• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tekkie

Smash Master
working on snake and meta now probably in addition to dedede because it's better than excusing every loss because of using a c-tier character, but i only want to use them as counterpicks against other snake/metas. or, tekkie has given in to sort of tier whoring lol

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Brawl is more reliant on tiers than other games lol. Only MK, snake, and sometimes Diddy ever win relevant tourneys. You want to win, you need tires

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It's because they are the only (aside from ICs maybe) who can compete with MK

You don't really have a choice at the top levels

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
In the spirit of the current discussion, I went back to look at the 1337th post in this thread. From there I was absorbed and just kept on reading. Some choice quotes from the NM thread circa 2.5 years ago. It's crazy, I recall reading these posts for the first time so clearly it's as though they're only a couple pages back.

Yea, Joe lives down the street from me.

See everyone tomorrow. Remember to bring your supplies. OH BOY!!!!!!

Erich out.
Aforementioned 1337th post.

sorry to break it you but yea u kinda suck, sadtimes.com
Trollthug shall forever be the king of trolls in my heart. This is the birth of sadtimes.com, a meme some of you may or may not be aware of.

StarCraft II for the ****ing win.
Sophomore Davis, hyped for a game that won't materialize until well into his college career.

ya i sort of agree...i will gladfully bow out if there is someone to take my place
I just found gladfully to be a hilarious word.

DO NOT EVEN DARE include me on anything about NM's players. I'm not worthy anyway. :ohwell: Give me 2 years also :embarrass

Sliraobe God
2 years later, Neil remains unworthy to be mentioned in the same breath as such NM greats as myself and Redfox.

Take a moment to reflect guys, and look back at the past. About two years ago, most of us didn't even know what a wavedash was. I remember my first tournament, where the finals came and it was me and Davis in the arena. I had a splitting headache, my hands couldn't even hold the controller right I was so sweaty, and we have'd at it. Both matches were pretty close, one stocks if I remember, but Davis came out on top using that Doc of his. Good times, eh? Then I found out about Smashboards through Nintendo Power, and I registered and got MAJORLY flamed for some videos me and Sinz posted up. I most definitely remember that. That was enough motivation for me to go by, so I went and learned all about the game, determined to get better. And we did. We all eventually learned all the crazy stuff about the game, and now look where we stand. We stand on the verge of becoming a threat to the best in the nation. We stand on our own feet, without the help of OOS'ers moving here, slowly mounting the steep hill we have been climbing for so long. We stand, pushing with all our might against those who would oppose us, against AZ, against Texas, against OK, against anyone who dares to challenge us. Now we are so close to achieving the goal of CRUSHING our foes, so close to the top of the wall we have been climbing. We've come a long way, haven't we? We now need to show the world what NM is capable of, all learned without help, all learned under grueling training, aching brains, and tired fingers. July 7th is close, very close. We have ripped through all obstacles that once seemed impregnable to us, and now we have but one left, just one, simple thing. And that thing will fall on July 7th, giving way to the revolution that NM will bring to the entire nation, not just the Southwest. "Prepare for Glory" my fellow NM'ers, for we shall be worthy of nothing less.
You forget to mention that we suck.
Too good.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Steven, I was literally laughing my *** off after reading those posts/commentary.

Lmao, lmao, lmao.

Too good is correct.

Long live Steven and Redfox.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Dude that was funny as hell!!! Good stuff Steven!

Oh ya and Kyle... Kill yourself for ruining you Uber Leet Haxor Pwns That Nub Post Count...

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
So guys... When's the next tournament? Haha jk. We should definitely have some fests over winter break though. Twill be good.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
It hurts to read the naivety in my posts years ago.
Yeah now thats just how you act in person not on the boards :p

Bloodedge the Tarmagoyf said:
I tried to tell you. Your only option left now is suicide.
tw1n said:
Oh ya and Kyle... Kill yourself for ruining you Uber Leet Haxor Pwns That Nub Post Count...
:(

I guess that all hats left to do is this (clearly the manliest option is 1:05)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBbnsvjHgRY

I was so tempted to do a Rick Roll but those are dying out lol

GoldenGlove said:
That was around the time of my second tourney :')

Good times lol

Oh and Magik's Charizard ****ing *****!

:link:

Don't make me slap you on the wrist Erich. You're one john away from it. In fact I can assume that your first thought reading this post will be a john. So remind me to slap you later k? :p

Haha, too good. :p Right, slap me later. I'll remind you, don't worry! Just not too hard. ;)

Hey just so you guys know, Everett gets back in five days, on Saturday I believe. I cannot hold a fest that day, as I will be busy with family and work stuff, but does someone want to hold a fest as a sort of welcome? That'd be freakin' sweet. :)

tekkie

Smash Master
That was hilarious lol. Almost thought it was real haha

before i forget that magic trick you and your brother did with bloodhawk and i think it was justin kamikaze at neil's house where i almost died laughing was the funniest thing i've ever seen. every time i think about it i crack up.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
before i forget that magic trick you and your brother did with bloodhawk and i think it was justin kamikaze at neil's house where i almost died laughing was the funniest thing i've ever seen. every time i think about it i crack up.
Oh do you mean the strength test? Yeah we got a lot of people with that lol. I think Light was the first one we got, not sure though :p

tekkie

Smash Master
Oh do you mean the strength test? Yeah we got a lot of people with that lol. I think Light was the first one we got, not sure though :p

it was the third part of the little red ball trick where you made the ball disappear and then the other twin was a few feet away and pulled it out and it blew the minds of those other two watching it

tekkie

Smash Master
Oh that was me jumping in on davids routine haha! That was 100% improv lol! We both just read each others minds and it all worked out pretty well haha. Their faces were priceless!!!

i could tell it was improved because i remember you playing with one of the small red balls and just piping up with "..and then it pops up over here" or something like that when you pulled it out and it was the simplest most obvious thing in the world but it totally blew their minds and i still can't stop laughing at it

Top Bottom