• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay, I see that it should be reduced, good point, as for the healing, yeah it's good but isn't there another FS he could use? Any paticular "special" that powerful and unique to him? I was thinking cannons and such.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay, I see that it should be reduced, good point, as for the healing, yeah it's good but isn't there another FS he could use? Any paticular "special" that powerful and unique to him? I was thinking cannons and such.

I chose Download because only Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z can have this ability. Genesect is the only other pkmn with the ability.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No Hyper Beam way stronger, he said its like Mewtwos Disable
I perfer to avoid Hyper Beam because it requires charge afterwards in Pokemon. I don't want to mess with the move on SSB4. Plus if Mewtwo isn't on there, then Genesect would be great with the move. Plus it doesn't have an FS feel to it. But if it's a different FS, then how about this?
FS: Final Blast
Genesect points his Blaster straight foward, then fires a massive beam going straight through the opponent. Anyone hit will be automatically KOed, like Zelda's FS. But it will be able to point Horizontal upwards as well to take out sky enemies.

D

Deleted member

@y.toonlink: By unique, I mean one that is not a clone of another characters and set itself apart from it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@king I'm not saying there is no chance for Mewtwo -_- But if is the big thing. Genesect isn't looking promising yet, but we'll wait and see what his movie's like.

D

Deleted member

Genesect's chances literally hinges on if it gets a movie in 2012. Otherwise, I can guarantee you it will not get in.

And y.toonlink, I already gave you an answer on this thread.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Psystrike, automatically.
Mewtwo FS: Psystrike
He fires a giant wave of psychic particles at the opponents. Almost impossible to dodge. Mix of Mario and Pit's FS.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Sorry, this iTouch gets really laggy.
Why would levitate be removed?

Aw, Download looked interesting :(

@SSBFan
I think everyone overreacts to clones too much in this thread.
Anyway, I see what your getting at but I dont like that you think Toon Link is gonna get cut :(

OmegaXXII

Meh...why do people want clones so much? at least luigify them, not have them like they were in Melee. :/

I'd rather see an original character though.

D

Deleted member

I don't think anyone is a highly likely cut at this point. Lucario and Toon Link are at a major risk of getting cut, but even they have enough to return for SSB4.

OmegaXXII

That's Psystrike, lol. And Electro Ball is a normal move, but Mewtwo can't learn it. The fast u r, the more damage it does.
Yeah, but at the event it got announced that he could, I wonder if Sakurai would modify his moveset by alot, obviously with a FS.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
The most action Pokemon get with moves are sprites or some random different way used in the manga and anime lol esp the manga

Ive stated that Im not rooting for more clones or anything, but just that Smash is fighting game thats really simplified which is why everyone is similiar. Clones are just exaggerated with the attacks looking similar and having similiar Specials. Besides, Brawl has them Luigified but people still complain.
How is Toon Link at high risk tho? Because of Ghirahim? Toon Link represents the cel shaded, cartoony series of Zelda, whereas Ghirihim is a one time character. Sheik is probably going to be the only exception to this because of her vet status.
If characters are going to be cut because theyre still cloney then Luigi would have been gone long ago

D

Deleted member

Toon Link is at major risk due to the possibility of Young Link returns. If Majora's Mask gets a 3DS remake soon and no new Toon games are announced, I do think Young Link will come back in Toon Link's place.

OmegaXXII

But relevance isn't everything, Toon Link has had many staples as whereas Y.Link has only had a remake, it isn't necessarly a point of inclusion that it would be "guraanteed" I'm aware that relevance does help, but it isn't everything.

Also, only "if" Majora's mask get announced, otherwise I see Toon Link returning.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
So its a matter of relevance? Has there been any word of a Majoras Mask remake other than rumors?
Either way, TL still has more games and 2 sequels after WW
I wouldnt call it high risk either. Maybe a possibility if Sakurai really does care about clones and makes Mask moveset, which Im not opposed to

OmegaXXII

So its a matter of relevance? Has there been any word of a Majoras Mask remake other than rumors?
Either way, TL still has more games and 2 sequels after WW
Exactly, just because a said character has a new game out doesn't mean they are more likely, possible? Yes.

By that logic we would be getting Matthew over Issac, Ghirahim over Tingle, Chrome over Roy, it just isn't what always decides if a said character gets in or not.

OmegaXXII

Arent Matthew and Issac the same though? Theyre in the same situatuin as Isa and Saki
Well, by the speculation going around in this thread, I have gathered that they are similar indeed, but people prefer Isaac since he's more iconic to the Golden Sun series, Matthew is just his father in a sequal that is relevant as of now, but it seems Isaac is still more popular than him.

OmegaXXII

I thought Isaac was the father? Matthew will show up somehow if Isaac gets in anyway.
Nope, Matthew is the father of Issac, have you even seen their artwork
lol..? Isaac looks younger as well, as for Matthew showing up, he probably won't show up as a playable character "if" Issac gets in, however I think we might see him as a sticker, trophy, or possibly as am AT.

I just want an AT Liquid Snake is all! :3

OmegaXXII

Well, regardless, it's Issac who will be getting in anyway, Matthew has a chance but not as much, I'm guessing his style will be sword/bare-hand based? I've never played the series so.....

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well there was artwork of Isaac as an adult, unless that was Matthew. Im seeing a costume as Matthew tho :D

He'll be using the push force. derp get it. But yea, another sword fighter. And I like swords so I dont mind, but Palutena using her staff would show some diversity

OmegaXXII

Well there was artwork of Isaac as an adult, unless that was Matthew. Im seeing a costume as Matthew tho :D

He'll be using the push force. derp get it. But yea, another sword fighter. And I like swords so I dont mind, but Palutena using her staff would show some diversity
I'm guessing he'll use a sword, as long as it's diverse of course.

As for Palutena, I imagine she would have her staff, maybe even a heal ability? I also imagine she'll have lighting strike since she is a goddess after all, I guess a projectile that she would throw would be implemented? You know like her brace or something acting as a boomerang like Link's.

Medusa would be lots of fun as well, using her hair and such. :awesome:

@Oasis_Ridley: Wrong about what? I admitted Isaac isn't the son? If that's what you are referring to??

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I dunno about a lightning strike but I know what you mean. Palutenas more unpredictable as of now until Uprising shows what shes. If she ends up NPC then Sakurais gonna give her some creative Specials. Its his character after all (in Uprising). I think the original creator for KI was the creator of Metroid (dont know the name) so he might have some input.
Her standards Im sure should be using her staff
Medusas sure to have some Orochimaru snake attacks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom