• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I wouldn't buy music unless it came with something else at no charge.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Music buyable... with Smash Coins? Sure, but not with credit card/cash. That's dumb. The same with Stages. Characters, on the otherhand is a little etchy... Dunno why, though. I feel as if buying Lucario with a Smash Card (Like the Wii Points card) is kinda cool. Think about it:

You optained Lucario!
*Shows Minitrailer*
Along with Lucario, you get...
Shiny Riolu Trophy!
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl VS Gym Leader (Remix)!
You get 500 Smash Coins!

So in general, buy a character, get a special trophy, a song, and 500 coins.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When you buy a character, it should say "New challenger approaching!"

Than you fight them.

If you loose the fight, you have to rebuy them for another chance

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

Than you fight them.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Music buyable... with Smash Coins? Sure, but not with credit card/cash. That's dumb. The same with Stages. Characters, on the otherhand is a little etchy... Dunno why, though. I feel as if buying Lucario with a Smash Card (Like the Wii Points card) is kinda cool. Think about it:

You optained Lucario!
*Shows Minitrailer*
Along with Lucario, you get...
Shiny Riolu Trophy!
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl VS Gym Leader (Remix)!
You get 500 Smash Coins!

So in general, buy a character, get a special trophy, a song, and 500 coins.
Thats a pretty good idea. Like a rewards system?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Than you fight them.

I friggen lul'd to death at this. I imagine having to unlock 3 DLC characters by fighting the, with Sakurai playing as each of them personally. I also see them being ridiculously broken.

Anyyyyy ways, I need to make this Super Smash Bros. 3DS thread the thread that I rule over, and you all obey my orders on. Agreed=??? (OF COURSE YOU DO!!!)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
This reminds me of my Replica Battle mode idea:

You fight a Polygon counterpart of your character with no specials but with the highest possible level of AI, created from an amalgamation of all the tournament data collected at some form of major prerelease event.
After defeating the last one, the challenger approaching screen would appear and "Master Polygon" would fight you on his own stage, "Replica World". Master Polygon would have the same style of AI as his minions but be able to morph into them at will. His moveset, however, would be made up of all the specials they lacked, with no regular moves at all. The battle could be triggered again by rebeating any of the "Replica" polygons but, since you can change character between the battles, you'd be a lot better off beating your favourite character, even if thy happened to have harder AI than the others.
Finally, upon victory, the Replica World would be unlocked for regular play (Master Polygon cannot be unlocked). This stage would be much like a subspace themed Final Destination, a glowy transparent platform with a dark swirling vortex background reminiscent of F-Zero GX's "Phantom Road" area that you really can lose yourself in if you stare for too long. Unlike Final Destination, however, this stage is not stationary itself but rather morphs into a stationary and gimmickless version of all the other stages (think the dark battle stages from SSE but better) at random, in a way very similar to the way in which the pokemon stadium stages do.
The main theme of this stage, titled "Requiem of Worlds", would be a dark and sinister mix of the first theme of every other stage, much in the way the Banjo Kazooie final boss fight theme was for its music, while the secondary theme isn't something I can think up right now.

D

Deleted member

@Supremem Dirt: Aside from some comments Sakurai has made, no.

:phone:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Than you fight them.

No offense but that would be terrible... things should just stay the way they are you shouldn't have to "buy" a character.(wait your joking right? :p)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can't wait until newcomers are revealed! :grin:

Here's my reaction when Ike was announced. Keep in mind the dojo was suppose to update around 12 Midnight Pacific Time give or take a few minutes most of the time (once or twice there were no updates), and this update was at about 3:15 AM.
Holy f***, that was worth not sleeping for 3 hours! f*** ya, way to stay up with me...ironic I said that jokefully eariler, and now it came true! XD
Here's my reaction to the Pokémon Trainer being announced as it was announced.

no no no no no!
Pokemon trainer is gay!
I was mad because I wanted Lucario and Mewtwo real bad in Brawl.... and I was 16! :chuckle: I changed my stance on the Pokémon Trainer within 24 hours! FLIP FLOP! :laugh: :grin: ;)

Me reacting to Diddy Kong being announced:
**** yes! I yelled so loud I woke up everyone in my house...at 2:30 am! XD
LOL, Kin3tic-c4jun-3 = owned! :laugh:
I bet $50 to that guy that Diddy would get in Brawl, as well as Lucario. I still am owed that money.

When I saw Sonic get announced on the livestream for the Nintendo Press Conference, I was stunned. I watched the Press Conference Brawl clip and information over and over until I fell asleep. The next day I saw that Smash Dojo Sonic confirmation video over and over again. They hype was maddening. I couldn't stop getting giddy after that. For nearly a year after that Smash Boards suffered all kinds of lag issues.

Here is my reaction to King Dedede being revealed:
About time...and btw, anyone who doubted him was retarted to begin with! XD
I now offiically think that Ridley is the most likely character for Brawl as a newcomer, shortly followed by Lucario. Anyhoo, check out this video I made of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn_sSBGdkhQ

Ya, Fountain of Dreams orchestrated ROCKS! :) So ya, King Dedede for IN BRAWL, b***ches! :laugh:
That Ridley comment still hurts. :urg:

Here is my reaction to Olimar being confirmed in Brawl:
No more puppies need to die! OLIMAR LIVES IN ALL OF US, AND IN BRAWL!

^ My reaction. I think I scared my family with my reaction. About time, and this rivals the Pokémon Trainer in uniqueness and originality! THANKS SAKURAI FOR REAL INFORMATION! :)
My other reactions I didn't post.

When Toon Link was confirmed I was in initial shock at the pictures and video footage. Once I snapped out of it, I watched and found every video on him. Youtube, Google Video (remember that=???), live streams, etc.

Trust me, it's gonna be hype guys, but keep it calm. Although I never keep it calm. I keep it cool... yet crazy. :cool: :psycho: :chuckle: We're somewhere from 8 months to 20 months away from a formal trailer of some sort. However, expect mad hype, and stay cool. I only really lost about two or three times, but people routinely went friggen 4chan troll crazy. o.O Again, you're going to have a plethora of emotions (good and bad) so don't flip out. Don't do what I did. It's okay to be crazy into it, but don't emotionally respond. Stay Calm. Remember, Nationwide is on your Side, and That's All State's Stand when 15 minutes could save you 15% or more! :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
HELL YEAH Johnknight next E3 is gonna be so hype, I can't wait :grin:

Smash 4 is by far my most anticipated game ever. Every other games are just curious diversions for now until the main course :pimp:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We aren't going to get a trailer for probably like three years at the very least...This site has very little juice to go on right now in terms of SSB4 and it is going to be a looooong while until you get a refill. Uprising hasn't even been given a release date in 2012, and after that they'll immediately pounce on SSB4, but Nintendo wouldn't dare show off a game unless it is farely along its path, and considering this a Smash game... well, that is going to take an incredibly long time. But yeah, the next E3 should be awesome, and probably give us concept discussion topics for the Wii U version but nothing else will be said, I am confident.

smashbot226

Smash Master
How many people think that the fact that SSB4 will be multiplatform will detract from each version of the game as opposed to fully focusing on one iteration of the game?

I still find it humorous how the hype for Sonic was massive and then very few people actually played him. Similar to the Phoenix Wright situation in UMVC3.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
How many people think that the fact that SSB4 will be multiplatform will detract from each version of the game as opposed to fully focusing on one iteration of the game?
How? There's no reason to believe this'll be the case.

smashbot226

Smash Master
How? There's no reason to believe this'll be the case.
There's a perfectly fine reason to believe this MAY happen. Rather than focus all of their attention on one iteration of SSB4- say, the WiiU version- the devs might use resources to focus on both versions of SSB4, drawing upon possible focus toward one version. It's a decent sales idea, since you can create two decent versions of a game over one good version. You cover a console and a handheld, potentially change the roster for both games or add exclusive features that you can't have on the other version, etc.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I bought the 3DS for sm4sh. no ridley would make me a sad phaazling. He better be in the opening trailer. It'd be more boss then metaknight from the opening trailer of brawl.

&@ JohnKnight

when PKMN trainer was announced I was ecstatic because I had been raving that Charizard needed to be in brawl, and everyone was saying that that was ********. I knew it was, but sometimes, miracles happen :D

Dorakiura

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, but has anyone thought of the possibility that transfers will be more like pokemon trading, rather than exporting?

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
What's YOUR Dream Roster?

Organize your characters by the game they're from. Assist Trophies have an (A in front of it.

Here's mine:

MARIO SERIES
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Paper Mario
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Count Bleck
A: Hammer Bros.
A: Toad
A: Rosalina
A: Kamek

DONKEY KONG SERIES
DK
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

YOSHI SERIES
Yoshi
A: Baby Mario and Luigi

WARIO SERIES
Wario
Kat and Ana (Either Assist or playable character. Cannot think...)
A: Ashley

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES
Link
Toon Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
A: Skull Kid
A: Tingle

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES
Ike
Marth
A: Lyn

KIRBY SERIES
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Waddle Dee
A: Kracko
A: Knuckle Joe

F-ZERO SERIES
Captain Falcon
A: Black Shadow (Either Shadow or The Samurai is playable, the other is assist, idk who)
A: Samurai Goroh

METROID SERIES
Samus
Ridley
A: Metroid

MOTHER/EARTHBOUND SERIES
Ness
Lucas
Claus
A: Jeff
A: Porky

POKEMON SERIES
Pokemon Trainer 1 (Squirtle, Charizard, Ivysaur)
Pokemon Trainer 2 (Bayleef, Totodile, Typhlosion)
Pikachu
Lucario
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
A: Pokeballs + Cubone, Arbok

STAR FOX SERIES
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
A: Andross

3RD PARTY SERIES
Sonic
Snake
Megaman
Professor Layton
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu
A: Shadow
A: Gray Fox
A: Proto Man
A: Don Paolo
A: Maya Fey
A: Tachigami

OTHER SERIES
Mii
Lil' Mac
ROB
Ray MK I
Ice Climber
Mr. Game and Watch
Olimar
Pit
Sukapon
A: Isaac
A: Elite Beat Agents
A: Takamaru
A: Jill
A: Chibi-Robo
A: Starfy
A: Balloon Fighter

I have high hopes.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Paper Mario seems like an obvious addition, especially as his 2D/3D morphing powers would work well on the 3DS. Toon Link will likely stay in the 3DS version at the very least. May get replaced on the WiiU though. Waddledee seems like a stupid idea. Ridley, to me atleast, seems like the kind of character who would be WiiU exclusive. Pokemon Trainer 2 (Green?) seems kind of obvious too, though maybe one trainer per console. Lucario I don't like but expect to return. Mewtwo will almost certainly be back. Krystal likely would have been in Brawl if Sakurai had ever bothered to pay attention to the post-N64 Starfox games.
3rd parties I'm not sure on and I doubt we'll see that many.
Mii seems like a good choice for a somewhat customisable character and I just love the idea of Flatzone 3DS.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I honestly don't believe there will be version-exclusive characters, as Sakurai did say he wanted connectivity between the two in the sense that you work on and build a character in the 3DS version, and then transfer and use them in the Wii U version. I'm not saying people are wrong for thinking one version will have characters another version will not have, but it is unlikely unless Nintendo decides to go a somewhat different route with connectivity between the two versions.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That'd be kind of a **** move, dontcha think?

"These characters are on the disc, but you can't play as them unless you have a 3DS, and even then only when you have the 3DS connected to the Wii U."

But anyway, they wouldn't do that because that would be really stupid.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would boost sales for both versions, don't underestimate a company's desperation for sales...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom