• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Zelda.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they are just going to balance out Shiek now that she can rack up damage but can't knock back and make Zelda more powerful (Like like how Meta-knight has been seen hitting people but they do not flinch)

still have the same transformation...just perfect it unlike in Melee

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering the same thing about Zelda... he hasn't really updated on her at all. I was hoping he'd update on her today or yesterday, so she could be in the demo (though I suspect the demo will be the same one the press people were playing). I mentioned somewhere that my boyfriend suggested that maybe her Final Smash is a Twilight Princess spoiler, but how long does a game need to be out before stuff doesn't count as a spoiler anymore?

I really hope her Final Smash has nothing to do with Sheik, because (assuming she plays like in Melee) then I will have to avoid Smash Balls like the plague - turning into Sheik is no advantage to me and my playstyle.

I feel like Sakurai just isn't updating on Zelda because he neither wants to confirm nor crush the Sheik players' dreams.

That glowy move in that clip was very interesting. If you notice, a fairy flies around her, but I can't tell if Link made the fairy appear, or Zelda. Watch it again. It looks to me like Link did it, but I don't know. If Link DID produce the fairy, what's up with that?

It would be neat if it was a healing move. Looks slow enough to be reasonable. But that makes me fear that Zelda is going to suck as much as ever, and to compensate they are going to allow us to heal occasionally as to not be knocked out quite so easily. Wouldn't help enough against speedy Foxes and the like, although I can't really judge anything yet, because every judgment is essentially based on how Melee plays, and who knows precisely where Brawl will be similar and where it will differ.

Also, it would have to heal at least 20%, or better yet 30% like Pluvia said, otherwise it wouldn't make enough of a difference to really prevent knock-out....

I really hope they reveal more about her soon.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've been wondering the same thing about Zelda... he hasn't really updated on her at all. I was hoping he'd update on her today or yesterday, so she could be in the demo (though I suspect the demo will be the same one the press people were playing). I mentioned somewhere that my boyfriend suggested that maybe her Final Smash is a Twilight Princess spoiler, but how long does a game need to be out before stuff doesn't count as a spoiler anymore?

I really hope her Final Smash has nothing to do with Sheik, because (assuming she plays like in Melee) then I will have to avoid Smash Balls like the plague - turning into Sheik is no advantage to me and my playstyle.

I feel like Sakurai just isn't updating on Zelda because he neither wants to confirm nor crush the Sheik players' dreams.

That glowy move in that clip was very interesting. If you notice, a fairy flies around her, but I can't tell if Link made the fairy appear, or Zelda. Watch it again. It looks to me like Link did it, but I don't know. If Link DID produce the fairy, what's up with that?

It would be neat if it was a healing move. Looks slow enough to be reasonable. But that makes me fear that Zelda is going to suck as much as ever, and to compensate they are going to allow us to heal occasionally as to not be knocked out quite so easily. Wouldn't help enough against speedy Foxes and the like, although I can't really judge anything yet, because every judgment is essentially based on how Melee plays, and who knows precisely where Brawl will be similar and where it will differ.

Also, it would have to heal at least 20%, or better yet 30% like Pluvia said, otherwise it wouldn't make enough of a difference to really prevent knock-out....

I really hope they reveal more about her soon.
those were some of their taunts:
zelda made magic sparkles and link made Navi appear, they just overlapped so it looked wierd

Drake3

Smash Ace
Link produced the faerie and it was staged to fly through Zelda while she did her taunt. I also think her FS will incorporate the Light Spirits in some way, or the 3 Goddesses or something. I really wish he'd update her at some point seeing as how it's been like 3 months since he revealed her.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I think the way Zelda works in Melee is perfect - no reason to change the way she transforms into Sheik. Besides, giving her the Samus/ZSS FS just cheapens it.

EPX2

Smash Ace
You can't just take that statement out of context, though, since it completely misses the point I was trying to make. Zelda obviously has some glaring flaws as a fighter, but the whole concept of her transforming into Sheik and how she goes about doing that is pretty fine, as far as I'm concerned. I know you were being facetious - just clarifying for those who won't pick up on that.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Talking about Sheik in the Zelda section should be an infractional offense (unless it's something like match-ups or whatever). <_<

Unless, of course, they get it right this time and make Zelda and Sheik way more interdependent.

But...until Sheik's confirmation and that sort of intent is expressed by the developers...let's talk about Zelda.

Someone needs to play that SE demo and get Zelda so we can see how she plays. She was definately one of my favouriter characters and I wanna see what they've done with her. :/

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to play that SE demo and get Zelda so we can see how she plays. She was definately one of my favouriter characters and I wanna see what they've done with her. :/
I think it's been scripted that way for the demo.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I doubt it. You can clearly see Kirby attacking Peach's cage.

And acording to your sig, you don't really care for Zelda, unless you took her off when she was confirmed.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Link produced the faerie and it was staged to fly through Zelda while she did her taunt. I also think her FS will incorporate the Light Spirits in some way, or the 3 Goddesses or something. I really wish he'd update her at some point seeing as how it's been like 3 months since he revealed her.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she'll call upon the light spirits for her FS. My idea for it is that the for orbs each of them carry will appear and they'll come and "catch" them, hurting anyone they touch. Like, the bird would fly down and grab it with the claws, the goat runs over and catches it with the horns etc. if you understand it (tough to explain :()

Regarding whether Zelda will be able to transform into Sheik, I don't think so. Changing via FS would just be rehash of Samus's FS and way unoriginal and it doesn't make sense. We've also seen that Sakurai is concerned about people staying just as one character with PT's stamina which prevents you from switching too rapidly or not at all. It makes sense since they're 3 different characters.
Putting this stamina thing on zelda doesn't really fit since she's still the same character just different looks and fighting style.

Then there's the fact that we already have 2 transforming character. IMO adding a third one would really be pushing it and not adding anything.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a Sheik hater if it appears so, this is just what I think will happen. I don't really care for him/her/it/potatoe (although I'd prefer them to be separate if they both make it)

Yay I actually wrote a somewhat long post :p hopefully it won't be ignored like most of my other posts >.<

EPX2

Smash Ace
Then there's the fact that we already have 2 transforming character. IMO adding a third one would really be pushing it and not adding anything.
They wouldn't be "adding" another character with transformation abilities, they'd simply be bringing one back. It'd be ridiculous to exclude Sheik because of that.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
They wouldn't be "adding" another character with transformation abilities, they'd simply be bringing one back. It'd be ridiculous to exclude Sheik because of that.
It's still another transforming character. This Sheik/Zelda thing didn't even work as intended, people either played just Sheik or just Zelda with a very few (if any) transforming between them and using them both. Zelda was supposedly the killer but Sheik can kill just as well and better. I really don't see the need for having them together.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
It's still another transforming character. This Sheik/Zelda thing didn't even work as intended, people either played just Sheik or just Zelda with a very few (if any) transforming between them and using them both. Zelda was supposedly the killer but Sheik can kill just as well and better. I really don't see the need for having them together.

Case point.

They could still allow Shiek considering there was a TP design for Shiek.

Just I hope it stays away from Zelda. I too would also like to know more about Zelda right now myself. It drives me nuts just thinking of the TP Zelda's abilities.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Case point.

They could still allow Shiek considering there was a TP design for Shiek.

Just I hope it stays away from Zelda. I too would also like to know more about Zelda right now myself. It drives me nuts just thinking of the TP Zelda's abilities.
That's what I think is plausible. And yeah, I know. Why won't they update anything about her already :mad:

Well, I'm off for now...

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
That's what I think is plausible. And yeah, I know. Why won't they update anything about her already :mad:

Well, I'm off for now...

Agreed.

I haven't seen a real good picture of TP design of Shiek myself but I know it exists, from confirmation from LoZ CO.

I'm hoping next week we get more Zelda information at last.

And see you later.

Drake3

Smash Ace
If Zelda does transform then there has to be a reason to transform.

For Samus, if you transform you get to destroy the stage with a devastating attack.

PT I assume your Pokemon will fight better.

Sheik might be a non-playable FS. Like Zelda turns into Sheik and attacks a single or multiple players on screen like Link before turning back into Zelda.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Oo Oo! From the SE video, Zelda looks much, much faster. Still incredibly awkward, but she moves so much faster than before.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
If Zelda does transform then there has to be a reason to transform.

For Samus, if you transform you get to destroy the stage with a devastating attack.

PT I assume your Pokemon will fight better.

Sheik might be a non-playable FS. Like Zelda turns into Sheik and attacks a single or multiple players on screen like Link before turning back into Zelda.
Really, why should Sheik be a FS. Sheik isn't Zelda's ultimate ability, sheik isn't even devastating in oot. Heck, Zelda actually helped Link with the final fight while sheik only taught songs and hid from Ganon. There's really no reason for Sheik to get involved in Zelda's FS.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think they're going to put up her Final Smash this week.

And it's going to be better than peach's.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Really, why should Sheik be a FS. Sheik isn't Zelda's ultimate ability, sheik isn't even devastating in oot. Heck, Zelda actually helped Link with the final fight while sheik only taught songs and hid from Ganon. There's really no reason for Sheik to get involved in Zelda's FS.
As much as I don't care for Sheik, he/she/it/potato was just, if not more important than Zelda in OoT. Without he/she/it/potato Link would have never been able to enter the temples and all that Zelda-y stuff that Link has to do. Zelda really didn't come into focus until he/she/it/potatos whole role was done, and by then there was only what like an hour of the game left?

Still, I stand by the argument that he/she/it/potato should not be Zelda's FS, or even have anything to do with it. Something with the Three Goddesses would be cooler that anything he/she/it/potato could do.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
As much as I don't care for Sheik, he/she/it/potato was just, if not more important than Zelda in OoT. Without he/she/it/potato Link would have never been able to enter the temples and all that Zelda-y stuff that Link has to do. Zelda really didn't come into focus until he/she/it/potatos whole role was done, and by then there was only what like an hour of the game left?

Still, I stand by the argument that he/she/it/potato should not be Zelda's FS, or even have anything to do with it. Something with the Three Goddesses would be cooler that anything he/she/it/potato could do.
I wasn't saying sheik wasn't important in OoT, just that as far as fighting capabilities go, zelda actually did more of that than sheik. But we're agreeing anyway. meh.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
ZELDA WAS SHIEK!!

It's just as if they could switch places in OoT. Zelda could have taught the songs/fought, and vice versa. It was just Zelda in different clothes.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I know that genius, I was just saying that sheik has never been shown having some ninja haxxorz abilities and thus shouldn't be Zelda's bacon. I just talked about them like seperate characters because that's how they're treated in melee, Sheik can't do anything zelda can do and vice verca (spelling?).

Elysium

Smash Lord
Actually, he/she/it/potato did show some Ninja like skillz in OoT. In the form of the the Deku nut disappearance. But as far as the chain and needles, yea that was just out of the blue.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Is there any news regarding Sheik being playable, either by Zelda transforming or as a seperate character?

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's farore winds goes really high in brawl when she use it in a vid she didnt even jump and it went super high probably higher than the ,melee version.

Top Bottom