• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Levitas

the moon
me w/ my friends just now:

levitas: any clue what DAS is?
ankoku: got some context?
levitas: ness nairing
scotu: dumb and stupid
ankoku: yeah, why is ness *nairing*?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ummmm...... Ok.

It seems to me that almost anything to be talked about here has been already...

After playing brawl again on wifi vs some people, it seems my Kirby does significantly better now than my ness... :( I need something to push me over the edge...

Chuee

Smash Hero
Learn to space
Spacing doesn't really help. Nair doesn't have nearly enough range nor shield knockback to prevent me from punishing you're ending lag. I showed a friend of mine that uses Ness how easy it is to punish. Most attacks you use for 2nd aerial in DAS are Nair or Uair. Both have ending lag when not autocanceled. When you DAS the problem is that you aren't AC them which makes them easier to punish. Neither of those have enough horizontal range to make them safe. Fair is a little less punishable since it has slightly less ending lag and shield pokes, but it's still punishable. Using a DJ aerial after a fair is much more safer and is much less punishable.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Uair and Fair always autocancel Chuee. They have the same amount o lag which is not 100% safe on shields, but if you're quick, you can sometimes escape delayed grab.

Chuee

Smash Hero
No, autocanceling is where the ending lag of the aerial ends a few frames before you hit the ground. If you land before the ending lag is over there's always landing lag.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Autocancel is when certain aerials (such as Ness' uair fair and bair) hit the grond during the move and you take action during the IASA frams near the beggining of the landing animation, therefore, cancelling the lag of the full aerial landing animation. THere was a topic a while back that had a full list of autocancellable aerials. Ganon for example, has none.

Its irritating when I c autocancelling coined as the term for "finishing an aerial before you hit the ground" >_>
You're not cancelling anything.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Dair in melee autocancels for every frame the hitbox is not out. I'm pretty sure it's the same in brawl...

Levitas

the moon
LOL there were two "definitions" for autocancelling in melee and they were completely different things iirc.

As far as I'm know, the best brawl definition for autocancelling is when normal landing lag replaces aerial landing lag upon hitting the ground instead of the aerial's landing lag if the aerial hadn't run its course to completion (ie you couldn't take another action before landing, even if that action would have been incomplete)

In other words, EB360 is completely right, though I wouldn't have bothered using the term IASA as that applies to normal landing animations w/o a cancel as well (is pretty sure about that one)

Chuee

Smash Hero
Autocancel is when certain aerials (such as Ness' uair fair and bair) hit the grond during the move and you take action during the IASA frams near the beggining of the landing animation, therefore, cancelling the lag of the full aerial landing animation. THere was a topic a while back that had a full list of autocancellable aerials. Ganon for example, has none.

Its irritating when I c autocancelling coined as the term for "finishing an aerial before you hit the ground" >_>
You're not cancelling anything.
I was sure Ankoku posted a topic awhile ago with smash terms where it said AC was landing 1 frame after the hitbox ends. Something like that.
Either way Nair and Uair both have landing lag when you DAS them.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
No im pretty sure it was Tyr that made the thread. It doesnt have 2 be a specific frame, just before the aerial ends.

Nair has lag. It doesnt autocancel. Uair and fair have the same, very small lag.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Either way you're landing right in front of the opponent which is possibly the worst place to be after you hit you're opponents shield. Most characters with decent grab ranges will shield grab you.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If you read your opponent and they like to spot dodge a lot, then use DAS. Otherwise just retreat your nair.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
good luck delta-cod and smash64... and anyone else who is going...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Uffe literally made me LOL, really loud.

I can just see him in awesome clothes, in Delta's face, close to this lips, whispering..."Oh Bebe..."

:laugh:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
cactuar doesn't like toast... he just shoves thousands of needles into peoples bodies and runs away....

and toast can't talk!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Always a good plan. Enjoy your stay, have fun, be rockin'...whatever :p

@FuPoo: L. O. L.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Uffe literally made me LOL, really loud.

I can just see him in awesome clothes, in Delta's face, close to this lips, whispering..."Oh Bebe..."

:laugh:
That's a scary thought. XD I can't see images on this computer, so I'm not sure what FuPoo posted up. :/

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm not entirely sure what the image meant myself, but your and Eagleeye's avatars were in it.

Also, my pool keeps getting changed, though with each change it seems to get easier. I'm confident I can get top 3 and move out of pools. =D

mobilisq

Smash Ace
HEY. I made you a gift for x-mas. Look down the Ness Board main page a little, it's in there under "Early X-Mas gifts".
haha that's cool, thanks!

still want a friend code for it or should i just edit it in meself?

Top Bottom