• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We won't be getting both, why do people assume KI is doing so?? Just one at most aside from Pit himself, why so???!!!!

This is seriously bothering me, it's pure assumption, not evidential.

THEY SPEAK CLONES!!!

If anybody it should be Magnus but even him I doubt.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
With Shulk? How old is Xenoblade, I only recently saw my friend playing it
I'm sure Medusa is different than Palutena...

@Metal
I feel like Zoroark has a better chance than Victini for some reason, but I'd like to see Victini playable.
How about Dark Samus or a one of the characters from Prime Hunters (as HMs)?
I think Little Mac is considered retro
Otherwise it's a good roster :)

OmegaXXII

@Omega
It's a recent game that barely came out earlier this year, it was released on in Japan and Europe, I'm guessing your friend imported it from the UK i'm assuming.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We won't be getting both, why do people assume KI is doing so?? Just one at most aside from Pit himself, why so???!!!!

This is seriously bothering me, it's pure assumption, not evidential.

THEY SPEAK CLONES!!!

If anybody it should be Magnus but even him I doubt.
Meh, it's just all opinion, hopefully when I get around to it tonight, I'll post my roster and maybe then I can explain.

Although looking at it, KI isn't the most controversial character I added... :awesome:

D

Deleted member

y.toonlink said:
Coin flip in what way? Toon Link ultimately still has more games and represents Zelda differently than Young Link's one time spotlight due to a recent game. If anything, Sheik represents Ocarina of Time, which in turn represents Majora's Mask being a direct sequel.
But Young Link's games are more relevant due to the million-selling Ocarina of Time 3DS remake and the likely Majora's Mask 3DS remake as well. The game may not get released until late 2014, which will be five years since a Toon game has been made if none are announced by SSB4's release.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Omega

@Metal
I feel like Zoroark has a better chance than Victini for some reason, but I'd like to see Victini playable.
How about Dark Samus or a one of the characters from Prime Hunters (as HMs)?
I think Little Mac is considered retro
Otherwise it's a good roster :)
Punch-Out, Little Mac's home series, got resurrected recently so it isn't really retro anymore.

I knew nobody would get the joke lol.

I do have Dark Samus as an HM already, she's codenamed as "Metroid Prime after Metroid Prime".

What I mean by that is that Dark Samus actually is Metroid Prime, who was the eponymous final boss of Metroid Prime. It transformed into Dark Samus after Metroid Prime, hence why I put "Metroid Prime after Metroid Prime". ;)

... Dudes.

What's good, Poke? You've indirectly made me into a Waluigi supporter lol...

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Meh, it's just all opinion, hopefully when I get around to it tonight, I'll post my roster and maybe then I can explain.

Although looking at it, KI isn't the most controversial character I added... :awesome:
Well, if that's the case then it's alright, i would like to see a roster along with some in-depth explanation from somebody, seems i'm the only one doing so.

... Doods
You just game me a new avatar idea! :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eh...I can see it as either way for Mac being retro. Sure, it was resurrected, but it plays almost exactly like the NES version. That, and most of the series fame came from the NES game. That's actually why I'm hesitant on adding any retro that isn't a "WTF" character.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I do have Dark Samus as an HM already, she's codenamed as "Metroid Prime after Metroid Prime".

What I mean by that is that Dark Samus actually is Metroid Prime, who was the eponymous final boss of Metroid Prime. It transformed into Dark Samus after Metroid Prime, hence why I put "Metroid Prime after Metroid Prime". ;)
We know that. But me, I have Dark Samus down as "likely."

D

Deleted member

@Metal: Can't really say I have any serious objection to your roster (or how realistic it is). The only thing that I have my doubts about is six slots for Pokemon (although that is possible), but if it does happen, it will very likely be those six.

@---: I very much look forward to your roster.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, if that's the case then it's alright, i would like to see a roster along with some in-depth explanation from somebody, seems i'm the only one doing so.
Ditto. ;)

Although SSBF also did one already, I think he posted it in the backroom if you want a look. It's not that bad and gives a good format to maybe use.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
It's a recent game that barely came out earlier this year, it was released on in Japan and Europe, I'm guessing your friend imported it from the UK i'm assuming.
Well his brother got it torrented, but I brought that up because you said it was your Brawl roster :p

But Young Link's games are more relevant due to the million-selling Ocarina of Time 3DS remake and the likely Majora's Mask 3DS remake as well. The game may not get released until late 2014, which will be five years since a Toon game has been made if none are announced by SSB4's release.
Relevance doesn't mean that Young Link will get in 100%. Sheik, as I said, already represents OoT as it is. And you're still assuming a MM remake will happen, which I agree, but that can also mean a Toon game can still happen. It wouldn't even matter if a Toon game isn't out as there can be one in the future, and SSB is also used to advertise upcoming games (Roy).

OmegaXXII

Ditto. ;)

Although SSBF also did one already, I think he posted it in the backroom if you want a look. It's not that bad and gives a good format to maybe use.
Hmm..perhaps i will look at it and seriously take a crack at this, I might post it here and an the roster thread as well. :)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Metal
I knew that, I just didn't get it right away lol

@Poke
Whaddup? :D

@Swayne
What were you referring to when you said Pichu should show up with the GS Ball?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@SSBF: The page isn't available.

Anyway, hopefully the backroom gets up to speed soon...pretty much only the community thread gets activity...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: I very much look forward to your roster.
You say that now. :laugh:

Just wait until you see it. Although I do hope it'll give a good example on what on how flexable a roster can be in addtion to 1 extremely unexpected addition.

All of which I expect to be flammed on. So I'll have to go through my thoughts yet again in order to be prepared for debate. ;)

OmegaXXII

Eh...I can see it as either way for Mac being retro. Sure, it was resurrected, but it plays almost exactly like the NES version. That, and most of the series fame came from the NES game. That's actually why I'm hesitant on adding any retro that isn't a "WTF" character.
Meh..I don't think he's fully a "retro" character anymore, he lost it since his game came out on the Wii recently, sure, he is known for his games on the NES and such but that retro iconism has somewhat diminished now that he is somewhat relevant.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Here is mah first crack at making a roster for Sm4sh: Feel free to make suggestions!

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad

HM: Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Doc, Geno?

Legend of Zelda
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link

HM: Ghirahim, Tingle?

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Victini
Pokemon Trainer- (Red- Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario

HM: Genesect, Zoroark, Deoxys, 2nd or 3rd gen PT

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

HM: Dixie Kong

Yoshi
Yoshi

Wario
Wario

HM: Captain Syrup

Paper Mario
Paper Mario

Metroid
Samus/Zamus
Ridley

HM: Metroid Prime after Metroid Prime :)

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy or Chrome- (or possibly both)

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

HM: Krystal, Slippy :troll:

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

HM: Samurai Goroh

Golden Sun
Isaac

HM: Matthew

Sin and Punishment
Saki

HM: Isa Jo (Who the hell is this dude lol)

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena and/or Medusa- (both have a decent chance, maybe both?)

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac

Retro
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B
Takamaru

HM: Duck Hunt Dog, Sheriff, Mach Rider

Third-party
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man

HM: Tails or Robotnik, Ryu, Pac-Man, Slime, Layton

Comments and concerns would be greatly appreciated! :)

BTW, HM means Honorable Mention, a character that I personally don't expect but still have decent enough chances to be considered.

Good Evening!

That's my opinion:

Mario: Waluigi
TLOZ: Ghirahim
Pokemon: I would like Team Rocket, and a second team and second trainer of the fifth generation that divide the slot with the Red. Cut Lucario and Victini and put Zoroark!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like I said, I can see both sides, either way he'll probably get in...

OmegaXXII

Yes, Little Mac is probable indeed, I know so because he is popular ans somewhat demanded, plus he's already acknowledged by Sakurai.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Swayne
What were you referring to when you said Pichu should show up with the GS Ball?
I meant that the GS Ball would be a new item for Smash, and Pichu would emerge from it when thrown. It's an add-on to my idea to include Pichu for the next game, if he won't return as a playable character.

I could re-post the idea if you want; I still have it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Metal: Can't really say I have any serious objection to your roster (or how realistic it is). The only thing that I have my doubts about is six slots for Pokemon (although that is possible), but if it does happen, it will very likely be those six.
Ah, glad to hear a Smash vet didn't totally tear apart my roster...

And I'd bet these are your doubts:

1. We get the 5th gen rep, keep Lucario but we don't get Mewtwo.

2. We get Mewtwo but Lucario gets replaced by the 5th gen rep.

3. Worst case scenario, we don't get Mewtwo and
Lucario gets replaced by the 5th gen rep (probably your main doubt).

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Ah, glad to hear a Smash vet didn't totally tear apart my roster...

1. We get the 5th gen rep, keep Lucario but we don't ger Mewtwo (probably your main doubt).

3. Worsr case scenario, we don't get Mewtwo and
Lucario gets replaced by the 5th gen rep.

Personally I prefer the 3th option!

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman

Personally I prefer the 3th option!
There is a 4th option: Get Mewtwo back, keep Lucario, and we DON'T get a 5th gen rep.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Uh oh. According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, Ghirahim's goal is to "revive his master". It was confirmed that Ganondorf would not be in the game, however, no one said anything about Ganon...

If Ghirahim ends up becoming another Zant, then I guess he might no longer be a serious contender for Smash 4.

Still, I think the best route would be to wait until Skyward Sword is actually released, and to see if Ghirahim is actually a well-received character by the Zelda fanbase.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Swayne
Oh so an exclusive Pokeball? I see but I don't think it's so important to get a GS Ball. Celebi is more associated with the ball anyway, but I do remember your Pichu idea and I like it :3

D

Deleted member

@y.toonlink: That is true, but it does help Young Link out. Relevance will play a role in character's inclusion. If Toon Link does not get a game by SSB4's release and Young Link gets Majora's Mask, then I don't think Toon Link is staying.
Metal Overlord said:

My biggest worry is undoubtedly the third scenario and Lucario replaced by Zoroark. If they were to do that, I would lose hope for pretty much any Pokemon I would want to see in Smash.

I feel as the first two scenarios are more likely (honestly, I just want to see five slots for Pokemon), but the third scenario is (unfortunately) a real possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom