charizard, but I don't play as him because I'm, forced to use characters I don't like playing as. Which is where PT loses me, and I'm sure many other players as well. Pokemon Trainer is one of the biggest turn offs in Brawl. Right after the clones.

My soulution: Instead of having four characters, we have six SEPERATE CHARACTERS.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Fifth gen

The thing is I like Pokemon Trainer because he was a very logical choice. In the main Pokemon games, players don't play as the Pokemon, but as the trainers who train them.

Hmm... weird idea... how about we don't have one Pokemon Trainer like you said, but instead, for each Pokemon character as part of their "model swaps", you could choose an accompanying Trainer for your Pokemon?

The nice part of this concept is we keep Pokemon Trainer, but instead of involving three different characters in one, he acts as a background character who can apply to any of the Pokemon. And using the idea that this is an alternate for any of the Pokemon characters, it opens the possiblity for letting players select between multiple Pokemon trainers - males, females, etc.

I like it. Might have to change my just-posted roster now.

yani_

Smash Ace

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Fifth gen

I feel you, I do. But I don't see PT going anywhere because he's the whole 3 in 1 package. I'd rather just have them all as their own characters.. But it would be waaaay too many monz

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
At first, I hated that idea, and then I let it sink in. Perfect. MY PERSONAL problem with PT would be fixed, and we still would have a Pokemon trainer in the game. We could have like, six trainers to choose from. (Red Leaf Lucas Dawn Black White)

It's a good idea. I mean, I LOVE Charizard, but...not his partners. I just want him to be alone...

I feel you, I do. But I don't see PT going anywhere because he's the whole 3 in 1 package. I'd rather just have them all as their own characters.. But it would be waaaay too many monz
Six monz is less than in brawl. And why have a 3 and 1 deal, when no one wants it. "Heeeey~ I see you eyeing that nice statue.... why not come over to my house and pick up THREEE slabs of granite instead. It's a three for one deal~" *winks*

See how creepy Pokemon trainer is?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Pokemon Trainer was a good idea in theory (it represents the main character you play as in the games), however, he has way too many characters involved for his slot. However, I do think all of PT's Pokemon had well made movesets.

D

Deleted member

I personally liked the Pokemon Trainer idea and it deserved to be in Smash. Ivysaur was a questionable choice, but Squirtle and Charizard are worthy characters that would have otherwise not gotten in, so I approve of it returning. Heck, I'd even support 2nd or 3rd gen taking the place of Red to give those gens some rep.

As for if he's dropped entirely, this is how I would go about a six slots situation:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Deoxys
Victini

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Pokemon Trainer was a good idea in theory (it represents the main character you play as in the games), however, he has way too many characters involved for his slot. However, I do think all of PT's Pokemon had well made movesets.
Have you heard people complain about PT in any way? Either the same way I don't like him, or a different way? I THINK he was an interesting idea, that didn't pan out well, and can't pan out well, because by design he will always not allow me to be STRICTLY Chrizard. I think you're right. He has too many characters in a single slot.

In theory, he is a cool idea, but Brawl shows me that it just ends up weird. I like the idea of six (non PT) Pokemon. Less than Brawl, but they won't be so "confined".

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
OK, I just had a roster, but then I had the Pokemon Trainer idea, which means revision of the Pokemon section of the roster. So here's the roster updated again.

I'm going to sort of consider this the "compromise" or "real deal" roster. I swapped some of the personal choices from my previous roster for other, more logical character choices. Basically, if I were making SSB4, this could very well be the roster I aim to make. I'm debating about including Syrup and Jiro on the roster, but I decided to keep them for now.

Character Name
- Indicates unlockable character

Number #1 / Number #2 - Total # of characters excluding transformations / Total # of characters including transformations

[COLLAPSE="JavaCroc's Basic Roster - Updated"]Super Mario - 5
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad

Donkey Kong - 4
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario - 2
Wario
Captain Syrup

Yoshi - 1
Yoshi

Legend of Zelda - 3 / 4
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf (Unique moveset)

Metroid - 2 / 3
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby - 3
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Star Fox - 3
Fox
Falco
Wolf (Unique moveset)

Fire Emblem - 3
Marth
Ike
Roy (Unique moveset)

Kid Icarus - 3
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

F-Zero - 2
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother - 2
Ness
Lucas (Unique moveset)

Pokemon - 6
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Charizard (New Down B and Final Smash)
Lucario
Victini

NOTE: About Pokemon Trainer - for each Pokemon, as part of their costumes, you can choose from one of three default Pokemon Trainers who will act for the Pokemon in the background. These Trainers comes in five default varieties, the looks of which are based on Pokemon Trainers from throughout the Pokemon series: Red, Blue, Lucas, Leaf, May, Lyra, and N. These Trainers do not count as separate characters as they are merely background characters. You can also select to have no Trainer in the background.

Misc. Modern Franchises - 8
Olimar & Pikmin
Little Mac
Isaac
Saki
Starfy
Ray MK III
Shulk
Jiro

Misc. Retro Franchises - 6
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Lip
Mr. Game & Watch
Duck Hunt Dog
Sukapon

Brawl Characters Cut: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Toon Link

Total Number of Character Roster Slots: 53

Total Number of Actual Characters: 55

Changes I Made:

I swapped the following characters out for others:

Dr. Mario > Toad
Midna & Wolf Link > Palutena
Pico > Samurai Goroh
Kanan > Shulk

I cut Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer. Pokemon Trainer is implemented in a new, unique way, but sadly Squirtle and Ivysaur couldn't make the cut without him. I was forced to cut Toon Link for space reasons.

I also changed the unlockable status of some characters. Medusa, Victini, and Saki are now available at start.[/COLLAPSE]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Red is the main character in Pokemon, so I do like the idea of having him in. Not to mention having multiple Pokemon to use truly represents the gameplay of the Pokemon series.

Although I do agree he could have been handled a bit better. The stamina should either be gotten rid of or have something to offset the negative effects. That and maybe move Pokemon Change to the taunt buttons.

Also give him a better voice actor. :p

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Again, guys, I've heard from Shortie, but how about this idea for implementing Pokemon Trainers without using up so many slots?

How about we don't have one Pokemon Trainer like you said, but instead, for each Pokemon character as part of their "model swaps", you could choose an accompanying Trainer for your Pokemon?

The nice part of this concept is we keep Pokemon Trainer, but instead of involving three different characters in one, he acts as a background character who can apply to any of the Pokemon. And using the idea that this is an alternate for any of the Pokemon characters, it opens the possiblity for letting players select between multiple Pokemon trainers - males, females, etc.
In my just-updated roster, I provide the trainer choices of Red, Blue, Lucas, Leaf, May, Lyra, and N.

Anyways, how's my new roster with the Pokemon Trainer idea in place, Shortie?

D

Deleted member

Have you heard people complain about PT in any way? Either the same way I don't like him, or a different way? I THINK he was an interesting idea, that didn't pan out well, and can't pan out well, because by design he will always not allow me to be STRICTLY Chrizard. I think you're right. He has too many characters in a single slot.

In theory, he is a cool idea, but Brawl shows me that it just ends up weird. I like the idea of six (non PT) Pokemon. Less than Brawl, but they won't be so "confined".
Next game, they should do a few things:
- Remove the stamina system for Pokemon Trainer.
- Switch the Pokeball move to taunt button to free a fourth special move.
- Give players the ability to play said Pokemon by themselves as an option (although you have to look up Pokemon Trainer on the selection screen to avoid putting six slots out)

Oh and six slots for Pokemon with no Pokemon Trainer would be the same amount as in Brawl if you count transformation.

And JavaCroc, I'd like that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, but as a quick thought, seeing as Red was based on his Gen 3 design, might he have counted as a 3rd Gen rep in Sakurai's eyes?

D

Deleted member

Hmm, but as a quick thought, seeing as Red was based on his Gen 3 design, might he have counted as a 3rd Gen rep in Sakurai's eyes?
I don't think Sakurai would intend to pass this off as a 3rd gen rep. He used a 3rd gen design, of course, but he used 1st gen Pokemons.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Agreed.

In hindsight, that may have been a dumb question to ask anyway. Still you never know...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not entirely sure that Sakurai views that characters as "Repping" individual games and just uses a pokemon "Pool" drawing characters from it's entirety

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel that giving the option to NOT use the other Pokemon goes against the very nature of Pokemon trainer? That's why I said, no fixy, just cuty and maybe keep Charizard.

Java has my vote. I mean, it's a much better way they should have implemented PT from the begining. None of this crazy "LEARN TO PLAY AS THREE CONTINOUSLY CHANGING POKEMON!" stuff.

Also, I think you need a Black and white trainer to choose from, it only makes sense. I chose Dawn/Lucas because Lucario need "his" trainer, Read and Leaf have Jiggs/Mewtwo/Char/Pika covered, and Black and White would be there for the fifth gen pokemon.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Charizard as Ridley - wouldn't do either of them justice.
Squirtle as Bowser Jr - wouldn't do either of them justice.
Ivysaur as solo - doesn't deserve it/wouldn't make sense.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm still waiting for a review myself.
PM it to me, otherwise I may misplace it. Did your roster have baby mario bros on it?...I think that was asage's but, it could have been yours because it had no name on it. PM if it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom