• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tekkie

Smash Master
as a series this game turned fighters on their head. there is no hitpoints. no more toe tap finish. no one fully memorized 10 hit combos. an evolving combat tactic change as percents go up. combo that worked at 10% don't work at 100%.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
@Molly
That toaster is hella tight, buy me ten =o. But I've seen that before, but I had no idea it made hello kitty toast marks on bread. DO WANT.

@Walker
OLD DECK. COOL STORY BRO. =P, but every deck in pokemon wins right away now, or disrupts with sprays until turn 9001.

Dekar173

Justice Man
ok so our first arizona crew has taken off (Light, Bryce, Light, Justin and his GF) and our second car will take off at about 6 (Me, Yan, Roark, Hades, Kira). Get ready to get pounded on by New Mexico Light, Bryce, Light??????? AGAIN? and Justin!
Fixed for proper amounts of fact.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
So today I got a call from a guy who got my number from the NVGA boards. He owns one of these, lives on the west side and is interested in bringing it by the tournament tomorrow. I gave him the address and time, so hopefully we get some gametruck action. I also talked to him about potentially using it for future tournies. He's already partnered up with a guy who wants to run Guitar Hero tournies (my guess is Sephi), as well as a guy who's doing...I forget what game. Halo, maybe? Anyway, yeah. Cool stuff.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh wow.

Wow.

WOW.

You posted your number on the NVGA boards?

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Great fest. I didn't get much of a chance to ask you guys, but is anyone still available for Brawl doubles? Me needs a teammate. If I can't get one I'll just stick with Brawl singles. :|

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Oh wow.

Wow.

WOW.

You posted your number on the NVGA boards?
In case the 2D fighter crowd wanted info about the tourney! Yeah, not the wisest decision...

Anyway, amazing tournament. Melee results for Casey to copy into the eventual results thread.

Singles

1: Light
2: AIDS
3: Alphabravo
4: GoldenGlove
5: Erich
5: Tw1n
7: Twin_A
7: Kit
9: Rojo
9: Bwal
9: Tetsuya
9: Error
13: Fallen
13: Overgames
13: Brandon
13: Branflakes
17: Azul
17: RPG
17: Roro
17: Bun?
17: Kale
17: Bakon
25: Raul
25: Arms
25: THEB

Doubles

1: Light and Magic (Light + Tw1n)
2: Sandwhich Car (Kit + Zman)
3: GGFTW (AIDS + GoldenGlove)
4: DEAD! (Error + ?)
5: Omniqueef (Fallen + ?)
5: Robo Bonodo (Roro + Brandon)
7: *****es R Us (THEB + RPG)
7: Team Negativity aka Team Not Here (Arms + Alphabravo)

Dekar173

Justice Man
In case anyone has my extra AV cables or wiimote (chances are slim to none, considering all of the random douches that happened to show up who probably took them) let me know.

The wiimote is missing the string on the bottom, and has golden batteries. The AV cables have no way of telling that they are unique, but I assure you, I miss them dearly and would be greatly appreciative of their safe return.

As for the tourney- a lot of people I didn't expect to show, showed up! lol. It was a LOT of fun. GGs to all, and AZ get wrecked (as was expected :O)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
So I've now got two possibilities for a partner in Brawl doubles for the next tournament.

Arms and Overgames.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
just saw the results, good job to Light for winning melee but you would have gotten 2nd if i went SONNNNNNNN

good job neil getting 2nd and good job to 3-5 for being decent i guess lol

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I want to see a results topic. I already saw the Melee results. Light is too ****ing good!!! Peach is the sexiest ***** alive!!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Haha, you guys were hilarious. My tire went flat and I was waiting with Tommy for AAA to come and fix it. I was so glad you guys called from IHOP because it made my situation a lot better. You guys should come down to AZ again! <3

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Great tournament. I had fun.

Everyone was extremely positive and friendly (minus Darklink), so I appreciate that. It was good seeing so many familiar faces. It was also nice seeing everyone from El Paseo again. I love you guys. Rock on (I might do shoutouts later).

In other news I was reminded yesterday that my Brawl copy was taken (stolen or not) the ONE time I decided to lend my stuff to a tournament organizer, which is very, very uncool. I think I am going to host a tournament here in the near future to raise funds to buy another copy, even though I shouldn't have to.

It was taken at the Active Imagination tournament. If you had an unknown copy of Brawl in your Wii, or an extra, or whatever. Let me know because it's mine and I'd really like it back since it's a midnight release copy, it's important to me, and thievery of any kind is uncalled for.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Doubles

1: Light and Magic (Light + Tw1n)
2: Sandwhich Car (Kit + Zman)
3: GGFTW (AIDS + GoldenGlove)
4: DEAD! (Error + ?)
5: Omniqueef (Fallen + ?)
5: Robo Bonodo (Roro + Brandon)
7: *****es R Us (THEB + RPG)
7: Team Negativity aka Team Not Here (Arms + Alphabravo)
Lol what....I never entered doubles.

Also, any chance you guys could post a results thread. I'd like to do my shoutouts there.

tekkie

Smash Master
i shamelessly hijacked the replays from kira's SD card (copied them to my card) so i can upload some of those later this week.

ALSO DEKAR can you do me a huge favor and upload some of the replays and the GCT file on your card somewhere? i'd like to get my replays from it. just the ones from friday; if you wanna winrar/upload everything from friday i can sort through them myself and i'd uber <3 you forever

Iria

Smash Rookie
i shamelessly hijacked the replays from kira's SD card (copied them to my card) so i can upload some of those later this week.
LOL do you have the fight with me (MK) vs Kira (Pit) where I hax the two-stock? He was a better player than I, even beat my MK with Ganondorf (but was close, and yeah I'm a noob in tournaments so thats why MK lost). But somehow I two-stocked his Pit w/o even touching him on his 2nd stock, no idea if it was supersandbagging or Pit was just f***ing intimidated by MK.

The only gay part about the tournament was during winners (or grand?) finals when all the **** talking went down. There was the totally appropriate positive encourage for Casey (like good read etc..), and then the pretty lame negative talk to me (like saying im downright horrible at this game etc...) Its cool i guess cause its all in the hype, but i just got annoyed and told everyone off the second after I lost to the people behind us. Pardon me for my behavior at that time, but some of you ****talkers are annoying as hell lol (only the negative mean ones of course)

tekkie

Smash Master
LOL do you have the fight with me (MK) vs Kira (Pit) where I hax the two-stock?
there are six replays from the day of the tournament. they came from the TV that was in the back nearest to the laundry stuff. i have no idea what they are and i have no access to a wii until i get back up there this weekend so i'll do stuff with them then.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
The only gay part about the tournament was during winners (or grand?) finals when all the **** talking went down. There was the totally appropriate positive encourage for Casey (like good read etc..), and then the pretty lame negative talk to me (like saying im downright horrible at this game etc...) Its cool i guess cause its all in the hype, but i just got annoyed and told everyone off the second after I lost to the people behind us. Pardon me for my behavior at that time, but some of you ****talkers are annoying as hell lol (only the negative mean ones of course)
I said good read for both you and him! I think he just had more reads that's all. BUt darklink just remember that no one ever wants the MK or the outsider to win, and you gotta put that **** behind you and just play the game because youre the one in grand finals, and they aren't. Dont let it get to you.

Top Bottom