• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
ATTENTION NEW MEXICANS
HERE IS INFORMATION FOR MY INCREDIBLE NEW MEXICO POUNDS THE 4 CORNERS FEST

Date: Friday, December 11, 2009
Time: starts officially at 2:00 p.m., ends late at night (most likely 2 hours after Arizona arrives), approximately 3 a.m.
Location: My house. If weather permits, I will be manly enough to even move part of the fest outside.

Expectations:

1. You will arrive at my house with pride in New Mexico and a strange, excessive desire to **** OOS and some money for our late-night adventure for food.

2. You will be respectful of my sleeping parents and exhibit reasonable levels of silence.

3. If you are sleeping over because it is 3 a.m. and you are tired, you will bring sleep-related commodities. YOU WILL NOT bring a television because some people will sleep over at my house without a ride to the venue the next day and may need that spot (e.g. Tekkie).

4. If you are not sleeping over and mustering up the manliness to drive back home at 3 a.m., then you will be generous and take a TV off my hands.
Quoted from the Tournament thread. I will still have this fest, even if some of Arizona is not showing up. YOU ALL BETTER SHOW UP :mad: OR ELSE I WILL HAVE TO TAKE MY ARIZONA ANGER OUT ON BUFFALO WILD WINGS AND BURN IT DOWN TO THE GROUND!!!

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Quoted from the Tournament thread. I will still have this fest, even if some of Arizona is not showing up. YOU ALL BETTER SHOW UP :mad: OR ELSE I WILL HAVE TO TAKE MY ARIZONA ANGER OUT ON BUFFALO WILD WINGS AND BURN IT DOWN TO THE GROUND!!!
I will be there. I need my Melee practice.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Down for crews! :D

Walker and I have first dibs on winning low tiers, sorry for any confusion.

I has no transportation to saturday, if anyone wants 5$ to pick me up I would be happy.

Arms

Smash Rookie
Down for crews! :D

Walker and I have first dibs on winning low tiers, sorry for any confusion.

I has no transportation to saturday, if anyone wants 5$ to pick me up I would be happy.
I already said I could give you a ride like last saturday.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Wait...what? I'm housing 10 AZ kids tomorrow??? :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

It's possible and certainly manageable, but some of you should seriously consider leaving the Friday fest late at night with the Twins to their apartments, so we can all enjoy our space comfortably.

...And I was telling Derek earlier today that I was worried not enough OOS would come to make the Friday fest abnormally epic :p

Then I'm guessing that only AZ and El Paso and Fluxus are showing up to the tournament? Are we not going to have the pleasure of ****** the rest of CO or UT again? :(:(:(

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Haha it had me delivering the message from Casey to Razer lol.

See you guys tomorrow! roads should be clear but watch out for ice in the mountains just in case.

:link:

EDIT:
booked our flights for pound. same as arms and dekar. Still at least one more ticket available for the same flight if anyone wants to jump now (1 more for price of 235 I mean)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hahaha you can hear me Neil and Kyle in the Dojo vs Ally MM vid =] Funny stuff and great memories.

Ok so tomorrow I will be at Neils around 11:30 pm. See everyone then =]

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
Haha it had me delivering the message from Casey to Razer lol.

See you guys tomorrow! roads should be clear but watch out for ice in the mountains just in case.

EDIT:
booked our flights for pound. same as arms and dekar. Still at least one more ticket available for the same flight if anyone wants to jump now (1 more for price of 235 I mean)

what airport and what time you guys getting there? im hoping to get there round same time you guys do so we can travel together :)

Hmmm...I have work tonight. Maybe I'll come over afterward. Or maybe I'll go home and get my beauty sleep. I don't know, haha. Still, as long as I make it for Melee singles tomorrow, I'm pumped. :)

Oh yea, just thought I'd throw this out there. This is from the link to that website:

Of the vast number of reasons why Melee is legendary, here are some good ones:
The learning curve between never having played and winning in the competitive scene rivals any other game in history. To be quite honest, denial of such is not really something that can be argued. I don't have the problem because I own and have played both games very much (respecting HL2's quality as well), but argument against Melee can only be blamed by ignorance of its depth. The game is a challenge, there is never boredom in Melee.

Secondly, if you've bothered to watch some of the links people have posted, you'd know what a social game this is. Sure, WoW is based on interaction but only via an unengaging anonimity. Melee is a game that births communities and friendships. Melee can be more than a game. It's not just a gamer's game that one can sit by oneself with at home. HL2 has it's limit. Melee is a game of the people.

HL2 is an experience one can forget, Melee STILL lives on with no end in sight. The game REALLY MATTERS to people, that's why it is the best.
what about the SSBM?
it main thing was it fix and refined the fight system that made the game great. rid them of the infinite combos of ssb and the broken throw mechanics
the people found ways to make it more competitive by throwing in advanced techniques such as wave dashing and l canceling.
in its genre it is the highest selling fighter other than its newer incarnation SSBB.

as a fighter it is one of the easiest to enter with around 16 standard moves, but with a depth that that is surprisingly complex and has spawn a huge tournament play.

it also can be consider an extremely fun party game with 4 players and item thrown around.

as a series this game turned fighters on their head. there is no hitpoints. no more toe tap finish. no one fully memorized 10 hit combos. an evolving combat tactic change as percents go up. combo that worked at 10% don't work at 100%.
Two epic and well-worded posts by two intelligent people, for all you Melee-nostalgic people, haha.

Top Bottom