• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't think Banjo or Concer will make a appearance though, given what happened with Diddy Kong Racing DS.
Yeah, I doubt it too but there policy seems inconsistent. They have claimed that they want banjo to be an Xbox exclusive but let him have his own handheld games and he's appeared in all stars games aswell, albeit as an Xbox exclusive. In all honesty, it's doubtful but noone can say for sure.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
rare it got go back to nintendo company
Everyone in the company that worked on the wonderful games RARE released is gone

RARE isn't even the same company anymore

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
While I would like a Conker or Banjo appearance, even just as an assist trophy. The only reason I wouldn't want Banjo to appear would be because I would hate to see their current incarnations in smash. I hate how Banjo looks like a physically altered dog, even though he is a bear, and that look would be awful in smash. If they just modernized his old look to now (same proportions, modern graphics, shading, fur, etc) it would be totally awesome to have him.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
While I would like a Conker or Banjo appearance, even just as an assist trophy. The only reason I wouldn't want Banjo to appear would be because I would hate to see their current incarnations in smash. I hate how Banjo looks like a physically altered dog, even though he is a bear, and that look would be awful in smash. If they just modernized his old look to now (same proportions, modern graphics, shading, fur, etc) it would be totally awesome to have him.
No fur. Banjo should never have had fur!

Everyone in the company that worked on the wonderful games RARE released is gone
RARE isn't even the same company anymore
That explains the utter crap we get nowadays then.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Whats the point of having 2 games if there is nothing different between them? If they are the same, the Wii U version will be handicapped by the 3ds, and nintendo would lose buttloads of money. They have to be different.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
i don't think they COULD make them the same, 3ds is more focused on single player aspect while the the wiiu is more focused on the multiplayer
I quite disagree, bro. SSB has been #1 as a multiplayer experience for years. What would be different is definatly it's the 1st SSB game that's portable. That's the obvious, but another difference is what Mr. Sakurai said, which was connectivity with the Wii U. What's the connectivity for? I'm not sure, but I see a possible plot with his idea for RPG and moveset remixing with the connection idea.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I quite disagree, bro. SSB has been #1 as a multiplayer experience for years. What would be different is definatly it's the 1st SSB game that's portable. That's the obvious, but another difference is what Mr. Sakurai said, which was connectivity with the Wii U. What's the connectivity for? I'm not sure, but I see a possible plot with his idea for RPG and moveset remixing with the connection idea.
My thoughts exactly. I had just posted a theory as to what they may do with Smash 4 in the Wii U version thread. Perhaps it may give a bit of insight to theories of where the game will go in terms of direction.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I quite disagree, bro. SSB has been #1 as a multiplayer experience for years. What would be different is definitely it's the 1st SSB game that's portable. That's the obvious, but another difference is what Mr. Sakurai said, which was connectivity with the Wii U. What's the connectivity for? I'm not sure, but I see a possible plot with his idea for RPG and moveset remixing with the connection idea.
Ugghhhh. If Smash 4 becomes an RPG, it will ruin the competitive community.
There is no competitive RPG! Move remixing is bad enough. I just hope this whole
Wii-U connectivity doesn't make the game something else entirely from the old Smash bros.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ugghhhh. If Smash 4 becomes an RPG, it will ruin the competitive community.
There is no competitive RPG! Move remixing is bad enough. I just hope this whole
Wii-U connectivity doesn't make the game something else entirely from the old Smash bros.
Either you've never heard of Dissidia/Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, or you never gave the games a chance to really see that RPG-based fighters can be competitive.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to mention competitive Pokemon...

Anyway, I'm most interested to see how the fighting would be controlled on the 3DS...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Why do people worry and say "it will ruin the competative aspects"

please, just stop saying that, unless you are an elitist, Smash Bros will turn out to be just fine, hell Sakurai already showed interest in improving the hitboxes by looking at Ken's models, adding content like RPG and accessories isn't going to hurt the competative scene whatsoever, if it stays in adventure mode, why should it? Think outside the box, Smash isn't all about just competative play, if you think it is, go play Street Fighter, Smash is also suppose to appeal to the casuals as well (party game).

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
In relation to Sakurai's "build up your characters" comment, has anyone mentioned the portable Mario Golf (and first portable Mario Tennis) games?

While having an original character really defeats the purpose of Smash, I can see some influence being drawn (i would be very interested to see a pesudo RPG for Smash like the other games did).

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
I think that the character customization thing is either going to be way more in-depth and awesome than I think it's going to be, or really underwhelming and stupid.

Heck, I'd settle for a simple character outfit customizer thingy, like in Virtua Fighter 5 and Tekken 6.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think customization would help competitive community. Depending on how in depth the customization could be, we could see builds for characters, some making them competitive.

The downside though, is some characters could potentially end up being broken unless balances perfectly

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I think customization would help competitive community. Depending on how in depth the customization could be, we could see builds for characters, some making them competitive.

The downside though, is some characters could potentially end up being broken unless balances perfectly
That's the thing with character builds, a build for - say - Ganondorf, might be a great end all; be all option for most MUs and other characters builds, while some characters may have builds that can specifically and legitimately counter said Ganon build. In games where customization is possible, rarely is a specific build too powerful to be beaten by anything. So I believe this can be a good system to implement, especially if you can create more than one build for a character and switch between builds in between rounds, which will make things even more of a strategic fighter. If Dissidia can do it, and be legitimately competitive, there's no reason why Smash 4 couldn't accomplish this same thing.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
In relation to Sakurai's "build up your characters" comment, has anyone mentioned the portable Mario Golf (and first portable Mario Tennis) games?

While having an original character really defeats the purpose of Smash, I can see some influence being drawn (i would be very interested to see a pesudo RPG for Smash like the other games did).
Defeats to purpose of what? Being a crossover of Nintendo Fiction?

I mean other crossovers had original characters(Ruby Heart and Amigno, anyone?). I doubt one OC would stain the name of SSB(because the inclusion of 3rd Party Characters already did that).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Defeats to purpose of what? Being a crossover of Nintendo Fiction?

I mean other crossovers had original characters(Ruby Heart and Amigno, anyone?). I doubt one OC would stain the name of SSB(because the inclusion of 3rd Party Characters already did that).
Well, original characters wouldn't stain Smash Bros., and third parties never stained it themselves. As for my feelings on original characters, I wouldn't mind, if Nintendo knows what they're doing. I mean, Brawl does have - dare I say - Tabuu, and he wasn't all that bad, in my opinion (I personally prefer Master Hand myself, who's also SSB original). So there's no real reason why Nintendo can't have a Smash Bros.-original character in playable form. Whether they actually will put such a character or not makes no lick o' difference to me.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
If people can use their own customizable character in standard competitive play, why bother using any of the stock characters? Unless the customizable characters are just weak as ****.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If people can use their own customizable character in standard competitive play, why bother using any of the stock characters? Unless the customizable characters are just weak as ****.
Why would it matter if they used the standard characters?

Consider them "Default" builds Some of them may have the best build for that character, some of them may have the worst. It doesn't matter

It's like saying "Why use a pokemon I find in the wild when I can breed one better?"

Well, breeding one better takes a lot of time and commitment, and pokemon you find in the wild aren't meant for competitive play in the first place

Thino

Smash Master
it could easily develop 2 kind of competitive play if the community handles it well :

tournaments with stock characters
tournaments with levelled up characters

why not

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Tournaments could allow bottom tiers to use certain "customization" bonuses to make them more viable. Just sayin'. (this is from a competitive player, too)

Plus just like Thino said, we could just have a competitive scene for Smash 3DS with and without bonuses. There is no way there isn't an option to turn it off. I've suggested this ever since before Brawl came out, and I still think as an option it can't take anything away from the game, and can add a lot to it, including possibly the competitive scene. If it's not an option though, it would suck though.

Elite Cowdung

Smash Rookie
yeah this is just ********... you dont make handhelp fighting games... and you keep smash on the gamecube. also, melee sucks

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
yeah this is just ********... you dont make handhelp fighting games... and you keep smash on the gamecube. also, melee sucks
Probably never heard of Dissidia. If Dissidia can make a fighting game, with customizable charatcers, and retain a competitive environment, there's no reason why Smash 4 on the 3DS can't do the same.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i really hope they have a story mode in the handheld game, that perhaps can link up with subspace 2 in the wii u game

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
what the **** are you talking about? there are plenty of good handheld fighting games. and you say keep smash on the gamecube, but melee sucks? melee is the only smash on the gamecube...

edit: sorry for the double post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom