• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here's a fact to consider: At what point in time were the characters introduced to us all? Technically, Waluigi came BEFORE Bowser Jr.
I fixed that. I don't want to be the only logical one here. Believe what you want, Waluigi is a poor choice.

If I has known this would have started a flame debate then I probably shouldn't have posted at all. But I guess thats what I get for trying to have an open mind.
Open minded to a terrible idea.

"Now wait Sakurai, Microsoft might have a point. Maybe we SHOULD sell Smash Brothers to them"

Your choice just goes against all reasoning.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Here's a fact to consider: At what point in time were the characters introduced to us all? Technically, Waluigi came BEFORE Bowser Jr.
So what?? you are forgetting Toad, even if Bowser Jr. managed to fail, Toad still would stand in his way, he is undeniably the most iconic in mainstream titles and the most requested which are 2 major things Waluigi lacks.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I agree with this, people need to stop thinking Waluigi would be better suited than Bowser jr. and Toad, it's very unlikely to happen, that description on the DOJO is squat.
Ugg since when did I say that he's better then the other Mario reps? :facepalm:

If I has known this would have started a flame debate then I probably shouldn't have posted at all. But I guess thats what I get for trying to have an open mind. :facepalm:

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@---
Again, don't feel bad. It happens to me all the time.

OK, switching gears here...

Toon Zelda/Tetra, anyone...?

OmegaXXII

Ugg since when did I say that he's better then the other Mario reps? :facepalm:

If I has known this would have started a flame debate then I probably shouldn't have posted at all. But I guess thats what I get for trying to have an open mind. :facepalm:
Well, i'm sorry, but you make it seem like Waluigi will be in, when in fact he has alot going against hi, sure i will admit he can't be ignored and Sakurai could very well consider him, but I'm really doubting it will, its possible yes, probable? not really....

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, i'm sorry, but you make it seem like Waluigi will be in, when in fact he has alot going against hi, sure i will admit he can't be ignored and Sakurai could very well consider him, but I'm really doubting it will, its possible yes, probable? not really....
Yep well after what Toise said and looking at the Brawl poll, I don't think now that a Mario rep is as set in stone as much as we think now.

Either way I did want to start another debate in order to get this thread back on track. Plus I'm pretty proud of myself now that I was able to stand in a one-sided debate as well. :laugh:

Anyway I hope we get this much activty again when I finish my new stage concept. ;)

And for the record this is how my support to Mario Reps goes:

PM >> Bowser Jr. >> Waluigi > Toad

Later.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@---
Again, don't feel bad. It happens to me all the time.

OK, switching gears here...

Toon Zelda/Tetra, anyone...?
No. Think about it... think it's bad with three Landmasters? Do you want four Light Arrows in SSB4? Do you want Light Arrow to be the Landmaster of SSB4?

I want a new unique Zelda character. Tingle, Vaati, and arguably Impa are the best choices as they are the most recurring characters after Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The more we talk about Zelda characters, the more I resent Toon/Child Link taking a spot Tingle could have. I just wish they were less of a waste of space. I MEAN, yeah they have fans who will play them even if they were identicle clones of Link, and that's why they're in the game, but. . . such a waste. ._.

NOW, if we got Unique Toon Link, or Mask set Child Link, I would say screw tingle. But I know we won't get that. I'm hoping they turn out SOMEWHAT different in SSB4. WHichever one makes it in.

OmegaXXII

Yep well after what Toise said and looking at the Brawl poll, I don't think now that a Mario rep is as set in stone as much as we think now.

Either way I did want to start another debate in order to get this thread back on track. Plus I'm pretty proud of myself now that I was able to stand in a one-sided debate as well. :laugh:

Anyway I hope we get this much activty again when I finish my new stage concept. ;)

And for the record this is how my support to Mario Reps goes:

PM >> Bowser Jr. >> Waluigi > Toad

Later.
Yes, Paper Mario is my most wanted as well, I honestly can't wait your roster then, more ensuing debates? I hope so... :laugh:

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You have never seen the Brawl poll. Those are just character references counted up on the Brawl blog. Not the poll itself.

I would LOVE to see the Brawl poll.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You have never seen the Brawl poll. Those are just character references counted up on the Brawl blog. Not the poll itself.

I would LOVE to see the Brawl poll.
Oops. Sorry if I called it the Brawl poll, I keep forgetting what that long character list was called. :(

Still it's some evidence, and evidence is better then no evidence when it comes to debating. ;)

And either way those character references on the Brawl blog still support what Toise has been saying about Mario reps and the Japanese take on them.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What kind of ice cream would Captain Falcon and Mach Rider enjoy sharing together.

I know Mach Rider wouldn't like Rocky Road.

Too many bad, explodey memories.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What kind of ice cream would Captain Falcon and Mach Rider enjoy sharing together.

I know Mach Rider wouldn't like Rocky Road.

Too many bad, explodey memories.
Whatever Wolverine and Akuma enjoy together.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How can it be annoying and awful? Did you see the Youtube links? Did you see what I really mean?
More talking always equals more annoying. Less talking is better. Not saying damage voices are bad, just not ALL THE TIME

Knowing him, he's gonna say how no one (and by that, we all know it means him in particular) wants to hear voice clips over and over as it's just pointless (or something like that). The only thing I can acknowledge is that there isn't enough variety in the damage voice clips. Juri, Hakan, and Litchi are all really good examples of lacking voice clips. That can be remedied with simply adding different types of voice clips and making the voice output random aside from certain attacks like one clip plays ONLY when the shield breaks for example.
Why you
You will pay
Why you
You will pay
Why you
You will pay
Why you
You will pay

Not sure Street Fighter is a good example.

Hmm, let’s see… we have six characters who were rumored to be planned to be in SSB but they didn’t show up…

Bowser – planned to be in SSB, playable in Melee and Brawl
Mewtwo – planned to be in SSB, playable in Melee and would have been playable in Brawl
King Dedede – planned to be in SSB, playable in Brawl
Peach – RUMORED to be planned to be in SSB, playable in Melee and Brawl
Pit – RUMORED to be planned to be in SSB, playable in Brawl
Meowth – RUMORED to be planned to be in SSB, not playable yet so far

5 out of 6 planned characters are playable… this couldn’t be a coincidence. It is possible Sakurai could be saving the characters he considered in one game for a future sequel.

And Smashchu, why do you always speak for everyone? You cannot say things like “nobody wants Meowth but you” because that’s not true. There are plenty of fans who would like to see Meowth playable in Smash. If you don’t want Meowth, just say so but it bothers me when you try to speak for everyone and say that no one wants to play as Meowth in Smash like it is the gospel.

I don’t know about the others but I would like to be able to play as Meowth in at least one Smash game. If Meowth doesn’t come back in SSB5 or any of the future games – that’s fine because at least I have SSB4 where I can play as Meowth. Just one playable appearance in a Smash game is all I am asking.
All I hear is "OH oh oh, why don't you like Meowth. Why don't you like him." I go to other places than just here, and I don't hear Meowth. In fact, I only hear it from you, even hear. If anyone is speaking for others, it's you.

Your doing the same thing. "OH OH. These characters were planned and these were RUMORED. Yes you see. And Meowth was one of them." YES YES. He will be in!" Yet, where is mach Rider, Sakurai's favorite character for Smash 2 (his words).

There is a lot of characters I don't like. I don't like the idea of Paper Mario, but some people do and they can easily point to a lot of other people who like it. You on the other hand go crazy about characters no one else thinks is important. All the time. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Duck Hunt Dog this or Meowth that when people are talking about Little Mac, Ridley and the like far more. People talk about Ryu more than they do Meowth. Your the only one that brings it up. Which is my problem. You keep bring up this character over and over and over telling us how important it is and how it will get in the game. And yet no one shares the same remarks. Just you. Which is the problem. I'm cool with you liking Meowth. I'm coo with you liking the dog. I'm not cool with you bringing it up every 5 seconds.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not sure Street Fighter is a good example.
It's not as it's pretty much pertaining to just Juri and Hakan. Litchi takes the cake though. Repetitive sounds AND orgasmic-like hurt sounds makes you feel guilty playing as her.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The more we talk about Zelda characters, the more I resent Toon/Child Link taking a spot Tingle could have. I just wish they were less of a waste of space. I MEAN, yeah they have fans who will play them even if they were identicle clones of Link, and that's why they're in the game, but. . . such a waste. ._.
Regarding Young/Toon Link, am I the ONLY person who only wants whomever appears in SSB4 to only be Luigified into semi-clones and not completely de-cloned?

At the very least, I seem to be the only person who supports the two sharing the same Final Smash.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's not as it's pretty much pertaining to just Juri and Hakan. Litchi takes the cake though. Repetitive sounds AND orgasmic-like hurt sounds makes you feel guilty playing as her.
I'unno what you're talking about.

And ME-OWTH Chu! Someone's nails are showing. You diva. So posh. [Did I make my stereotype quota today?]

I like Meowth. He's one of my favorite Pokemon EVER. But I like others more, so I pretty much only talk about them. So, you're both right. We don't talk about Meowth YES. This is true, but it doesn't mean we don't like the idea.

The problem is, most people just like other ideas more. I know where Arcade is coming from, because I like Gardevoir and Suicune. NO ONE roots for lady Garde anymore, and I'm am literally, THE ONLY person who has ever brought up Suicune.

Non Clones > Semi Clones > Clones

But at this point, they don't even phase me anymore. It's whatever.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
regarding young/toon link, am i the only person who only wants whomever appears in ssb4 to only be luigified into semi-clones and not completely de-cloned?

At the very least, i seem to be the only person who supports the two sharing the same final smash.
NUH UHHH....

But I do think Toon Link could change up a bit, like have Jump Attack for FSmash and a different FS

@Waluigi stuff:
Ponder upon this: How about Sakurai didn't like that Waluigi wasn't popular but HE likes him and made him an AT over other popular characters as a "f**k you" to everyone?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So I take it we're pretending like Toise never said anything about people with orange text? Okay, fine by me.

I think I might star a basic outline of my "attempt" at this better-than-SSE-MEGA-adventure mode.

Should I base the roster on. . . personal preference? . . . ORRRRR my poll?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I don't have orange text...although he makes it clear he doesn't like SSBF.

Making an Adv mode is just for fun right, because what can really be expected is another SSE and hopefully another Melee Adv.
I'm not saying don't make one, because they're always nice to see, but just putting it out there what I think is more likely

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh man oh man oh man.

What if.

On some inexplicably long inexplicable road (typical SSE stuff, y'know), Samurai Goroh (in the Fire Stingray) is chasing after Captain Falcon (in the Blue Falcon). Unbeknownst to the two, they're sharing the road with THE MACH RIDER (riding in the opposite direction)! Falcon, being a kindly gentleman, avoids hitting Mr. Rider. Mach, looking over his shoulder at the odd sight, happens to not notice Goroh HEADING STRAIGHT FOR HIM. Goroh, being an unkindly ruffian, hits Mach Rider head on, causing a large explosion. AS GOROH LAUGHS, Mach Rider (still on the Mach Bike) reforms himself behind the Fire Stingray.

CUE MACH RIDER THEME! YOU ARE THE MACH RIDER! KICK GOROH'S BUM!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I got stumped on who to add, I then resorted to my poll. I hate people sometimes. I want to know WHY the most voted for LoZ character is Toon Zelda / Tetra? I just. . . don't like. Tingle has less than a hundred votes. Ghirahim has FIFTY.

AND THEN POKEMON~
Pichu has so many votes. So many. So does Plusle and Minun? They have weirdly a lot as well. Also Mewtwo has like 270 votes, and Locario has like 190? Zoroark has 190 something as well, SOOOO it's pretty clear Mewtwo > Lucario = Zoroark.

OH, and speaking of Samurai Goroh, he's doing okay. He's beating out MOST of the small franchise characters, expect for Little Mac and Isaac. Starfy, Ray MK, Saki, Mii's and Tom Nook have scores in the hundreds. Lip is one point away from joining them. As far as I can tell for Retro's it goes Lip > Balloon Fighter > Takamaru all REALLY CLOSE like 99, 90, and 88. Still, pretty bad scores.

AND THEN THERE'S SONIC. Being voted for 81% of the time. That blue idiot. It goes Sonic > Megaman > Snake > Bomberman > Geno

I don't have orange text...although he makes it clear he doesn't like SSBF.
He's not the only one with orange text. IDK, I think he was referring to someone else, but IDK.

Making an Adv mode is just for fun right, because what can really be expected is another SSE and hopefully another Melee Adv.
I'm not saying don't make one, because they're always nice to see, but just putting it out there what I think is more likely
OH THANK GOD YOU AREN'T SAYING NOT TO MAKE ONE! Cuzz, you know, I'm looking for your approval ~
I wish I didn't have so much to do tomorrow, or else I WOULD write one basic outline.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...m-Mach Rider isn't doing well on your poll.

I think it's rigged.

Can I, like, give some of Ridley's votes to Mach Rider.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...m-Mach Rider isn't doing well on your poll.

I think it's rigged.

Can I, like, give some of Ridley's votes to Mach Rider.
I forgot to add him, OKAY?

Mach Rider x Ridley fanfics, for you.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
NONSENSE. I see him on there with 45 votes. I think that's supposed to be 450 or something.

And PFFF no. It's totally Falcon x Mach. I need to get to doodling. TOTAL BROMANCE or something.

(Oh wow, Falcon has the most votes? Awesome.)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Oasis
That sounds awesome. If both of them were in that'd be perfect :D

@Shortie
No he basically stated it, but I don't wanna look back just for that.

I only said that in case I was giving off that you shouldn't make one :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
NONSENSE. I see him on there with 45 votes. I think that's supposed to be 450 or something.

And PFFF no. It's totally Falcon x Mach. I need to get to doodling. TOTAL BROMANCE or something.
Really? OHHHH. I remember, it's Excited Biker, and Andy from AW I forgot. :l

NOT. ENOUGH. RED HAIR.

Falcon dyed his hair, ya know it's all about the fall colors right now~ Ya know? Ya know.

I only said that in case I was giving off that you shouldn't make one :p
WELL I WILL. When I'm secure with my workload from school. :l

Krystal WILL be in it.

Doesn't asage have orange text and a Victini thing?

(Oh wow, Falcon has the most votes? Awesome.)
I hate the people who take that quiz. Mario doesn't even have that many votes. :L They DUMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom