• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
So........ I was looking at the pools for Pound 4 and....

Where are all the Ness mains?!?!?! :confused:

I'm disappointed our character isn't gonna get that much rep. A national level tourney is a great place to make a statement. I'm as guilty as the rest of you who aren't going as well. I did hear alot of people here talking about going and meeting up too. It's too bad. :(

Aside from that, I wish good luck to anyone using Ness at Pound 4.

P.S. Although I'm sad we couldn't have a better showing there; Ness mains are still the best. <3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So........ I was looking at the pools for Pound 4 and....

Where are all the Ness mains?!?!?! :confused:

I'm disappointed our character isn't gonna get that much rep. A national level tourney is a great place to make a statement. I'm as guilty as the rest of you who aren't going as well. I did hear alot of people here talking about going and meeting up too. It's too bad. :(

Aside from that, I wish good luck to anyone using Ness at Pound 4.

P.S. Although I'm sad we couldn't have a better showing there; Ness mains are still the best. <3
People main Ness?

Anyways, as much as I love Ness, I'm not repping him at Pound. Maybe in friendlies, but the Singles tournament is only for Yoshi.

smash64, I demand serious friendlies. =P

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've watched some of your vids, I'll be able to tell if you are.

And if you are, your thumbs are mine. =]

Nah, but really, I don't expect as much gay in Friendlies as I do in a MM/tourny set unless the two people are trying to learn/teach the MU. I know I don't camp as hard in friendlies as I should.

As long as you're still trying it's cool. :laugh:

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Sigh, I'm not feeling Ness that much anymore these days. I've been gimped/gayed way too many times, it's really taking a toll on me...

I know you guys will hate me, but I went all DDD in B+ doubles tournament yesterday and I feel I did much better than I would have with Ness. DLA (awesome Ganon main) and I got third place which is the highest I've ever placed outside of Smash64 (first baby, made $20! 64 is my game!) and I even got my entry fee back, meaning I didn't waste cash.

These low tier blues man...

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
I did pretty good with ness at my last tournament.
That last tournament raised my hopes for my ness. I need to work on my match up stuff

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I just got back from a tournament. Man my doubles team was terrible.

I had +5 kills and we still lost. My partner...I don't know what he was doing at ALL.

Singles was really fun. :3

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sigh, I'm not feeling Ness that much anymore these days. I've been gimped/gayed way too many times, it's really taking a toll on me...

I know you guys will hate me, but I went all DDD in B+ doubles tournament yesterday and I feel I did much better than I would have with Ness. DLA (awesome Ganon main) and I got third place which is the highest I've ever placed outside of Smash64 (first baby, made $20! 64 is my game!) and I even got my entry fee back, meaning I didn't waste cash.

These low tier blues man...
I know what you mean. Don't feel like you have to stick with Ness, you didn't sign a contract. =/

I just got back from a tournament. Man my doubles team was terrible.

I had +5 kills and we still lost. My partner...I don't know what he was doing at ALL.

Singles was really fun. :3
You didn't team with your usual partner? That sucks.

I won a low tier doubles today with Tyr again lol its like free money for us xD
I wish I had a doubles partner. =[

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I won a low tier doubles today with Tyr again lol its like free money for us xD
Nice job. Oh Legan says I have to hang out with you sometime haha.

I know what you mean. Don't feel like you have to stick with Ness, you didn't sign a contract. =/

You didn't team with your usual partner? That sucks.

I wish I had a doubles partner. =[
No I didn't :/ And losing that bad is ugh.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I realized ness is extremely good when on the ledge... He has many options that are all good...

Ex.: zss normally uses dsmash when an opponent is on the ledge right? Well use a jumping get-up and wavebounce/breverse (whichever reverses momentum) and you get the dsmash absorbed... You may fall below the ledge, but you can easily dj with either a bair or airdodge or nair back to the stage safely.... Maybe even a pkfire....

Pkt ledgestall. Fair has great range... Getup ledge attack <100 is good and quick. Psi magent wavebounce from ledge jump goes straight back to the ledge (if done correctly). Dj allows funky movement...

That and you can't get grabbed or owned by grab release stuff...

Uffe

Smash Hero
@ Dajayman: I hope you don't give up on Ness either way. I've experienced getting gimped and gayed during matches, but if it keeps happening, you're either being put in a bad position or you're not learning from your mistakes. It's not expected to learn from your mistakes within one day, but if you can, just try. Ness can get far and a lot of us have seen it.

@ Rockmix: I remember after a six month haitus, I felt pretty confident in my Ness but felt that I still needed to learn some match-ups. It sounds like you're in the spot I was in before, so just keep it up. Stay motivated and have fun with it.

@ Yink: Part of winning in a doubles is not only knowing your opponents but knowing your teammate. My brother and I are teammates and we call ourselves PK Samus (that's what I've heard when Ness said PK Thunder since the N64 days and he told me that we should call ourselves that.) Anyway, try to stick with your regular teammate at all times, that way you just may get farther than you would with anybody else.

@ Infern Angelis: That's just an assumption. You never know until you actually go through with it. Money isn't necessary, either. Especially if you were at the tournament and Smash64 and Tyr earned it.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
It's just that Lain and I were chilling outside
(and doing something else Levitas might infract me for saying)
while I was at our local monthly smashfest and he was just convincing me how I should main a higher tier character instead of Ness and getting into how deep Brawl is at pro levels.

And it's really hard to get around Ness' glaring weaknesses. I try very hard but in the end I get gimped at least once per two or three games and it either just ends up costing me or I have to try really hard to even out the playing field again. And my pkt has been eaten/absorbed one too many times. Not to mention all the free regrabs/smashes most characters get on me from a grab release. It just gets to you after so long, the pressure of CONSTANTLY trying to avoid getting grabbed or hit offstage.

Maybe I'm just having the low tier blues... DX

Levitas

the moon
Silly lain and his silly habits that make our tournaments always run slower.

Seriously though, lain is one of the biggest contributors to slow tournaments in the MW <3 lain

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
why did legan say that? Lol
Because he thinks we need to hang out. Also apparently I make him laugh a lot.

Me: *playing Zeton, he kills me with Up Smash*
Zeton: Ah-ha! I got you Ness!
Me: *comes back, immediately kills him with a SH Bair with a serious face* RRRRRRAAAGE
Legan: L O L XD

@Uffe: Ugh I know but he was a friend. ;_;

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Smash64, you may rest your mind over the thought of losing your thumbs. There has been a change of plans.

Instead of attending Pound 4, I am attending a funeral in Ohio.

Top Bottom