• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi, i'm looking at your signature and I'm reminded of that discussion.

... I know what I believe. :3
Hopefully god. I mean, a character cant be a different gender in two copies of the same game. Unless the character in question is Poison, but she (he/it/whatever) is the exception.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well put it to you this way. I may believe the flower is an ice cream, but that only makes me all the more happier doesn't i- ok I don't wanna get in to this again... And I think we all know that birdo is just totally gender confused, maybe ivy can be, too. I'll accept that ivy is a girl if you accept that she's gender confused, how about that?

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Wait, why would you need the translation for Mother 2/Earthbound? Isn't it already in English? :p (Unless it's being translated to a language other than English =P)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I can only find the Mother 2 partial translation, which only has menu things translated, no dialogue lol

and yes english lol

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
hey guize. I'm basically 100% out of this game by now. Smash has taken a back seat to the back seat of everything going on in my life.

CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES! WHERE IT'S AT!!!

Pokemon, YGO, and this newer game called Cardfight Vanguard.
Also, school
Also, DnD and a bunch of other table-top games with some of my friends who are going to college with me from my "rival" high school, if you could call it that.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I've only come back expecting this particular question, thus answering it within this sentence.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
3 days with no talking... The lack of Eagle AND Yink is doing quite a number on the Ness boards.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I feel like posting something just 'cause.

ummmmmmm....... how about I tell a story of how I put myself in a crappy situation in terms of school?

So one week, I skipped a class. "No big deal, just one class..." Well things get out of hand from skipping once. *WORD OF ADVICE FOR SOME OF YOU: WHEN GOING TO COLLEGE, DON'T SKIP MUCH AT ALL OR YOU'LL THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT ALL THE TIME*
The next week, I was going out with this one girl, and for the times that I stayed over at her place, I didn't go to class until later parts of the day.
Shortly after that stuff happened, her and I broke up and I didn't feel like going to class because of whatever.
A week after that, I was terribly ill with I don't know what, but it literally hurt to move and biking places that would normally be perfectly easy to go would leave me sweaty and out of breath, near the point of passing out and not able to focus on the lecture/discussion, so I'd skipped class that week while I recovered. I was an idiot and didn't go and get some form of excuse from the whatchamacallit and those classes I missed which I needed to attend got some points off for that.
I got to the point of not knowing what I needed to do at all for 2 of my classes for a ton of papers and I'm probably failing those 2 classes.

From nearly a 4.0 to that in less than 1 year...
Don't let anything get out of control. Keep on top of everything, even through ****ty times, because as life goes on, feeling ill or being depressed or whatever it might be is no excuse, and bringing out your greatest potential requires working at your normal rate in those bad times.

Life doesn't give many second chances... I'm just hoping I get the chance to make up for my idiocy.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Is there any tips one can give me against ZSS ? I don't have that much trouble, I just want to know if there are something I should watch out for (aside of her U-Air and B-Air) ?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
re-reading this thread i cannot understand why anyone cares that much about an ivysaur's gender

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Cuz shes a girl.

@ZSS: Watch for Side B and dsmash as well. Dsmash shouldnt be so much of a problem so much as you dont charge in blindly with bad spacing, but Side B reaches far and relatively fast, and also kills, so it can be dangerous.

baconator25

Smash Cadet
Well, I haven't really played the match up, but we can magnet her dsmash, side b, up smash and probably something else that I'm forgetting, correct? If this is the case, couldn't "blindly rushing in" to try to bait a dsmash so we could magnet it work and then nair out of it immediately work? And of course, that would be a mix up, so after we do it once and they anticipate it again, they would probably try to punish with I don't know, jab? (I should probably learn this stuff since I'm trying to pick up Zamus as a secondary...) In which case we can read this and fair/pk fire/upsmash maybe.

This is all just me theorycrafting in my head, but it would be cool if it worked!

Also, suit pieces are like, the greatest thing ever. As a Ness, you have the ability to fsmash a piece and make the Zamus go ouch from hitting it back at her, but you'd need a pretty good read. I like to throw out a fsmash at the beginning of one of the matches in a set (not every time, of course) just in case she throws the first piece forward. But, yeah, Ness isn't too terrible with a suit piece and he has a glide toss!... kinda.

And this goes without saying, but being directly above zamus is bad because up air is stupidly disjointed. But we have pretty good air mobility so it's not the biggest issue ever and stuff.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Since many ZSS would use dsmash at least 2 times in a row, PSI Magnet is a good tool.

I'll have to remember using the bat, sounds like a good option especially on Battlefield. Speaking of which, is there any stages I should avoid taking ZSS on ?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Except your magnet has WAY more lag than her dsmash, side b, etc, so youre going to get hit right back anyway, and a good ZSS can put A LOT more damage on you than you just healed up.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Except your magnet has WAY more lag than her dsmash, side b, etc, so youre going to get hit right back anyway, and a good ZSS can put A LOT more damage on you than you just healed up.
jump cancel? and i dont think you can absorb side-b or upsmash

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
**Look at next post; accidental double-post**

Well you stayed at her place.
I just assumed you were indeed tapping that.
Nvm then.

:phone:
I must not have conveyed the right message in what I said....

What I meant was she had an annoying personality and I didn't deem it lucky when looking back at that.

jump cancel? and i dont think you can absorb side-b or upsmash
^

Absorbing ZSS's DSmash almost assures you will hit the ground and be able to either jump cancel or just cancel with a spotdodge/roll OR be well enough below her that it doesn't matter. You shouldn't be trying to absorb that **** from high up anyways, and if you are it's sorta.... double fail. The zss shouldn't be trying to DSmash when you're high up because you could just hit with an aerial or SHE could hit YOU with something quicker and more reliable when you're up higher. If you're approaching the ground from up higher, it only makes sense for her to DSmash if you're already airdodging. Your UAir will come out much faster, not to mention NAir.

The cases where you can't jump cancel to get out of psimag lag are minimal... or safe in the case of me being awesome; I was doing my normal ledge-getup shenanigans where I wavebounce back to the ledge using the psimag but faster to absorb the dsmash I was expecting. It's better to just ledge-drop > DownB in that case, but it was more fun doing that.

DANGIT! I hate when I doublepost.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The ground was angled weird, and since Ness' dthrow trajectory is based off their angle after hitting the ground, he flew at the normal angle from the ground. The reason he went backwards probably has to do with the fact that you were RIGHT on the ledge, so it counted you half over the ledge, half on it, and therefore took your normal 35ish degree angle you normally wouldve had, and that 90 degree cuz the wall offstage, then took a rough middle of that (62-63). Then, since dthrow normally throws at about a 45 degree, which is less than 62ish, he went about the difference of that behind you, so around 18 degrees back.

I hope that makes sense.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The ground was angled weird, and since Ness' dthrow trajectory is based off their angle after hitting the ground, he flew at the normal angle from the ground. The reason he went backwards probably has to do with the fact that you were RIGHT on the ledge, so it counted you half over the ledge, half on it, and therefore took your normal 35ish degree angle you normally wouldve had, and that 90 degree cuz the wall offstage, then took a rough middle of that (62-63). Then, since dthrow normally throws at about a 45 degree, which is less than 62ish, he went about the difference of that behind you, so around 18 degrees back.

I hope that makes sense.
My question is mostly about how the opponent was left closer to me after D-Throw than normal. I figured the slant would change the trajectory, but, the opponent was sent a much shorter distance than normal.

Top Bottom