• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wouldn't take the whole Assist Trophy thing too seriously as Mewtwo and Roy did not show up at all as a summon, and yet they were farther along than Waluigi ever was. Only Saki, and to a lesser extent Gray Fox, had a legitimate hint. Waluigi was just more of a tease.
Agreed, the AT part has nothing to do with a character actually getting in, it helps but isn't by a big demeanor.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Samurai Goroh, one of the ugliest characters I have ever seen. Seriously, OoT Ganon > Samurai Goroh in the looks department, and that's saying something.

...that is, if F-Zero gets another game soon... >:
Or without? *looks a Pukas.

The only reason Saki is the exception is because he conceded that he was a popular request. Outside of that I am not going to really draw anything else from the site.
Now, this one is popular. This is Deoxys, a DNA Pokémon. It appears on command from a Poké Ball!
What was that?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looking through the DOJO again. I don't think I can really take anything from there as a legitimate hint. I forgot about Sakurai's tendency to make over exaggerated, grandiose statements. The only reason Saki is the exception is because he conceded that he was a popular request. Outside of that I am not going to really draw anything else from the site.

OmegaXXII

Samurai Goroh and Little Mac however will since they are popular in general, plus they are subsequent to series in which they reside.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I knew my addtion of Waluigi would create a new found debate. :laugh:

Anyway I see the Mario newcomers chances (except for Toad) are pretty even, but whether or not it's teasing like some claim, it's something Waluigi has over the other Mario newcomers and it shouldn't be ignored.

Also as for the Samurai Goroh/Deoxys quote, I found the way it was worded to not stand out like Wa's or Saki's. So forgive me if I take theirs to be a hint.

Now then are there any other problems with my roster?

OmegaXXII

So, Saki seems likely right? I wonder if Sakurai would actually consider him and what would his appearance be based on?

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I just hope F-Zero gets another character. I'm with Sabyr; I'm tired of Falcon carrying the burden.

@---
Nope. All's good.

OmegaXXII

I just hope F-Zero gets another character. I'm with Sabyr; I'm tired of Falcon carrying the burden.
Agreed, but who do people HONESTLY want the most? no realistic chances involved.

Samurai Goroh
Dr. Clark
Black Shadow

Even though Samurai Goroh is way more likely, i'd say Black Shadow should take the spot since he's an antagonist, Goroh is more of a rival which is meh....besides Takamaru can take his place as the katana user.

(ALL IN MY OPINION)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Also as for the Samurai Goroh/Deoxys quote, I found the way it was worded to not stand out like Wa's or Saki's. So forgive me if I take theirs to be a hint.
That's my point. Have you ever just made something sound good? Sakurai was doing that with Deoxys, Samurai Goroh, Waluigi AND Saki. He just was trying to make their inclusion look like it was wanted. (Which it was) You guys are just cherry picking.

Nothing like the Pit trophy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would personally like to see Pico as the second playable F-Zero character. However, he has practically no chance at ever becoming playable in the Smash Bros. series.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't forget everyone Sakurai also hyped Gray Fox and Mr. Resetti as well.

He approaches stealthily with lithe jumps, coming right in then slicing repeatedly. Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.
It’s Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing. At long last he makes his appearance!
Not too sure that means anything. Then, inversely, we have the infamous "up until now" quote.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, but who do people HONESTLY want the most? no realistic chances involved.

Samurai Goroh
Dr. Clark
Black Shadow

Even though Samurai Goroh is way more likely, I'd say Black Shadow should take the spot since he's an antagonist, Goroh is more of a rival which is meh....besides Takamaru can take his place as the katana user.

(ALL IN MY OPINION)
You meant Dr. Stewart, right? But my pick is Black Shadow. Goroh could stay as an AT if he wants.

Don't forget everyone Sakurai also hyped Mr. Resetti.
NO!!! NOT HIM!!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Again, you're cherry picking the quotes. He said good stuff about like eight characters! Probably more! He's just making their inclusion sound like a really good decision.

D

Deleted member

---, why is Victini a starter? I personally think that if it gets in, it will have to be unlocked.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's my point. Have you ever just made something sound good? Sakurai was doing that with Deoxys, Samurai Goroh, Waluigi AND Saki. He just was trying to make their inclusion look like it was wanted. (Which it was)

Nothing like the Pit trophy.
We're all debating their chances aren't we? And so far all these characters have appeared in our debates as characters with somewhat of a good chance.

I don't like Waluigi, but he's the only Mario rep to even get some special attention from Sakurai and that's what I think puts him over other possible Mario reps despite their popularity over here in the U.S.

As for Samurai Goroh, after all this, I'm thinking of now siding with Toise on this one and what he has also said about another Mario rep. So don't think I'm setting my roster in stone just yet.

I'm just sad that that's all people are looking at on my roster. :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG Mr. Rosetti is making it into SM4SH!!!

...Actually I'd like Tom Nook in SM4SH

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
---, why is Victini a starter? I personally think that if it gets in, it will have to be unlocked.
Same reason that Ike and Lucas make more sense as starters, I'd imagine.

THING GOT A LITTLE MACH RIDERY WHILE I WAS NAPPING. How unfortunate. >:

Didn't expect STAR to do THAT. What a weirdo that is no longer a monster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We're all debating their chances aren't we? And so far all these characters have appeared in our debates as characters with somewhat of a good chance.

I don't like Waluigi, but he's the only Mario rep to even get some special attention from Sakurai and that's what I think puts him over other possible Mario reps despite their popularity over here in the U.S.
I think your blinded by that silly Sakurai quote. He isn't as popular as either Bowser Jr, or Toad. (Definitely not Toad) and Sakurai gave him special attention, so what? He gave the gooey bomb and PIPLUP "special attention" as well.

He picked Waluigi as an AT, that doesn't mean he's the best candidate for the Mario series. He's one of the worst, actually.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I thought it would be weird to have 4 unlockable Pokemon, and of them Victini seemed to be the one I guess that made a little more sense to make a starter.

Though to tell the truth I didn't really spend much time on who would be unlockable, I was to busy preparing for the flamming which I was right about happening.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Again, you're cherry picking the quotes. He said good stuff about like eight characters! Probably more! He's just making their inclusion sound like a really good decision.
Haha, I don't think you read the context of what I was saying. I was trying to point out that most of the quotes don't matter because he has made boisterous claims about other characters as well. The reason I pointed out Gray Fox and Mr. Resetti is for the sheer absurdity that either one would actually be playable. Context people.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Haha, I don't think you read the context of what I was saying. I was trying to point out that most of the quotes don't matter because he has made boisterous claims about other characters as well. The reason I pointed out Gray Fox and Mr. Resetti is for the sheer absurdity that either one would actually be playable. Context people.
The internet doesn't carry inflections.

Don't forget everyone Sakurai also hyped Gray Fox and Mr. Resetti as well
That sounded legitimate to me, until i reread it after you said something.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman

As for Samurai Goroh, after all this, I'm thinking of now siding with Toise on this one and what he has also said about another Mario rep. So don't think I'm setting my roster in stone just yet.

I'm just sad that that's all people are looking at on my roster. :(
I actually like Waluigi. I just feel that since he's appeared in the form of an Assist Trophy, he should remain as such. Not that I don't think he could have a unique moveset; which he could.

In regards to your roster, as I said, it's a great roster. And don't feel bad; nobody thinks my roster will happen, even though it's a wishlist.

D

Deleted member

I thought it would be weird to have 4 unlockable Pokemon, and of them Victini seemed to be the one I guess that made a little more sense to make a starter.

Though to tell the truth I didn't really spend much time on who would be unlockable, I was to busy preparing for the flamming which I was right about happening.
Fair enough, I see your reasoning.

Other then Waluigi, I have no serious objection to the roster.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think your blinded by that silly Sakurai quote. He isn't as popular as either Bowser Jr, or Toad. (Definitely not Toad) and Sakurai gave him special attention, so what? He gave the gooey bomb and PIPLUP "special attention" as well.

He picked Waluigi as an AT, that doesn't mean he's the best candidate for the Mario series. He's one of the worst, actually.
That's just it, why is he the worst?

No one has really explained that at all in a debate, we all just say he's a Spin-Off character so he has no chance and leave it at that.

Also how many times to I have to say it, I don't support Waluigi. :glare:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That sounded legitimate to me, until i reread it after you said something.
Looking through the DOJO again. I don't think I can really take anything from there as a legitimate hint. I forgot about Sakurai's tendency to make over exaggerated, grandiose statements. The only reason Saki is the exception is because he conceded that he was a popular request. Outside of that I am not going to really draw anything else from the site.
Don't forget everyone Sakurai also hyped Gray Fox and Mr. Resetti as well.

He approaches stealthily with lithe jumps, coming right in then slicing repeatedly. Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.
It’s Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing. At long last he makes his appearance!
Not too sure that means anything. Then, inversely, we have the infamous "up until now" quote.
The key was my comment beforehand.

OmegaXXII

I agree with this, people need to stop thinking Waluigi would be better suited than Bowser jr. and Toad, it's very unlikely to happen, that description on the DOJO is squat.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's just it, why is he the worst?

No one has really explained that at all in a debate, we all just say he's a Spin-Off character so he has no chance and leave it at that.

Also how many times to I have to say it, I don't support Waluigi. :glare:
Toad has more history and Bowser Jr. has a more important roles within the main series. ON top of that, I'm willing to wager Toise cats that they're more requested than Waluigi as well.

If he isn't important, doesn't have the history and isn't the most popular, that makes him a lesser choice.

Toad, Bowser Jr, and even Paper Mario have him beat.

The only reason Saki is the exception is because he conceded that he was a popular request. Outside of that I am not going to really draw anything else from the site.
Cherry. Picking.

OmegaXXII

Bowser Jr. and Toad have more history and more important roles within the series. ON top of that, I'm willing to wager Toise cats that they're more requested than Waluigi as well.

If he isn't important, doesn't have the history and isn't the most popular, that makes him a lesser choice.

Toad, Bowser Jr, and even Paper Mario have him beat.

Cherry. Picking.
Once again, pointing out the obvious, also Waluigi seems to be hated amongalot of people, his popularity pales in comparison to Toad.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Here's a fact to consider: At what point in time were the characters introduced to us all? Technically, Waluigi came BEFORE Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom