• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Even so, if Sonic wasn't faved as Mario's rival, he wouldn't b in there. The games for the Wii of Sonic at the time of release were... bad.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, it drowns, I would like to
see Megaman this time around, however, his demand pales in cparison and isn't as much as Sonic's was, although the the most requested/demanded character besides Ridley.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

And at that note, I really doubt SEGA would care if Nintendo wanted Sonic back. I'll elaborate on this later, I gotta go soon...

Yeah, I have that feeling as well, but some elaboration would be nice, I will add my own as well, as for Snake well....If Kojima wants him in again then I doubt Sakurai would care if he got a slot, however if it became solely Sakurai's idea then we might get him replaced by either another 3rd party character or no character at all.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Does anyone else want another F-Zero rep like Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow? I feel like we need someone besides Captain Falcon to represent F-Zero.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else want another F-Zero rep like Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow? I feel like we need someone besides Captain Falcon to represent F-Zero.
I personally don't care if we get a second F-zero rep or not. But I'm fine with Captain Falcon

OmegaXXII

Well, Goroh and Black Shadow are nice choices, even though I prefer Black Shadow it seems Samurai Goroh is more likely to appear, but in the end I really wouldn't care who got in, just as long as we get a 2nd F-Zero rep would be all I need.

OmegaXXII

Indeed he would, though I wonder, would he be different from Takamaru?seems they would play kinda similar since they both weild katana's and such.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bummer I missed Toise. :p

It's always fun around here when he posts.

Anyway, another F-Zero rep, sure I'd be fine with either SG or BS but I severely doubt either one of them.

Especially since the series relevance and popularity were shaky during Brawl. Heck back when GX was still relevant during Brawl's development, it didn't get another rep then. So it probably shouldn't get one now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd be perfectly fine with Capt. Falcon. After all, ya can't go wrong with a popular guy like him. Good moveset on the guy, that's what I have to say. In otherwords, I hope they don't toy with his moveset for SSB4. As for Gannondorf...

D

Deleted member

@---: A few page back, I posted when the Pokemons movie were announced. Are they correct?

And yeah, I have my doubts about a second F-Zero rep.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Bummer I missed Toise. :p

It's always fun around here when he posts.
Anything to get away from what I'm working on right now.

Here's a general Toise Statement of Brusqueness: there are too many people with orange text and Victini signatures. Those are the people I don't like.

I wager $100 USD that Samurai Goroh will be playable in the next game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
He will? Interesting even though relevence seems to somewhat be an issue, not that it matters much but still...

If ur talking about Genesect, then yes, I can guarantee it. Keldeo will have his movie with the three mucketeers. I heard rumors already about that issue, but rumors are rumors. But it looks promising.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: A few page back, I posted when the Pokemons movie were announced. Are they correct?

And yeah, I have my doubts about a second F-Zero rep.

Give me a few minutes I'll have to find them first.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Rise of Deoxys: December 4th, 2003
Pokemon Ranger & The Temple of the Sea: December 7th, 2005
The Rise of Darkrai: February 13th, 2007
Giratina and the Sky Warrior: February 15th, 2008
Arceus and The Jewel of Life: February 11th, 2009
Zoroark and the Master of Illusion: February 7th, 2010
Pokemon the Movie White: Victini and Zekrom and Zekrom in Black: February 15th, 2011
If you're talking about the U.S releases then yes for the most part those are correct although a few are a few weeks off.

I'm not sure about the Victini movie though as I haven't heard anything other then it's going to be in theaters. But February sounds right for a DVD release.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF

I found my dates on Bulbapedia, and from what I remember they are correct. So I think thats a better place to look then Serebii seeing as it handles dates for all regions.

Also you may want to look at the Trivia section of this page on Bulbapedia, as it does confirm another movie is planned up until 2016, plus other major hints if you look carefully...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Weight Class: Middle
Speed: Pretty Fast

(A): He slashes with one claw, then he claws with the other, the he sets his Blaster to the ground and blasts it quickly.

Normal
(A)>: He jabs the opponent with both claws foward
(A)v: He jabs the opponent with both claws downwards
(A)^: He takes both claws and throws them straight up

Smash
(A)>: He charges his Blaster, then fires it straight in front of him. Slow recovery afterwards.
(A)v: He spins himself with his claws from his feet for the attack. Similar to Mario's (A)v.
(A)^: He charges his Blaster, then fires it in the air.
(The Blaster isn't a laser in this case.)

Grab:
Beat Up: He stabs the grabbed opponent. Not slow, but not very fast.
Throw>: He stab-pushes them (Ow).
Throw^: He uppercuts the opponent with the stabbing claw.
Throw v: He throws the opponent down and kicks them. Goes > instead of v.
Throw<: He turns around with them and slash-pushes them.

Taunt:
>: His Blaster makes machine noises and glows as he sharpens his claws.
v: He crosses his arms and shakes his head slowly.
^: He slashes quickly, proving his agility and accuracy, and then his eyes glow.

Moveset:
(B): Techno Buster:
Genesect will charge his Blaster with the inserted Drive, then fires it. The damage depends on the drive, which I'll explain next.
(B)v: Drive Swap:
Genesect changes Drives, making his Techno Buster move work in different ways. The Shock Drive makes the blast fire quickly and do electric damage. The Burn Drive Makes it able to charge, then fire. Like Samus's (B) move, but has fire-damage. The Chill Drive takes time to charge, but a fully charged blast can freeze the opponent while doing damage. The Douse Drive can be charged, then fired. Like Squirtle's (B) move, but longer range and straighter shot. The drives take 4 seconds to swap.
(B)>: Simple Beam:
Genesect fires a quick shot of light at the opponent, making them dizzy. Compare to Mewtwo's (B)v, but better and faster. Hits 3 character spaces away.
(B)^: Magnet Rise:
Genesect will do a triple jump with magnetism. When someone is near him, they will take knockback damage.

FS: Download
Genesect will study all fighters, then be prepared for anything. His attacks are strengthen, and his HP will be full.

What do you guys think?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Hm, 4 seconds to change drives seems a bit too much time for a fighting game like Smash, but I think Jiggs Rest is about 4 so I can see it happening after every KO
Not sure about the FS other than the healing, how would the studying work?
Whats up with Legendary Pokemon looking more robotic these days :p

@Omega
What about MM?

OmegaXXII

Hey, I found it very interesting, especially his final smash?! :bee:

It seems he become invincible? Or just regain life plus major buff? I like that forward special, would it be like Hyper Beam?

D

Deleted member

@---: I'm talking about when the movies were announced, not released, but if it is movies announced, then it makes sense.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Reading the first few moves, I thought, this could be a ROB clone..

A four second drive swap doesn't work. If you balance the 4 versions of the projectile against eachother, there's no incentive to spend such a massive amount of time (isn't four seconds like two gannon uptilts?) swapping them rather than just using the best one, all the time.

As soon as I read the move I was thinking it needs to be one frame..

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hm, 4 seconds to change drives seems a bit too much time for a fighting game like Smash, but I think Jiggs Rest is about 4 so I can see it happening after every KO
Not sure about the FS other than the healing, how would the studying work?
Whats up with Legendary Pokemon looking more robotic these days :p
I think 4 secs was long too. I think 3 or 2 is better. and this is his Pokedex info (for ur robotic question). Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma. This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back. This answers just for Genesect.

As for the FS, the studying was just what would be how he gets the power. Like a cutscene. He'll look around, then his eyes would glow, then he'll cross his arms like an X and the slash. Until He falls, he'll have a purple glow around his body. As an FS, it's pretty well fitted, because Peach can heal up after her's too. Everyone falls asleep in hers as well, which, in some cases, can be an auto kill. As for the healing with Genesect, I didn't label it (my bad) and he heals 1/2 of what he has, unless it's below 50%.

EDIT: Drive change should be a 2 sec deal.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, that 4 second charge seems like valuable time wasted, wouldn't find it appealing since you would literally have to do this move far away from the opponent in order to avoid a potential punishing move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom