• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where did it say they shot down such a rumor?

According to THIS Nintendo commented and said "No comment" which means it may or may not be true, it's not deconfirmation, just an evasive response.

:phone:
No, the source shot down thing was false, I already know that

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
There will be separate teams, so not really.

Come to think of it, wouldn't the usual versus mode just be plain silly on the 3DS version? Y'know, you wouldn't be able to have four players normally (and I imagine local or download play would have its own THING...) so I wonder how that would work out. I know there's computers, buuut...

I suppose local wireless could be on standby during that...? All solo modes better have local/online co-op. >:I

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
some real shiit actually happened...
http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/A-rumored-surprise-coming-to-the-3DS

there are talks that 3DS will get a redesign and will have a second analog stick... bonus for those that use C-Sticking!!
I highly doubt such a redesign will ever come to fruition. It'd be cool for a successor, but by adding a second stick, you're essentially making some games unplayable on the first 3DS design.

Adding a second analog stick would just be financial suicide to those who already bought a 3DS, like myself.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

Come to think of it, wouldn't the usual versus mode just be plain silly on the 3DS version? Y'know, you wouldn't be able to have four players normally (and I imagine local or download play would have its own THING...) so I wonder how that would work out. I know there's computers, buuut...

I suppose local wireless could be on standby during that...? All solo modes better have local/online co-op. >:I
I always thought that the 3DS version would be the same game, but just support Single Player modes (and possibly customize characters), but it's from IGN and I dunno if it's a lot of people or just some but IGN isn't favorable around here I think.

The name I liked was Arena for Wii U and Tours for 3DS. Showdown does have a nice right to it, and I think Royale does too but I don't think that sounds right with Battle...

The redesign I don't think is really necessary, 3DS hasn't been out that long and there could be touch screen use for more buttons or slide pad

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet

Yeah I wonder what differences therell be between the versions

Can't imagine the 3DS version will be better than SSBU

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's not that they'll want to make it better, it's just going to offer something different.

Wii U version will have a multi-player focus, while the 3DS version will have a single-player focus.

Life

Smash Hero
None of it is true. A second joystick would be giving a massive finger to 3DS early adopters (the ones they already compensated for when they did the price drop), and you don't fire your executives over a couple bad quarters.

That post doesn't deserve attention IMO.

Wow. This thread has less love.

I'm suggesting that there should be a virtual smash stick on the touch screen

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
It's not that they'll want to make it better, it's just going to offer something different.

Wii U version will have a multi-player focus, while the 3DS version will have a single-player focus.
They should not sacrifice anything in the process though

I was thinking, maybe they'd make the 3DS exclusive characters from handhelds. Layton for example though he's probably farfetched. After PW being in UMvC3 who knows :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should not sacrifice anything in the process though

I was thinking, maybe they'd make the 3DS exclusive characters from handhelds. Layton for example though he's probably farfetched. After PW being in UMvC3 who knows :p
Why wouldn't layton be on the wii-u version? Wii-U is going to be the "Main" version

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
He's only ever been on a handheld. Though I can't imagine them going to the trouble of making a Layton moveset then keeping it only on one version due to how hard it would be, that was just an example :p

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I don't think you realize how bad the quarter was (actually, the last two).
Considering that other Japanese game devs have net losses, while Nintendo is still profiting, I'd say it wasn't that bad. Sure, it's the worst in their history, but they have a massively successful history. Even this is better than average, given recent circumstances in Japan.

It's like saying a guy is a weakling because they can only do 500 consecutive pushups instead of the usual 5000.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Considering that other Japanese game devs have net losses, while Nintendo is still profiting, I'd say it wasn't that bad. Sure, it's the worst in their history, but they have a massively successful history. Even this is better than average, given recent circumstances in Japan.

It's like saying a guy is a weakling because they can only do 500 consecutive pushups instead of the usual 5000.
Well, even you said it yourself. This is the worst in their history. Some extra numbers.

Nintendo dropped their earnings forecast by 82%
Nintendo's stock dropped after the earnings announcement. It has fallen since Feb of 2011 from about 25,000 yen to less than 15,000.
Nintendo only managed to sell 710,000 system worldwide in the system's second quarter. With the ~3.6 million, it has only sold about 4.31 million worldwide. This is with no competition and it the system's first year.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well there are two buttons based on the GC controller scheme. If anything, augusto is simply continuing this trend.

If we were going to take the Classic Controller into question, we'd end up with two shield buttons AND two grab button inputs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm just hoping for custom controls, as I don't like where the jump buttons are on that setup.

But that's just me, great work augusto. ;)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, even you said it yourself. This is the worst in their history. Some extra numbers.

Nintendo dropped their earnings forecast by 82%
Nintendo's stock dropped after the earnings announcement. It has fallen since Feb of 2011 from about 25,000 yen to less than 15,000.
Nintendo only managed to sell 710,000 system worldwide in the system's second quarter. With the ~3.6 million, it has only sold about 4.31 million worldwide. This is with no competition and it the system's first year.
Yeah, bad timing and everything, with two new systems. Hopefully the Japanese gaming industry as a whole can be reinvigorated in due time, but man Nintendo got hit hard. I bet once the Wii U gets rolling, once the 3DS sales strengthen, and once the 3DS gets "the title" like the DS did *coughPokémoncough*, then that will start getting the steam a rolling.

As for controls, a defend button, and a camera button? I didn't think we really needed either of those. One o the control pad or the control rub stick thing should be the thing to move, the other to operate smash attacks. Maybe make either L or R be a taunt, or maybe make it like the select button. (if there's no select button, I blame me for not having a 3DS... yet!!!!)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The 3DS has been out 6 months.

3 of those months were in the summer, which is gaming "Dry Season"...

The Winter/ Fall Holidays are coming up and with them, a plethora of games.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Why did the thread about the first portable installment of Smash Bros. turn into a thread about Nintendo's current "dark times"?

Oh, well. I'm curious about how this game is gonna be.
I mean, should we expect different rosters, items, stages etc. for the two games? It sounds exhausting[for the devs, I mean]!

Now that I'm here, I'd like to take a shot in the dark and guess Sakurai will use the AR of the 3DS to take pictures of the trophies in real life.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I heard of a rumor that Rare might be planning on making 3DS titles for Nintendo. If that's true, Banjo might get a playable spot in the 3DS version of Smash 4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would rather not have Banjo than him stuck on the 3DS version only

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is the more appropriate thread to be posting this information into. The second Circle Pad for the 3DS is now confirmed.

I don't know how this will benefit Super Smash Bros. 3DS...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be honest, I can't imagine them doing any better without it being unstable

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That mechanism looks like it's designed for lefty stylus users. But what are the odds that Smash 4 will use the touch screen during game play?!

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
That just looks like an attachment, and I can see it being used for leftys. I guess if someone wants to C Stick that bad they can get that, otherwise the touchscreen could be used.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Most likely that thing will be used for Kid Icarus uprising for Lefty people such as myself and for smash it'll probably be used as a C-stick with as others have said touch screen smash controls as a way for those without it to play. That or the touch screen will just be used as a map and hud for %'s and players without the second circle pad will need to play without an auto smash stick most likely the auto smash button being a combination of A+B or a trigger+something kinda like how the wiimote did 1+2 is a smash attack shortcut.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
that stupid
That Microsoft.

Microsoft bought up rare and now want to keep Banjo for themselves. Or atleast, that was their excuse for removing him from Diddy Kong Racing DS. He has, however, made atleast 2 Nintendo handheld appearances since the Microsoft buyout (Grunty's Revenge and Banjo Pilot, the latter having been intended as a DKR sequel with tilt controls) and Mr.Pants hasn't made a single appearance since unless you count "Fancypants Adventure DS", which if I'm correct is pretty much the same character.

Their official stance on the matter is that handheld consoles don't compete directly with the Xbox so Rare can do whatever they want on them.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Microsoft has no real policy against Nintendo handheld appearances for their characters because they have no handheld console. Although as of late, they've made handheld-like games on the 360 and on the PC more and more.

Honestly, I don't think Banjo or Concer will make a appearance though, given what happened with Diddy Kong Racing DS.

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
Will this custimizable (sorry for the spelling :p) character thing be equal (fox can either have a faster gun with leess damage or a strong gun with short distance) or you get your character as powerful as can be (an hour of play time with pink yoshi is way stronger than the brand new yellow yoshi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom