• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New glitch, very bad for Ganondorf

Pikamander2

Smash Rookie
This happened to me a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post it.

I was Brawling a level 9 Yoshi. At one point, he was in the air, so I used the Dark Dive. Ganondorf grabbed Yoshi, like normal, and starting electrocuting him. Right before the final hit, where Ganondorf goes "HA!", the CPU Yoshi somehow n-aired Ganondorf, canceling the Dark Dive.

I would have saved the replay, but it had already been over three minutes. Has this glitch happened to anyone else?

TP

Smash Master
This is not a glitch. The Dark Dive has literally 0 hitstun. As soon as it ends, the opponent can do an attack, though they can't change the direction they are moving. Certain attacks, such as Yoshi's Nair, are fast enough to hit before the opponent has been hit too far away. This makes Dark Dive a very risky attack against certain characters. On the other hand, few players outside of Ganon mains know about this, so only the computers are likely to punish you for it.

Pikamander2

Smash Rookie
This is not a glitch. The Dark Dive has literally 0 hitstun. As soon as it ends, the opponent can do an attack, though they can't change the direction they are moving. Certain attacks, such as Yoshi's Nair, are fast enough to hit before the opponent has been hit too far away. This makes Dark Dive a very risky attack against certain characters. On the other hand, few players outside of Ganon mains know about this, so only the computers are likely to punish you for it.
Oh, I thought it was like a grab, where you can't attack period.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This makes Dark Dive a very risky attack against certain characters. On the other hand, few players outside of Ganon mains know about this, so only the computers are likely to punish you for it.

I did not know this. :bee:

This is his upb, correct?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Right-O.

I've also known this, but I'm not sure how to take advantage of this, if it does have 0-hitstun, I would think you need something very fast to punish it, or it does you no good.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This takes some practice before you start doing it (automaticly) Vs Ganon.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It can't be that strict of timing, mashing A could prolly do it.

Even then, wouldn't it be buffered?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
In Melee, Ganon's Dark Dive had more knockback than Falcon's Falcon Dive. Now it's switched. :mad:

I hate everything!

*blows up*

SSD

Smash Journeyman
everything in this thread is written in some strange font. I think it's russian. I really have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'm sure it's something silly that won't come in handy at all.

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
everything in this thread is written in some strange font. I think it's russian. I really have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I'm sure it's something silly that won't come in handy at all.
Uhhh... it's plain and simple English... and it is handy.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So wait... wouldn't that make jumping into Dark Dive a good way for certain characters to edgeguard Ganon...?

GOD****IT!

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
However, if the Ganon catches right, you get sent flying into the stage, and then you have little hope of recovery...unless you're Kirby, MK, Snake...:ohwell:

AmazingXeno

Smash Cadet
****, now my bro has an even easier time punishing me because of this stupid flaw....can't let him practice this.
Do you think there's any way of avoiding it?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
****, now my bro has an even easier time punishing me because of this stupid flaw....can't let him practice this.
Perhaps if you AD right as the opponent breaks free, you can dodge their attack and follow up with a Wizkick or aerial. I don't know much about this glitch though, so I'm not sure.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Perhaps if you AD right as the opponent breaks free, you can dodge their attack and follow up with a Wizkick or aerial. I don't know much about this glitch though, so I'm not sure.
Just like for Sonic's D-throw Tech, Ganondorf is still in his animation while the opponent can attack.

Right before the final hit, where Ganondorf goes "HA!", the CPU Yoshi somehow n-aired Ganondorf, canceling the Dark Dive.
The Dark Dive has literally 0 hitstun. As soon as it ends, the opponent can do an attack

Is he talking about the same thing?

he said that the Yoshi N-aired him before the final hit.

I've been familiar with the whole lolhitstun on Ganondorf's up-B, but if you can actually hit Ganon before the thing ends, that kind of really sucks.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Air dodge I'm assuming. And no, ganon takes years to recover from his lag after dark dive. It's kind of sad how it all goes down really.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You might as well let him know so you can get better as a player faster.

Whether you want to accept it or not, people will find out about things eventually, and all you're doing is prolonging the inevitable.

Now I pay particular attention to my opponents and how they react to Sonic's D-Throw, I would've never bothered with his F-Throw otherwise which has done a tiny bit to improve my variety in my game.

It's not a glitch, but rather a design flaw.

Top Bottom