• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If people can use their own customizable character in standard competitive play, why bother using any of the stock characters? Unless the customizable characters are just weak as ****.
hmmm.....what is the policy on custom characters in Virtua fighter? if we know that, we know what to do then.

also, yeah, Bleach DS and dissidia show that fighters that don't follow the traditional playstles succeed on handhelds(well, cept for PTE, but that was just liscensed swill.)
I see the online community being about as big as Mario Kat DS with this game-bigger if they don't restrict the online so much lke they did with Brawl.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
i know 3ds is not gonna make it
By that, do you mean the 3DS version of Smash 4, or the 3DS in general? If the former, then that remains to be seen, but I'd like to think it will have some success. If the latter, than it's highly doubtful, as Nintendo has pretty much dominated the handheld market. Sony is the only other company to not have a failed handheld. Otherwise, Nintendo has got the handheld market down to a science.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
you guys have the option not to buy it you know?
They also have the option to voice their opinion, considering that is the nature of this thread.

Probably never heard of Dissidia. If Dissidia can make a fighting game, with customizable charatcers, and retain a competitive environment, there's no reason why Smash 4 on the 3DS can't do the same.
Na.... It's smash :|

Thino

Smash Master
They also have the option to voice their opinion, considering that is the nature of this thread.
and I never prevented them from doing so, I just voiced mine too.

I've never said "if you don't like the 3DS, never post in this thread again", not that it would prevent them from doing so if I said so anyway.

D

Deleted member

Knowing Nintendo and Sakurai, they'll do everything they can to get us to buy both the 3DS and Wii-U versions.

And the dead status of this threads makes me wonder why we have this in the first place.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Knowing Nintendo and Sakurai, they'll do everything they can to get us to buy both the 3DS and Wii-U versions.
Well, I already own a 3DS, so getting the 3DS version of Smash 4 is easy. Now I just gotta save up money for the release of the Wii U, and get the Wii U Smash 4. Suffice it to say that I'm getting both.

And the dead status of this threads makes me wonder why we have this in the first place.
Probably because more people are interested in the console version than a handheld version.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i'm going to wait until the 3DS is released with the 2nd slide pad (and the Zr/ Zl buttons) already integrated into it.
personally, i would rather have the threads fused.
(personally, i prefer the air)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Maybe they'll bundle them together. Not as a collector's edition they just plain come as 1.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
knowing how sakurai likes to devote himself to whatever game he is working on, i wouldnt be surprised to see the wii u and 3ds games release a few years apart

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm doubting DLC characters since that limits multiplayer (both players would probably need the character data for one to use it) but costumes seem like a likely option.
If it doesn't require you to buy it, than it's not a problem. I don't think Sakurai is down with paid DLC.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think Nintendo is down with paid DLC period.

On another subject, I brought this up in the WiiU thread. What do you guys think of there being a hologram/AR Card motif for both games? The AR Cards remind me both of trophies and Smash with how random characters can fight each other. I think it'd be a step up from the trophies. Not only that, but Nintendo could make money by selling AR Cards based on the ones in the game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Nintendo is down with paid DLC period.

On another subject, I brought this up in the WiiU thread. What do you guys think of there being a hologram/AR Card motif for both games? The AR Cards remind me both of trophies and Smash with how random characters can fight each other. I think it'd be a step up from the trophies. Not only that, but Nintendo could make money by selling AR Cards based on the ones in the game.
It could be cool. There will probably be some AR thing, but not very big.

Yeah but do you really want to spend an hour downloading stages, items and characters just for a 2/3 match for example? I suspect nintendo understands that issue.
I'm sure they could make it to where other players can see and play on the content, they just wont have it available to them. Same way you can play against Ganondorf but can't use him online.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
If the DLC isn't free, they would most likely release free "compatibility packs" like Netherrealm did with MK9.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Yes but then you have to go through the hassle of getting them all.
So? Who cares? You'd be getting some new content. Seriously, like every game has DLC now, it's about time Nintendo gets with the program. If people don't want to buy it or download it, great, they don't have to. But I would think the majority of fans would be thrilled to get additional content rather than having to wait years for another game again. Even if they have to pay for it. If you can afford the game and the console, then you can afford a few bucks for DLC.

yani_

Smash Ace
If there is DLC and you have to buy it, I'm sure EVERYONE won't need it in order to play. I'm sure a quick game update would fix that issue.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think for DLC (from a business and fan standpoint) Nintendo should make DLC for items, past stages, stage builder updates, single-player updates, game mode updates, music, options, online updates, and patches free.

As for characters that could be added, I think Nintendo would be wise to sell them apart and in packs. Like sell, for instance, Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo for say $4 individually each, or $9 in a Melee character pack. Then maybe after a year or two, make the DLC characters free. That would be awesome, and it would also be beneficial to Nintendo and the fans. (plus I would pork out $4 easily for a character, or $9 for three character)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Does this mean that Mario is confirmed for SSB4?
It's Mario, they don't need to confirm him to know he's gonna be in the next Smash. :p
If the DLC isn't free, they would most likely release free "compatibility packs" like Netherrealm did with MK9.
I was just about to say the same thing... but then I saw your post. lul

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I think SSB3D/SSBP(portable) are easier for me to remember this title from the other one.

This is the one I am more psyched for even though I want to get competitive with the other game. Just because it's portable and I can actually take it places. xD
I going to prefer "SSB3D" for 3DS and "SSBU" for Wii U.

Does this mean that Mario is confirmed for SSB4?
I really wouldn't doubt it, being Nintendo's mascot lol.

And I doubt, and I pray they don't, take out the original characters.

Playflame

Smash Rookie
I Remeber Seeing This 4 Awhile But I Was Wondering Will The 3ds Version Be The Same Game Or Will It Be A Remake Of The 1st 1 Or Melee But Just Got 2 Wait And See. Also I Heard Rumors It's Gonna Be Called Universe But Not Sure If It's True And Also I Heard Rumors That Captain Falcon From F Zero And Ness And Lucas From Earthbound Ain't Gonna Be On The Next 1 Cause Some1 Said They Think It's Gonna The Last Of Them But Not Sure If Thats True Does Any1 Know The Truth And If It Was Confirmed.

:phone:

yani_

Smash Ace
I think for DLC (from a business and fan standpoint) Nintendo should make DLC for items, past stages, stage builder updates, single-player updates, game mode updates, music, options, online updates, and patches free.

As for characters that could be added, I think Nintendo would be wise to sell them apart and in packs. Like sell, for instance, Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo for say $4 individually each, or $9 in a Melee character pack. Then maybe after a year or two, make the DLC characters free. That would be awesome, and it would also be beneficial to Nintendo and the fans. (plus I would pork out $4 easily for a character, or $9 for three character)
I'd pay for ANY smash DLC in a heartbeat! Although it seems Nintendo is interested in doing free DLC, which is also good of course :awesome:. I'd even be cool if none of the melee characters return in sm4sh and they were all a pack for 10 bucks, or free

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would never pay more than $1 for a DLC character. If I were in charge, this is how DLC would work:
There would be a special channel, something like the new challenger channel. There would be 4 sections, Characters, Stages, Trophies,Music and other collectibles, misc. content, and Bundles.Characters would cost the equivalent of 50-60 wii points(50-60 cents). Stages would be the equivalent of 40-50 wii points (40-50 cents). Trophy and music packs would be the equivalent of 5-10 wii points, depending on how much is in the pack. Misc. Content would be anything from Items to ATs to expansions to the story mode. Anything not falling under other categories. Bundles would be a variety of content around a theme. For instance, lets say nintendo is releasing a new game, "Turtle Quest". They may release a character, Spontaneous Tump (50 wii points), A stage (50 wii points), an item (10 wii points) and a trohy/music pack (6 wii points). But they would also release a Turtle quest bundle for 100 wii points. This way, you get the trophies, music, and item for free. Not only that but there would also be a code system. You could win codes for content at nintendo sponsored tournaments or get them included with games. That would be reasonable in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom