• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

smash64

Smash Champion
yeah Today this coming weekend at your smashfest/tournament ill teach you some Ness stuff, lmao I just remember when I last played you and you said *i wanna be cool like that* you made my day that day today rolf

Yink get another ticket so u can come to pound 4 =]

smash64

Smash Champion

Thanks Today and you being my apprentice sounds funny but kinda cool xD

lol ahora si me isistes reir pero no te preocupes yo te tengo ati te ba a llegar una llamada oh algo

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Y a ti te va a llegars una visita de algiuen un dia pronto, tu sabes que yo te tengo, pero ANYWAYS!!! how is ness doing these days?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Spanish 2 has not taught me enough to understand what you all are saying.

Yink, try to find a plane ticket, don't just say you don't think you can and not look. No johns.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll do 64 Ness dittos if we can find a setup. His u-tilt, d-smash, and dair are so lol in that game.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I envy all you cool cats who get to go to pound4. Actually I shouldn't say "get to go" since I technically chose not to go. I could have gone but I concluded that the cost of travel expenses combined with the timing relative to my schooling would make going to pound4 a rather poor decision. Also it's just hard for me to know whether I'm available for weekends more than a few days beforehand and being required to pre-register a minimum of several weeks ahead combined with the exorbitant cost of that registration was a bit of a turnoff.

*end johns*

*begin shameless plug*

There is however a large Canadian tournament coming up in Toronto in February which I plan to attend for those of you who might be so kind as to want to meet me :). There is also a large monetary bonus being added to the tournament pot if enough OoC interest is shown. Last year lain, NoJ, Sliq, and bowyer made the trip up here and I'm really hoping this year I'll get to meet more smashers from South of our border. Click the image in my sig for a link to all the info on the tourney if you're interested.

*end shameless plug*

*begin socializing in social thread :laugh:*

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I haven't actually been to a dentist in 2 years due to...complications with my coverage; I hope my teef are ok :laugh:

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I have decided to walk to Pound 4, there is way too much hype for this.
According to google maps it would take me 8 days and 19 hours to walk to Pound 4.

(Walking directions are in beta.
Use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths.)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I envy all you cool cats who get to go to pound4. Actually I shouldn't say "get to go" since I technically chose not to go. I could have gone but I concluded that the cost of travel expenses combined with the timing relative to my schooling would make going to pound4 a rather poor decision. Also it's just hard for me to know whether I'm available for weekends more than a few days beforehand and being required to pre-register a minimum of several weeks ahead combined with the exorbitant cost of that registration was a bit of a turnoff.

*end johns*

*begin shameless plug*

There is however a large Canadian tournament coming up in Toronto in February which I plan to attend for those of you who might be so kind as to want to meet me :). There is also a large monetary bonus being added to the tournament pot if enough OoC interest is shown. Last year lain, NoJ, Sliq, and bowyer made the trip up here and I'm really hoping this year I'll get to meet more smashers from South of our border. Click the image in my sig for a link to all the info on the tourney if you're interested.

*end shameless plug*

*begin socializing in social thread :laugh:*

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I haven't actually been to a dentist in 2 years due to...complications with my coverage; I hope my teef are ok :laugh:
D'aw~! There was still time to pre-reg yesterday. But yeah, it is kind of costy and such! So understandable! Maybe next time!! >__< But have fun at the Canadian tournament!! What is it called~? And what dates? There are two more nationals in the month of February..!

@Daja D: You may want to start now-ish then! XD; oh dear!

Dajayman

Played Vice in wifi today, sh*t he's good. I feel I learned a ton from him.
Eagle, prepare yourself for me on Friday. I have a ton of practice to do and I will have mastered and bettered my Ness even more by Friday at Kirk's. XD

Also more Ness mains need to add and play me on wifi. Go on the XAT page more. ;_;

Uffe

Smash Hero
Played Vice in wifi today, sh*t he's good. I feel I learned a ton from him.
Eagle, prepare yourself for me on Friday. I have a ton of practice to do and I will have mastered and bettered my Ness even more by Friday at Kirk's. XD

Also more Ness mains need to add and play me on wifi. Go on the XAT page more. ;_;
I'm out of my hometown. I never did get to play you. If it ever does happen, I'll probably be nothing compared to ViceGrip.

Dajayman

I always like to play Nessies. In the end both parties end up learning from each other like Vice and I did (I learned how awesome DAS is and he learned how awesome thunder stalling it). XD

Looking forward to playing you UffGay. ;)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
My DAS eventually changed into one aerial into a rising aerial.... The problem is that rising doesn't allow most moves to hit.

I need lots of practice on my ness, and since I haven't been able to play wifi in a really long time I haven't gotten any practice... I'll go on the xat page in about... 40 minutes and play some of you to get myself refreshed... Ness dittos give me a giant boost overall, because I have a more relaxed time playing...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
yeah... I've got the timing for a DAS to be performed every time I go for it, but I can't space well against a couple of characters and normally get shield owned....

the few characters that I know DAS doesn't help against I always go to a rising aerial after my approaching attempt...

EDIT: when did I get over 500 posts???

Dajayman

I think ending any DAS with nair is almost always a bad idea, nair has too much landing lag so the risk-reward ratio is bad.

I really wish nair could be auto-cancelled. It's my favorite Ness aerial. ;_;

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Nope... Once you compare with uair or even beginning fair's landing lag, nair seems like it takes forever... It's at least a good aerial overall. I actually prefer bair though...

EDIT: I also need to put this here:

EPIC!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAnmpyGmDX4

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
Haha I still remember that. I wonder if the duo are still broken up. It's a shame 'cause they really dig Earthbound.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Nair is safe if you hit with it upon landing. The knockback prevents just about all punishment, but I usually end with fair or uair anyways.

And I was wondering, did they ever finish their EB series?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Chuee is right. Also, you can't really space DAS.

One thing that I have found to work unusually well is short hopping past a shielding opponent and using bair behind them. Sometimes they will let go of their shield because they don't expect the bair, and if they don't it's still good for shield poking. You also avoid being shield grabbed because you will already be behind the opponent... some food for thought

Levitas

the moon
Chuee is right. Also, you can't really space DAS.

One thing that I have found to work unusually well is short hopping past a shielding opponent and using bair behind them. Sometimes they will let go of their shield because they don't expect the bair, and if they don't it's still good for shield poking. You also avoid being shield grabbed because you will already be behind the opponent... some food for thought
In melee I do this with marth in the form of run past>fsmash. The difference is that there's a mixup in the form of grab before passing/pivot grab when you're grounded, while you're not here (which isn't a huge deal, but still matters if do it more than a couple times)

Top Bottom