• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Teehee, none of you know my face. :p

NOW, my videos were put up late last week but I haven't had much of a chance to put them up until about now SOOOO..... here they are. :-)

Tbh I guess my ness is very 'put-on-the-pressure' kind of ness, it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. in any case, while most vids are lucas, some are ness so watch what you want and dismiss what you don't, feel free to look at my Lucas as well if you're interested:

Brawl random friendlies

These friendlies are pretty much me and my brother (tagged LOL) versus Luxingo (multiple) and Dre (mainly Bowser). he went random in the first game *facepalm* so dismiss his peach. In any case most of them aren't serious and these videos are just if you can be bothered to watch a couple of people having fun with each other (in one of the games you'll notice we didn't even follow standard tourny rules, which is fun. :p )

Luco (Ness, Lucas) vs. Invisi (Pit)

That's the set I lost. Seeing as i hadn't played brawl in ages it was no wonder I lost to my old rival. However I am training again so that we can have awe-inspiring battles again like we used to. :-D

remember that rolling is a bad habit of mine that i know of and am trying to get back out of. Apart from that, i'm sure you know the drill and la da da da and so on and yeah.

Luco (Ness, Lucas) vs. Dre. (Bowser)

Dre, for his first time at a tournament, was a real challenge. He's a good player and with some practice i think could evolve in to a great Bowser. :-)

In any case, i'm rediculously tired so this post must seem a tad punchy and bare rather than detailed, but I can post more tomorrow.

Anyway, have fun watching guys! ^_^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
YOU GOT THIS IM CHEERING FOR YOU BRO.

And tell tarex Zzgashi says hi :p

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
So I got back from the tournament... I unfortunately didn't place too well. ^^;

In friendlies I was doing well. Even friendlies in doubles. Though I don't think any of them were recorded nor saved as replays :/ I went against several different characters and learned about the MUs. I actually won against a Snake O__o

In pools... oh god things went downhill. I only won one match out of 4. I had to play against Tarex, Horo, Doil and TPO. I only won against TPO :p
(Also sorry Z'z, I didn't say hi to him for you since I don't think he wanted to talk with me and I was too shy... :()
Tarex killed me with a GR>U-Smash. I was sad. :(
Doil I accidently gimped myself and got edgehogged instead of me edgehogging him on Pokemon Stadium. Then Round 2 I got screwed over by Brinstar's acid in the end. >__>
Horo outplayed me with his Ness. I know he also uses others characters, like ICs, Sheik and Mario. He also used his Sheik against me.

In brackets I lost 2 sets in a row. 1st set, I win 1st round but then lose the other 2... I was Ness and went against a Toon Link.

2nd set I lost the 1st match (I went Toon Link 1st round) against a Wolf.
2nd match I actually won as Ness AGAINST A MARTH. (Ok maybe I'd have lost if it wasn't on Brinstar... XD) I only got deathgrabbed for like 15% and managed to escape it.
3rd match I stay with Ness, but go against his Wolf again... I lost. :(

All 3 spacies are my least favorite MUs. FML.

I went all Ness except for that one match against the Wolf where I went Toon Link. Probably should've stayed with Ness. Perhaps I could've won that one...

And that is my tourney experience. I shall aim to get better ^__^

Also I feel for my brother since he had to play against Holy in his pool lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I dunno why but I seem to be really good now at getting out of grabs with an air-breakout. You'll notice in the vids i posted I did it a lot against Bowser. :-)

But that's alright yoshi EVERYONE gets murdered in their first tournament. Soon you'll get used to playing a wide variety of different playstyles and you'll start climbing up the chain but it'll take some time, especially when other people have been playing and going to tournies for years. ^_^

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Yoshi, compared to MY first time, that was AMAZING xD I never won anything my first time xD
Do you know if any of your stuff is recorded? try to study your matches o.o and try to study the MU's of characters you lost to

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I just wish that either I started going uphill in the pools and brackets or at least play as well as I did in friendlies xD

I'm still not sure if it was recorded O__o

Though I shall turn those losing matches into learning experiences ^__^

Now I gotta wait a while for the next tourney in my area >__>

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
But wi-fi is totally different from IRL though. :p

Also I did a Ness ditto with Horo, he outplayed me. I only managed to get one stock off of him because I unintentionally PKT2'd him while recovering XD

Ok technically I didn't play a Fox but I got spiked by a Wolf and Falco on my 1st stock early (in friendlies) >__>

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
But it seems like you don't have the luxury of playing everyone IRL so the next best thing is wifi, studying gameplay vids, these boards, and plenty of practice.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
See, the interesting thing is, both Ness and Lucas benefit insanely in doubles. makes me wish there was a doubles matchup chart haha... That would take ages though. :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
imo they should make a doubles tier list (and I dont mean rank actual teams, just rank characters individually depending on how well they do in doubles). Gimme dat Bowser as worst in game~.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
ZSS+Lucas do well together.
ZSS down smash+Lucas up smash=win
She can also heal Lucas.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
There's another tourney in my area next Saturday... But I have finals before that -___-

Thankfully I finish school next Friday ^___^
Also I felt like this school year went by fast... Feels like September was like 3 months ago O___o

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
The order goes like this:

Math (Part 1), Geo, Science, French and Math (Part 2)

Only ones I'mma "study" for is Math XD

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Made it out of pools for the first time today :D

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
2nd seed, top 2 make it out, had a pool of 4. But when pools were made, i was seeded with the expectation that I'd be 3rd, so it's a start :)

Meccs

@Meccs_
I'd like to say: "It's been pretty much two years and i know I said I wouldn't come back but I straightened out my life and now I'm back because I still play Smash all the time and figured I might as well drop by to say hi to everyone!" But I went back a month in this topic and the only people I see that are left I remember are Eagleye and Uffe. I feel bad for leaving everyone not because I was particularly important, but cause I had some good friends here, and now everyone's gone :(
But, uh, hi to everyone regardless, and I see Ness really hasn't changed on the tier list since I've been gone. He really should be higher than Sheik and Yoshi.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Now that avatar i certainly remember :p
That said I came back also because I may enter a tourney again (assuming im not busy, here in CT weve got like 1 tourney evey month and a half) and even though I started using Kirby after I left (so hes been my 'main' for a while now. Still think my Ness is better even though I rarely use it anymore, but simply cause of what I put into it in the past) and a bunch of other characters, I still feel that need to play Ness and go back to him as my main. Stick with what ya know, i suppose. So I was hoping to return for general tips/new findings. but ill post more tomorrow, im gonna go to bed.

:phone:

Top Bottom