• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Monstruo... Well, that is a new one. I am not dissing your commitment I only find it surprising that anyone is rallying behind Mach Rider. I don't tend to see much support for him as a character. Now I am in full support of him if he can manage to have a gritty playstyle like Ghost Rider. Otherwise I'm neutral.

Now, given Sakurai's tendency to reintroduce characters and series, I can see him reinventing Mach Rider since he is a character that he has some preference towards. It wouldn't be too surprising, but still surprising in a way.

D

Deleted member

Mach Rider would have been great if the rumor was true. But my hype for him is gone.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ha, it's fun to see fun, obscure choices getting supported like..

Star: Mech Porky/Orbulon
Omega: Duck Hunt Dog
Oasis: Mach Rider!!!!!!
Berserker: Phoenix Wright!! :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Monstruo... Well, that is a new one. I am not dissing your commitment I only find it surprising that anyone is rallying behind Mach Rider. I don't tend to see much support for him as a character. Now I am in full support of him if he can manage to have a gritty playstyle like Ghost Rider. Otherwise I'm neutral.
What if his Side Special had him leave flames behind him as he runs.

What if he used a CHAIN as a tether grab. Or tilts/aerials.

SO MANY MANLY AND AWESOME POSSIBILITIES.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SO MANY MANLY AND AWESOME POSSIBILITIES.
Yes! :falcon:

And in other news I just found out the only MM game still announced have been delayed back to late 2012. XP

OmegaXXII

Yes, he's a bigger enthusiast indeed!!

@Oasis_Silky: You should repost those Mach Rider pictures from the other day, as well as that newcomer checklist as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Isn't a chain tether grab essentially what Sheik does? Yes though, it would be very interesting. Having him have a moveset based around a chain, speed, de-fragmentation, and explosions would be interesting.

As much as I enjoy ↓↓↓↓ I still wonder how his mech would hold onto ledges...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Another official Megaman game you say?? Source??

Actually there were 3 MM games in development this year:

MML3
Mega Man Universe
Rockman Online

The first two were cancelled, but Online has been delayed back from this year to next year; not that it matters though as so far its Korea only. XP

Look up the Online Trailer, you'll be surprised at HOW AWESOME IT IS. :cool:

4 words: Classic & X Crossover

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

OmegaXXII

Actually there were 3 MM games in development this year:

MML3
Mega Man Universe
Rockman Online

The first two were cancelled, but Online has been delayed back from this year to next year; not that it matters though as so far its Korea only. XP

Look up the Online Trailer, you'll be surprised at HOW AWESOME IT IS. :cool:
Oh wait, isn't this the MM game you told me about before? the one with online? If so, then Megaman does indeed have more chances than I thought, I actually am feeling somewhat pessimistic over him getting in, while another part of me wants him in, it's strange. :urg:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh wait, isn't this the MM game you told me about before? the one with online? If so, then Megaman does indeed have more chances than I thought, I actually am feeling somewhat pessimistic over him getting in, while another part of me wants him in, it's strange. :urg:

NOOO! Thats WAY different, Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch is already out and is fan made.

This is Rockman Online. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksq5ib1kmpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIDNuz_gzxo&feature=related

So yes Capcom has not killed MM.

Also any MM fan should watch these vids. I'll give someone 5 points for the 1st to know what MM song plays during the 1st Trailer. :p

OmegaXXII

Well, okay.

I'll just post the link to Mach Rider though:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13408223&postcount=42323

Here's the big dumb pool of characters that was ruined by suggestions (Hunting Dog and Sheriff, to name a couple):

Thanks, added the roster to the roster thread, it seems you had Mach Rider already, I think Berserker came up with a moveset.

Also, the only dumb choice on that checklist is obviously Mach Rider. :awesome:

At least more people support DHD in this thread.~~

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
OK, as I just recently got in as a member for the New Super Smash Bros for Wii U Backroom, I got a question for all the other members:

Is it just gonna be a circlejerk for all the cool kids, like I think it might be? Or are we planning on have decent discussion and actually getting somewhere with the group?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
OK, as I just recently got in as a member for the New Super Smash Bros for Wii U Backroom, I got a question for all the other members:

Is it just gonna be a circlejerk for all the cool kids, like I think it might be? Or are we planning on have decent discussion and actually getting somewhere with the group?

I guess you could call it that.

But for now, it's pretty much dead until E3 comes and this thread starts getting crazy and or people start posting more back there.

So for the moment it's more of a database for all of us to post ideas and information for future reference.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How can it be annoying and awful? Did you see the Youtube links? Did you see what I really mean?
Knowing him, he's gonna say how no one (and by that, we all know it means him in particular) wants to hear voice clips over and over as it's just pointless (or something like that). The only thing I can acknowledge is that there isn't enough variety in the damage voice clips. Juri, Hakan, and Litchi are all really good examples of lacking voice clips. That can be remedied with simply adding different types of voice clips and making the voice output random aside from certain attacks like one clip plays ONLY when the shield breaks for example.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
How can it be annoying and awful? Did you see the Youtube links? Did you see what I really mean?
Dude, not all hits have to be screaming with agony. They already do it when they get hit by heavy attack/about to be KOd

I believe it could be a revolution is Mr. Sakurai added 1st person. Think about it: Virtual Reality. Very minor of one, but still, I'd like to see Victini's 1st person view :awesome: DARN IT I 2x POSTED -_-
What would be the point of it though, there's already a camera :O

Mach Rider would have been great if the rumor was true. But my hype for him is gone.

He could still show up as a retro character, IC's don't have a recent game.

OmegaXXII

@Overlord: Basically it will be a hideout from all the noob hype that will inevitably come if an E3 trailer is announced, I'm telling you from experience, it will get crazy here, so much so that the site might crash, it did during the brawl hype as well, fun times.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I guess you could call it that.

But for now, it's pretty much dead until E3 comes and this thread starts getting crazy and or people start posting more back there.

So for the moment it's more of a database for all of us to post ideas and information for future reference.
How can it be a circlejerk if hardly anypony posts in it? :awesome:

But, yeah, I just want to feel like I didn't join a group filled with a bunch of brown-nosing old fogies, if you get what I mean. ;)

D

Deleted member

@---: Thanks for showing me that a MM game is in development. I feel slightly better about his chances.

And y.toonlink, I think Takamaru or Lip will get in before Mach Rider.

OmegaXXII

I concur with SSBFan, Lip and Takamaru definetly have higher chances than Mach Rider, it's a given due to their popularity.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How can it be a circlejerk if hardly anypony posts in it? :awesome:

But, yeah, I just want to feel like I didn't join a group filled with a bunch of brown-nosing old fogies, if you get what I mean. ;)

Just wait till E3 comes, then you'll be glad you got in. Besides most of us at least try to make a few posts there once a day. So either way it's more active then the 3DS thread. :awesome:

@---: Thanks for showing me that a MM game is in development. I feel slightly better about his chances.
No Problem. I'm just surprised though that no one here had even heard of it before especially when it was announced last year and got major hype among most gamers (until they found out it was Korea only).

Also, did anyone even watch those trailers I posted? I'd recommend it, they're that awesome. :cool:

And as a side note, I just saw that SSBB's E3 06 Trailer got placed at #20 on Gametrailers Top 100 Trailers. SSB4 has a lot to live up too at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom