• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
lol....... im a cactuar.... i use 10000 needles and you die..... not everyone has ness as their.... whatever picture... but almost all the ness mains do. im mr. exception, and captain obvious.

Nestec

Smash Ace
I used to have Ness as my avatar... But I do love the youngster nonetheless!

AvariceX said:
during the match I had a maaaaaad sugar/caffeine rush/crash or something... started sweating like mad and could not focus at all. Made stupid mistakes that cost me both rounds of that set XD
Nojohns

jk dawg, I believe you. ^____^

Kataefi said:
Dearest ness mains, please help the zeldas http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244251

Not much is heard from your side of the matchup yet, so I'd definitely appreciate it if you all magically appeared
Lol, uuhhhh i dunno. I just had a flashback from my debate with Sonicthehedgedawg about a year ago. o__o

---

There are female Ness mains?? dats hawt

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
No, no! You got it all wrong! Look at Neon Ness' Will Smith Ness texture hacks. That's what I meant when I said that. I messed up my wording. :S I'm going to bed. It's already six in the morning.
Lol, I knew that was what you meant, it just looked like you were saying that:laugh:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
pk flash can be useful. its surprising how many people jump right into the blast. lol

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Am I the only one who doesn´t use PK flash O_o?

Yes.

No, really.

It's because people think if you use it you must be trying to hit with it, which is... not necessarily the case. The fear factor of the move alone opens up a world of options at the edge against most characters.

But hitting with it also isn't as hard as people make it out to be. PK Flash is a safe move, it just has to be used intelligently...

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
I don't find it particularly a bad move to use.

It's like charging an fsmash- people get nervous when you charge something, and often have the tendency to just... run into it. I use it for occasional edgeguarding and general "my opponent is off-the-ledge" mindgames. If you charge a PK Flash and have it travel off the ledge, people suddenly go "OH **** I HAVE TO AVOID THAT" which either has them travel far enough back that you have the chance to dair spike or what-have-you when they come back, or they undershoot the ledge. They're afraid you're going to release it at any moment and it mindgames them. Like Neon Ness said, it all lies in the fear factor. C:

Also, I find that it's pretty awesome in teams.

There are female Ness mains?? dats hawt
Do I get a prize? :3

...in the butt.
I SAID WAT WAT

Uffe

Smash Hero
See the video, "We Can Recover". Look at my PK Flashes! :) I Flash people!

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Question for teh Earthbound fans about my 3D recreation of Onett:

I don't feel like when I'm creating props that I'm able to stylize it as much as I'd like. Should I show this more in the trees, foliage, etc. and buildings more, or should I dig around for some good inspiration to make those mailboxes, stop signs, billboards, and shrubbery stylized and Earthboundy?

I'm trying to find a middle ground between Earthbound funky and somewhat realistic. Do you guys have any inspiration to throw my way, perhaps?

(Heh, Earthboundy, I like that word...)

I don't feel like a Ness player. I have a freaking hot girl as my pictrue. Why do all the cool Ness players have pictrues of the boy who likes steak:(?

( this is a joke)
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with Hatsune Miku. And I have an ice cream cone eating itself, how's that for not-so-Nessy? >_>'

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
eat magic cake and you'll know exactly what to do.....

EDIT: i bet everyone already knew, but ganon can easily just grounded down b over your pkfire and hit you.... i feel like picking up ganon just in case you guys were wondering.... he won't be anything major, just a low usage secondary. and to throw in the extra WTF character. CF has gotten way out of hand for me and i can't play him anymore.

PKFLASH IS USEFUL!!! Uffe HAD SUCCESS WITH IT!!! I HAD SUCCESS WITH IT!!! MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU!!!!

/pkflash debate forever.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's this one. :wolf:
Correct!

Oh snap, I got excited because I thought that Wolf icon was wearing a monocle.

Now I'm sad. :C

I can't let you do that, Star Fox![/britishaccent]

@ GotenOnNimbus: Well there is a video on YouTube that shows a 3D Onett if you're looking for some inspiration on that. I think maybe stick with the original look but add some of your own to it. You know, maybe a different way of looking at Onett in your eyes.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
@ GotenOnNimbus: Well there is a video on YouTube that shows a 3D Onett if you're looking for some inspiration on that. I think maybe stick with the original look but add some of your own to it. You know, maybe a different way of looking at Onett in your eyes.
Yeah, I don't like that version. It's blocky, low-res, and the anti of what I want mine.

I guess what I'm getting at is, I'm going for the quaintness of Onett, but should I lean it more to a more true to life side, or completely off the wall and cartoony? I'm considering a Team Fortress 2-ish look, maybe.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I don't like that version. It's blocky, low-res, and the anti of what I want mine.

I guess what I'm getting at is, I'm going for the quaintness of Onett, but should I lean it more to a more true to life side, or completely off the wall and cartoony? I'm considering a Team Fortress 2-ish look, maybe.
That'd be awesome! :laugh:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
im assuming you're going to put in the cars and the people who stand around as well..... could you make the model of Onett when you just enter the city, like with the roadblocks still blocking the way to twoson and the....... frank people still there? i think the TF2-esque style will make it look awesome... YOU CAN DO IT!!!

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman

I can't let you do that, Star Fox![/britishaccent]
LOLing FOREVER! Potentially the best thing I've ever seen, seriously. Made my week, haha.

If you're a female. And you main Ness. ;j
Both of these apply to me. Delicious prize? Haha.

Goten, I'm really looking forward to any more stuff that you do- your rendition of Onett is super awesome! Also, I really hope someone makes an Onett map for TF2. Then I can proudly use the Ness retexture for the Scout. C:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTaAl2GS2mQ

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'd like to discuss the awesomeNESS (lol, that's about the millionth Ness pun) of Ness' PSI Magnet in Brawl+. If you have not tried out the new Brawl+ nightly build yet I suggest you do. C'mon do it! Do it! Do it NOW!!!
/Arnold Schwarzenegger

PSI Magnet wind buff makes Ness an excellent gimper offstage (ask Link and Mario) and can be used for some lulz. Use PSI Magnet randomly when an opponent is approaching and watch them fly away, lolololol! The superarmor buff (beginning frames have SA now) and wind buff means now that PSI Magnet can actually be useful in abosorbing projectiles, especially from annoying shdling Falcos (only I can shdl and it has to be irl while eating bread and warning people to keep their hands off it).

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I've heard a lot of people talking about the new PSIM in B+. I haven't played around with it yet, but it sounds really fun. Gimping people with Ness, that oughta shut everyone up. :laugh:

Also, I wanted to know something, don't you think Ness is the easiest character in the entire cast to cosplay? I'm saying that all Ness mains should dress up as Ness and go to tournies. It would just be for lulz. Really, you'd be the most popular guy there, I can only imagine how other people would respond to you. :laugh: Even better, let's have multiple people dress up as Ness and we all do Ness's alternate costumes. We'd look so pimp.

I would, definately. The only thing I don't have is the yellow-blue striped shirt. I can't find one anywhere. :x And making your own makes it look cheap, so yeah.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Actually it's easier for me to cosplay as Lucas since I have a shirt that's just like his and my hair somehow manages to be just like his.

I have brown hair though, and I don't want to dye it.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I am the most popular guy at Chicago tournaments already due to my outfit (black hoodie with white stripes and a top hat with matching colors) and my crazy behavior (I bring a wii gun and do a tiny hop while saying "pew pew" in midair, I shdl a lot of people) during tournaments. I am also known to be the poorest smasher in Chicago, I can barely even make it to tournaments and sometimes I'd have to borrow money to get home (I thought I'd be able to "invest" in Brawl+ by winning in the tournament we had, but Anther's Pikachu dominated ;_; ).

So I can't afford (or even know where to get) a Ness shirt/hat and I have no need for them since I look good as hell in my outfit.

Also: Sage has Lucas/Elvis hair?! Awesome! I always pictured you as a communist owl.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i need to go to more Chicago tourneys! you are awesome and keep shdl'ing me all the time... lol. tell me when another one is coming up.... but i might have school conflicts.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
So I can't afford (or even know where to get) a Ness shirt/hat and I have no need for them since I look good as hell in my outfit.
its the truth. :laugh:

Although I didn't see you shdl anyone at the tournament I went to, I did see someone who didn't look like you at all shdling people at the clash of brokeness that was before the last one. (I don't remember the #) Someone is stealing all your cool ideas. :p

Uffe

Smash Hero
Actually it's easier for me to cosplay as Lucas since I have a shirt that's just like his and my hair somehow manages to be just like his.

I have brown hair though, and I don't want to dye it.
I'm a bit curious as to what you look like. :ohwell:

Top Bottom