• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

--- said:
No Problem. I'm just surprised though that no one here had even heard of it before especially when it was announced last year and got major hype among most gamers (until they found out it was Korea only).
I've heard of it, it just slipped out of my mind.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
I know of their popularity (and Sakurai's apparent liking for Lip), but I still feel as if retro characters' chances aren't determined as explicitly as others.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's in your heart.

Next to Mach Rider.
Where would Ridley be then? :troll:

@Omega:

"Not Bad?" That's all you have to say about it!? :p

D

Deleted member

Just thought of something.

If Majora's Mask gets a re-release on the 3DS, Tingle's chances will go up slightly since he appeared on that game. So not only would Young Link be more likely to return, but so would Tingle as the Zelda newcomer (if any).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just thought of something.

If Majora's Mask gets a re-release on the 3DS, Tingle's chances will go up slightly since he appeared on that game. So not only would Young Link be more likely to return, but so would Tingle as the Zelda newcomer (if any).
Maybe, but I'd think that by the time the game would come out the roster would already have been decided so I don't think it would matter too much.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I doubt Toon Link would be replaced with Young Link. Again, Toon Link's AESTHETIC differentiates himself from the other Link. Provides more.. atmosphere? That kind of diversity is important to OVERALL ROSTER HEALTH. 'COURSE, Toon Link could possibly be cut, but let's ignore that.

In my opinion, at least.

Is no one wondering if Tingle will be in Skyward Sword? :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I doubt Toon Link would be replaced with Young Link. Again, Toon Link's AESTHETIC differentiates himself from the other Link. Provides more.. atmosphere? That kind of diversity is important to OVERALL ROSTER HEALTH.

In my opinion, at least.

Agreed, Toon Link definetly has more going for him, Y.Link isn't simply getting in because he is relevant, only "if" we get a Majora's Mask, but I doubt it.

D

Deleted member

Didn't you say that earlier, saying that Toon Link's chances are at high risk because of it?
Yes I did. I think Toon Link is more of a coin flip then people think. One side being Toon Link, one side being Young Link.
Maybe, but I'd think that by the time the game would come out the roster would already have been decided so I don't think it would matter too much.
I think the fact that game would have been announced in the first place would mean something, but that's just me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't think Young Link has a prayer of ever coming back, regardless of whether we ever got Majora's Mask 3DS or not...

Unless Smash 4 pulls an MK: Armagedddon on us.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Weight Class: Light Weight
Speed: Very Fast

(A) Combo (hold (A) down):
Mienshao will start whipping everywhere. Compare to Meta Knight's.

(A) Normal:

run: He'll double kick foward as he runs.
>: He'll whip sideways hard
v: He'll kick the enemy's legs.
^: He'll jab both paws upwards.

(A) Smash:

>: He'll charge up, then jab both of his paws foward, like a punch-push.
^: He'll charge up, then do a hand stand and kick upwards.
v: He'll charge up, then do a spin with his fur whips hitting leg level.

Taunts:

^: He'll do a double flip in the air, and then stretch his arms out.
>: He'll bring his head foward and scratch his ear, while growling a bit.
v: He'll kick up some dust, and then make a loud cry.

(B) Moveset:

(B): Fake Out
Mienshao will target a character and hit them quickly. If they are near, they will recieve knockback. Otherwise they don't. The opponent will take 15% damage off this move. If used twice in a row, it will only go straight foward.
(B)v: Meditate
He'll focus his mind. Any projectile that hits Mienshao in this stage will be absorbed. When three charges are set, He can unleash a powerful, almost OHKO move.
(B)^: Aerial Ace
He'll Dart to wherever the anolog stick is pressed to.
(B)>: U-Turn
He'll Attack straight foward. If he hits someone, he quickly backs up. GOes 4 character spaces foward of eyesight.

FS: Regenerator
The music will change into Pokemon Center, and his HP will increase throughout the FS. Damage healed per second: 10. He is also flinch and knockbackless in this mode.

HE'LL PRODUCE MORE (my bud Shedrock and I made this :D)
PS: Didn't want 2 deprive u of this one.

OmegaXXII

@Omega
I know of their popularity (and Sakurai's apparent liking for Lip), but I still feel as if retro characters' chances aren't determined as explicitly as others.
To be honest, it all depends whether Sakurai finds a retro character appealing or not, for all we know he could have went with Lip or Mach Rider in Melee, yet he didn't, it just depends what he finds fitting.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yes I did. I think Toon Link is more of a coin flip then people think. One side being Toon Link, one side being Young Link.I think the fact that game would have been announced in the first place would mean something, but that's just me.
Coin flip in what way? Toon Link ultimately still has more games and represents Zelda differently than Young Link's one time spotlight due to a recent game. If anything, Sheik represents Ocarina of Time, which in turn represents Majora's Mask being a direct sequel.

To be honest, it all depends whether Sakurai finds a retro character appealing or not, for all we know he could have went with Lip or Mach Rider in Melee, yet he didn't, it just depends what he finds fitting.
That's what I mean by their chances being determined differently than others. Hopefully we get all three mentioned, or maybe more but that's only in a perfect world.

OmegaXXII

I don't think Young Link has a prayer of ever coming back, regardless of whether we ever got Majora's Mask 3DS or not...

Agreed, it's all just appearance anyway, and it's just a remake, it's not like it's an entirely new game, Toon Link has more establishment than Y.Link could ever have, it's all in matter of preferance and bias.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I just wish Melee was already online so that I don't have to limit playing Y.Link against lvl 9s and my bro without having to go out and finding people. Plus they could fix the balancing so that Fox won't be so overpowered and Kirby could actually stand a chance.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmm, let’s see… we have six characters who were rumored to be planned to be in SSB but they didn’t show up…

Bowser – planned to be in SSB, playable in Melee and Brawl
Mewtwo – planned to be in SSB, playable in Melee and would have been playable in Brawl
King Dedede – planned to be in SSB, playable in Brawl
Peach – RUMORED to be planned to be in SSB, playable in Melee and Brawl
Pit – RUMORED to be planned to be in SSB, playable in Brawl
Meowth – RUMORED to be planned to be in SSB, not playable yet so far

5 out of 6 planned characters are playable… this couldn’t be a coincidence. It is possible Sakurai could be saving the characters he considered in one game for a future sequel.

And Smashchu, why do you always speak for everyone? You cannot say things like “nobody wants Meowth but you” because that’s not true. There are plenty of fans who would like to see Meowth playable in Smash. If you don’t want Meowth, just say so but it bothers me when you try to speak for everyone and say that no one wants to play as Meowth in Smash like it is the gospel.

I don’t know about the others but I would like to be able to play as Meowth in at least one Smash game. If Meowth doesn’t come back in SSB5 or any of the future games – that’s fine because at least I have SSB4 where I can play as Meowth. Just one playable appearance in a Smash game is all I am asking.

OmegaXXII

Yup, I see that lol... Melee Online would be boss, I'm hoping the Wii-U will have one day just like they did with MvC2

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Everyone loves my sig. That's the real gospel.

I'm really hoping Sakurai will go crazy with the roster (like a roster of 60-65) but lol that would have never happen... :urg:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I doubt Toon Link would be replaced with Young Link. Again, Toon Link's AESTHETIC differentiates himself from the other Link. Provides more.. atmosphere? That kind of diversity is important to OVERALL ROSTER HEALTH. 'COURSE, Toon Link could possibly be cut, but let's ignore that.

In my opinion, at least.

One can only dream!! :bee: Tingle is one of my favorite Zelda characters.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
We have to wait for SSB5 (IF that happens) for the roster to be redonkulous

If Melee does happen online, I hope the balancing will be fixed (unlike MvC2). Just simple nerfs on Fox, and buffs on Kirby etc.

Tingle will be SS. He's gonna charge 9001 rupees for you to progress in the game lol

OmegaXXII

@king It was a joke -_- fail on u. Nah, obviously Mario's back. Lucario's probably gone tho :(
Yeah, well in Brawl, this is whatI'm expecting

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Bowser Jr.
Pikachi
Victini
Meowth
Mewtwo
PokemonTrainer
Link
Toon Link
Zelda/sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim**/Tingle
Marth
Chrome/Roy**
Samus/Zero Suit
Ridley
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Donkey Kong
K.Rool
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Ness
Lucas/Masked Man**
Mr.Game & Watch
ROB
Duck Hunt Dog/Lip
Wario
Yoshi
Little Mac
Saki
Shulk
Pit
Medusa/Palutena
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King DDD
Ice Climbers
Megaman/Slime**
Snake
Sonic

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
New idea that adds on to my Pichu idea. Instead of Pichu appearing from the standard Poke Ball, he should appear in a "GS Ball" styled Poke Ball colored gold and silver. Like the Assist Trophy, it only appears once at a time.

What do you think?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I just assume both will get in.

Mewtwo, lucario, zoroark will be in.
Ridley will most definitely be in.
Toad will be in it.
Online will have more modes....ya know. That allow us to do 1 on 1s with random peeps~

Thats just. like, gut feeling stuff though ya know? =p

Not so sure about DLC, but that would totally be awesome.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Here is mah first crack at making a roster for Sm4sh: Feel free to make suggestions!

Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad

HM: Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Doc, Geno?

Legend of Zelda
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Link

HM: Ghirahim, Tingle?

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Victini
Pokemon Trainer- (Red- Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario

HM: Genesect, Zoroark, Deoxys, 2nd or 3rd gen PT

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

HM: Dixie Kong

Yoshi
Yoshi

Wario
Wario

HM: Captain Syrup

Paper Mario
Paper Mario

Metroid
Samus/Zamus
Ridley

HM: Metroid Prime after Metroid Prime :)

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy or Chrome- (or possibly both)

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

HM: Krystal, Slippy :troll:

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

HM: Samurai Goroh

Golden Sun
Isaac

HM: Matthew

Sin and Punishment
Saki

HM: Isa Jo (Who the hell is this dude lol)

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena and/or Medusa- (both have a decent chance, maybe both?)

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas

Punch-Out!!!
Little Mac

Retro
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B
Takamaru

HM: Duck Hunt Dog, Sheriff, Mach Rider

Third-party
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man

HM: Tails or Robotnik, Ryu, Pac-Man, Slime, Layton

Comments and concerns would be greatly appreciated! :)

BTW, HM means Honorable Mention, a character that I personally don't expect but still have decent enough chances to be considered.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Metal Overlord

Not bad, although for now I really only disagree with the Mario characters, also I only counted 47 slots, does that mean that the 48th will be a random slot?

If not, I'd add both Palutena and Medusa as I doubt we'll only get one of them.

Oh well, once I get some time later tonight hopefully I'll have a chance to post my new roster. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom