• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, let's ask this:

Which Kid Icarus character would you prefer the most?

Who do you expect to see as newcomers in a possible E3 2012?

If no characters were and all the veterans returned and you could choose 6 newcomers, who would they be?

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wager $100 USD that Samurai Goroh will be playable in the next game.
Even though he is not an exciting choice for me I agree with this very much. Maybe it is just me, but I get the impression Sakurai keeps coming back to this character? Between the Melee intro and his Assist Trophy status in Brawl. Again, might just be me.

Also, what I hate are all the deep red fonts on this board. Too difficult to read on a smartphone with light reflecting off.

OmegaXXII

Nope, it seems Goroh is likely to return, even though NO F-Zero game has been out, it's a bummer, I wonder if the new F-Zero stage would come from GX?? (again)

Fixed color for ya. :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF

Sorry, but if you want to find announcements try looking through the winter month news records on Serebii. Also did you see that link I posted? It gave a few more hints at RS remakes.

Gotta test in class today, later and wish me luck. ;)

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Samurai Goroh would be cool i guess, tho there are a thousand other
characters I feel would be better taking the roster spot.

Hope they make an F-Zero game for the wii-U

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Reds my favorite color but a lot of people use that color so I leave mine at default haha
F Zero with the wheel they have for Mario Kart would be fun. Who wouldnt love racing to Big Blue music? :D

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
See what I mean?

SSE missed: Implementing Nintendo only characters. Instead, they threw in mostly random made up ones no one likes. Almost none of the SSB enemies were appealing to me.

On top of that, it was too long for a storyline that wasn't good in the first place. Which is what it really comes down to. They could have set this in a Nintendo universe, and could have had a lot of fan service, but nope. They set it in a generic world, with a generic storyline I made up when I was like twelve. (I was really into this Capcom vs. ideas
This may seem weird, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they did the right thing.

The problem with doing something like a large story mode is making everything that is totally different work together and not feel stupid. They could have combined all the worlds, but how would that have worked? It's going to seem ******** and there will not be any consensus. It could have just been a big mess.

Sakurai kind of got around the problem of making a missmash that only fanboys would care about by using the trophy stick. He said "All these characters are trophies that fight," and forgot about it. There was never a rhyme or reason so it all worked out pretty well. The problem is when trying to make a large story mode, how would the entire world come together. Sakurai went for something simple. Something large would have been silly like the characters traveling though worlds a la Kindgom hearts or all the game worlds run into each other. Either way, you will never get anything great though that and, again, only the diehard fans will think it's good and not some fan fic (which people still thing the SSE feels like).

Usually when it comes to Nintendo content, almost everyone agree that the enemies were the major problem. You would have not run into problems using enemies from different games. There are other problems people claim too. Of course, in the same vein, some people like it.

Well my point was not really to discuss whether unlockables are a good system in general. Just saying that perhaps rearranging which characters were selectable from the start might have kept the rapid deflation that happened with Brawl. For instance, Lucas as the unlockable versus Ness. Having King DDD as a hidden character. Just a couple of little things to have spread it out a little better, and am not saying that we should have had all the newcomers be unlockable.

It is a lot easier to deal with a "information blackout" when it is a week before release versus a year. Usually I will follow a game up until the first several weeks of release. So as to preserve the excitement of discovering things on my own. Tis me.
What I said earlier (well, one of the things I guess. I say a lot of things) was that the info coming out of the Dojo was pretty tame up until after the Japanese release. They would have shown all those characters anyway. The Japanese release spoiled more.

As for unlockables, Brawl did it right. It's better to have more of the newer characters upfront as those are who everyone wants to play with. Either way, the surprise things wears off. Keeping people in the dark more would not have made it somehow magically better.

Also, not sure where everyone got this whole information overload was somehow a bad thing. Most of the responses were positive and I knew many people who were sad to see it gone and many still who would do it again. "The hype died," is a load of bull. I can still remember going to 4chan and seeing lots of people starting up rooms for Smash. Most people were focused on playing the game after release, and this lasted a long time. There are still places where you can start up a SSBB game without too much trouble (almost 3 years after. Most games would kill for a few months after).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of thw Wii U, I had a thought about it. What if we used that new Wii U controllar and their was a 1st person option for SSB4? What do you guys think if you could toggle 1st and 3rd person for SSB4? You could look around with that controller...

D

Deleted member

Even though he is not an exciting choice for me I agree with this very much. Maybe it is just me, but I get the impression Sakurai keeps coming back to this character? Between the Melee intro and his Assist Trophy status in Brawl. Again, might just be me.
A similar case can be applied for Ridley, who has been referenced in every Smash game. It is for this (and many other) reason why I think Ridley will be in SSB4 and one of the very few newcomers I expect.

@---: I've already done that and based off my findings, there seems to be a pattern going since movie 10 with an announcement on February. Following this, we should see the next announcement on February, 2012. Also, going to check out the hint.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Haha, that would be epic, no..better yet add Mach Rider as well, he and Falcon would make the ultimate team ya! :awesome:

That Mach/Degfrag Punch Oasis brought up should wombo combo into a Falcon Punch :awesome:

Speaking of thw Wii U, I had a thought about it. What if we used that new Wii U controllar and their was a 1st person option for SSB4? What do you guys think if you could toggle 1st and 3rd person for SSB4? You could look around with that controller...
Maybe for Adv Mode, but I dunno if it's that practical since you can already move around the camera.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth appeared in all three games, too. Pokeball in SSB and Brawl. Trophy in Melee that you can get if you cleared All-Star with all 25 characters and it was based on Meowth's Party which was based on the anime's Meowth. I also suspect Meowth wasn't a Pokeball assist in Melee was because it is possible Sakurai had considered Meowth as a playable character but didn't due to time constraints so we got Pichu instead.

Not only that but Meowth was the only returning Pokeball assist to be shown on the Brawl Dojo. It isn't even grouped with the other returning Pokeball assists in the Dojo. Just look a the Dojo, you see nothing but 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon and then there's Meowth, a 1st gen Pokemon. Sakurai even acknowledged that Meowth is a major Pokemon in the Meowth update and Meowth's Brawl trophy mentions that Meowth is a famous Pokemon. I know Meowth has a long shot of appearing as a playable character but it is entirely possible that Meowth could FINALLY be playable in SSB4 after over 10 years! I believe Meowth needs to be playable already.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
That's alotta "Meowth" in there lol

Gen2 is so neglected now :( I have a feeling SSB4 is gonna be raided with gen5 Pokeballs, leaving 2 and 3 for trophies and stage cameos. Actually stage cameos is nice...but too bad they won't be kicking any a**.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Meowth is known more for Team rocket than anything else, I see him as being a villain in the storyline. Or, if not WORKING for whoever is the villains in SM4SH SSE, a bad guy out for his own. Anti-hero of sorts

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Eh, true. But in this enviroment I could see Meowth as a neutural character. Give'm money, and he'll help kind of guy. The cartoon won't mix with the game, mind you. Maybe more than anti-hero, as well.

Maybe for Adv Mode, but I dunno if it's that practical since you can already move around the camera.
I believe it could be a revolution is Mr. Sakurai added 1st person. Think about it: Virtual Reality. Very minor of one, but still, I'd like to see Victini's 1st person view :awesome:

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Damaging Voices for Super Smash Bros. 4.

In Super Smash Bros. N64, the damaging voices for all the characters have been occured when they are hit, including knockback. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, the same thing happened like in Super Smash Bros. N64. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the damaging voices for all the characters, including Snake and Sonic, had came out too late(unless their in the air before falling down). As of right now, Super Smash Bros. 4(for Wii U & Nintendo 3DS) should have the following settings:

Every time the character got hit, the damage voice appears. Repeat: Every time the character got hit, the damage voice appears. Like this:

All the characters should have damaged voices(it will happen all the time).

Damaged voices from Dead or Alive 5.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDPRqtwGpTc&feature=player_detailpage

Damaged voices from Soul Calibur 4.

Every time the boss got hit, the damage voice appears. And I mean every time.

All the bosses should have damaged animations, including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks.

Every time the enemy got hit, the damage voice appears. And I mean every time.

All the enemies should have damaged animations, including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks.

Every time the assist trophy character got hit, the damage voice appears. And I mean every time.

All assist trophy characters should get hit by characters, have damaged voices, have damaged knockbacks(including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks), and have damaged animations(head, high body, medium body, low body, feet, foot).

Every time the Poké Ball Pokémon(Pocket Monsters) character got hit, the damage voice appears.

All Poké Ball Pokémon(Pocket Monsters) characters should get hit by characters, have damaged voices, have damaged knockbacks(including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks), and have damaged animations(head, high body, stomach, medium body, low body, feet, foot).

Every time the cameo character got hit, the damage voice appears.

All the cameo characters should get hit by characters, have damaged voices, have damaged knockbacks(including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks), and have damaged animations(head, high body, stomach, medium body, low body, feet, foot).

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
In regards to Isaac, if he does make it to playable status, I hope it's in his younger form, like in Brawl.

No disrespect, but how come everyone still wants Mach Rider playable? I thought the rumor surrounding him was proven false?

And here's another idea: Allowing an AT to use a Final Smash of their own... by getting a Smash Ball.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Meowth appeared in all three games, too. Pokeball in SSB and Brawl. Trophy in Melee that you can get if you cleared All-Star with all 25 characters and it was based on Meowth's Party which was based on the anime's Meowth. I also suspect Meowth wasn't a Pokeball assist in Melee was because it is possible Sakurai had considered Meowth as a playable character but didn't due to time constraints so we got Pichu instead.
Or he just did like he did for a lot of other trophies and added lots of Gamecube stuff (Luigi Vacuum, Pikmin trophies Ganondorf's sword). If Sakurai really considered Meowth, we would have seen him by now.

By the way, the clones were added because they thought the roster was too small. Had nothing to do with time constraints.

Not only that but Meowth was the only returning Pokeball assist to be shown on the Brawl Dojo. It isn't even grouped with the other returning Pokeball assists in the Dojo. Just look a the Dojo, you see nothing but 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon and then there's Meowth, a 1st gen Pokemon. Sakurai even acknowledged that Meowth is a major Pokemon in the Meowth update and Meowth's Brawl trophy mentions that Meowth is a famous Pokemon. I know Meowth has a long shot of appearing as a playable character but it is entirely possible that Meowth could FINALLY be playable in SSB4 after over 10 years! I believe Meowth needs to be playable already.
I don't have a problem with you liking these characters. I have a problem with you trying to claim they are the gospel and that they MUST be in. No one really cares about Meowth, especially in a series that has 5 characters and will likely get a 6th one come the next game. Nobody really wants these characters are you are the only one who sees them as important.

Every time the character got hit, the damage voice appears. Repeat: Every time the character got hit, the damage voice appears. Like this:

How about that will just be annoying and awful.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
[COLLAPSE="@Fobmescs"]
In Super Smash Bros. N64, the damaging voices for all the characters have been occured when they are hit, including knockback. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, the same thing happened like in Super Smash Bros. N64. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the damaging voices for all the characters, including Snake and Sonic, had came out too late(unless their in the air before falling down). As of right now, Super Smash Bros. 4(for Wii U & Nintendo 3DS) should have the following settings:

Damaged voices from Dead or Alive 5.

Damaged voices from Soul Calibur 4.

Every time the boss got hit, the damage voice appears. And I mean every time.

All the bosses should have damaged animations, including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks.

Every time the enemy got hit, the damage voice appears. And I mean every time.

All the enemies should have damaged animations, including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks.

Every time the assist trophy character got hit, the damage voice appears. And I mean every time.

All assist trophy characters should get hit by characters, have damaged voices, have damaged knockbacks(including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks), and have damaged animations(head, high body, medium body, low body, feet, foot).

Every time the Poké Ball Pokémon(Pocket Monsters) character got hit, the damage voice appears.

All Poké Ball Pokémon(Pocket Monsters) characters should get hit by characters, have damaged voices, have damaged knockbacks(including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks), and have damaged animations(head, high body, stomach, medium body, low body, feet, foot).

Every time the cameo character got hit, the damage voice appears.

All the cameo characters should get hit by characters, have damaged voices, have damaged knockbacks(including ultra low knockbacks, very low knockbacks, low knockbacks, middle knockbacks, high knockbacks, very high knockbacks, and ultra high knockbacks), and have damaged animations(head, high body, stomach, medium body, low body, feet, foot).
[/COLLAPSE]

I think the damaging voices are fine the way they are. I think it'd be a little overkill if someone shouted in pain... from a 1% hit.

I don't have a problem with you liking these characters. I have a problem with you trying to claim they are the gospel and that they MUST be in. No one really cares about Meowth, especially in a series that has 5 characters and will likely get a 6th one come the next game. Nobody really wants these characters are you are the only one who sees them as important.
Remember, Meowth was actually considered to be playable since the first Smash Bros. due to his rivalry with Pikachu.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Remember, Meowth was actually considered to be playable since the first Smash Bros. due to his rivalry with Pikachu.
No he wasn't. The only characters that were considered to be playable were Bowser, Mewtwo and King Dedede. This comes from Sakurai himself on the original Smash Brothers site. Beyond that, no one else was considered.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: I've already done that and based off my findings, there seems to be a pattern going since movie 10 with an announcement on February. Following this, we should see the next announcement on February, 2012. Also, going to check out the hint.
Hmm, well I guess this means there is still a chance for the remaining event Pokemon to get in, although I still have a feeling it'll be Keldeo seeing as how event Pokemon are done in Pokedex order.

Ex. Jirachi to Deoxys
Darkrai to Shaymin to Arceus
Victini to Keldeo? to Meloetta? to Genesect?

For the 1st two Gererations there was only 1 event Pokemon each, and Latias/Latios, Lucario, and Zoroark were preview Generation Pokemon so they don't count.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ridley
AND ZA MAKKU RAIDAA!
needs to be playable and everyone loves him.

OmegaXXII

I'd be fine with Meowth or Mewtwo replacing Jigglypuff. They're both cats; one just happens to be fused with a kangaroo. XD

This!!! I wouldn't mind f ajiggs got replaced by these 2 whatsoever at all, Mewtwo would be way more worth it than Jiggs I'm my opinion.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Exactly, it's just Oasis's crazy idea of him being playable, I mean.....it's not like he is very likely right? :awesome:
Isn't it romantic. One man's fervent support against all odds.

Perhaps my enthusiasm will explode into fragments, touching each and every one of your hearts. And together we shall reform in one loud voice, a voice like that of a douchebag on a ridiculously loud motorcycle driving by your house at 4 in the morning, TOGETHER WE WILL SHOUT "MACH RIDER FOR SM4SH!"

@Omega before he edited his post like a not-strong person: Oasis_Silky???

OmegaXXII

You silly goose, trying to convince errbody!! NO, Oasis_Ridley!!

He would be nice in theory though but let's face it, I prefer Duck Hunt Dog instead. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom