• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Technique: Reflector Locking

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
So last Saturday when I went to Next Level Lan tournament, I friendlied mah boy Mink, and we went to PS1. It was mad hype, everyone around us was yelling and ****. Then all of a sudden, I pull out something crazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkwk3dWVMQ#t=2m39s

As far as I know, this only works in the PS1 tree, so it's highly situational. But if you get someone in that and can manage to trip them consecutively (like I did) then that's pretty much a lock. He told me he legitimately couldn't get out of it, so I'm thinking we may have something going on here. Thoughts?

Choice

Smash Champion
its not guaranteed that the reflector will trip always, but i have had something similar happen to me before so maybe? did you do any more testing past this?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Yo thats the best thing ever. They always trip when you hit them. New AT everyone. Choice you dont know what your talking about your a Yoshi main. MAYBE if you mained Falco you'd know how it works.

Choice

Smash Champion
it always trips within some number of frames after someone lands so i'm thinking maybe its also the case if someone just stood up.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Wow, this could really improve Falco's metagame. I can't believe this hasn't been discovered sooner.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Sorry Xaltis, thanks to you too :)

Choice, you main -YOSHI- now. Dinosaurs obviously appeal to you more than birds do, so your opinion is invalid. Good day, sir.

Choice

Smash Champion
ey yo, birds come from dinosaurs so respect yo elders.

Choice

Smash Champion
birds lay bird eggs, yoshi can lay falco eggs though.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
^... Choice has a point.

ANYWAY. Back to the matter at hand. I'm thinkin this can now be a good Falco CP. Try to bait your opponent into the tree then Reflector them. (you can't be really close to tree or else it'll just knock 'em away like I did the last time)

Choice

Smash Champion
i've always thought ps1 was a good falco cp caz of how small the platforms are (so anyone platform camping gets laser locked pretty easy). plus spaceys in general have quite a few tricks here. ceiling is of standard height.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Yeah. The only problem are the ledges. You can't firebird onto them or else Falco won't grab on :| (what's the point of having hand-like wings when he doesn't even use them >.>)

On what frames does the reflector trip your opponent?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Yeah. The only problem are the ledges. You can't firebird onto them or else Falco won't grab on :| (what's the point of having hand-like wings when he doesn't even use them >.>)

On what frames does the reflector trip your opponent?
You can firebird the ledges, its just harder than other stages.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
@ Choice: Oh you meant that? Yea you can't do that, same with lylat.

@ DJ Jack: Idk I could figure out maybe but I don't feel like its that important.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This can be interesting I need to try it out pretty soon but it's seems like a PS1 exclusive technique. Good stuff DJ Jack.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i've known about this technique forever lol, i just didn't think it'd be worth posting because a lot of people just camp all the way on the other side of the tree

thanks for posting it though DJ jack :)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Nope nobody has known about this technique ever. Not even me or Dehf, DJ Jack is the soul creator of this technique, anyone who says they knew or thinks its not legit doesn't truly main Falco and are just posters.

Yea POSTERS

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Nope nobody has known about this technique ever. Not even me or Dehf, DJ Jack is the soul creator of this technique, anyone who says they knew or thinks its not legit doesn't truly main Falco and are just posters.

Yea POSTERS
The Jack lock?

Choice

Smash Champion
wait xaltis i thought you were repping the bat nowadays.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
does this work in other places?

if it trips a certain amount of frames after someone lands this could be a great tool to **** falling metaknights who are jumping around lasers.

or marths.

edit but mainly metaknights.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
does this work in other places?

if it trips a certain amount of frames after someone lands this could be a great tool to **** falling metaknights who are jumping around lasers.

or marths.

edit but mainly metaknights.
This could probably work on places with walls actually, like Delfino.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It could be used another way. Like if does do it at certain frames then if you can punish a landing with this and cause a trip it could lead to a chase to grab or other moves/dacus/dash attack.

Top Bottom