• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Uffe

Smash Hero
Shigesato Itoi said it himself that he wouldn't mind if someone else made an EarthBound game.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I couldn't enter since my friend who owed me 20 bucks couldn't pay me even though he said he could pay me yesterday...

But I went to Clash for some friendlies and I am going back tomrorrow morning.

You coming tomorrow Eagle?

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
HOW WAS CoB?!?!?!?!?!? HOW'D YOU DO?!?!?!?!? HOW WAS DAJAY?!?!?!?! WHY DID I HAVE TO SAY I COULD DO OTHER STUFF ON SATURDAY?!?!?!?!? WHY AM I WRITING IN LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS?!?!?!?!?!?!

I wish i could have gone, but i had to work.... for the third day straight.... because i was asked to come in for three random days.... the good thing is i got payed money, which i would have lost nearly the same amount had i gone. the bad thing is.... no ness dittos and other fun stuff.
lol it was alright I guess. I just wish I could've stayed for the whole thing, I think I could've done really well.

Dajayman

My good buddy Xyless advanced out of pools thanks to you.

I also did very well in Brawl+. My Jigglypuff and Rawrizard (I didn't use Ness) were ******, especially my Rawrizard. My Rawrizard even beat Anther's Lucario, but Anther's Pikachu is 100x better in Brawl+. Pikachu is God Tier in Brawl+.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Rawrizard. I like that. You can even nickname Charizard that in any Pokemon game he's in. :laugh:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i couldn't go to CoB at all... I just have/had so much **** going on all of a sudden. I've basically been working for a week straight from my bosses asking me to work random days because of 1) it getting busy or 2) somebody else couldn't work... I think i've saved up so much money just from this month though....

My family is going to michigan in 2 and 1/2 days, so i have to get ready for that. and i still have to do two projects for school that involve reading several books and writing reports on them, but i still haven't gotten the books to read yet... I'm not exactly the quickest reader either, although i get everything out of a book.... basically i'm rushing to get a ton of stuff done before the end of the summer, but after I get High-School/ACT/SAT/College/etc. stuff squared away i could probably be at all upcoming tournaments.... the problem is doing well in everything. school is easy, but my dumb teacher didn't round up an 89.5 to an A, so i have to make up for a bit of my GPA, even though i already have above 4.... I'm a bit of a perfectionist... and i think i may be a bit busy because i have 5 weighted courses my first semester, so i may need to take an extensive break from brawl... but who knows, those classes (except AP US History) could be fairly easy. I already know math is.

@ Uffe: WHAT?!?!?!? ITOI DOESN'T MIND IF SOMEONE ELSE MAKES AN EB GAME?!?!?!? Someone should get on that... i want another one to come out/to the US so badly.

EDIT: I didn't even mean to make the ?!?!?!? the same length.... weird how that worked out. I just randomly did the "?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!" and continued typing.

Dajayman

Rawrizard. I like that. You can even nickname Charizard that in any Pokemon game he's in. :laugh:
Already five steps ahead of you. My Charizard is named Rawrizard in every pokemon game I play. My Brawl+ Charizard is named Rawrizard (I used the tag "Rawr" when I play Rawrizard) and the Charizard in my avatar is named Rawrizard.

I said Rawrizard a lot in this reply, 5 times.

Rawrizard, 6.

Edit:
If your job is too busy Eagle, get me a job there. I got no luck finding a job near where I live. DX

Uffe

Smash Hero
Rawr! :urg: Um, Eagleye, he did say that someone else could make an EarthBound game. I'd really like it if someone else did it without using hacks.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
What is this EBFGP thing?
It says the whole Mother fanbase is gonna playthrough EarthBound together... That sounds complicated to me.
I never heard of it, but it sounds fun, I'm joining! I just hope we won't do a non-stop playthrough or anything. Anyone know about it?

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I didnt participate in the last one but yeah, everyone plays through Earthbound together. Earthbound Funktastic Gameplay Summer. It'll have a page of challenges and stuff you can do in the parts of the game everyone is on. Like not taking King for instance in the very beginning which is tame. There are tougher challenges though. It like this:

When it starts, it will give you a day or so to get through a part of the game before it moves on. Depends on the part. You can play ahead if you like. Its not strict or anything. Looks like this one will be livestreamed, which is nice.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Edit:
If your job is too busy Eagle, get me a job there. I got no luck finding a job near where I live. DX
I'm not sure they're hiring/taking in new people....

really? no luck finding any job? ... any special skillz? if so, i could try to help you out...

GameStop? i bet you already thought about it...

Random restaurants??? there are restaurants everywhere, and you never know, there could be one looking for someone to hire. you could be a bus boy, waiter, etc.

Delivery type stuff??? Pizza delivery, Other food delivery....

If you know a lot about computers(/are A+ certified, like I just recently got) you could try and get a job at geek squad OR try to spread word around to people that you are willing to help repair peoples' computers at a price...

I don't really know how to help you too much because my brother got me the job i'm currently at by him working there. i have no real experience in job hunting. All I can say is Good luck... hope you can find some place to work soon so i can play you in a tourney as well as in friendlies.

NOW, back to EB.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I want to play that Mother 4 whenever it comes out! O: That looks pretty spiffy.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Actually... iono.

I've never played any of them, but from what I hear, MOTHER as a whole is an insanely good series. It would be sad if there was a MOTHER 4, fanmade or Itoimade, and it was terrible and marred the series for all eternity. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

Plus no one could create a more baller protagonist than Ness if they tried.

They just need to rerelease MOTHER 1-3 on DS or something in the US, although I'm not sure if that's possible with licensing issues and whatnot. I guess if they could they would have already.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Actually... iono.

I've never played any of them, but from what I hear, MOTHER as a whole is an insanely good series. It would be sad if there was a MOTHER 4, fanmade or Itoimade, and it was terrible and marred the series for all eternity. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

They just need to rerelease MOTHER 1-3 on DS or something in the US, although I'm not sure if that's possible with licensing issues and whatnot. I guess if they could they would have already.
Think of it like fanfics. You know they're not real, so if they do turn out crappy, at least the original series wasn't tainted. :laugh: And yay for xoxokev! How have you been?

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Ah fanfics, I could type up a lot about those. All that time wasted trying to hunt for good fanfics, which is nearly a wasted effort. A prominent example of Sturgeon's law(90% of everything is bad). Incredible 10% though...

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm actually playing Mother 3 right now and I'm finding an increased focus on narrative and not as much focus on humor. That being said, it makes Lucas a little bit more "epic" of a hero considering his quest, but Ness was just too good of a protagonist to be ousted. Plus, Lucas is a crybaby >_>

K.K_Slider

Smash Cadet
Well considering that they had to take Porky's IQ into account and make him at least smart enough to stay away from his neighbor that has more power than Captian Falcon and Chuck Norris combined it was a given that Ness wouldn't be around for Mother 3 at the very least due to the fact he couldn't follow Porky's suite.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
If you know a lot about computers(/are A+ certified, like I just recently got) you could try and get a job at geek squad OR try to spread word around to people that you are willing to help repair peoples' computers at a price...
Just wondering: what is A+ certification with regards to computers?

How representative of useful skills is it? (aka how hard was it for you)

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
The Mother series wouldn't be released on DS even if there were no copyright issues. Nintendo isn't showing any interest. You know how bad Mother two flopped over here, right?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
no.... how could mother 2 have done so bad?!?!? It's a great game!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
They did sooo bad here :(. I kinda feel bad that I never got to play any of the games in the series. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with chuggaaconroy's Mother Lets Plays XD.

Still, Ness has the best power-up sequence of any character in any game ever.

K.K_Slider

Smash Cadet
Yes he does!! If conquering your inner demons could make you several times stronger, faster, and capable of tearing up alien species In real life then psychology would get the absolute attention and respect it deserves!!

Uffe

Smash Hero
They did sooo bad here :(. I kinda feel bad that I never got to play any of the games in the series. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with chuggaaconroy's Mother Lets Plays XD.

I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but download zSNES and then download an EarthBound rom. PM me for details. And I don't mean private visitor message, either, I mean where nobody else can read it.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
I never had the cartridges either. >_> I'm actually playing EB for the first time EVER because I play Ness in Brawl. Got turned on to a ****ing FANTASTIC game series. PLAY IT NAO

Aaaand back to Mother 3. Nate Bihldorff practically said there would be no way that Mother 3 would make it stateside- something about the writers not being under him. He knows there is a fanbase, he said it wouldn't be worked on in the immediate future. They've missed their window in any case. I don't think the fanslation team for Mother 3 could have done any better.

Even Nintendo of Europe caught NoA's Brawl "Tazumili" mishap >_> And you know Europe doesn't get crap for Nintendo games. Lulz, sorry guys.

UH... HAY GUYS LOLOL

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
UFFE! You know I'm too honest and innocent for that sort of thing!

lol :p

For you guys, one name: Reggie Fils-aime. Let the hate-fest begin, even though it's NOJ's fault we don't get a VC release.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
no.... how could mother 2 have done so bad?!?!? It's a great game!
earthbound flopped because americans were too stupid to realize the genius and comedy the game had to offer. From a distance, it was a run-of-the-mill RPG with less-then-stellar graphics. When looked at more closely, it's practically a work of art and ingenuity.

ajw tko

Smash Rookie
lmao once in a while I come accrossed a thread I can't help but love. This one is way better than any of them.

Levitas

the moon
lmao once in a while I come accrossed a thread I can't help but love. This one is way better than any of them.
huh, I thought it was my job to make sure threads like that get closed ASAP.

<_<

>_>

well, I don't actually see any real infractions.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
earthbound flopped because americans were too stupid to realize the genius and comedy the game had to offer. From a distance, it was a run-of-the-mill RPG with less-then-stellar graphics. When looked at more closely, it's practically a work of art and ingenuity.
And it seems people were way into sword dueling medieval dungeon dragon slayer kind of RPG stuff back then.

Uffe

Smash Hero
UFFE! You know I'm too honest and innocent for that sort of thing!

lol :p
I used to be, too. But then I thought to myself, "I wish EarthBound would come out to VC. It'll never happen." Then I had an idea. Something that I thought I'd never do. I downloaded zSNES and played EarthBound! Then the world was happy. The sentence before this one is a lie.

If I'm Ness main does that make me cool?
Instantly, yes. Nobody is cooler than Ness or the people who main him. :p

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
I used to be, too. But then I thought to myself, "I wish EarthBound would come out to VC. It'll never happen." Then I had an idea. Something that I thought I'd never do. I downloaded zSNES and played EarthBound! Then the world was happy. The sentence before this one is a lie.

Instantly, yes. Nobody is cooler than Ness or the people who main him. :p
I guess Im not cool :\

Top Bottom