• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oohh i'd like that.
The touhou fighting game series does something like that. You could unlock new moves to replace the older ones and customize your character more. It kept all the characters balanced because they all felt versatile. They were also reaalllly easy to obtain. All moves had a use to so it wasn't just some generic stronger version of the previous move you replaced.

Hurr and no prob. Just think about all the **** that makes your character awesome when you make a moveset. =w=

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why don't you just call him Sakurai instead of Mr.Sakurai? Anyway I think buying new moves for characters would be kind of stupid it kind of reminds me of Mortal Kombat

:phone:
"Mr" is a symbol of respect in my town. I call Mr. Sakurai such because he made one of the best games ever, in my book. Problem?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, what a lovely conversation :) Mewtwo has, no doubt, been an expected character for brawl and what's soon 2B SSB4. Perhaps this time around we'll see more of fan appeal than character flawlessness. @ star NO GUNS, SNAKE!
Well technically Gatling guns have been in smash since that is a trophy in smash

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Opelucid
Actually, since the 3DS version is supposed to be more customizable that's a good possibility.

@Star
Where did Mach's chains come from?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
"Mr" is a symbol of respect in my town. I call Mr. Sakurai such because he made one of the best games ever, in my book. Problem?
I was just asking because I've never seen someone they don't even know "Mr" but whatever.

New Zelda Rep= Ghirahim that Is if the game is popular and the character himself is if not then Tingle. And does Toon Zelda even fight?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was just asking because I've never seen someone they don't even know "Mr" but whatever.

So, ur telling me when u met ur teacher at high school for the first time, you said, "Oh, sup, Sandy?" -_- But nvm that. I think coins need more use. What do u guys think?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't refer to anyone by name unless I'm friends with them

I just make a statement in their direction and they realize I'm talking to them

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
So, ur telling me when u met ur teacher at high school for the first time, you said, "Oh, sup, Sandy?" -_- But nvm that. I think coins need more use. What do u guys think?
Pretty sure I didn't say Sup; I'm pretty sure I just sat down at a desk... but you know what I just have to get this out I'm not replying to you anymore because you really don't make any sense half of the time.

Anyway a new use for coins would be nice

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Dude, having a chain is like the bread n butter of being a motorcycle riding badass. :D
Ya just, gotta have it!

Its not too outta character. I can totally see him using a chain. =p I was thinking of moveset yesterday and with out realizing it, it had loootsa chain action.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uh oh. According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, Ghirahim's goal is to "revive his master". It was confirmed that Ganondorf would not be in the game, however, no one said anything about Ganon...

If Ghirahim ends up becoming another Zant, then I guess he might no longer be a serious contender for Smash 4.

Still, I think the best route would be to wait until Skyward Sword is actually released, and to see if Ghirahim is actually a well-received character by the Zelda fanbase.
Maybe the master is Vaati. It makes sense to me because:

1) Vaati is a Minish and the Minish came from the sky according to The Minish Cap backstory and Skyward Sword takes place in the sky

2) Skyward Sword is apparently Nintendo's answer to the 25th Zelda Anniversary and Nintendo made the 25th Anniversary edition of Four Swords for the DSiWare (it will be out tomorrow) and Vaati debuted in the Four Swords games

3) when fans first saw Ghirahim, they immediately thought he was Vaati. Hmmm?

EDIT: 4) Skyward Sword takes place before Ocarina of Time. The Minish Cap was once considered to be the first in the timeline, predating Ocarina of Time. It is possible that Skyward Sword happens between The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time.

I would rather have Vaati instead of Ghirahim. But Tingle would be awesome, too! :awesome: It would be cool if we got Toon reps with Toon Link, Vaati, and Tingle to go with the main trio, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. I like that direction better than having the Toon reps be clones of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Opelucid Alright, watever, man. -flameadverted- Anyways I gtg work on my Brawlroo project. I'm also working on my moveset data on Mewtwo and Victini, while remixing Mario and Pikachu. I'll bring'em 2marrow. Get rdy to judge'em, cause they're goin on my website :)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I'm not saying it doesn't fit, but I'm saying it's Ghost Rider's thing in fighting games (unless there's another biker I don't know about)
I think Mach is fine with a gatling gun and defragging (derp he defrags because he's fast lol) instead of ripping off Ghost Rider.

D

Deleted member

So I'm curious, is there anything that would make Vaati unique and a fun character to play with? I'll consider supporting him if he is in Skyward Swords.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@Opelucid Alright, watever, man. -flameadverted- Anyways I gtg work on my Brawlroo project. I'm also working on my moveset data on Mewtwo and Victini, while remixing Mario and Pikachu. I'll bring'em 2marrow. Get rdy to judge'em, cause they're goin on my website :)
I was a little annoyed before I apologize for what I said. Out of curiosity what's with Mach Rider and dissembling does he actually do that in game?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not saying it doesn't fit, but I'm saying it's Ghost Rider's thing in fighting games (unless there's another biker I don't know about)
I think Mach is fine with a gatling gun and defragging (derp he defrags because he's fast lol) instead of ripping off Ghost Rider.
Just about EVERY cliche Motorcycle gang member in cinematic history

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

1) Vaati is a Minish and the Minish came from the sky according to The Minish Cap backstory and Skyward Sword takes place in the sky

2) Skyward Sword is apparently Nintendo's answer to the 25th Zelda Anniversary and Nintendo made the 25th Anniversary edition of Four Swords for the DSiWare (it will be out tomorrow) and Vaati debuted in the Four Swords games

EDIT: 4) Skyward Sword takes place before Ocarina of Time. The Minish Cap was once considered to be the first in the timeline, predating Ocarina of Time. It is possible that Skyward Sword happens between The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time.

I would rather have Vaati instead of Ghirahim. But Tingle would be awesome, too! :awesome: It would be cool if we got Toon reps with Toon Link, Vaati, and Tingle to go with the main trio, Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. I like that direction better than having the Toon reps be clones of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
Yes! See I'm not the only one :p (well my gf thought that too lol)
But the Toon Trio sounds cool, and if SSB4 is 6-player compatible that'd be an awesome fight to see :D

@Pyscho
I guess I don't pay attention to bikers in movies then :O

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Yes! See I'm not the only one :p (well my gf thought that too lol)
But the Toon Trio sounds cool, and if SSB4 is 6-player compatible that'd be an awesome fight to see :D
I hope it's 6-player as well. The Multi-Man modes thus far have been alright, but it should finally cross into multiplayer mode. Having a 4-way fight is fun, but having a 6-way battle would rock!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You do realize chains are usually a standard biker cliché? I simply took some of the ideas from Ghost Rider and implemented them into Mach Rider.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So I'm curious, is there anything that would make Vaati unique and a fun character to play with? I'll consider supporting him if he is in Skyward Swords.
Boss Fight against Vaati in The Minish Cap Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuNZkDzKl8

Boss Fight against Vaati in The Minish Cap Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GqebTrCGU&feature=related

Boss Fight against Vaati in Four Swords Adventures - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05RLQRxgBSU

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I hope it's 6-player as well. The Multi-Man modes thus far have been alright, but it should finally cross into multiplayer mode. Having a 4-way fight is fun, but having a 6-way battle would rock!
Yes, I can see it working and such with 1 tablet and 4 wii-motes, it would be a possibility to consider.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
You do realize chains are usually a standard biker cliché? I simply took some of the ideas from Ghost Rider and implemented them into Mach Rider.
Actually no, I said that to Psycho. I guess I don't pay attention to bikers in movies :/

@Omega
It's just the prototype that supports ONE tablet and 4 Wii motes right? 5 players just seems unfitting

OmegaXXII

Wow, what an amazing theory, yes Vaati should be likely now!! Though his lol will probably be diffrent I suppose.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One other thing worth noting, hopefully this doesn't constitute spoilers, but several unique items from the Minish Cap are returning in Skyward Sword.

OmegaXXII

One other thing worth noting, hopefully this doesn't constitute spoilers, but several unique items from the Minish Cap are returning in Skyward Sword.
Which in turn furthers backs up the claim of Vaati being the master, man I cannot wait to see if this is true. :grin:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well it isn't really pointing to Vaati as much as it points towards Skyward Sword having a connection with Minish Cap. To be honest it also has a connection to Twilight Princess too. Somehow I feel this game is really going to tie into a lot of other titles by the time the story is over.

OmegaXXII

@Omega
It's just the prototype that supports ONE tablet and 4 Wii motes right? 5 players just seems unfitting
Well, I heard there will probably be support for 2 tablets along with 4 wii motes, it should be within the realm of possibility since it was in Melee.

OmegaXXII

Well it isn't really pointing to Vaati as much as it points towards Skyward Sword having a connection with Minish Cap. To be honest it also has a connection to Twilight Princess too. Somehow I feel this game is really going to tie into a lot of other titles by the time the story is over.
So more like a mixture of Twiligh Princess, Ocarina, Four Swords all fused up? Hmm...this has me puzzled as to determining a character that would be certain aisde from Tingle.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Metal
Yup, the Zelda HD gameplay was showing that off

I have a really good feeling it is Vaati because of these connections and that Ghirahim looks like a Minish

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
4) Skyward Sword takes place before Ocarina of Time. The Minish Cap was once considered to be the first in the timeline, predating Ocarina of Time. It is possible that Skyward Sword happens between The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time.
Wouldn't that be a point against him? He was sealed in Four Swords Adventures (which came before The Minish Cap), so in order for him to possibly make an appearance, Skyward Swords should be before The Minish Cap and after Four Swords Adventures. If it takes place after The Minish Cap, it will be Ganon who is revived, not Vaati. That said, it is possible for that to happen with the world seemingly meld between the Triforce and Toon period.

But I'm not holding my breath for Vaati's Skyward Swords appearance, but I will say he is a likely candidate if he does make an appearance in that game and SSB4 will be his last shot at a playable spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom