• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Zelda.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Ready to fire... now!

noooo.... shiek is way cooler then Zelda:

Shiek: a ninja. nuff said.

Zelda: a princess who hides behind link and can't fight for ****.
Has Zelda EVER hidden in the Final Fight? No. I'm pretty sure Zelda could kick Link's sorryass. How can she not fight? She casts spells, is the imbodiment of the Triforce Of Wisdom, and has the Gods and Spirts on her side. She has ALWAYS helped Link, and without her, he'd be nothing.

AND FYI: Zelda=Shiek

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
I liked Zeldas fighting style in Melee and tried to use her, but it was too hard to fight the faster characters and I ended up copping out and playing Shiek. If nothing else I hope they fix her smash attacks, because I swear I could never get the actual smash to hit. They'd somehow get out of halfway through, very annoying, this is her forward and up smashes.

In Brawl I hope they actually suck the person in and stop them from getting away until the move finishes.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
Has Zelda EVER hidden in the Final Fight? No. I'm pretty sure Zelda could kick Link's sorryass. How can she not fight? She casts spells, is the imbodiment of the Triforce Of Wisdom, and has the Gods and Spirts on her side. She has ALWAYS helped Link, and without her, he'd be nothing.

has zelda ever fought? no. she hides behind link. as usual. and gets captured.
and don't even say her SSBM moves are hers. she steals them from link.
you get them from the great fairy in OoT.
the only time she ever fights is in TP, and then she shoots light arrows...... in the general direction of hell. sheik..... has needles, etc. and is a ninja. and can teleport using deku nuts or whatever he/she uses. and sheik is reeeeeeeeally fast. and shiek owns zelda in every SSBM match ever played that isn't being played by noobs.

oh, remind me when zelda ever does anything to help link that doesn't involve light arrows? you talk as if link didn't already have his own piece of the triforce, a mystical blade, and enough weapons to arm an army.

my point is, zelda would have been a looooot better if she had just kept on being a ninja. and helped link once in a while.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
has zelda ever fought? no. she hides behind link. as usual. and gets captured.
and don't even say her SSBM moves are hers. she steals them from link.
you get them from the great fairy in OoT.
the only time she ever fights is in TP, and then she shoots light arrows...... in the general direction of hell. sheik..... has needles, etc. and is a ninja. and can teleport using deku nuts or whatever he/she uses. and sheik is reeeeeeeeally fast. and shiek owns zelda in every SSBM match ever played that isn't being played by noobs.

oh, remind me when zelda ever does anything to help link that doesn't involve light arrows? you talk as if link didn't already have his own piece of the triforce, a mystical blade, and enough weapons to arm an army.

my point is, zelda would have been a looooot better if she had just kept on being a ninja. and helped link once in a while.
well, they never explained if Sheik is indeed a totally different personality, or just a disguise, couse if it is just a disguise, Zelda could use all the stuff that sheik has, and sheik never had needles or a whip, let me remind you, they just gave those to him/her/it/potato so he could have a complete moveset, like C. Falcon. So saying that Zelda sucks 'couse she stole moves from Link, atleast the moves existed in the Zelda games, and are not just made up.
Also, i dont remeber Sheik ever fighting, but only getting his/her butt kicked by the dongo dongo or whatever the name of the shadow tample monster is, atleast Zelda did something useful by shooting light arrows, unlike teaching songs, stuff that zelda can also do.

OniLink171

Smash Apprentice
well, they never explained if Sheik is indeed a totally different personality, or just a disguise, couse if it is just a disguise, Zelda could use all the stuff that sheik has, and sheik never had needles or a whip, let me remind you, they just gave those to him/her/it/potato so he could have a complete moveset, like C. Falcon. So saying that Zelda sucks 'couse she stole moves from Link, atleast the moves existed in the Zelda games, and are not just made up.
Also, i dont remeber Sheik ever fighting, but only getting his/her butt kicked by the dongo dongo or whatever the name of the shadow tample monster is, atleast Zelda did something useful by shooting light arrows, unlike teaching songs, stuff that zelda can also do.
true..... but sheik looks co-whatever.... there the same person..... bah i need a vacation from my computer.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sheik has defeated armies of orcs from the depths of Mordor with her l33t harp-playing skills.

PS: NINJA =O

Noshiee

Smash Ace
also, of cousre Zelda gets beaten up by sheik in Melee, he/she/it/potato is over powered, remember, not to mention that if he/she/it/potato comes back, he most likely be nerfed just like fox.
Dont get me wrong, I do want sheik to come back, but it bothers me when people start insulting zelda and saying that sheik is better than her and stuff without realizing the facts first.

Elysium

Smash Lord

Whoa....Link's sorryass? Link's behind isn't sorry, it's muscular!:laugh:
Exactly, The only "action" scene with he/she/it/potato was when that purple goo thing gave he/is/it/potato a swift uppercut = game over. Zelda on the other hand has only been captured... but hasn't been beat up.
Sheik has defeated armies of orcs from the depths of Mordor with her l33t harp-playing skills.
You learn something new everyday.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You learn something new everyday.
Ah, pardon me, that was a typo. What I actually meant to say was "Exactly, The only "action" scene with he/she/it/potato was when that purple goo thing gave he/is/it/potato a swift uppercut = game over. Zelda on the other hand has only been captured... but hasn't been beat up."

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, all I know is that I think Sheik, Link, and Zelda are important in their own ways to the Zelda series.

If you think about it without each other, the story would be very hard to get along with.

Sheik: Allowed you to learn the songs of the temples and informed you with vital information.
Zelda: Helped Link out in the final match, provided vital information, and gave Link something to do with his life. :p
Link: Do I really need to explain?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sheik: Allowed you to learn the songs of the temples and informed you with vital information.
IN OCARINA OF TIME

OoT=/=Entire zelda series

she was just a disguise to hide zeldas identity, thus she will probably never return in a zelda game, why? cause think about it we already know zelda=shiek, and thus if shiek returns theres no point in hiding her identity...

and TP zelda=/= OoT zelda, hey lets give Link (the TP one) the wind waker and skull hammer for extra weaponry? oh wait, HE NEVER GOT THOSE ITEMS, and ZELDA NEVER HAD THE TEACHINGS TO BE A SHIEKAH...

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
IN OCARINA OF TIME

she was just a disguise to hide zeldas identity, thus she will probably never return in a zelda game, why? cause think about it we already know zelda=shiek, and thus if shiek returns theres no point in hiding her identity...

and TP zelda=/= OoT zelda, hey lets give Link (the TP one) the wind waker and skull hammer for extra weaponry? oh wait, HE NEVER GOT THOSE ITEMS, and ZELDA NEVER HAD THE TEACHINGS TO BE A SHIEKAH...
Well I never really said that Sheik did anything else for the Zelda Series. When I put that, it was intentional to make it throughout her appearance in the game, which could've been inferred as to only being the OoT, meaning your argument was for nothing. I am very much aware of all that. Plus the fact that Zelda's alter ego is based off of a deceased cousin that Zelda used to have. And that fact that Impa, Zelda's Guardian, was the one who taught her how to be a Sheikah. Yes I am very aware of all of that.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
IN OCARINA OF TIME

Link never had triforce slash, kirby had never been able to use powers he didnt absorved, DeDeDe never had a mecha-hammer, Peach never pulled out turnips from solid ground, Captain Falcon never used moves, Ness never used PK attacks other than PK Flash and PK Rockin (which he never used in SSB64 or Melee), and many others...continuity had never been included in Smash games, Sakurai doesnt care about it. Ike never fought Mario before they are not even from the same game, franshise, dimetion (or whatever, not to mention time period, and thats only one example...>_>, and that Zelda is using her TP model, doesnt mean that she IS TP Zelda, she is representing all Zeldas from all games, sshe is not named TP Zelda, is she?, I dont reeber TP Zelda using Din's Fire or Farore's Wind (and neither any Zelda had, but we are talking TP Zelda here).

CONTINUITY DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!, ZELDA IS REPRESENTING ALL ZELDAS FROM ALL GAMES, SHE IS NOT NAMED TP ZELDA, SHE IS NAMED ZELDA, AND SHE IS NOT USING TP ZELDA MAGIC, WHY?, BECOUSE SHE IS REPRESENTING OoT ZELDA WITH THOSE MOVES (SHE NEVER USED THEM BUT THEY APPEARED IN OoT ATLEAST) AND REPRESENTING TP ZELDA WITH HER MODEL.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Link never had triforce slash, kirby had never been able to use powers he didnt absorved, DeDeDe never had a mecha-hammer, Peach never pulled out turnips from solid ground, Captain Falcon never used moves, Ness never used PK attacks other than PK Flash and PK Rockin (which he never used in SSB64 or Melee), and many others...continuity had never been included in Smash games, Sakurai doesnt care about it. Ike never fought Mario before they are not even from the same game, franshise, dimetion (or whatever, not to mention time period, and thats only one example...>_>, and that Zelda is using her TP model, doesnt mean that she IS TP Zelda, she is representing all Zeldas from all games, sshe is not named TP Zelda, is she?, I dont reeber TP Zelda using Din's Fire or Farore's Wind (and neither any Zelda had, but we are talking TP Zelda here).

CONTINUITY DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!, ZELDA IS REPRESENTING ALL ZELDAS FROM ALL GAMES, SHE IS NOT NAMED TP ZELDA, SHE IS NAMED ZELDA, AND SHE IS NOT USING TP ZELDA MAGIC, WHY?, BECOUSE SHE IS REPRESENTING OoT ZELDA WITH THOSE MOVES (SHE NEVER USED THEM BUT THEY APPEARED IN OoT ATLEAST) AND REPRESENTING TP ZELDA WITH HER MODEL.
QFT. Perfect. Well said.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Thanks Noshiee! that is the speech I've been waiting to hear. BTW should they change this threads name to Official Zelda Discussion?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, if you think about it, Sheik is a pretty crappy disguise.

I suggest that Zelda instead transforms into something less conspicuous - like a dinner table!

TRANSFORMERS - MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

"FurnitureBots, transform and roll out!"

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
That actually makes sense. I suppose the reason she did was because she couldn't use magic without Ganon knowing, so she assumed a form she could, well, do things in.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
That actually makes sense. I suppose the reason she did was because she couldn't use magic without Ganon knowing, so she assumed a form she could, well, do things in.

also zelda became sheik because to hide from ganon in general not just the magic thing, zelda had to hide because if she got captured then that mean ganon could obtain the triforce of wisdom.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Why oh why will they never update on her on the Dojo... The whole "he doesn't want to confirm/disconfirm Sheik yet" thing not withstanding... Can that REALLY be the most secret thing in Brawl? I think not, and before they released Melee (and I'm not 100% sure on this) I think they managed to say more about Zelda without revealing Sheik until the last minute anyway.

It's very disheartening :(

Stryks

Smash Hero

Theres a diference from using new never before used powers (Triforce Slash) from moves that have existed before (shiek transformation)

Zelda has the TP desing thus TP zelda, Link is using ALL of his TP based weaponry, proven by the TP bow/arrow, the GALE boomerang, the glowing master sword, CLAWSHOT and etc.

Look what ever happens in smash will not affect the characters in the games, BUT whatever happens TO the characters IN theyre games WILL be affected in smash, see Fox´s new look from DS, since he changed, so did he in smash, look at link, he doesnt use magic in TP and thus his spin attack is shorter, without the extra length that was magic in previous smash games...

now zelda NEVER learned the ways of the sheikahs in TP, and thus TP zelda transforming into her hundreds of years old alter ego from OoT WITHOUT the knowledge on HOW to do it would be not being true to the game, and sakurai respects the characters and the games they come from.

shes using din, nayrus and farores powers because she has a connection with those goddess in EVERY GAME where she wields the triforce, not just in OoT, thus since she has the triforce in almost every game, she has connection with the gods...

Seriously by ur logic lets give Link the ocarina, the fire rod from the GB games, the phantom hourglass, the light beam thing zelda did in OoT and so on... no, why? because link has TP moves and look, and zelda has the TP look, sure she has the same MAGIC moves from melee, but unlike physical items like hookshot to clawshot, MAGIC DOESNT CHANGE...

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I liked Zelda in SSBM and glad to see her again in SSBB. But I'm really looking forward to seeing if Shiek will return, Since I ended using her more than I did Zelda herself :/.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Lo and behold, the thread is revived and the first thing anyone talks about is Sheik.
Out with the master-slave relationship, this is a decent game! *shakes fist*

Top Bottom